Start by marking “ACT Like a Lady, Think Like a Man” as Want to Read:
ACT Like a Lady, Think Like a Man

ACT Like a Lady, Think Like a Man

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  33,111 Ratings  ·  2,342 Reviews
Steve Harvey can't count the number of impressive women he's met over the years-women who can run a business, keep a household with three kids in tiptop shape, and chair a church group all at the same time. So when it comes to relationships, why can't these women figure out what makes men tick? According to Steve it's because they're asking other women for advice when they ...more
Audio CD, Abridged
Published by HarperAudio (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about ACT Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, please sign up.

Angela Love Why is it so hard to pull up a read on kindle?
Emilia Check Matthew Hussey's videos and maybe read his book :)

Reeka (BoundbyWords)
Ok so, I definitely have mixed feelings about this book. On one hand, I admire the fact that Steve Harvey gives it to you straight and without a TRACE of subtlety (or sugar-coating if you will), the reasons why the majority of men ARE the way they are, and why we, as women, are unknowingly encouraging them to continue bad habits. He made some very valid points, though I felt that many of them should ALREADY be obvious to woman everywhere (i.e. set standards for yourself, RESPECT yourself in orde ...more
AZ ZA
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: relations
بيبدأ المؤلف بالطلب من السيدة اللي بتقرأ الكتاب انها تنسى كل الكلام اللي سمعته عن عقلية الرجل من المجلات أو الراديو والتليفزيون لان كله غلط

الفصل الأول :

profess , provide , protect

الأولي انه يعرفها لأهله أو أصدقائه أو الأشخاص المهم
Zero vi Britannia
A small rant:

I hate books that reduce male-female relationships to gender stereotypes.
I hate books that make men responsible for their woman's happiness.
I hate books that make men responsible for women in general.
I hate books that treat women as though they are objects to be sought after by men.
I hate books that teach women how to manipulate men.
I hate books that teach men how to manipulate women.
I hate books that take gender relations back to the 50's.
But you know what I hate the most?
I hate
Ziyanda Xaso
Mar 09, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm actually going to review this book as I read it. I actually find it very simplistic in dealing with relationships. Steve here deems men to be simple creatures who are all basically the same regardless of upbringing, culture or creed. He makes some really sweeping assumptions about both men and women. The fact that he assumes that all men are running some sort of game on us women tells me that he really does not have a broad view of people. To me the book sounds like the advice that a father ...more
Kathrynn
Apr 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Women Plan to Date Men
First read April 6, 2009:
A quick, easy read that wasn't as funny as I thought it was going to be. Mr. Harvey gives straight, common sense advice about men that could be used by teenage girls just beginning the dating cycle to women married/divorced with kids. Several of his examples are with divorced women with kids: when to introduce your kids to the man you are dating; if a man is truly interested in a long-term relationship he will make an effort to include your kids on dates, etc.

As for you
Sara
Feb 02, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book actually angered me quite a bit. It's a one-sided critique hammering away that women aren't happy in relationships because they are doing something wrong. It assumes that women are the ones who need to change in order to be happy in a relationship, as if men were perfect in their existence, and it is women who are still struggling to achieve that same level of perfection. Even when Harvey discusses men who treat women like dirt and use them for sex, he turns it around on women, claimin ...more
Kristen
Apr 06, 2012 marked it as are-you-shitting-me  ·  review of another edition
This is a movie now? Are you fucking kidding me? Sure, why wouldn't I take relationship advice from a some fourth-rate hack comedian whose greatest accomplishment is hosting Family Feud (which apparently wasn't canceled in 1989)? Clearly this guy is a relationship expert since he's been married three times himself, so who better to tell us women how to act right for our man. I especially like the casting of unapologetic woman beater Chris Brown for the movie.

