Start by marking “How Successful People Think: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life” as Want to Read:
How Successful People Think: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life

How Successful People Think: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life

(Successful People)

Gather successful people from all walks of life-what would they have in common? The way they think! Now you can think as they do and revolutionize your work and life!

A Wall Street Journal bestseller, HOW SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE THINK is the perfect, compact read for today's fast-paced world. America's leadership expert John C. Maxwell will teach you how to be more creative and
Published June 1st 2009 by Center Street (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about How Successful People Think, please sign up.
Mark Deson Cuñado It is about the different ways of thinking you should have if you want to be successful.

Sylvie
Nov 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
Maxwell is a very good motivator.
However, I am not sure if he has not written this book for people who want to think like Successful People or for MEN who want to think like Successful People.

ONE THING that has really, but really, really bugged me is when he talks about the fact that HE does not have time for the mundane ! Margaret, wonderful, Margaret (that's his wife) takes care of these meaningless things, because Mister's time is WAY too valuable for them !!!

Being a woman, I wonder if that m
Aronkai
Skill 5 – Release the power of strategic thinking
Skill 6 – Feel the energy of p
Word Owl
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
There was nothing really new about this book. Maxwell tends to use flowery language in order to cover his redundancies. Truth is, the content of this book would be better suited to the length of a blog post rather than a book.
Noha El-Shami
Sep 24, 2012 rated it liked it
على صغر حجمه إلا أن المقدمة وحدها استهلكت ما يربو على 13 صفحة .. كتير كتير قوي، احتوى كذلك على تفاصيل كثيرة تحت كل عنوان كتبت بطريقة سرديه دشيه صرف، لدرجة أني مع اقتراب النهاية بدأت اتجاوز الصفحات دون تركيز

من المقاطع التي أعجبتني

"The word impossible is not in my dictionary" Napoleon Bonaparte

إهداء إلى كل مهتم بالأعمال التطوعية

"Everywhere is no where. to get things done you need focus"
Chad Warner
Jun 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chad by: Kelly Warner
This was more motivational than actionable. It's full of good reminders, but I didn't create any to-dos (as I usually do for actionable non-fiction). By the end of the book, I was asking myself, "Am I living the life I've been called to?"

To be fair, I do a lot of reading and listening about mindset. In addition, I was in a community leadership development program last year, went through a "boot camp" for web agency owners earlier this year, and am currently in a mastermind for web agency owners.
loafingcactus
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2015
I think by the time one is 25 or so this book had better not have anything to teach or you r doin' it rwong. I'm 40. So.

However, this might be a good discussion guide for teaching an advanced high school student or someone in their first job.
Heidi
Jul 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Short and easy to read exceptional and practical book about the importance of thinking! What a concept. well, for me. There is a chapter on each of various types of thinking: big-picture thinking, focused thinking, creative thinking, realistic thinking, strategic thinking, possibility thinking, reflective thinking, questioning popular thinking, benefiting from shared thinking, practicing unselfish thinking and relying on bottom-line thinking. My favorite quote from the book is "the truth will se ...more
samar samir

هل افكر خارج نطاق نفسى وعالمى الخاص بحيث اعالج الافكار من منظور شامل ؟؟

كانت الاجابة لأ :D

مش بحب التنمية البشرية وبالنسبة ليا مسكن مؤقت لكن عاجبنى الى حد ما بعض الحاجات فى الكتاب ده

زى مثلا مش انه يقولك انت ناجح وجميل ويقعد فى خمسين كتاب يقولك كم انت ناجح !!

بيتكلم فى نقطة واضحة وصريحة .. وبسيط وصغير جدا يخلص فى نص ساعة
Michael Huang
Usual suspects of good advices: Think outside the box; be empathetic; do not blindly follow group-think; be unselfish; collaborate with others...
Loy Machedo
Jun 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Loy Machedo’s Book Review - How Successful People Think by John Maxwell is another condensed book of Self Improvement / Business where the author tries to summarize the different styles of thinking necessary for success in the Business World.

