Start by marking “See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2)” as Want to Read:
See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2)

See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team #2)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  21,917 Ratings  ·  684 Reviews
This is Jane

A little subdued. A little stubborn. A little tired of going out on blind dates with men who drive vans with sofas in the back, Jane Alcott is living the Single Girl existence in the big city. She is also leading a double life. By day, she's a reporter covering the raucous Seattle Chinooks hockey team—especially their notorious goalie Luc Martineau. By night,
Mass Market Paperback, 363 pages
Published January 28th 2003 by Avon (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about See Jane Score, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about See Jane Score

Auntee
Apr 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of sports romances
I absolutely loved this book! Why? First, it's a sports romance (my favorite). Second, the snappy writing. Funny, super sexy, with plenty of sharp, witty dialogue and plenty of sparring between the H/h, superstar hockey goalie Luc Martineau and the reporter assigned to cover his team, "natural" girl Jane Alcott. Fantastic sexual tension in this one. And third (and most important), the characters. Unlike the first book in this series (Simply Irresistible) I had no issues with the hero and heroine ...more
María Ángeles
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!! Qué genial que es este libro!!!! 4,5 estrellas para la pareja más realista, emocionalmente hablando, que he leído últimamente.
Me ha encantado Jane, he empatizado muchísimo con ella. ¿Que hay que crear un caparazón alrededor de ti para no sufrir? Pues se crea. ¿Que hay que echarle cara al asunto para no aparentar estar destruida? Pues se echa. Muy bien Jane.
Y Luc también me ha encantado. Aunque al principio se denota en él un poco de chulería propia de un deportista de élite, con pasta, co
Dija
Funny, touching, romantic, and interesting all at once, I loved this story! It was absolutely perfect for the mood I was in. My first read by RG and I can't wait to read more.

A few things I loved about See Jane Score:

1. The heroine isn't TSTL at all! She's professional, mature, and sweet. I loved Jane.
2. The hero is absolutely swoon-worthy, but not overly cliched.
3. The relationship between Jane and Luc develops naturally and realistically.
4. No over-the-top drama in here. Thank God.
5. Well-d
KarenH
Being sucked into that literary vortex of all things dramatic, melancholy and depressing for quite some time now, I needed to put aside the Virgin Riverites and Regency rakes & rogues and read something uplifting. She picks! She scores! lol I LOVED this book! The hero is Luc Martineau, a Canadian hottie who plays professional hockey for the Seattle Chinooks. He is drop-dead gorgeous with a lean, athletic body and a killer tattoo that begins at the base of his hoohaa and peeks out from the to ...more
Sophie ♥
Here's the full review

I REALLY enjoyed this - I still have a soft spot for Rachel Gibson after all. Her Chinooks series is amongst some of my favourtie contemporary romances and as an added bonus, I happen to love sport. Gibson's combination of light humour, endearing heroines and reformed asshole heros makes her books the perfect little light reads (plus she doesn't overdo the steam and profane language is kept to a minimum - thank god I do dislike erotica).

Jane happens to be the shy sort which
Juliana Philippa
Absolutely wonderful! Bad-boy hockey player falls for "plain Jane" journalist (4.5 stars)

When I first read See Jane Score, I thought it was absolutely amazing and would have given it way more than five stars if I could have. I first read it from the library and immediately got it online afterwards, since I knew this would be a (multiple) future reread for me. I have already reread it once so far and although the second time, my rating went down to 4.5 stars, it is still definitely one of my favo
Didi
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I've read by Rachel Gibson and I really liked it! I liked it more than the first one in this series but both are excellent.
I loved Luc and his uncomplicated life that was made complicated by Jane, a woman unlike any female Luc had dated. While at first she was a nuisance, he couldn't stop noticing her. And then eventually against his better judgement, didn't want to stop.

Jane was a very relatable character. She wasn't the 'barbie' style Luc often gravitated towards but da
Alba Turunen
Un 4'5. El libro me ha gustado mucho, muchísimo. Al igual que el primer libro de la serie, me ha enganchado un montón, no me ha costado nada hacerme con la prosa de Rachel Gibson.

