Start by marking “Last on the List (Wait With Me, #5)” as Want to Read:
Last on the List (Wait With Me, #5)

Last on the List

(Wait With Me #5)

Only a bad nanny knows what it’s like to kiss the boss.

CEO millionaire, Max Fletcher is a single dad in desperate need of a nanny.

Cozy Barlow is in the middle of her self-appointed “gap year” and doing everything she can to detach from her past.

But when her sister begs her to interview for the nanny position of a high maintenance client, she doesn’t have a good enough reas
Published June 16th 2022 by Amy Daws, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Last on the List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last on the List

Start your review of Last on the List (Wait With Me, #5)
Kristina
Jun 18, 2022 rated it liked it
Urgh! I usually enjoy Amy Daws’s books so much. Her writing style, flawed yet sweet characters, progressive thinking and humour usually slap me right in the feels. This is the first book of hers I’ve ever rated lower than a 4 star, but alas...
I was waiting patiently for this book to come out, I thought Daws would stay in the Harris world forever and never finish this series, which is part of the reason why I was disappointed with this book. Don’t get me wrong, this was, in essence, a cute story.
Leticia (jerseygirl)
Jun 11, 2022 rated it it was amazing
"And you reminded me that forgiving my past to chase after a new future could be fucking worth it."
Amy Daws has outdone herself with this book. Not only is it a wonderful story, but the heroine was inspiring. Thank you so much, Amy, for writing a plus-sized heroine with all the sass who is nothing short of amazing. And Max? Max is a total dreamboat.
Amy has become one of my one-click authors, and I may not have read her entire backlog, but this is my favorite so far.

"I see her fully for all that
Amy Daws
Jun 09, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am so excited for you all to meet Max & Cozy! I think this book has it all, heart, laughs, feels, and some serious serious SPICE. Some have said my spiciest work to date! haha. Release is June 16!

Kristie (read_between.the_wines)
MARRY ME MAX!!

Amy Daws does it again!! There is just something about the books Amy writes that brings me so much joy and this was an ANTICPATED read for me, and it did not disappoint!

This follows Max and Cozy (Cassandra). Max is trying to find a nanny for daughter for the summer (his ex wife is away working), and Cozy is the last on the list of interviews. Cozy is everything a nanny shouldn't be... because she likes doing NOTHING. And Max has a jammed pack summer for his daughter. But like most
Jun 17, 2022 rated it it was amazing
****Audiobook****

4.5 Stars

This was another book I really enjoyed but had a few odd things for me. Either way, I really enjoyed this one.

What I loved:
1. Cassandra is a plus size heroine, and while I loved that she had insecurities, I was really hoping she would be fully confident in her body as she was in her convictions. I always feel like this is a double edged sword, because many plus size people are not 100% confident in how they look. It makes the heroine relatable.
2. Max is a really great
Caitlin
Jun 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Cozy and Max!!! Last on the List is officially my favorite book for single dad and nanny romances. Last on the List is an appropriate name for this book. Max and his preteen daughter, Everly, are interviewing nannies to help out with Everly for the summer. Everly ends up being the last nanny to interview and she literally entered the room with a bang. Cozy is a free-spirited woman whose life philosophies go against everything Max wants in a nanny. Everly doesn’t care though and automatically hir ...more
Jeeves Reads Romance
A sexy single dad who is a genuinely nice guy, but also kind of a possessive caveman? Yeah, that works for me! This hero steals the show with his combination of sweet and alpha/businessman and caveman, but I also loved the vibrant heroine who has unexpected sides of her own. The two make for a very compelling combination, and the boss/nanny/forbidden element really worked as well. It's steamy fun, with a fling to more romance that slowly shifts into something deeper, and there's never a dull mom ...more
Cat Hoffpauir
Jun 30, 2022 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.
I had a really good time reading this book.
Especially after feeling so distracted while reading a completely different book.

I really enjoyed the humor and the banter and the sunshine-grump vibes that this book gave me.

I loved the plot, of course. The nanny and the single, rich dad is always a good one.
The daughter was super cute, and mature without being completely unbelievable.

The sex was really fiery. And we got a lot of TikTok slang and some references in there. Plus we got th
Steph's Romance Book Talk
Jun 27, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2022
Laughed, Cried, Swooned = Perfection

Full RTC
Hillary
Jun 11, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

4.75/5 ⭐️s

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my god, Amy Daws!!!! (Sorry for the multiple exclamation marks; they were necessary)

This book was a masterpiece, and I’m so stinking sad it’s over. Max and Cassandra were PERFECT. I’m a sucker for the single dad trope anyways, and who doesn’t love a good “the single dad falls for the nanny trope”…but this story had so many amazing layers to it that it almost seems like a disservice to condense it down to those tropes.

