Start by marking “Private Arrangements” as Want to Read:
Private Arrangements

Private Arrangements (The London Trilogy #2)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  6,006 Ratings  ·  624 Reviews
Love has designs of its own.…

To all of London society, Lord and Lady Tremaine had the ideal arrangement: a marriage based on civility, courteousness, and freedom—by all accounts, a perfect marriage. The reason? For the last ten years, husband and wife have resided on separate continents.

But once upon a time, things were quite different for the Tremaines….When Gigi Rowland
Published March 25th 2008 by Bantam (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Private Arrangements, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Private Arrangements

Rachel (BAVR)
Oct 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of understated romance, reunion romance
Shelves: historical
Jane Feather called this book, "enchanting...An extraordinary, unputdownable love story." You would think a fellow author could conjure up better praise than "unputdownable," but Mary Balogh puts it better. She calls Private Arrangements "a love story of remarkable depth," and that's certainly true.

In fact, the first half of Private Arrangements reads very much like a beautiful, artistic indie film. The first moments glimpsed between Gigi and Camden are intimate and sweet and summon a tone of ma
Reseña completa:
Esta segunda vez le he encontrado más peros que la primera
Ese período tan largo separados
La parte física sí que me ha parecido fría. Pero creo que justo esa es la intención de la autora porque choca totalmente con los fuertes sentimientos que intentan evitar ambos pero ninguno consigue.
Pese a la aportación divertida de la historia secundaria me ha dado rabia porque me restaba espacio para la principal.
Pese a esos puntos me parece una n
Sep 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-book
This is not your typical Regency/Victorian romance, and it will not appeal to all readers of this genre.

It is not a heart-warming story of two people falling in love and making a life together, but rather a story of the devastation that can occur when the happily-ever-after is shattered and seems forever out of reach.

Gigi Rowland is young, rich and uncompromising. Her experience with fortune-hunters, coupled with her mother's unswerving determination to see her marry a duke, has left her pragmat
Like everything I've read so far by Sherry Thomas, this was evocative and beautifully written. Her stories are so rich in her trademark prose, her characters are endearingly flawed and her sexual tension is always maddening. Here we get the story of lord and lady Tremaine, a couple exceedingly adept at fooling society into thinking their marriage to be a peaceful and rewarding Union. Nothing is farther from the truth. But what is true is the passion that still lives between them despite being se ...more
María Ángeles
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pero qué bonito!!!!! Qué bonito!!!!!!! Ainss, qué bonito!!!!!
Es el ejemplo perfecto de cómo una historia de amor te hace perder el día: leyéndola hasta que la termines!!! De cómo una historia bonita, no demasiado larga, te hace feliz.
Dos protagonistas que irradian fuerza, con un humor inteligente y con una química alucinante.
-Hola Camden.
-Hola Gigi.
Y ya está!!!
Por poner algún pero...
1) La historia de la madre no me convence, pero la cena de los 4 es ¡magistral!
2) Un epílogo!!!! Qué daría yo por
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the best historical romance novel I have read in my entire life ever. If all historical romances were like this one I would just apply for an unemployment benefit, sit at home and read them all day every day. I wouldn’t even have showers. And I’d only eat what can deliver to my door. I really would need nothing else in my life, so maybe it’s a good thing not all historical romance novels are like this one.

If you are to read only one historical romance, because, I don’t
Aug 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Lisa Kleypas, Anne Stuart, smart heroines, alpha heroes
Exceptionally well-written with a brilliantly fresh feeling plot that will take you up and down the emotional roller coaster ride from hell smashing your heart to smithereens only to come crashing down and smack it all back together again at the end. I loved this book :D

The writing here is so good that I would even go as far as to say that Thomas is better than Lisa Kleypas who in her own right can pack a really good gut punch. Sherry Thomas manages to weave together a story where the h/h aren’t
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Es la 3ª vez que lo leo y no soy objetiva con este libro, lo sé, tampoco quiero serlo porque me gusta tantísimo... Es una de mis delicias lectoras.
La manera de Sherry Thomas de escribir esta historia me parece espectacular, igual que me lo parecen los dos protagonistas. Gigi y Camden me parecen magníficos, tan "imperfectos". La frialdad, la arrogancia y seguridad de Gigi me parecen magníficas, igual que el sentimiento de engaño y traición que siente Camden y su frialdad, también. Sie
Sep 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Let me say first that I don't like cheating in my romance novels... I thought that I wouldn't mind it here, since the MCs were separated for almost 10 years, but it was not thus... So, I gave it 3 stars. But please do not let my opinion influence you: if you don't feel about cheating so strongly as I do, or if you're more understanding than me, you will surely like it.

