Start by marking “Electric Jesus Corpse” as Want to Read:
Electric Jesus Corpse

Electric Jesus Corpse

The twisted and surreal version of the story of Jesus Christ set in a bizarre version of modern day Earth that has been ravaged by war and cannibal zombie plagues, where the landscape is slowly mutating into meat and human flesh is transforming into machine. The novel follows Christ's twelve apostles. However, in this world the apostles are pimps, necrophiliacs, skinheads, ...more
Published August 20th 2002 by Eraserhead Press

To ask other readers questions about Electric Jesus Corpse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Electric Jesus Corpse

The Night Circus by Erin MorgensternThe Outsiders by S.E. HintonThe Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse by Robert RankinDead Bitch Army by Andre DuzaBrave New World by Aldous Huxley
There Ought to be a Band
2,237 books — 1,119 voters
John Dies at the End by David  WongVacation by Jeremy C. ShippThe Cannibals of Candyland by Carlton Mellick IIIHELP!  A Bear is Eating Me! by Mykle HansenApeshit by Carlton Mellick III
Bizarro
313 books — 238 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Electric Jesus Corpse
Dan
Aug 29, 2008 rated it did not like it
The apparent inability to rate this book as a -5 is frustrating.
Slap Happy
Apr 15, 2011 rated it did not like it
Electric Jesus Corpse felt like it was written "off the cuff"... you know, with spontaneity and without much thought.
Christy Stewart
Perhaps a little too wanna-shock-u and vague-of-plot to come of as genuine but still a solid piece for interesting characters and universe.
Paulreynv
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this book was so fucking fun to read. i loved it! I'm no authority on writing or literature, but i like to read and this book changed the way i thought about writing and how stories can be told.
Caitlin
Feb 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I don't know if I can properly review this, aside from saying I couldn't actually finish it. I had gone in expecting a satire on religion and society, and instead ended up with a jumble of a story that I couldn't really follow. It dealt highly with a lot of sexual violence that was brushed off as no one would care, which I didn't see the point of in the story.

I may have just been in the wrong headspace for this. It may get better, become the black humour and satire I was hoping for. One day, I
Robin
Sep 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
This book isn't quite as good as Satan Burger but I liked it a lot.

The story never falters from beginning to end. That said, the implementation seems to wonder more towards the end, and I think the first two-thirds of the book or so far outshine the latter third, but that doesn't make finishing the anti-novel any less satisfying.

Just don't lose your bookmark, there's no page numbers.
Em
Mar 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
It took me a minute to get into this book, but once I did, I was hooked. It's a totally twististed and chaotic story of Christ with a rather peaceful ending that left me satisfied. I reccomend this book, especially a bizzaro virgin.
Bradley
Aug 08, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: from-library
Read Mellick's later books. He's awesome. This is an early work. Read it because I am a completist/saw it in the library.
Michael Stockinger
Jan 15, 2012 rated it did not like it
Unreadable.
Occuntist
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
It has Jesus with vodka in it. At least that's worth something.
Evita L'Nae
Jan 22, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: don-t-recommend
Worst book ever.
Jamie
Dec 24, 2008 rated it did not like it
By far one of the worse books I started to read.
Matt Fernandez
Aug 02, 2015
Al Mamun
Oct 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Rogue World (Undying Mercenaries, #7)
Carlton Mellick III (July 2, 1977, Phoenix, Arizona) is an American author currently residing in Portland, Oregon. He calls his style of writing "avant-punk," and is currently one of the leading authors in the recent 'Bizarro' movement in underground literature[citation needed] with Steve Aylett, Chris Genoa and D. Harlan Wilson.

Mellick's work has been described as a combination of trashy schlock