Sadly I actually have a friend who o
Judith
Jul 05, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hot-books
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by comedian, Steve Harvey, is as simple as the title. Moreover, Harvey insists all men are simple, like him. Also, all women are complicated, nurturing, irrational beings, or if not, they should fake it so they can get a good man. According to this book, whenever a “real man” chats with a woman it is because he wants to sleep with her. Mr. Harvey compares dating to sport fishing: a woman who is too easy is a “throwback,” not a “keeper.” So, ladies, if you want t ...more
Kristen
Mar 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I saw this book being promoted on "Oprah" one afternoon (rarity, since I typically work until 5) and thought he made a lot of sense. So, I picked the book up and within 2 days I read it cover to cover. Excellent. I recommend it for any woman struggling with relationships with men. It brought a lot of clarity to what I have been going through and made me realize what to look for in men.
Miranda
Jun 03, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm sorry to say this, but this book is a JOKE. The first half of the book, it acted like it was talking to smart women, telling women what drives men and how to make your man feel like a man. Then the second half was talking to dumb, easy girls, making sure they have standards for themselves and don't be clinging to a guy who has other women hanging on his other arm. It didn't flow into "this is what you need to do next" from the beginning.

Another thing he does, is has women making lists of ho
Suzanne
Jul 16, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Amanda Roa
Jun 02, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There are so many things wrong about the advice in this book. I mean, right off the bat, he admires his wife for giving up scuba diving because he is afraid something will happen to her. He actually applauds her for giving up something she loves to do. And what the hell is wrong with wearing a t-shirt to bed? My husband happens to think it's sexy. Follow the advice in this book and you'll find yourself back in the stone ages being drug to the man cave with a huge bump on your head. Not all men t ...more
Robin
Mar 13, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best thing about this book was that when men saw me reading it, they would get ALL KINDS of bent outta shape. Seriously. I mean, they took it personally. That only made me want to get through it faster to see what the hell Steve was telling because men were nervous.

The first part of this book reads like a relationship manual from 1950. I understand where he's coming from, but I couldn't relate. My mind doesn't work that way. A friend of mine agreed that it did sound a little bit dateed, but
Traveller
Just some more cliche'd rubbish spouted forth in order to make a few bucks.
Lilo
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: single girls and single women
Shelves: relationships
This book is a bit oldfashioned, and I don't agree with everything the author says. Still, it would not hurt girls and women to read it. Might make them think. Would make a great gift for a girl/woman who tends to get too cosy with a man at too early a stage of a new relationship.
Ola
Jan 02, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
تعتبر خطيئة كبيرة أن تبدا عامك الجديد بقراءة هذا النوع من الكتب خصوصا إنني اخرج دائما خالية الوفاض

فما شأني برجل وماشأني بالمرأة

عذرا عامي الجديد سوف أكون اكثر حذرا ويقظة

وتوبة

توبة

توبة
Emilie Bertrand
Jan 14, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up
It's the first time I write a real review of a book on this site, and I'm writing it because I'm so upset by this book.
It's totally not the kind of book I'd have thought about reading myself, but my best friend gave it to me as a gift (still don't understand why). I could't get beyond page 50. And if I got this far, it was only because I was on a train home and didn't have anything else to read. I actually wanted to give up at page 10.

What century does this guy think he's living in ? To sum up w
Judith
Aug 30, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not since Mirabel Morgan published "Total Woman" in the 70's has there been such a load of fresh tripe. I know----the title should have clued me in, but a friend highly recommended it and I fell for it. Suffice it to say, most of the men I know do not think like this man. None of the women I know act like the ladies in this book. For example, Mr. Harvey describes the concept that men have a need to protect their wives, and uses the following illustration. His wife likes to scuba dive but he does ...more
Cristal
Sep 21, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is totally sexist and simple-minded. It's pretty upsetting to me that this is a best seller. In our capitalist world, it's exactly the sort of book that a publisher sees, think big money, and nothing more. It's so far from a good piece of literature, so far from a story or advice that has to and must be told, that I want to tear it up and throw it in the trash. (Not that I expected it to be Charles Dickens or anything.)

I read it on a friend's recommendation and out of curiosity. While
Jennie
Dec 08, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
oh Mr. Harvey, I have some REAL issues with you.
I will admit, some of the information in here might be considered insightful (the whole Profess, Provide and Protect thing was interesting), most of it I felt like was just excuses for men to act like jackasses. I'm so sick of hearing "Well, that's just how men are." Shut it. Seriously. And sometimes he contradicts himself, like the "hold out for 90 days" thing comes about 70 pages after "if you don't give him 'the cookie' he's gonna cheat on you."
Maryame
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG this book was tons of Fun!!!