Quizás éste libro tiene una historia más bien tópica, el típico deportista cachas que está buenísimo, y la protagonista que es una periodista listilla, con pocas experiencias positivas en lo que a hombres se refiere. La trama empieza cuando a Jane le ofrecen que sea la reportera del equipo de hockey de los Chinooks y ti
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: need a comfort read?
Recommended to Michelle by: ME! I'm just that good!
Re-read, again, 12/12/2015

Ending = 5 Stars
Worth the Chili = 5 Stars -- [$3.79 on Amazon]
Smexy [HEAT] Rating = Moderate
384 pages

Original rating was 5 Stars. After a re-read, not sure I'd give it 5 Stars, but it remains one of my favorites at 3.5 Stars. I just love this author.
Yolanda
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
me encantan las series de deportistas, este libro me ha encantado muchisisisismo Jane es genial y Luc... YISUSCRAIST Luc.. chicas ahora entiendo lo de la herradura... es LA HERRADURA
Lyuda
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it

Cute, light and entertaining story. It helped me get over my reading stump for which I'm very grateful. But I also recently re-read some of the Chicago Stars stories by Susan Elizabeth Phillips and my rating of this book is probably affected by comparison.

The storyline is fairly predictable:

Jane Alcott, tough and smart Seattle Times reporter with a horrible sense of style, is assigned to cover the Seattle Chinooks Hockey team. The team is not happy to have a woman reporter following them. Jane'
Lyndi
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: heroine-ruins-it
This was kinda 'blah' for me.

I finished this book last night and while I remember most of what happened, nothing positive sticks out.

I didn't like the way Jane treated herself. Her low self-esteem was bad enough, but to then be in denial about it is just shitty icing on a crap cake.
I didn't like how the team treated Jane.
I didn't like the way Luc treated Jane.
I didn't like the way Luc treated Marie.
I didn't like how Jane wouldn't take any chances with Caroline.
I didn't like the way Jane treated
valee
Oct 20, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-romance
Okay, not sure what to write about this series. I'm liking it so far, but far from getting obsessed with it. The book was fine but I feel like something very important in the story is missing. It feels like watching those cheesy movies you know what will happen from the beginning. I like the books in this series, but I'll never be crazy about them. It's weird because at some parts it feels like the story is gonna get much better but it never does. You just read this book if you wanna have a nice ...more
Tuba Sayed
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Our male protagonist didn't have John and Mark charm (seriously though, Mark is bae. Heart eyes.) And our female protagonist was kinda okay, but I did like this book.
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
I first read this read ago and I've re-read it a few times over the years. This is the first time I listen to this on audio though and I was happy to be able to enjoy a story of one of my favorite authors again. Especially since this is my favorite series of hers. I'm such a sucker for books about hockey players and the reason for all that is this series right here. Hockey players are hot, and nobody writes them hotter than Mrs. Gibson!

As a reporter, Jane's next job is to cover the Chinooks hock
jenjn79
Nikki
Sep 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ice hockey fans; sports romance lovers
4 stars.

The hockey action was great; the storyline not overly original but not bad. While I really liked the H/h as individuals, I just felt that I couldn't fully connect with them and was dubious as to how they connected together.

Jane Alcott started off as a wallflower reporter who found herself attracted and falling for Luc Martineau, the Seattle Chinooks' goalie. Their interactions started off cold and iffy but the gradual mutual attraction came through and they found themselves liking (and l
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Audio version narrated by Kathleen Early.

An old favorite in print is now a new favorite in audio!
Jacob Proffitt
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, audible, steamy
While the second in a series, there isn't really anything linking this to the first beyond the team. And anything you learn about the players in the first is reiterated here (and not boringly, I might add).

I enjoyed this story, though I can't help feeling like the parts shouldn't have added up to as much fun as I had. The plot was predictable as were the characters so really, this is made engaging by the pacing and Gibson's skill in presenting the expected well and with enough heart for me to ca
Jan130
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, sports
I haven't really got much to add to all the reviews of this great little book. It's a fairly quick read and it's a while since I read a really good book so I've gone down the reread path today. Had some reading time today and reread the whole thing. And I enjoyed it all over again.

