Start by marking “Battle Angel Alita, Volume 05: Angel Of Redemption (Battle Angel Alita)” as Want to Read:
Battle Angel Alita, Volume 05: Angel Of Redemption (Battle Angel Alita)

Battle Angel Alita, Volume 05: Angel Of Redemption

(Battle Angel Alita / Gunnm #5)

"First published in Japan in 1991 by Shueisha Inc., Tokyo"--T.p. verso.
Published September 14th 2004 by VIZ Media LLC (first published May 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Battle Angel Alita, Volume 05, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battle Angel Alita, Volume 05

Gianfranco Mancini

Pinocchio meets Frankenstein in another intense volume introducing a new storyline with dr. Desty Nova, the villain responsible for turning several characters into the major adversaries that Alita faces: Makaku, Jashugan and now Zapan, joined with Alita's former Berserker body.

Themes like lust for knowledge and karma are introduced too, characters gain more development and a beloved one is going to meet his end... for now.

And dr. Nova and his assistants are just a wonderful and hilarious referen
Nick
Feb 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Overall Rating: A
Synopsis: Battle Angel Alita tells the story of an amnesiac female cyborg named Alita. Alita's head and upper torso are found in a state of suspended animation by cybermedic/bounty hunter Daisuke Ido while he is searching for useful scrap. After giving her a new body, Alita begins to learn how to live in the Scrapyard, the home of the poor and out-of-luck, who live in the shadow of the floating city of Tiphares, where the rich live. Although she has no memory, Alita soon realize
Oigres Elessar
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-comic
I'm not liking the "shonen" parts, to be honest. Other than that, it's good.
Vikas
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nbtr
Wow this was just so much more better, wow we finally meet the villain, the mad scientist who was cause of the fighting and sorrow in first two issues and the even the champion what does he do this time well he revives Zapan with the Berserker body and naturally he destroys everything almost everything. Everything was bigger the stakes, the sadness, the action, the blasts everything so much better. Can't wait to read the next 4 issues and then it will be the movie time. IMAX here I come :)

I have
James
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Trouble hits Alita's new family. A new villain is introduced. Lots of dismemberment.
Jbb Lim
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, I didn't know how to rate this volume. I was so struck by the fact that many lives have been taken innocently just because of a revenge. There are many uncertainties and I wonder how it goes on some more.

Then again, it haves me so much feels with so much anxiety. Off to Volume 6!!!
John Collings
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have recently seen trailers for the movie coming out, and I can see that they are going to tell this story chronologically, and at first, I thought this would be a mistake because this first part of the story does not hold the depth that the second part of the story does, and I think the action in the second part is better than the first part. Then I read the fifth installment of this series, and I saw how all of the things that were written before started to come together in this part of the ...more
Ernesto I. Ramirez
While I enjoyed the volumes about motorball I absolutely loved this turn of events for Gally, seeing her happy, turned from a fighter into a singer (even if I thought "Hipster" the moment I saw her with that hat).

But of course... life can't be all nice for Gally and an old enemy would come back to haunt her and destroy all that she had built.
Variaciones Enrojo
Reseña de Víctor A. Sagasti para Mulder Comics:

