Start by marking “Style Evolution: How to Create Ageless Personal Style in Your 40s and Beyond” as Want to Read:
Style Evolution: How to Create Ageless Personal Style in Your 40s and Beyond

Style Evolution: How to Create Ageless Personal Style in Your 40s and Beyond

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  74 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
The author of the successful The Pocket Stylist follows up with a book that addresses the specific fashion needs of the over-forty crowd

Even though women in their forties, fifties, sixties, and beyond have never looked better, healthier, or younger, their fashion needs have changed. Unless you have the body and lifestyle of an eighteen-year-old, shopping probably isn’t mu
Published April 7th 2009 by Gotham

To ask other readers questions about Style Evolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Style Evolution

Toni
Apr 26, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fashion, style
Even though I leave the house everyday in a sort of uniform for work, I still read everything I can about fashion and style. And being in my early 40's, I was interested in learning what I should be doing differently. The book did a great job of showing what age appropriate styles work and even how to incorporate passing trends into your wardrobe. The only thing I didn't care for was the emphasis on weight. Although examples for every body type are included, it was kind of assumed that everyone ...more
Nancy
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
While I don't agree with everything Kendall Farr espouses in her latest book, (neither black nor pearls are favorites of mine, as they are for Farr), there are many helpful ideas for creating a youthful look while steering away from looks that are too young for a woman over 40. This book inspired me to purge some doubtful garments from my wardrobe, and increased my confidence in the choices available to me. A drawback is that certain garments recommended specifically by style & brand, availa ...more
Kerry
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this book pretty well as it was more focused on women my age (40) but wasn't patronizing. I found several good ideas in the book. I read it after I'd read her first book and this was much better. Still, I was surprised to find no mention of Theory, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Vince, Diane von Furstenberg, or Paul Green - all current brands for this age group.
Janis
Dec 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, self-help
Written by a professional stylist, this book goes over a LOT of info--but only has a scattering of drawings as illustrations--lots and lots of photos are needed!

Also, the book seems to think all over-40 women are overweight--it constantly discusses ways to look thinner. It's pretty depressing.

So, the info is good, but the book is lacking.
Thomasin
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Four stars when compared to other fashion books. Good advice on finding a good fit (measure yourself properly!) and having appropriate foundation garments. Ideas of good places to make purchases. Styles for certain body types. Only wish there were more pics.
Sara
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really do find myself turning to this book and this author again and again for sensible fashion advice. And, I get a lot of compliments on my wardrobe since I started trying to think like Kendall when looking at my closet and at the dress store. Works for me!
Irene McHugh
Mar 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: style-guide
This book was incredibly disappointing. I felt like all of the advice she gave out, I'd already read in her first book The Pocket Stylist. I'm glad I checked this book out at the library and didn't purchase it.
Elizabeth (Betsy)
Jul 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Lots of repetition with Pocket Stylist but still useful.
Natalie
Apr 06, 2010 rated it liked it
I thought this had helpful detailed advice.
Maura