Start by marking “Finally Winsome: How an Overprotective Dog Came to Need Protection” as Want to Read:
Finally Winsome: How an Overprotective Dog Came to Need Protection

Finally Winsome: How an Overprotective Dog Came to Need Protection

4.64  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Book by Jennifer A. Carle
Published March 18th 2008 by Tate Publishing & Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about Finally Winsome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finally Winsome

Alyssa Pierce
Jan 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
By the time I read the last chapter I was crying like a baby. I wasn’t crying because it was a terrible book; far from it. It was just so touching. By the time I was at the middle of the book, I felt like I belonged to Carle’s family. Her writing does an amazing job of pulling you into the story so that you feel like you’re a part of it.

So what’s the book about, you ask? Well, we are taken back in time to when Carle was a single, independent young woman. A retail workaholic who had just broken
Matthew DeBettencourt
Mar 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
It's the true story of a black labrador--with a few other breeds mixed in--named Winn, and the bond that she and her owner shared. Winn was a rescue dog from the SPCA that Jen adopted when she realized she had a need for something else in her life, to fill a void that relationships with men left empty.

As their relationship grew, so did their family. Winn was very protective of Jen, but as she grew older, their roles would switch, and taking care of Winn was becoming full-time.

This story--every
Elaine Littau
Jun 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Finally Winsome by author, Jen Carle is a love story. It is not a romance. It is about the pure love of a devoted dog to her owner. Who among us does not need love like this? Mrs. Carle takes the reader into her family and expresses the challenges and joys of a relationship with an alpha female Lab-mix.
I recommend Finally Winsome to dog-lovers everywhere. Good job, Jen.
Elaine Littau, author of Nan's Journey
Jane Harber
Mar 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! The author, Jennifer A. Carle, presents life with her dog, Winn. She has a simple and whimsical way of presenting her story that makes you fall in love with both her and her dog. She brings "home" the truth that a dog is not just a pet, it's a member of the family. Her stories made me laugh, and cry. They are real. They are inspiring. Thank you, Jen, for sharing a bit of your life with us.
Smartrock
Jan 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
The title of this book is actually Finally Winsome: How an overprotective... Bring your tissues. An easy and quick read that will make you want to go love on your own dog some.
Alicia Catlos