Steve has a great way to delivering his ideas! I had such a fantastic couple of hours reading this.
It taught me stuff, it made me laugh, it answered some questions I always had. I just loved so much. Yes, there are several differences on the way Westerners view relationships in comparison to us, but I Still managed to connect with Several points he mentioned!
& this book it did its job of reminding me of the movie which I adore!
Reham
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: أدب-ساخر
التقييم 3.5
الكتاب "نسائى" يخاطب المرأه و يمكن إعتباره دليل لإنجاح العلاقات من خلال محاولة تقريب وجهات النظر المختلفه للمرأه و الرجل
واجبات الرجل ، صفات الرجل الحقيقى ، صفات المرأه التى تصلح للزواج ، المعايير التى يجب أن تتحلى بها المرأه بشكل عام ، ما ينتظره الرجل من المرأه و بالتأكيد الموضوعات التى تختلف فيها نظرة الرجل و المرأه بشكل كامل و التى تعتبر السبب فى سوء التفاهم السرمدى بينهما
معلومات الكتاب يمكن إعتبارها بديهيات و لكن طريقة عرضها و التركيز عليها كانت مفيده إلى حد كبير
بعض المعلومات ص
أميــــرة
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every woman

I've learned so much out of this book !

It was really amazing to discover the way men think. They're so simple & straightforward creatures.
You should understand that their love isn't like yours! They love through professing, protecting & providing. They want in return your support, loyalty and the cookie.

I recommend this book for every woman just to know how to handle stuff form the manhood's point of view.
The writer's language is so simple & you can finish the book so fast but it'd
Amee
May 12, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, did-not-finish
While I'm sure there are some truths to what he is saying, I didn't like that he talked in absolutes. As if there was no gray area. Plus, he pretty much blames the woman if (actually, he says it's more likely to be when) the guy cheats. It must be that she's not doing something right, etc. I stopped reading at that point.
Kendra
Apr 07, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Emily recommended this and I thought it was a fun and fast read with some good practical, old school advice. I didn't agree with every thing he said, but then, I'm a woman and he is advising me to think like a man.
ياسمين ثابت

Act like a lady think like a man
عنوان جذاب جدا وفي قمة الذكاء

المذيع المشهور ستيف والذي وصل الى مصر بحادثته الشهيرة حين اخطأ في اسم ملكة جمال الكون في مسابقة ملكة الجمال – ذلك المشهد المزعج حين نزعوا منها تاجها وورودها بعد ان اعترف انه كان يقصد اخرى امام الملايين

في هذا الكتاب يعتبر ستيف نفسه يتحدث باسم جميع رجال العالم فهو يحاول من خلال الكتاب ان يشرح طريقة تفكير وعمل الرجال في كتاب من خمسة عشر فصل

