Start by marking “Miranda's Viking (Shayne's Supernaturals, #3)” as Want to Read:
Miranda's Viking (Shayne's Supernaturals, #3)

Miranda's Viking

(Shayne's Supernaturals #3)

Reeducating Rolf

A Viking warrior was sitting in scientist Miranda O'Shea's living room, learning English and marveling over light bulbs. Yesterday Rolf Magnusson had been frozen solid, his body perfectly preserved in a glacial cave, where she'd discovered him. Today, all six feet seven inches of him was hot to the touch - except, unfortunately, for his heart, which remaine

Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Intimate Moments #568, Spellbound #2, 256 pages
Published March 25th 1994 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about Miranda's Viking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miranda's Viking

Saly
I enjoyed Miranda's Viking, it was pretty different, about a Viking hero coming back to life due to the efforts of some archaeologists. It was fun seeing the hero being suspicious at first of the heroine thinking she was someone from the past who had betrayed him and had him banished. He very quickly learns the language and is hidden by Miranda who doesn't want him to turn into a guinea pig. Miranda had a father who didn't like emotion much so she hid it and her bad experience with one man had h ...more
Christine Ashworth
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced, with a delicious hero and a down-to-earth heroine, MIRANDA'S VIKING was such a delightful read, that I kept sneaking in pages while I was at work. I didn't have the pleasure of reading it the first time around, so was very pleased when Maggie Shayne decided to re-release the book. With believable scientific detail and fabulous scenery, I enjoyed every twist to this plot and I really appreciated how they got the bad guy in the end. Bravo Ms. Shane!
Laura Lee Nutt
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: romance fans
Recommended to Laura Lee by: Jessi Gage
Shelves: romance
Miranda’s Viking is a lovely tale that crosses time, cultures, and space. Shayne did an excellent job of immediately grabbing my attention, and I was on the edge of my seat all the way through the prologue and at most other parts of this book. It was difficult to put down, and I confess, I shunned other things that needed doing to read it.

Rolf, Plague of the North and the Viking found frozen in a cave and who miraculously survives the nine-hundred years from his time to ours, is a great hero. He
Megan
Sep 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Early PNR fans and Maggie Shayne fans
I can’t believe I overlooked this book when I was trying to add all my books to GoodReads.

This is by my favorite author and is still one of my favorites. This is borderline PNR . There is no time-travel (as one might suspect with this title), but the Viking hero, Rolf Magnusson, was frozen in ice in his time and thawed out (in more ways than one) by Miranda O’Shea in present day. Miranda teaches Rolf English and the many modern conveniences of today, which leads itself to many humorous moments.
Janet Juengling-Snell
This is my first time reading anything by Maggie Shayne. I decided to give it a try because I hadn’t read anything like the preview had described. A group of archaeologists find a frozen 900 year old Viking hero and he then comes back to life after a series of mishaps. Sounds interesting… And it was. It had everything, action, adventure, mystery and romance. It was fast pace and fun. Watching Professor Miranda O’Shea teaches Rolf Magnusson, our Viking hero, to speak English and adapt to our worl ...more
Amelia Elizabeth
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is by far one of my favorite books. I just re-read it again this weekend. I can't really tell you why I like it so much, but I keep coming back to read it again. One of the things I do really like about the book is the development of Rolf's English. Maggie Shayne did a good job of showing his progression of learning from simple phrases to longer sentences and from broken English to pretty near perfect.
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very good book....could't put it down!
Kai Gutierrez
Jun 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I love it! Especially the part when Miranda overcame her fears because of an ice man turned hunk..haha! I'm ahuge Maggie Shayne fan.
Kip Etavi
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Light romance with fun characters that was enjoyable quick read.
Michelle Drake
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I've read of maggies and wow what an awesome read, I've now downloaded some of her other books and hope they are as good as this one :)
Trisha
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked this book alot. Maggie does a great job of making Rolf realistic. I like the storyline because its different and you don't see a ton of stories like this one. Very original!
Raine
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, with Maggie Shayne's books you never know what you are going to get other than quality and a great story. But what else matters?
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, sci-fi
I have this book in the original paperback and recently craved yet another read but didn't feel like going through my stash to find it, so took a chance and typed it in on Amazon. Lo and behold, it's out for Kindle! Yay! Miranda is a much-degreed professor working with her father, a cold and unfeeling parent if there ever was one. While working with him on his life's work, researching the travels of an ancient Viking, they find more than they ever dreamed - the corpse of the man himself, frozen ...more
Theresa
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Exactly what I was looking for in a ‘frozen in ice love story. It didn't just start in an ice cave and leave never to return, but the whole story revolved around the frozen hibernation as Rolf learned to adjust in his new world. There was lots of good, authentic historical info about the Vikings also.