According to the author the 11 keys to successful thinking:

6. Explore Possibility Thinking
7. Learn from Reflect
Bar Franek
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Life consists of what a man is thinking about all day"

A short, but thought-provoking book.

This isn't a book that explains how successful people think differently from unsuccessful people, which you might gather from the title. Rather, it explains how to actually think and the different flavors of thinking. Anyone can learn how to think, which is the point of the book, and when you learn this skill you multiply your chances of success- according to the author.

A lot of us, entrepreneurs especia
photogrl2020
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wwdb-book-list
Gotta be at least my 2nd-3rd time reading this book, and it's still good. Definitely gets you thinking! So yes, it does exactly what the title says! Lol. Worth the read-all John Maxwell's books are good and easy reads. Simple to understand, always have little outlines for application/further thought. Highly recommended author. Everyone could learn something from him. Or lots of things. He even speaks at our organization once a yr and we love having him! (the love goes both ways, btw
Jamia
Jul 26, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: corporate types and those who want a new framework for thinking... that has its limitations.
I didn't love the book which I thought was really lacking in terms of my needs for a social justice framework and addressing systems of inequality...I also hated his idea that only unsuccessful people make decisions motivated by survival. Obviously a high-income straight white male would say that because he hasn't been forced to struggle in a system formed to oppress him... Obviously survival wouldn't occur to those this society deifies...
Rick Yvanovich
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Excellent read. Its the second book I've read by John Maxwell and I find his style very readable which inspires me to read more of his books.
The message in this book resonates with others that I have read such as the Slight Edge and helps hammer home the importance of how you think.
Abdalla Mamdouh
نسخة مؤسسة هنداوي غير كاملة
Bianda
Aug 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Change your thinking, change your life. I think that really sums it up.
Gordon Diver
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for ways to develop your critical thinking and abilities to adapt to an ever changing workplace and indeed world, this is an essential read.
Tariq
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Book written in simple language containing great lessons for constant implementation in life.
Crystal Messing
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love love love. Critical thinking laid out for you.
Mohammed Al-Mogbali
كتاب يتحدث عن التفكير وكيف تفكر وما هي الطرق التي يجب أن تتبعها حتى تفكر بطريقة سليمة.

كتاب قصير جدًا ولم يأتي بجديد، كل الكلام مكرر.
Ravi Kumar Dandapani
Tamara McKinney
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good
Grace
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Unlike most non-fictional books, this book is short and sweet. Maxwell broke down different thinking skills into sections, which I found helpful and easy to read. He started off a chapter with a quote. One of the quotes that touched me the most is about strategic thinking. "Most people spend more time planning their summer vacation than planning their lives," which I found I am guilty of. One of the reasons I decided to join Goodreads and write reviews is to write down the nuggets I learned from ...more
Victor Samuel
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thinking
Written a very simple language, this book simply does what it was meant to be: challenging on and changing how the reader think. Albeit many things are mere reminder to me, the book still provokes my mind further. The stories and the real examples put lasting impression and confidence to live out the principles. I especially learn how to practically use these kinds of thinking to achieve my goals and live purposefully.

In particular, Maxwell got my calendar filled with the slot time for reflecti
Jasmin Khalid
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
كتب أندرسون ستاتلي التعريف التالي للنجاح في مجلة "براون بوك":
من حقق النجاح، هو ذلك الذي عاش عيشا كريماً، وضحك كثيراً، وأحب كثيراً؛ هو ذلك الذي نعم بثقة النساء الطاهرات واحترام الرجال العقلاء وحب الأطفال الصغار؛ تجده يملأ مكانته وينجز مهامه؛ وإذا رحل عن العالم، يتركه في حال أفضل مما كان عليه سواء من خلال نبتة زرعها او قصيدة رائعة نظمها أو روح أنقذها ؛ هو ذلك الذي قدر جمال الطبيعة من حوله ولم يعجز عن التعبير عن ذلك؛ وهو من بحث دائما عن أفضل ما في الآخرين وأعطاهم أفضل ما لديه؛ وكانت حياته مصدراً لإ
Zawani
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Orang kreatif tahu mereka perlu sentiasa 'pecah keluar' daripada 'kotak' kekangan sejarah dan batasan peribadi sebelum dapat mengalami pencapaian yang kreatif. Cara paling efektif bagi membantu diri kita keluar daripada kotak ini adalah dengan mendedahkan diri kepada paradigma baru. Antara yang boleh dilakukan adalah teroka perkara baru sama ada pergi ke tempat baru atau membaca subjek yang baru bagi kita. Membaca dengan lebih meluas!
Wafa Shehab
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book,
I would like to share some of the amazing and motivated sentence which I highlighted while I read it

