Start by marking “Messages from the Masters : Tapping into the Power of Love” as Want to Read:
Messages from the Masters : Tapping into the Power of Love

Messages from the Masters : Tapping into the Power of Love

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  3,299 Ratings  ·  115 Reviews
The true story of a prominent psychiatrist, his young patient, and the past-life therapy that changed both their lives.

Published (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Messages from the Masters , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Messages from the Masters

Owlseyes
NEW EDITION

I've been reading and watching materials on Dolores Cannon [hypnotherapist and regressionist (past-lives regression), it’s been 40 years]. Doctor Weiss results are quite similar to those of Dolores. Yet, she started earlier.
2nd of July 2013

My commentary on Dolores may be seen here:

Doctor Brian Weiss is a psychiatrist. He got his major in Chemistry from Columbia University, and his specialty at the Yale Medical School.

This book is about a trend
Agnes Ross
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I took my time and read this slowly. I hesitated to get this book and to read it. I was afraid the idea of reincarnation and having past lives would make sense to me and that I would believe it! And sure enough, I did and I do!! I hesitate to say this because most people already know I have a mental illness, and that belief makes me seem crazier, flakier, or whatever. The times I've listened to Hollywood stars taught about reincarnation and past lives and thought, "Oh, WHA WOO!" But Brian Weiss ...more
Savitri
I read this after reading Many Lives Many Masters. This book, IMHO, is as good as his first one. I've always been afraid of dieing, esp. a painful death or going to hell, but this book has helped me calm down a bit and realize that it won't be that bad. There's a lot of love and emotions after death and it's just comforting to know that I'll be seeing all the people who's left me and all the people I've left behind one day again.
Miguel
Jul 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: resenha-sqf
(...)
Dos seis livros qua actualmente encontram-se publicados pela Pergaminho de Brian Weiss, este não é, de todo, o seu melhor trabalho, porque para quem já leu um ou dois títulos do autor 'A Divina Sabedoria dos Mestres' torna-se um pouco repetitivo. É sim, um livro propício para o leitor que pretenda ler um primeiro livro deste autor norte-americano, que tem um séquito fiel de admiradores por todo o mundo. Mas Brian Weiss também gera controvérsia; muitos são os críticos que lançam admoestações
Julie
Aug 02, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone who recently lost someone or is interested in the options of afterlife
while you may or may not believe this guy, this book is a very interesting opinion of the afterlife/beforelife. he speaks of clients that he hypnotized to get in touch with their other lives. they see people in other lives that are in their current life. i would recommend it to someone who is open minded about religion & afterlife type stuff.
Michelle
Dec 02, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: metaphysical
Not his best work. It was repetitive, and in some paragraphs quotes were used from other books not written by himself which should have been clarified. For anyone who has not read a lot of books on the metaphysical though, would enjoy it.
suchi
Jul 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A life enhancing and empowering book. Throws light on the intricate subjects like reincarnation, hypnosis, NDE, post death experience, regression activity. The book re-emphasizes the fact that a soul never dies, it just gets liberated from the body and transcends to the next body. Brian has also explained the steps to under go a state of hypnosis. There are many examples cited for the people who have experienced the regression process and have experienced a much better state of heart and mind.
A
Steph Hundt
A friend recommended that I read this book after she had read it during a difficult time in her life. The book talks about the idea of reincarnation and past lives. She said after reading the book that she was sure we had known each other in a past life and I had been her mother, sister, or aunt. I thought that was such a sweet compliment that I had to give this book a shot.
I consider myself to a be a pretty open-minded person but when this book started to give examples of people who had been
Wildcat-Mimi
Mar 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent book.. although i do not claim to be part of any religious sect I do believe that many of the stories felt true to what I believe.
I learned that maybe it is not the religion you are part of, but rather the quality of life and lessons you have learned within your life which directs you down different paths and towards various sets/ if not the same people through your reincarnation.