في الفصل الاول يتحدث عن طريقة تفكير الرجال من ثم ينتقل لطريقة حبهم في الفصل الثاني ويعتبره مختلف تما
Heather
Mar 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Doaa
May 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
First .. as Steve said :Every Woman have to read This book ! yes u have 2 do trust me ..
am Completely Impressed with this book .. and u'll do too..
every woman read this book 'll Shocked ' Learn 'Knows ..More and more about our life partners .. Men !!
The Author help us to Discover this world the manhood world .. find the big Differences btween woman and men in Love and in Expression and Dealing with some Matters of life !
As well he Talk about Relationships .. Simply How to enjoy a good relations
Cydney
Feb 04, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was right on time. Steve gives insight into the male mind and why guys do what they do. He cuts to the chase and informs females what to do to if you want to be a keeper. The book also allows you to realize the good traits that your guy has which helps you feel you're on the right track; other tidbits give you an idea of which areas of your relationship needs work. Overall, very good relationship advice novel that will give women info that they already know, but also good tips that the ...more
Meera
Mar 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-shelf
تطرَّق الكاتب إلى العديد من الجوانب التي تخص طريقة تفكير الرجال وأسباب تصرفهم لتصرفات قد لا يكون للمرأة اتجاهها تفسير معقول أو صائب كعدم التجاوب في الحديث وسكوته وتغيره في بعض الأحيان. بشكل عام أحبب الكتاب واستفدت من العديد من النقاط، لكن كانت بعض الفصول والمعلومات التي لم أتطرق لها لاختلاف الديانة والثقافة لعدم أهميتها لشخصي. كتاب جميل.
تطوير المرأة الذاتي 4 18 Oct 19, 2015 09:19AM
Not what I was waiting for 5 27 Dec 29, 2014 11:26PM
Steve Harvey 22 204 May 21, 2014 09:13AM
Chicks On Lit: One Movie - Two Books - Which will you choose? 6 75 Apr 21, 2012 01:35PM
  • Act Like a Gentleman, Think Like a Woman:  A Woman's Response to Steve Harvey's Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man
  • Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps for Attracting Your Perfect Mate
  • Make Every Man Want You: How to Be So Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself!
  • Be Honest--You're Not That Into Him Either: Raise Your Standards and Reach for the Love You Deserve
  • Ten Stupid Things Women Do to Mess Up Their Lives
  • It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Break-Up Buddy
  • The Conversation: How Black Men and Women Can Build Loving, Trusting Relationships
  • The Personality Code
  • The Manual: A True Bad Boy Explains How Men Think, Date, and Mate- And What Women Can Do to Come Out on Top
  • Mars and Venus on a Date: A Guide for Navigating the 5 Stages of Dating to Create a Loving and Lasting Relationship
  • Love Smart: Find the One You Want--Fix the One You Got
  • The Vixen Manual: How to Find, Seduce, & Keep the Man You Want
  • In the Meantime: Finding Yourself and the Love You Want
  • Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps: How We're Different and What to Do About It
  • Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl—A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship
  • The Modern Girl's Guide to Life
  • Deal Breakers: When to Work on a Relationship and When to Walk Away
  • Why Him? Why Her?: Understanding Your Personality Type and Finding the Perfect Match
206062
Broderick Steven "Steve" Harvey is an American comedian, actor, entertainer, and radio personality.

He is probably best known as the star of the WB sitcom The Steve Harvey Show, and as one of the four comedians featured in the Spike Lee film The Original Kings of Comedy.

Currently, he is the host of The Steve Harvey Morning Show, a nationally syndicated radio program.

He is also the author of Act Lik
More about Steve Harvey...

“Nothing on this planet can compare with a woman’s love—it is kind and compassionate, patient and nurturing, generous and sweet and unconditional. Pure. If you are her man, she will walk on water and through a mountain for you, too, no matter how you’ve acted out, no matter what crazy thing you’ve done, no matter the time or demand. If you are her man, she will talk to you until there just aren’t any more words left to say, encourage you when you’re at rock bottom and think there just isn’t any way out, hold you in her arms when you’re sick, and laugh with you when you’re up. And if you’re her man and that woman loves you—I mean really loves you?—she will shine you up when you’re dusty, encourage you when you’re down, defend you even when she’s not so sure you were right, and hang on your every word, even when you’re not saying anything worth listening to. And no matter what you do, no matter how many times her friends say you’re no good, no matter how many times you slam the door on the relationship, she will give you her very best and then some, and keep right on trying to win over your heart, even when you act like everything she’s done to convince you she’s The One just isn’t good enough.
That’s a woman’s love—it stands the test of time, logic, and all circumstance. ”
1351 likes
“All I'm telling you to do is to be smart about it. Know that if this man isn't looking for a serious relationship, you're not going to change his mind just because you two are going on dates and being intimate. You could be the most perfect woman on the Lord's green earth-you're capable of interesting conversation, you cook a mean breakfast, you hand out backrubs like sandwiches, you're independent (which means, to him, that you're not going to be in his pockets)-but if he's not ready for a serious relationship, he going to treat you like sports fish.” 1017 likes