I just couln't overcome the idea that two, so much in love, people could do what Gigi and Cam did to themselves.

And you can feel
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Estoy en una nube ahora mismo. Solo he logrado soltar el libro para lo estrictamente imprescindible.
Enamorada me hallo de Camden, de su historia y de las letras de Sherry Thomas 😍
Marisa Sauco
La historia no me convenció del todo y no me emocionó. Por momentos me costó empatizar con los protagonistas, y no sentí química entre ellos. Sin embargo, le pongo tres estrellas (aunque dudé bastante) porque la leí en horas, lo que significa que me tuvo muy enganchada, y me pareció una historia original y bien contada.
Grecia Robles
Me gustó y a la vez no me gustó, la historia se me hizo de lo más interesante y novedosa en el género o será que no estoy acostumbrada a leer de estos temas en este tipo de libro.

La historia me gustó, se me hizo en unas partes triste y dolorosa, pero no simpaticé con los protagonistas sobre todo con Gigi que en la mayor parte del libro me cayó súper mal y Candem muchas veces me desesperó pero por lo general fue mejor que ella.

Lo que si no pude entender y creo que es lo que no me gustó es que est
Sandra Mariscal
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Es el primer libro que leo de la autora y la verdad es que me ha gustado mucho. Mira que le dan vueltas a las cosas hasta lograr estar junto. Han habido veces en las que me han dado ganas de entrar al libro y decirles cuatro cosas a cada uno, pero es lo que tiene el amor, que a veces no nos queremos dar cuenta, pero está ahí. Seguiré leyendo más libros de la autora :)
It took a lot for me to finally suck it up and read this book. I bought it because I had seen rave reviews for it on various review sights. Once I got it I couldn't seem to force myself to read. Even though everyone said it was good, I couldn't get over the fact that these people were bitter and angry and cheated on each other. I like to read romance for the warm, uplifting feelings it inspires as I watch two people fall in love. I like to believe that they'll stay together despite the odds. I d ...more
Aug 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I've noticed many of my friends actually didn't like this book, but I loved it. It wasn't a typical romance, in fact, the H/h are pretty questionable in their ability to love throughout most of the book, but in the end, it was all worth it.

Gigi and Camden are already married during the beginning of the book. In fact, society has deemed their marriage the perfect arrangement, with neither spouse residing on the same continent. Gigi files for divorce with the intention of marrying her new beau, fo
D. Barger
Apr 07, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read a review of this book that was good. I think they were on crack while reading it. Every other chapter is a flashback. I HATE flashbacks. I dislike of both the Hero and Heroine. The Heroine lied in order to marry the hero he found out and left her ass for ten years. She decides to marry again so she files for a divorce, He will only grant it if she gives him an heir. Not only that but she has had numerous lovers during their separation. I really don't like that in my romance books. I'm on ...more
3.5 Stars
This is my first book by Sherry Thomas. The writing is beautiful and I look forward to more by this very talented author.
Jo ★The Book Sloth★

Great doesn't begin to describe how awesome this was. After His at Night I was kind of reluctant to start this one because I was afraid I'd be disappointed(how could this be any better?) but that wasn't the case. This book was if not better then equal to His At Night in every way. I think I'll begin stalking ST regularly!

The book story revolves around two timelines. One begins in 1893 and has two parallel stories and the second in 1882.

In 1893 we see
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread October 2017. I'm still at 3.5 to 4 stars. I did enjoy the reread, possibly more than the original read. But my original thoughts in my first review pretty much stand, although perhaps I was a little more tolerant of the flashbacks on this reread. I still found the MCs were really suited to each other, and as the plot untwisted and they finally found their way back to each other it was very satisfying. And I love Cam. What a gorgeous H!

April 2017: 3.5 stars. I liked this book, although I
Océano de libros
“Acuerdos privados” ha sido una muy buena lectura y he roto la pauta de leer los típicos libros de romántica que acaban siempre con final feliz, con este tenía mis dudas y más cuando no conocía la autora, pero me ha sorprendido para bien.
Sherry Thomas tiene una forma de narrar que no me disgusta quizá la única pega es que priman las descripciones y me hubiese gustado más diálogo, ver más interacción entre personajes (que la hay). Eso sí las descripciones son muy buenas y es fácil dejarse introd
Jul 27, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Private Arrangements is about a couple with a very volatile, complicated relationship. Camden Saybrook and Gigi Rowland met when they were very young and immediately felt a connection. They fell in love with each other but Camden had already promised himself to another woman and his sense of honor wouldn't allow him to cry off. Gigi, in a desperate move, deceives Camden which sets forth a chain of events of lies and misunderstandings for years to come.

