Close Button
This item does not meet our catalog guidelines and can no longer be rated or reviewed. Learn More

Start by marking “NOT A BOOK” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176

Start your review of NOT A BOOK
Joey
Aug 08, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing read. If you love racism and white supremacy, this is the book for you. The events in the book are horrific. This garbage book deserves nothing but scorn. The events could never actually happen, the main character is a pretentious moron, and anyone who thinks this book adds value to the world clearly has no value to the world.
Mark
Propaganda is a fickle thing. Christians have been excellent at propaganda, which is why we were so successful. I'm not using the term "propaganda" in a disparaging way; Orwell also used it in a neutral way so that's how I'm using it. Propaganda is essentially a wide-ranging argumentation for an idea or ideology. The thing about propaganda, though, is that it has to be appealing on some level to work. It has to have some subtlety to be successful.

As propaganda, this book fails on every imaginabl
Ryan
This book is obviously racist and generally horrible morally. It's also significant historically because it was essentially the step by step playbook for a lot of violent domestic terrorism in the 1980s/1990s, and in particular reads almost as a description of the Oklahoma City Federal Building terrorist bombing 20 years after the book was written.

I can't "rate" the book -- it's in negative numbers on a moral basis (it's...very, very racist), it's probably a 2-3/5 as propaganda for that cause, i
S C
Jul 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read it because of who and what it supposedly inspired. Would recommend no matter your political persuasion.
Logavina
Aug 24, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bobby Daugherty
I think I first read this back in the 90's after I had read "Talked To Death". I read that it was the favorite book of Robert Mathews, shortly thereafter Timothy McVeigh happened and I got some strange looks in the library. It is about the future when guns are outlawed and confiscated and law abiding citizens are treated like criminals, eerily accurate but not difficult to predict. I would recommend anyone that enjoys this to read "The Camp of the Saints" by Jean Raspail.
If you read about Rober
Santiago Romero
Sep 27, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
For me, the most frustrating scene of the book -and the most defining one- is when Turner is about to be initiated into the Order, so they give him the "Book": a document which apparentely contains the answer to all mysteries of life:

"What I had read-it amounted to a book of about 400 typed pages-had lifted me out of this world, out of my day-to-day existence as an underground fighter for the Organization, and it had taken me to the top of a high mountain from which I could see the whole world,
Leafleting
Jul 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t think there is any other book out there that perfectly details such a story. Maybe that is my own naïvety. Riveting fiction story. Very gruesome detailed parts throughout which show the levels of ruthlessness some people may go through when their mission transcends their own life, and is about the future of their ancestors’ well being. The incredibly well thought out sequencing of events, specific details, and even how the story was portrayed give a really interesting and thought provoki ...more
Hank
Jul 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Truly time well spent. William Luther Pierce was in many ways ahead of his time. A true visionary in every sense of the word. ...more
Jeffrey Gao
Sep 23, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is nothing more than racist, sexist, homophobic, and paranoia fuelled garbage! Nothing about this pile of paper makes sense, the dated racial stereotypes are obnoxious, and the author is a twerp. Also, nukes are a stupid idea!
PS Fans of this pile of paper will defend it by saying it's "realistic" or "predicted x events." THEY'RE WRONG! Realism =/= cynicism and anyone who says otherwise knows less than Jon Snow. Plus, that twerp William Luther Pierce deserves no defenders or fans!
Chris
Apr 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book. Outlines the truth about society.
Echo
Apr 10, 2022 rated it did not like it
Story was terrible.. lol sorry pierce
Norm
Luiz
Sep 27, 2021
Phiro
Aug 14, 2021
This profile was created to segregate those items which have ISBNs or ASINs but are not considered part of our catalog. For more information, please see the Librarian Manual on Goodreads Help. ...more

News & Interviews

Here at Goodreads World Headquarters, we tend to read a lot of books. Like, a lot a lot. And every December, as we finish up our...