The main plot wasn't very original, but the details, characters and situations were so interesting it didn't matter. Then when the action returned to the arctic cave system I was drawn i
JAC, Loner, Loser and Complicated Mess
I loved this book. It's one of my all time favourites. Miranda is an archeologist that discovers the body of a perfectly preserved Viking warrior in a deep cave in Greenland. She brings him back to her lab in the States to study but there are others who want the Viking for themselves. When Miranda foils an attempt to steal the ice man she discovers that the freezer she is keeping him in is damaged and the Viking is now thawed out and not too happy.
Now despite some very unlikely and unrealistic e
Patricia
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found it a very enjoyable read. I wanted to be an archaeologist once (still do, deep down), so I found myself connecting with Miranda's character; the thrill she feels when learning about, and discovering, old cultures. I also love the little bits of Old Norse language and history weaved into the story. I was learning a bit of Old Norse, while the character Rolf is learning English. It was like the movie Encino Man, but with a gorgeous Viking, and a much better teacher for the newly resurrecte ...more
LJ
Miranda's Viking - G
Shayne, Maggie - SIM 568

A Viking warrior was sitting in scientist Miranda O'Shea's living room, learning English and marveling over light bulbs. Yesterday Rolf Magnusson had been frozen solid, his body perfectly preserved in a glacial cave, where she'd discovered him. Today, all six feet seven inches of him was hot to the touch --- except, unfortunately, for his heart, which remained as ice-cold as he'd been for nine hundred years.

Miranda couldn't just hand him over to scienc
Amber
Jun 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I've gotta be honest, if anybody but Shayne had written this I wouldn't have liked it nearly as well. There are just plot points and tropes that usually make me roll my eyes in here and...somehow she made me okay with it. Mostly. There was at least one eye roll. But she has this knack for making me really like her characters and always has. Even though I figured out the bad guy pretty quick I just *liked* this story. Recommend.
Savanna
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a well written romance book! It was basically the plot to Encino Man, but instead of Brendan Fraser being a dumb caveman, he was an intelligent Viking with the language skills of Daryl Hannah, the mermaid.

There could have been a bit more steaminess to the romantic passages, but it'll do, pig.
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: time travel lovers, romance lovers
Recommended to Mary by: found it on my own
Shelves: romance, sci-fi
A frozen ancient body, a robbery, and gauge for the freezer in which the body lays somehow gets broken. What is an ancient body to do but thaw? While some may scoff at the ease with which the Viking learns languages, I know someone who does this very thing, and almost this fast so I didn't even have to suspend disbelief. I've seen it.
Peggy
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finised-books
Wow what a great story this was I loved it so heart touching.
Funny at times but still the love of Miranda and Rolf her Viking is truly wonderful he taught her to be free to love to let go of her fears but most of all he loved her I think from the start he loved her.
Another great one from the great author.
Maggie Shayne dose it again with a great book.
Elizabeth
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How'd I miss this one?

One again I found another one of Maggie's books that I missed reading. And I am soi glad I found it. The tale of Miranda drew me in and had me believing Vikings could come to life.
Ruth
Sep 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommended to Ruth by: Megan
Shelves: romance-series
good. cute fun read. a couple times I wanted to smack both of them upside their heads - but then the story would not have been the same.
Holly Bargo
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Ms. Shayne makes the improbable probable in this book, without descending into farce. The content is well written and cleanly edited, a major plus.
Intertextuelle
Mar 30, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Le titre est plutôt trompeur : il s'agit d'un Harlequin et non pas de la SF. J'ai bien ri tellement c'était cliché, mais je n'y ai pas vu d'autre intérêt.
Angelique Early
Beth
Oct 18, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Moonglow
  • The Reluctant Viking (Viking I, #1)
  • The Last Cavalier
  • Everlastin' (Everlastin', #1)
  • Strangers In The Night (Wings in the Night, #4)
  • Bewitched
  • Veils of Time (MacLeod, #2.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #5.5)
  • A Hoboken Hipster in Sherwood Forest
  • The Viking Wants Forever
  • Highland Fling (Perfect Timing #2)
  • Highland Rebel (Highland Dream, #5)
  • My Timeswept Heart (Blackwells, #1)
  • Viking's Prize
  • Awaken, My Love
  • Edin's Embrace
  • Wings of the Storm
  • The Pleasure Master
  • The Enchantment
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more

Shayne's Supernaturals (7 books)
  • Forgotten (Shattered Sisters, #2)
  • Magic by Moonlight (Shayne's Supernaturals, #2)
  • Everything She Does Is Magick (Shayne's Supernaturals, #4)
  • Out-of-This-World Marriage
  • Witch Moon (Shayne's Supernaturals, #6)
  • Zombies! A Love Story (Shayne's Supernaturals, #7)