It's a really well-written and laugh-out-loud story. Yes, really laugh-out-loud. It's genuinely clever and funny. Luc Martineau the hot Canadian hockey goalie and Jane the reluctant sports reporter dislike each other
Katie(babs)
May 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Rachel Gibson writes the cutest stories and See Jane Score has just been added to the list. Luc, professional hockey goaley is her typical "jerk" at the beginning of the book, but by meeting the heroine Jane, he quickly changes into a more sensitive loving guy. Jane is a true original who wears total black because she has no fashion sense, has no chest (think AA) to speak of and writes a secret column called Honey Pie who puts men into comas through her sexual antics. Jane would love to be Honey ...more
Viviana Giorgi
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mi è piaciuto un sacco. Più il protagonista maschile, Luc (ormai uno dei miei preferiti), che lei, Jane.
Ma ciò è molto comune nel romance, perché descrivere grandi personaggi maschili è molto più facile.
E poi adoro l'hockey e la Gibson sa anche parlare di sport senza mai eccedere. È una grande serie, questa dei Seattle CHinook, la consiglio assolutamente (anche perché i primi due sono già stati tradotti in italiano, quindi è accessibile anche a chi non legge in VO). Non do 5 stelle, ma solo 4
Hollie
cute although predictable sports romance

This made for a sweet, light romantic read. I never really fell in love with the characters or storyline by it was still pleasant if you are looking for a simple, easy read. This would make a good beach read.
Splage
This is a reread for me and since it was game 7 of the NHL finals tonight I thought I needed a hockey book. Cute story, not as good as I remembered, but still very good, sexy sports read. Highly recommend the series for those arrogant sports heroes that I love.
Nadia
Cute and fluffy and exactly what I was expecting. And way better than the prequel.
Toni Aleo
Aug 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
okay so this one had a hot hockey player that said 'aboot' instead of 'about' I was in heaven, on the third one...
3 1/2 stars
I really wish I could give this book a higher rating. It was a cute and fun read. Jane and Luc were both likable characters with plenty of chemistry. The storyline was good and the plot moved right along.

So, why didn't I rate the book higher? For three inaccuracies that drove me crazy.

1. San Jose has never had and arena named Compac Center--it was the Compaq Center (now named the HP Pavilion). I'll give this one up to a typo, but really, this should have been caught by and editor.

2. T
J
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
See Jane Score is just what a romantic novel should be. Wonderful characters, great writing, a little angst but mostly a story about two people finding each other and falling in love. He just happens to be a professional hockey player and she is a writer roped into covering the hockey team and they slowly build a great relationship. I could read thousands of books like this and be a happy person.
Belenchu_lc
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mezcla perfecta de amor/odio en la relación y de adorabilidad/rudeza por parte del protagonista!
  • Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2)
  • Body Check (New York Blades, #1)
  • Slow Heat (Pacific Heat, #2)
  • Curveball (Richmond Rogues, #2)
  • Hard and Fast (Fast Track, #2)
  • Hot Number (Hot Zone #2)
  • Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3)
Rachel was born in Boise, Idaho, USA. Her father worked for a telephone company, and her mother was a housewife. Idaho has the largest population of Basques outside of the Basque lands of Spain. She grew up with kids with last names like Uberuaga, Berriochoa, and Egisquiza, but years later she discovered the rest of the country didn't really know much about the Basque culture or history.

Rachel's
More about Rachel Gibson...

Chinooks Hockey Team (6 books)
  • Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team, #1)
  • The Trouble With Valentine's Day (Chinooks Hockey Team, #3)
  • True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team, #4)
  • Nothing But Trouble (Chinooks Hockey Team, #5)
  • Any Man of Mine (Chinooks Hockey Team, #6)

“Because sometimes in life Ken doesn't always choose Barbie.” 218 likes
“You make me want to suck a bruise on you just to kiss it better.
--Luc to Jane--”