Start by marking “Desire Untamed (Feral Warriors, #1)” as Want to Read:
Desire Untamed (Feral Warriors, #1)

Desire Untamed

(Feral Warriors #1)

They are called Feral Warriors—an elite band of immortals who can change shape at will. Sworn to rid the world of evil, consumed by sorcery and seduction, their wild natures are primed for release . . .

Kara MacAllister's quiet small-town life is transformed forever the night a powerful stranger rips her from her home, claiming she is the chosen one—the key to his survival.
Published June 30th 2009 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Desire Untamed, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers... (view spoiler)
Daisy
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Desire Untamed (Feral Warriors, #1)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
2 Weird absurd sex magic Stars

*******SPOILERS****************

Ok I have never read Pamela Palmer before. I seen this book at my local library, and thought to give it a try. I really didn't enjoy this book. Not at all. It was like a weird train wreck that I couldn't look away from. Now I wasn't there when Pamela Palmer thought up this series, but I feel like it went something like this. Palmer decided to write a book series. P.P. read some J.R. Ward books. Thought to herself... "hmm, I love wh
Blacky *Romance Addict*

DNF

Lyon:

photo 1136_zpsad2bcfe5.gif

I tried to hold my sh*t together, I really did, but I couldn't finish this. OMG so frustrating, the main dude is beyond a moron, and I admit the further the story went the more it got on my nerves.

My DNF point was when I got to the scene where the main woman was (view spoiler)

photo 912-1.gif

Say what??? And that's not the first time they somehow
Beate
Nov 15, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shapeshifters
Oh boy. Where to begin?

First of all; this book ain't nothing but some weird rituals that involve sex, sex and lots of sex. And not in a good way. This is just weird! Sex to complete various rituals, sex to save lives, sex to rid of bad magic, sex to cleanse - you get the drift.

This book made me want to cry at how bad this story is, and it made me want to throw my Kindle at something hard. And I love my Kindle. Can't live without it. In short, this book is disturbing. How was this ever published?
Katie(babs)
Jun 23, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: gag-worthy-book
If I had finished Desire Untamed by Pamela Palmer, I would have given it one of the lowest grades for a book this year. I can understand how some authors are tying to ride on the coat tails of Christine Feehan or J.R. Ward, but this book that tried to channel these well know authors, reads like bad fan fiction.

Give me a TigHE… VHyper… PaentHer… ZapHene… Foxx and Wulfe.

Oh, and how could I forget the half woman, half flamingo chef they have called Pinky?

The heroine Kara, who has a normal sounding
D.G.
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
**2.5 stars**

I confess I somehow enjoyed this train wreck.

Kara has lived all her life without wondering why she never gets sick and why she heals miraculously fast from every injury. Until one day, a man shows up at her house, tries to kidnap her while her mother is dying because she’s his ‘radiant’. According to Lyon the kidnapper, she’s not human but a Therian, and her people need her. After her mother dies and some convenient demons show up to bolster Lyon’s claim, Kara decides to leave the
Amadei
Jul 07, 2009 rated it liked it
Here's the problem: We have a band of sexy shapeshifters who need to find the one woman who can replenish their energy so they can continue to battle against those who would wish to eliminate them. They finally find her, but she has no idea that she's important and that she's not really human.

What to do, what to do.

Thankfully, the language of sex translates into every language, so really what we need to do is get her all hot and bothered so she'll be more apt to understand the gravity of the sit
Catherine
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sucked
OMG, this book is so ridiculous. It's over the top, melodramatic, aggravating, and falls in line with most of the stereotypes of this genre. I can get behind some melodrama but this one wasn't entertaining enough to suck me in and make me think all that crazy was fun.

I felt incredibly sorry for the heroine despite how uninteresting her character development was. I mean, really, would it have killed anyone to delve into her background and explain why she didn't know her identity and how she ende
Ibrium
Do I rate a book on quality or subjective enjoyment? And how many stars is crack worth? Because this one? Hoo boy. I enjoyed the crap out of it, for all the wrong reasons and scarfed it up, all while realizing that it is, without question, a, uh, not good book. I settled on a grudging 2-stars.

To enumerate all the problems I had with Desire Untamed would probably take me longer to type out than it took me to read it. It's ridiculous, verges on--and sometimes flat out IS--offensive, horrifying in
Samantha
Apr 22, 2011 rated it did not like it
I think this book managed to hit almost all of my pet peeves in romances. The writing style was good, but I just couldn’t get behind most of the characters and a lot of the plot.

Our heroine, Kara, had very little control over anything that happened to her throughout the story. She’s controlled the minute Lyon, the hero, appears. He abducts her from her life and forces her to live with a bunch of his furry friends. Despite him abducting her, Kara is constantly running to Lyon for help and protect
Yodamom
Feb 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
This was a DNF at 30%
Pete
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Desire Untamed is book 1 in the Feral Warriors Series, by Pamela Palmer . This book is weird!! There are super convoluted characters, shifters, mages, Therians, and a witch.