Th
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Jun 26, 2022 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 80%

I got this far and I really just don’t care what happens to these characters. 🫠 Oof. This one was tough. And it took me six days to get to that point. While it was fun and steamy, it was ultimately slow going and featured cringeworthy pet names. Also, the whole “did I/you just unlock another kink?” but got old fast. Maybe this was catering to BookTok.
Romancing the Reader
I'm not even lying when I say this is probably the best Amy Daws book I've read... and I've read her entire backlist and peppered it with 5 🌟 ratings as I went.

📚 𝗧𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗲: Opposites attract, single dad, age gap, forbidden love

📖 𝗦𝘆𝗻𝗼𝗽𝘀𝗶𝘀: The only thing Max loves more than success is his daughter Everly. So when her mother takes a chance at a summer overseas, Max has to find someone to stay with Everly for the summer. Enter Cozy, a wild woman with hippie ideas, who pitches a low-key summer of "doing
dia
Jun 18, 2022 rated it liked it
Jenna
Jun 07, 2022 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Amy for an early ARC!!

I’m such a fan of Amy’s work. I devoured her Harris brothers series early this year and found my favorite pregnancy trope book One Moment Please also by her, so I was honored to receive an Arc for this book!!

This is apart of an interconnected series but each can be read as a stand alone! I haven’t read them all just yet—and was not confused at all! But I did read One Moment Please and seeing those characters in this book made my heart happy!!

Ok so spoiler free
glavreads
Ahhh, plus size, single dad, nanny romance perfection.

Amy, I love you. Last on the List was perfectly funny, spicy, heartfelt, and angsty.

Max is a CEO single zaddy who's looking for a nanny for the summer. When none of the interviewees are the right fit, the head of the nanny agency sends in her sister as a last ditch effort. When Cozy (really, Cassandra) interviews and tells Max all about her grand nanny plans to teach his daughter the art of doing nothing, he's less than thrilled but Everly
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Universal

Cozy (Cassandra) is everything Max doesn't want in his daughter's nanny. She's free-spirited, wants to do nothing, literally nothing, this summer, and despises his successful lifestyle. And yet, his daughter adored her from their first meeting. So now he's stuck with this woman who's doing in his control, turning his world on its head, and he can't help but want her. But he's been very badly burned by love before, so he's not about to take a step into anything more with his
Claire Annovazzi
Jun 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing
(audiobook) Once again, the author mixes a deliciously sexy romcom with a generous amount of serious questions about life and relationships. This time, the burden of a toxic workplace environment and the acceptance of one’s sexuality can be seen between the torrid encounters of billionaire Max with his big younger nanny. And it works so well.

Her characters are total opposites. On one hand, there’s Max, the single dad billionaire totally devoted to his daughter despite his huge responsabilities a
Meegz Reads
Shelves: kindle, favourites
*5 Stars*

ARC kindly received for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this latest book from Amy. Cozy and Max were fire. The chemistry between them was hot! I loved Cozy's connection with Everley, and the way that she brought sunshine into her and Max's lives. Max is so set in his ways but then when Cozy comes along, we start to see the other side to him.

I loved the journey these two went on, and also how there was no drawn out and unnecessary angst. Whilst yes, of course, there are issues that o
Erin Lewis
Jun 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review Last On The List (Wait With Me #5) by Amy Daws

AUDIO REVIEW
Having read the previous books in this series, I couldn’t wait to listen to  Last On The List which is Max Fletcher and Cassandra (Cozy) Barlow’s story. I was immersed from the first chapter to the last and really didn’t want this book to end.

I really enjoy Amy Daws writing. Her characters are captivating, easy to relate too and likeable. I enjoy single parent stories and having met and loved Max in previous books in this s
mina sohaib
Jun 24, 2022 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
if i hear or read the word zaddy one more time i'm gonna stab my eyes out - i swear to god
0/5
technically i did finish the book but i put it under dnf cause i skimmed the last 30% and if I don't actually read the book fully i don't count it as a full read

so this book was so cringy and tried so fucking hard to be funny and relevant w the times it made it difficult to read
i had to put my kindle down multiple times to stop myself from dying from embarrassment

don't waste y'alls times
Joyce
Simply amazing!
I love being able to say one of my favorite authors has written the best book of her career. To champion an author whose books I’ve truly loved is an honor!
Max and Cozy’s book could have been full of trite “seen it all before” tropes. The nanny. The millionaire single dad. The cute kid. In Amy’s magical hands it’s all brand new and unputdownable. This book is fresh, sexy, emotional, and heartwarming. I never wanted the story to end, I couldn’t put it down! This absolutely can be
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Shelves: arc-team, arc
ARC received from author for an honest review

CEO millionaire? Ugh, so 2017 I hear you say.

But never fear - Max Fletcher is millionaire that you want to know.

Amy Daws has given us a wonderful, brilliant, my-favourite-Amy-Daws-book-except-for-My-Hayden story that I am still smiling thinking about the next day.

Max and Cozy's story is sweet and sexy, laugh out loud and lovable. Gah, I just loved it.

