Start by marking “The Coffin (Nightmare Hall, #19)” as Want to Read:
The Coffin (Nightmare Hall, #19)

The Coffin

(Nightmare Hall #19)

Finding herself locked in a soundproof room by a madman, coed Tanner tries every means of freeing herself, causing her terrifying captor to lock her in a coffin-shaped box that offers a slim chance for escape--or eternal imprisonment.
Published January 1st 1995 by Point

To ask other readers questions about The Coffin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Coffin

JESSICA
This book was frickin awesome. but it frightened me. Lol. It remind me of my younger days (reading R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike) This book was fast-paced and on the edge of your sit suspense. What happens when Tanner's strict professor father leaves for vacation?? Room to breath... But before she can enjoy herself - there is someone lurking, watching and waiting to pounce.. The only negative I will say, couldn't stand "Sandy!" She was suppose to be a best friend (yeah right!) If I was Tanner, ...more
b.andherbooks
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this series when I was a teen. Scary, with ridiculous premises, and just enough kissing to keep me interested. Right up there with the Fear Street books by R.L. Stine. I'm so sad because I think my mother gave my collection away :(
Vicki
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Good read and fairly creepy.
Tanesha
What awful friends Tanner has with the exception of Jodie and Charlie. Close friend suddenly disappears out of the blue leaving behind a suspicious note? No biggie, we don’t need to contact police. Another friend who was highly suspicious about the first friend’s disappearance is deliberately run down by a vehicle? It’s just a coincidence, stop being paranoid no need to worry. A third friend suddenly disappears while investigating first friend’s disappearance? She’ll turn up just wait and see.

I
Paula Brandon
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Probably my favourite book in my favourite 90s YA series! Suspenseful and claustrophobic, this builds to a genuinely gripping, heart-pounding climax! Diane Hoh never put out a dud thriller in my opinion, and this is one of her best.
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
Nightmare Hall was a series for 'young adults' and I read this when I was one. This book is set in college, but as far as sex scenes or swearing go, the series was actually pretty light and safe for the so-called 'young adults' to read.

This wasn't one of the better ones of the few I read. Tanner is locked in a room and then put in a coffin by a crazy man and she doesn't know why, but it is eventually revealed. However, the revelation isn't very good, because Tanner was being punished for somethi
Elizabeth Hubble
Mar 10, 2016 rated it liked it
The only thing I didn't like about this book is the fact that everyone was still friends with Sandy at the end. (view spoiler)
Jessie Wilkens
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
I remember this one being one of my favorites from the series as a kid. But reading it as an adult, it is ridiculous and the protagonist very irritating. Made me want to lock her in a box too.
carla clifton
Jun 08, 2011
midnightfaerie
Aug 20, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Diane Hoh is the author of fifty-seven novels for young adults. She grew up in Warren, Pennsylvania but currently resides in Austin, Texas. Reading and writing are her favorite things, also gardening and grandchildren.

Nightmare Hall (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • The Silent Scream (Nightmare Hall, #1)
  • The Roommate (Nightmare Hall, #2)
  • Deadly Attraction (Nightmare Hall, #3)
  • The Wish (Nightmare Hall, #4)
  • The Scream Team (Nightmare Hall, #5)
  • Guilty (Nightmare Hall, #6)
  • Pretty Please (Nightmare Hall, #7)
  • The Experiment (Nightmare Hall, #8)
  • The Night Walker (Nightmare Hall, #9)
  • Sorority Sister (Nightmare Hall, #10)