From the beginning of the story, I was lost. Therian’s seeking a Radiance, was strange, and I felt very sorry for Kara, who was NCAA (no clue at all), as to why she was being abducted from her elder mother, (she thought) , who didn’t survive the encounter. I was almost at a point of setting the book aside for this unsp
Hollie
One of a kind shifter read

~4.5 stars~

I can't believe I am just now hearing about this series, or this writer for that matter. I'm so glad to have come across this one. Here's my breakdown:

The pros:
* Incredible character depth - I felt as if I knew them all, and early on for that matter
* The storyline was creative and original - which seems to be pretty rare in the paranormal genre
* A fast paced plot and never felt sluggish

The cons:
* I wanted a bit more closure or an epilogue, but I suppose that
Melanie
This is a new author for me, and I wasn't sure what to expect.. Turns out I loved this book! I loved the instant attraction between Lyon and Kara, loved the fact that the Pairing doesn't go as planned, and loved the other Feral Warriors, who were all(ok, mostly) verrrrrry hot.. Can't wait to read about the rest of them! I'm going straight to Tighe's story now:-)

I'd say a must read for any warrior brotherhood fans:-) Think Alexis Morgan/Lara Adrian but for shapeshifters:-)
Dee
I really liked some parts (hence 3 stars) but not others and ended up raising my eyes wondering what on earth I was reading....I know this is PNR but some bits were bordering on ridiculous. Not sure this series is for me but will carry on and give it a chance.
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Mar 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
I have discovered there is a specific in the paranormal romance genre that I like most. It is the group of warriors fighting for the greater good. Thus you have the good versus evil. Add a mate/lover/a significant other that another character cannot live without. I do love the chest pounding mine, mine, mine. Thrown in fighting evil and a major ending battle with a happily ever after. These are always my favorites amongst this genre. There are many ways to make each different series unique thou ...more
Ezi Chinny
I really disliked this book. It had a lot of potential but the execution was terrible. The narrator was okay but the audiobook was a chore to get through.

Kara lived her life as human until a man shows up at her house claiming she is a “radiant” and savior of his race. This man, Lyon, explained that Kara wasn’t really a human but a Therian, a race that protects humans but they are being hunted by demons. The Therians had a group of soldiers called Feral Warriors that protected the race. The feral
 Crystal _ Reading Between the Wines Book Club
Series Review:
04.21-2011

The Feral Warriors is a dark and sexy series; every page will leave you craving for more of these delicious warriors.

The series focused on a group of fine warrior males with troubled pasts that meet and fight for their lady loves, which is not as easy as it sounds. Each novel focuses on a different warrior and their HEA.
To balance out the romance and keep the story entertaining there is suspense and action; with the nine Ferals figh
Lauren
Desire Untamed
5 Stars
Synopsis:
Kara MacAllister has always lived a quiet life in a sleepy town but suddenly learns that she is the key to the survival of an entire race. Soon her life is threatened by a malicious evil and the only one she can trust is the man who arouses in her a fierce and primal hunger that threatens to consume them both.

Review:
Absolutely amazing read! The phenomenal story grabs you from the start and won't let go until the very end. On one or two occasions, I even began talki
Aisling Zena
1.5 - 2 stars

Where do I start... The premise was interesting. The plot was as transparent as Casper and it annoyed me that I figured out what was going on (from almost the first 10 pages)when the hero didn't even suspect a smidge of what was going on right in his face. Doesn't think or question or even a teensy weensy niggling doubt or suspicion almost until half way through??(Inconsistent answers to basic questions should ring alarm bells through the roof). He is the leader for crying out loud
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Jul 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
Desire Untamed falls in the category of Satanic Horror or Sadistic Sexual Rituals. The story opens with the heroine Kara caring for a dying mother. She is than kidnapped bt Lyon the leader of immortal shape shifters called Feral Warriors. Every Scene after that has Kara being stabbed followed by sex with Lyon; or Kara having her throat cut twice than of to have sex with Lyon. These types of scenes going on and on through out the book. Their is very little story their and no character development ...more
Lucy Qhuay
Ok, so I had high expectations to this book but it didn't live up to it.
I read one mess after another and I just couldn't take it anymore.

First of all, I know Lyon manipulated Kara's emotions and such, but who would be so focused on a hot guy with her dead mother right beside her?
That's just wrong!

And how ridiculous it is that everytime he touches her, Kara orgasms?

And can we just talk about how he just manipulated her over and over again and not just her emotions? What the hell? The man opens t
Laura..devouring books like crumpets
Its a series i am going to carry on as there was some real interesting characters and plot line, but i think it suffered first book syndrome.... Trying to get my head around everything that was going on....

Lyon and Kara annoyed me a bit, He wouldn't claim her and she never seemed to have her own voice....

But a happy ending so im calling it 3.5 stars.....
Sammy Loves Books
Lyon and Kara

Over the top writing with a too stupid to live Alpha. Lyon actually got on my nerves, but Kara saved the story. I am curious to see where the series goes, and I hope it gets better!