Now, I am stingey with my 5 star reviews, so if you are seeing 5 stars from me, it really is one of th
Michelle
Jun 06, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting for Max’s story!! Our stoic businessman/weekend daddy is totally deserving of some love and it comes in the form of his complete opposite, and employee!

Cassandra (Cozy) is taking a break for unknown reasons from the corporate world and is living her mantra “Why do more when you can do less?” When she applies for the nanny job for Max’s daughter, Everly loves her immediately.

Cozy and Everly have an unconventional summer of “doing nothing” together and Daws’ creative brand of h
Kristen
Jun 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 6-stars
6 stars!! This was a great book, at 1st I was abit hesitant to continue especially when she started calling him Zaddy, but I continued and wow..
Max had me swooooooning for days... 😩❤️❤️
I loved how he loved his daughter Everly, and it was so nice reading a book where the ex is involved but no baby mama drama for once.

Max and Cozy were everything you would want to read about in a couple
Megan
Jun 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing
5++++++++ stars!!! I absolutely freaking loved this book! I was hooked from the very moment I started this one! I loved Max and Cozy so so so much! Cozy is my hero! I found her so relatable in so many ways! This book had me laughing so much! If the single dad trope is a favorite of yours you will love this one! I was so sad when this one ended! I wanted so much more! Not that the book needed it….I’m just greedy!!

This is a true standalone in the series, but you do get characters from other books.
Jen
Jun 26, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2022-favorites
Could not put this book down. Loved it!
Jenifer Briggs
Jun 21, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I have been eagerly awaiting this book for what feels like FOREVER!!! I love me a curvy girl romance, especially with a heroine who is *actually* plus sized, and doesn't just have big boobs and a butt. Anyways, Cozy/Cassandra was an excellent fmc, and I loved everything about her. There was so much underneath the surface of her carefree life, and my heart just broke for all the things she's had to endure. Max is also someone I've been curious about throughout this entire series, and i loved how ...more
Anna
I can't even begin to express how much I freaking lurve this book!!!

I need to sit and compose myself before I just word vomit a nonsensical bunch of words that makes absotively posolutely no sense.

Cozy/Cassandra/Cassie is who I want to be when my 49 year old self finally grows up. (What can I say? I'm a late bloomer.) I relate to her so much. On both a professional and personal level! And as a plus sized woman, I love that she is confident. Her weight isn't a center piece of what we think about
tee
Jun 16, 2022 rated it liked it
3.5 ✨

”Yes, Cassandra. You make me uncomfortable nearly every minute of every day since I met you. And I have discovered that I like feeling uncomfortable.”

whilst this wasn’t necessarily my favourite amy daws book i still really enjoyed this. i loved the representation of cozy being a plus sized woman who was comfortable in her skin but also had off days, which i think was very realistic. cozy is very much a free spirit, funny and super sweet. i loved catching up with the characters from the seri
maggieandteddy
Jun 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS. I listened to the audio. Erin Mallon & Teddy Hamilton did a great job.
I especially loved the last 25%
Cozy (Cassandra) is hired as nanny by Max, a hunky single dad. Everly is 11 y/o.
Max is a divorced highly successful businessman. His ex is out of the picture, but is explained a little later in the book.
Cozy is smart and artistic. She left the corporate world - for reasons that are explained as the story unfolds.
I loved the physical chemistry between these too. Max is attracted to

• To Whom It May Concern (For Him, #3.5)
  • So Not Meant To Be
  • Forked (Frenched, #2)
  • Last Resort (S.I.N., #1)
  • Truth or Dare
  • The Commander (Men of Hidden Justice, #3)
  • Washed Up
  • The Complete Retrieval Duet (The Retrieval Duet, #1-2)
  • Frenched (Frenched, #1)
  • Yanked (Frenched, #1.5)
  • Shenanigans (Brooklyn, #6; Brooklyn Bruisers, #9)
  • Give Me More (Salacious Players Club, #3)
  • Stone (Pittsburgh Titans, #2)
  • Blind Side
  • The Ruthless Groom (Arranged Marriage, #2)
  • The Difference Between Somehow and Someway (Difference Trilogy, #2)
  • The Billionaire and His Nanny  (His Nanny Trilogy, #1)
See top shelves…
Number 1 Amazon Bestselling author Amy Daws writes spicy love stories that take place in America, as well as across the pond. She's most known for her footy-playing Harris Brothers and writing in a tire shop waiting room. When Amy is not writing, she’s likely making charcuterie boards from her home in South Dakota where she lives with her daughter and husband.

For more of Amy's work, visit: http:/

Wait With Me (5 books)
  • Wait With Me (Wait With Me, #1)
  • Next In Line (Wait with Me, #2)
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • Take a Number (Wait With Me, #4)

News & Interviews

“But is it good to monetize things we love? We might risk not loving it if we start to put deadlines and money labels on it.” 0 likes