The book moves back and forth between the c
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Siguiendo el consejo de dos buenas amigas ( y locas por este libro) , me anime con el para quitarme el mal sabor de boca de otro de sus libros ( Delicioso) y puede decir sin equivocarme que ahora si he descubierto a la verdadera Sherry Thomas de la que tanto me hablaban...

No es un libro facil pero la trama me ha encantado... la pareja protagonista me ha parecido real ( a pesar del orgullo y la cabezoneria de los dos) asi como la historia de amor ( o mas bien de desamor)... me ha gustado mucho lo
Victoria Vane
Jun 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While struggling with my current "work in progress" which is as much of a prequel as a sequel to THE HIGHEST STAKES, I asked a friend if she had read any really good novels that employed flashbacks to tell the backstory story.

She recommended Private Arrangements by Sherry Thomas, which I immediately ordered. It arrived yesterday and I finished it late last night in a solitary sitting. It was incredible! I won't go into any plot details but just offer my overall impression.

I loved her employment
Dec 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emprestados, 2012
Pense assim: o que pode acontecer de tão grave que leve um marido a abandonar a esposa logo no dia a seguir ao casamento?
E o que leva esse mesmo marido a "pedir" um herdeiro em troca do divórcio a uma mulher com quem já não vive há dez anos?
E o que resultará de tal pacto?

Ficou curioso(a)? Eu também!

A sinopse foi o que me atraiu principalmente neste livro. Li-a mesmo antes do livro ter sido publicado e pensei "Este não me pode escapar!". E depois o livro saiu e eu vi a capa (que é lindíssima, dig
Leído en Mayo del 2009

Este libro fue genial... me encantó. Me cautivó desde un comienzo.
Una protagonista fuerte.
Un protagonista que muchas veces te daban ganas de darle un zapatazo por todas las idioteces que hizo pero al final lo perdonas porque se gana tu corazón.

Una historia algo dura en ciertos momentos pero te atrapa de tal forma por querer saber que va a pasar con estos dos y si podrán salvar sus diferencias.

Muy muy recomendado.... voy a ver si algún día lo vuelvo a leer.
Nuria Llop
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maravillosa. Una novela de las que dejan huella. El argumento no tiene más que la relación de la pareja protagonista, pero no necesita más. La historia que avanza y retrocede en el tiempo en una alternancia de capítulos podría descentrar al lector, pero la autora, con un dominio excelente de la técnica narrativa y un estilo elegante y ameno consigue mantenernos en vilo desde la primera hasta la última página. El Amor, con mayúsculas, es el protagonista real de la novela. Todos los personajes est ...more
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muy buen libro, una protagonista muy diferente, me encantó Gigi, la adoré, el que me hizo resoplar fue Candem, perdí la cuenta de las veces que lo insulté, me gustó mucho que la protagonista no se comportará como una estúpida mártir siendo fiel a un marido ausente, si ella se sobrepasó pero más se equivocó el por gilipollas, ella le pidió perdón, le dijo que lo quería pero el erre que erre, siguió en sus trece y con ello perdieron 10 años, pero a pesar de todo eso es Candem me gustó y me subió l ...more
Aly is so frigging bored
2nd read: February 2015
I really love this book...

1st read June 2013

I am addicted to this writer! I think I have only 1 of her books left! How will I go on with my life??
  • The Duke of Shadows
  • My Dearest Enemy
  • The Spymaster's Lady (Spymasters, #1)
  • Untie My Heart
  • To Have and To Hold (Wyckerley Trilogy, #2)
  • The Shadow and the Star (Victorian Hearts, #2)
  • Mr. Impossible (Carsington Brothers, #2)
  • Black Silk
  • Indiscreet
  • A Lady Awakened (Blackshear Family, #1)
  • When Marrying a Scoundrel (Victorian Soap Opera, #2)
  • Seven Nights to Forever
Because actual world domination is too much trouble, USA Today-bestselling author Sherry Thomas decided that her goal is life is to write every kind of book she enjoys reading. Thus far she has published romance, fantasy, mystery, and a wuxia-inspired duology. Her books regularly receive starred reviews and best-of-the-year honors from trade publications, including such outlets as the New York Tim ...more
More about Sherry Thomas...

The London Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Luckiest Lady in London
  • His at Night

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Tenderness, that most alien and disconcerting of emotions, swelled and billowed in her. She picked up a cherry and stared down at the soft, bright-red fruit. “I love you.”
The last time she'd declared her love he'd thrown it right back in her face. She waited uncertainly for his response. She didn't even have to wait a second. He leaned over and kissed her on the mouth. “I love you more.”

- Gigi and Camden”
“He smiled at her. And it hit her like a mallet to the temple, the realization that she was in love with him. Stupidly, dreadfully in love with him.
Overnight, she'd become a fool.”