" If you want to improve your world, then focus attention on helping others"

"shared thinking is faster than solo thinking "

"If you combine your thoughts with the thoughts of others, you will come up with thoughts you've never had"

"there is no more noble occupation in the world than to assist another human being--to help someone succeed"

Tony Jr.
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
Another great work from Maxwell on the different ways successful people think. I didn't expect much going in as I'm very familiar with self-help material of this nature but this book turned out to be a winner! I really enjoyed the chapters on: Reflective thinking, Unselfish thinking, Realistic thinking, Shared thinking and Creative thinking. Great book!
Anita
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
I am sure the author means well with this book and for someone closer to his mindset, it could probably be useful. I even agree with the author on most things (except for quoting Trump to say anything at all and the general conservativism that the book exudes). But I didn't feel like this book taught me anything new.
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect total # of pages 3 44 Jul 20, 2013 11:20AM
  • Business By The Book: Complete Guide of Biblical Principles for the Workplace
  • Little Green Book of Getting Your Way: How to Speak, Write, Present, Persuade, Influence, and Sell Your Point of View to Others
  • Earn the Right to Win: How Success in Any Field Starts with Superior Preparation
  • Born to Win: Find Your Success Code
  • Integrity: The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality
  • Greater Than Yourself: The Ultimate Lesson of True Leadership
  • 20,000 Days and Counting: The Crash Course For Mastering Your Life Right Now
  • It's Not Just Who You Know: Transform Your Life (and Your Organization) by Turning Colleagues and Contacts into Lasting, Genuine Relationships
  • Endless Referrals: Network Your Everyday Contacts into Sales
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • The Millionaire Messenger: Make a Difference and a Fortune Sharing Your Advice
  • Flipping the Switch...: Unleash the Power of Personal Accountability Using the Qbq!
  • Don't Eat the Marshmallow Yet!: The Secret to Sweet Success in Work and Life
  • The Mentor Leader: Secrets to Building People and Teams That Win Consistently
  • Get Off Your "but": How to End Self-Sabotage and Stand Up for Yourself
  • The Secret: What Great Leaders Know - And Do
  • StandOut: The Groundbreaking New Strengths Assessment from the Leader of the Strengths Revolution
  • Today We Are Rich: Harnessing The Power Of Total Confidence
John C. Maxwell is an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold over 16 million books. His organizations have trained more than 2 million leaders worldwide. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP and INJOY Stewardship Services. Every year he speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and audiences as diverse as the United States Military Ac ...more

Successful People (6 books)
  • Make Today Count: The Secret of Your Success Is Determined by Your Daily Agenda
  • How Successful People Lead: Taking Your Influence to the Next Level
  • How Successful People Grow: 15 Ways to Get Ahead in Life
  • How Successful People Win: Turn Every Setback into a Step Forward
  • What Successful People Know About Leadership
“Dont ever be impressed with goal setting; be impressed with goal getting. Reaching new goals and moving to a higher level of performance always requires change, and change feels awkward. But take comfort in the knowledge that if a change doesn't feel uncomfortable, then it's propably not really a change.” 63 likes
“Maya Angelou observed you cant use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. Sadly,too often creativity is smothered rather than nurtured. There has to be climate in which new ways of thinking,perceiving, questioning are encouraged.” 27 likes