Start by marking “101 Ways to Reach Your Community” as Want to Read:
101 Ways to Reach Your Community

101 Ways to Reach Your Community

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Discover 101 simple, effective ways your church or small group can demonstrate the love of God to your community. Be encouraged to discover new ways to reach out to those in need. The activities in this book can be used during outreach events, missions activities, and evangelism.
Published January 10th 2001 by NavPress Publishing Group (first published December 27th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about 101 Ways to Reach Your Community, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 101 Ways to Reach Your Community

Rick Cramer
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I love the creativity and passion to reach souls for Christ.

This book is a little dated (floppy disk giveaway...hehehe) but is timeless when it comes to challenging you to think creatively about evangelism.
James
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it
An idea book for community outreach. Sjogren calls this 'servant evangelism' and he shares a number of ideas ranging from feeding parking meters to block parties.

Published in 2000 there are several ideas that are dated (floppy disks and phone cards). There are also some editorial lapses in the formatting. Mostly Sjogren points to how to parlay acts of service into evangelism or inviting people to your church.

This is a good book for pulling small groups out of their comfort zone for projects, b
Brian
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
we use this little volume with our small groups to give them ideas and instruction on how to love their community as a small group. We try to make our groups about more than just Bible study, but evangelism as well
Michael Mack
I use this as a reference guide often, both in my ministry and as I write about sharing our faith with others others, especially in small groups. There are some great ideas here for small groups to utilize.
Rachael Eggebeen
Sep 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Overall, some great ideas for a church to reach out to their neighborhood. Some will not work in Tucson as they deal with snow (I am very happy about that!), but overall some great ideas for service projects for my youth group.
Jonathan Woodward
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
LOTS of great ideas to reach out to people. Some might be outdated, but could be used just the same in a different format. Still, a great resource for reaching people in practical ways.
Amy
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many ideas -- servant evangelism -- great!
Margarita
Oct 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
if you want to reach out to your community in a practical way, this is the book to read and follow it's suggestions..you CANNOT go wrong..many great ways to show the love of Jesus in practical ways.
Courtney
Feb 15, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, christian
Sjogren has put together a wonderful collection of ideas for serving your community. The book also focuses on serving with no agenda and no strings attached.
Penny
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book for ideas on how to approach your community as an out reach for Christ or your Church. My church in FL used many of these very succesfully. Highly recommend this book.
Jeffrey B Palmberg