2.5 stars rounded up to 3 stars.
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
An optomistic 3.5 Stars!

I am a HUGE fan of Shifter PNR, a complete ShifterSlut in fact, stake the vampires in the sun and watch 'em smoulder because for me Shifters are top dog, cat you name it! So I love the idea of the Feral Warriors series, any series about a big sexy band of alpha male shifters is going to get my attention. So I went into this series fully prepared to create brand new shrine, infact I had already bought the requiste candles and got the goat for the live sacrifice *please not
PepperP0t
When the Radiant didn't appear to the immortal shape-shifting Therian feral warriors to recharge their power and ascend, they waited. In no shape to fight the warriors desperately perform a ceremony to reveal the Radiant's location and come close to unleashing demons on mankind. Warrior leader, Lyon knew he'd be drawn to find the radiant but had no reason to believe he'd be attracted to her as well.

Kara McAllister was content until a scar mysteriously appeared on her body, her mom was diagnosed
Robin
Jul 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This is the first in the series by by Pamela Palmer. It is the story of Kara a pre school teacher who is currently taking care of her dying mother. Along comes Lyon a Therian Feral Warrior to retrieve Kara and bring her back to Feral Headquarters. It appears that Kara is the "Radiant". A being that gives the warriors back thier energy that allows them to fight The Mage and the draden who are thier enemies. The problem is, Kara has no idea she is the Radiant, and winds up being kidnapped by Lyon ...more
Tania
Oct 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
When you read as much PNR as I do you start to see the same themes occuring all over the place. Vampire warriors with a heart of gold, alpha shifters with control issues, betrayal from within, society structures different from the norm and a first book heroine who knows nothing about the world and so gives the author a chance to explain the world they've created.

This book isn't any different... and you know what - it really didn't matter. For a first book it wasn't bogged down in world building
The BookChick
I typed this whole review but GR totally ate it. I frickin hate this site sometimes.

So, the new review will be simple because I can't remember everything that I typed before. The story was a very interesting opener to the Feral Warriors series. I enjoyed the interaction between the characters and the story held my attention all the way through.

I had a few minor issues with the story though:
(1) Sex was used as a "cure-all" to seemingly everything. At a critical moment in the story, Lyon tells Ka
valee
Jun 12, 2010 rated it liked it
Welcome to the world of the Feral Warriors, immortal shifters who defend the world against evil. I must admit I didn't have huge expectations for this series so I kinda liked it. It wasn't the best read I had later but really entertaining. This installment was a good introduction to this new series and one I definitely wanna read more about. I'm not rating this book any higher because many things seemed forced and too weird.

This is a book with lots of background information but not to the point
Hollie
~4.5 stars~

The pros:
* A fast paced plot and never felt sluggish

The cons:
* I wanted a bit more closure or an epilogue, but I suppose that’s to be expected in a ser
Looking for a series 1 4 Jul 14, 2017 09:00AM
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Shifter series book [s] 4 46 Sep 02, 2015 02:55PM
Paranormal Romanc...: Desire Untamed - Discussion 7 47 Jul 27, 2014 06:07AM
Pamela Palmer's S...: Desire Untamed - Book 1 1 6 Jul 12, 2012 12:04PM

• Hungry Like the Wolf (SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team, #1)
  • Geek Bearing Gifts (Paranormal Dating Agency, #2)
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
  • Golden Eyes (Wild Series, #1)
  • Bitten by Cupid (Includes: Argeneau, #12.5; Offspring, #2.5; Feral Warriors, #3.5)
  • To Love a Wolf (SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team, #4)
  • Wild Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #6)
  • Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2)
  • Twice the Growl (Paranormal Dating Agency, #1)
  • Drawn Together (Brown Family, #5)
  • Wild Cat (Shifters Unbound, #3)
  • Raven's Return (Icehome, #11)
  • Callie's Catastrophe (Icehome, #8)
  • Darkness Unleashed (Guardians of Eternity, #5)
  • Vampire Most Wanted (Argeneau, #20)
  • Cursed by Fire (Immortal Brothers, #1)
  • Nadine's Champion (Icehome, #7)
  • Megan's Mark (Breeds, #6; Feline Breeds, #5)
See top shelves…
Pamela Palmer is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Feral Warriors shape-shifter series, the Esri Series, and (coming in 2012) the Vamp City series. Raised in an Air Force family, Pamela lived in eleven different houses by the time she was fourteen. The two constants in her life—her family and her imagination. When her initial career goal of captaining starships didn't pan ...more

Feral Warriors (8 books)
  • Obsession Untamed (Feral Warriors, #2)
  • Passion Untamed (Feral Warriors, #3)
  • Rapture Untamed (Feral Warriors, #4)
  • Hunger Untamed (Feral Warriors, #5)
  • Ecstasy Untamed (Feral Warriors, #6)
  • A Love Untamed (Feral Warriors, #7)
  • Wulfe Untamed (Feral Warriors, #8)

News & Interviews