I really loved this book. My father passed this year and I found comfort in knowing that I will most likel
Amanda
Apr 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
after having read the previous two books by Dr. Brian Weiss i've slowed down with one, but it is still wonderful and does go further into the meat of the true purpose of his experiences as a Psychiatrist working with past life regression... the messeges from in the in between lives states. It's so very affirming.
Susan Burris
Aug 31, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and thought provoking. If you are ardently Christian it may bump against some of your beliefs.
Chelsea Green
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He perfectly walks the line between 'crazy' and 'eye-opening'.
Rachel Mowat
There is no star rating that can really explain how amazing this book is. This man is a true guru, teacher for all of us. I treasure this, and all his books, very dearly.
Jen
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are different levels of learning, and we must learn some of them in the flesh. We must feel the pain. When you're a spirit you feel no pain. It is a period of renewal. Your soul is being renewed. When you're in physical state in the flesh, you can feel pain; you can hurt. In spiritual form you do not feel. There is only happiness, a sense of well-being. But it's a renewal period for... us. The interaction between people in the spiritual form is different. When you are in physical state...
Brad
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brian's first book that I read "Many Lives, Many Masters" was incredible and I highly recommend it. "Many Lives, Many Masters" was a great extension of this book. Many of the same principles were repeated in this book, but he goes into a lot more detail through his continued experience. This is one of those books I had a hard time putting down because I was so eager to learn and read more. Wonderful book for anyone looking to advance in the spiritual journey.
Shazza Jones
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ive read lots of books on this theme,but this is one of the best.
It`s full of stories,meditations and wisdom.I was especially interested
in the past life regression sections,and could proove very comforting to people
who are greiving.
I will read it again and again!
Linda Stelmaszyk
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
First book much better
Ambika Akhoury
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another gem from the wonderful, Dr Brian Weiss. Stories to help you open your mind up to new experiences.
Ricky Niedzalkowski
Rubbish
John
This is Weiss elaborating and interpreting things from the Masters in Many Lives, Many Masters. He does a fine job. But if you are looking for more stuff from "The Masters," I doubt this is a good choice. Some favorite excerpts:

pg 74
In Carole’s family there is a saying that has come down through the years that the greatest sin is to take away someone's neshumah. Translated from the Yiddish, the expression means that it is a sin to take away another's joy, or, more colloquially, to rain on someon
Adrien Caudron
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another enlightening book from Brian Weiss

This book sums up the revelations and spiritual evolutions that Brian Weiss experienced after the events of his first book "many lives/many masters".

In MLMM, Brian Weiss was very doubtful about his own findings and his scientific academic mind was reluctant to admit the possibily of reincarnation and past lifes experiences.

In Messages from the Master, 12 years later, Brian Weiss has totally surrendered to the accumulated evidence and now strongly belie
Sophia
Aug 15, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sophia by: Mom
Messages from the Masters carries an incredibly positive message. A classically trained psychiatrist, Dr. Brian Weiss became awoken to the possibility of past lives through a patient named Catherine. He has since written three other books and has become the guru of New Age past-life regression psychotherapy. The message of this book is simple: we are all divine, immortal, spiritual beings who are always loved, and in fact are love. Such souls go through multiple reincarnations, and between physi ...more
Bhavya
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book was really a transformational experience for me.I remember , I had bought "Only Love is Real" few years back just because I found the title catchy but when I started reading it , I got to know that it's based on past life regression and at that time I didn't want to believe in such things, so I didn't read it further.Now it was out of chance that I found this book in my brothers collection.I am sure he hasn't read it .Someone would have gifted him.But this time it caught my att ...more
Sandro Filipe
It's an interesting book. I read it because I was curious and wanted to know more about Dr. Brian Weiss' perspective of life. In the end, I found out that I still don't know what to think, it's a book really controversial when you're so accostumed to what you have believed in all your life. I might try one of those meditation methods, to see what happens!