GUNNM BATTLE ANGEL ALITA: TWO YEAR LATER tomo 5 LOST SHEEP

La entrega anterior de GUNNM BATTLE ANGEL ALITA sirvió para cerrar el ciclo del MOTORBALL. Los giros planteados marcaron pautas para desarrollar un nuevo arco argumental.
En este nuevo número, el guión saltó dos años.
La protagonista GALLY dejó atrás las contiendas; ahora es tecladista en el bar habitual presentado en los primeros números.
Por su parte, el
Rolando Marono
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: seinen-manga
Aunque al principio comenzó un poco flojo, dándole nuevamente, un giro a la trama y al género de la historia; mientras el maestro Kishiro va ensamblando el volumen, los tonos más profundos de la serie, que permanecían ocultos, comienzan a surgir, urdiendo una historia mucho más emotiva de lo que se percibía en el primer volumen, eso y más, convierten este volumen en mi favorito hasta ahora.
La historia tiene un salto temporal de dos años. Las cosas comienzan a relajarse en la vida de Gally, ahora
Nicholas Driscoll
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Rocky Sunico
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, manga
Wow, I was not expecting this comic to turn out so crazy - but in a totally good way! It was a little difficult for me to accept the initial premise of the volume that had Alita now as some sort of a musician after all of her adventures thus far, but of course she has to get dragged back into the action due to her sense of obligation to those she cares for. And while what we had was a souped up older antagonist in this volume, the resulting battle was amazing both in terms of creativity and visu ...more
Gustavo
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, manga, seinen
Este tomo es muy muy trágico, y pensando un poco, creo que eso fue lo que me atrajo de Gunnm en su momento, lo crudas que son las historias, y lo bien que encajan en este mundo post apocalíptico. Creo que ya dije esto en otra reseña, pero en la historia de Zapan es en donde mejor se ve hasta ahora.

Otra cosa que es impresionante en este tomo es la evolución del dibujo de Kishiro, si bien desde el principio es excelente, en este tomo se nota ya una marcada evolución.
JJ
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alita's past comes back to savage her life and her world in a devastating way. Amazing character designs and action sequences, plus some heroic and heartbreaking passages, make for a thoroughly engaging and deeply entertaining read. Gorgeous artwork. The series continues to impress and delight.
XO
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nice
Eli Johnson
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perhaps my favorite installment in the series. Nothing amps up epicness like Biblical allusions and music.
Kris
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Story jolted ahead and broke the flow of the previous volumes.
Morgan
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I mean, it's pretty clear Kishiro was making this up as he went along.
Tomas
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alita is back!
Dagmar Sola
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Ha sido... bueno, interesante, se han dado un par de vueltas más a la psique de Gally, lo cual siempre está bien.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Another good volume.
Tom
Oct 09, 2018 rated it liked it
tl;dr Another volume of Alita having to play babysitter and clean up other peoples' messes because everything is her fault somehow or another.
Michael Poley
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kishiro's cyberpunk is broody, but it's also deeply weird. I love it, but it's messy and hard to recommend reading past volume 2.
Tami Staton
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's hard being a cyber angel battling a strong desire for peace and a need to enforce justice.
Brian
Another of my favourite manga series that initially got me interested in Japanese manga and anime, Battle Angel Alita is another classic Japanese manga from the early 1990s.

This series tells the story of an amnesiac female cyborg named Alita, whose head and upper torso are found in a state of suspended animation by cybermedic/bounty hunter Daisuke Ido while he is searching for useful scrap, and follows her as she recovers her past.

Having retired from the motorball circuit Alita returns to live w
Ryan Viergutz
Jun 22, 2012 marked it as science-fiction
Man, this volume absolutely ruled. I'm reading the books out of order but it hardly matters when they're this incredibly good. A villain from Alita's past destroyed the places she called home, another mad scientist appears to have killed her mentor (but he'll resurrect him, wtf?) and the final battle has a vicious parallel to the way that Doc Ido found Alita those years ago.

Reading this volume I can tell why this series is so well known. I adored it.
Aurelio Ippandoza
Mar 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5/5 stars
  • Blame!, Vol. 4
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 10 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #10)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 6
  • Blade of the Immortal, Volume 5: On Silent Wings II

Battle Angel Alita / Gunnm (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Battle Angel Alita
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 02: Tears of an Angel
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 03: Killing Angel
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 04: Angel of Victory
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 06: Angel Of Death (Battle Angel Alita)
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 07: Angel Of Chaos (Battle Angel Alita)
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 08: Fallen Angel (Battle Angel Alita)
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 09: Angel's Ascension
  • Gunnm, tome 1 à 9 (Gunnm Complete)
  • Alita (serie - 18 volumi)