trad.: É um livro interessante. Li-o porque estava curioso e queria saber mais sobre a perspectiva do Dr. Brian Weiss da vida. No fim, descobri
Saisudha Acharya
Mar 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not quite sure why I picked it up at the airport, especially because I didn't particularly care that much for Many Lives, Many Masters which I read several years ago. But this book turned out to be interesting because rather than focus on just one patient and her many lives, he talks about important lessons and values and uses his patients as examples of how these values are learned. But mostly, I especially like his final section on meditation and relaxation techniques (which includes a tec ...more
Jody Holden
I love reading books by Briian Weiss and this one was no different. The title of this one was alittle misleading though. There were a few references to the "masters" and their wisdom but most lessons learned appeared to me to be revealed by the subconsious of the person regressing. Maybe Mr. Weiss is intending that each of us is a "master". I had expected more from the masters that he referenced to in his first book Many Masters Many Lives. Still learned some valuable lessons and still very much ...more
Priyanka Bhinde salunkhe
Beautifully written book. Captivates the reader through each level, emphasizing each point to ensure it is properly digested.
It is a must read for people with emotions.
Personally, I am a big Fan of Dr. Brian Weiss work, his content is very much similar to Indian religious teachers across ages, or should I put it, his work validates what our Guru's and masters have been saying and preaching for centuries.

Mie
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always like his books! It's so calming to read because his books are full of genuine Love which is unconditional LOVE.
I particularly enjoyed the words he received from the spirits which appear on the top page of each chapter. It is very enlightening. Everybody is born with certain objectives and everybody experience and learn valuable lessons with own paces in this world so it is nonsense to compare with others.
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful and thought provoking book by Brian Weiss. In summary: Earth is a school for souls in human form. We come back lifetime after lifetime to learn, grow and evolve, many times with the same group of souls, our soul family. We are given many opportunities to learn about love, patience, kindness, compassion, faith, humility, gratitude, and much more. As Dr. Weiss states in his books, "lifetimes are measured not by time, but by lessons learned".
Shikha rawal
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I have come across, Dr. Brian Weiss is impeccable and his knowledge always makes me think and always tells me this one message repetitively in all his books- how important it is to introspect. It's really essential to know thyself. And message of love and compassion, it reiterates the importance of love, forgiveness, charity etc.
and reminds us all that nothing is more important than love.
  • Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives
  • Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon - Survival of Bodily Death
  • The Wheel of Life: A Memoir of Living and Dying
  • Spiritual Partnership: The Journey to Authentic Power
  • Lessons from the Light: What We Can Learn from the Near-Death Experience
  • Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story on Reincarnation (Signet)
  • Crossing Over
  • Unfinished Business: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Life
  • Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born
  • A Guide for the Advanced Soul: A Book of Insight Tag - Hold a Problem in Your Mind
  • The Instruction: Living the Life Your Soul Intended
  • The Woman of Wyrrd
  • Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens
  • Mahavira: The Hero of Nonviolence
  • Between Death & Life: Conversations with a Spirit
  • Come diventare un Buddha in cinque settimane
  • Love, Medicine and Miracles
72099
As a traditional psychotherapist, Dr. Brian Weiss was astonished and skeptical when one of his patients began recalling past-life traumas that seemed to hold the key to her recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks. His skepticism was eroded, however, when she began to channel messages from "the space between lives," which contained remarkable revelations about Dr. Weiss's family and his dead son. ...more
More about Brian L. Weiss...
“Forgive the past. It is over. Learn from it and let go. People are constantly changing and growing. Do not cling to a limited, disconnected, negative image of a person in the past. See that person now. Your relationship is always alive and changing.” 1124 likes
“One of the most important of life´s lessons is to learn independance, to understand freedom. This means independence from attachments, from results, from opinions, and from expectations. Breaking attachments leads to freedom, but breaking attachments does not mean abandoning a loving and meaningful relationship, a relationship that nourrishes your soul. It means ending dependency on any person or thing. Love is never a dependency.” 242 likes