Start by marking “Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (Jane Jameson, #2)” as Want to Read:
Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (Jane Jameson, #2)

Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men

(Jane Jameson #2)

Following Nice Girls Don’t Have Fangs, the second in a hilarious, smart, sexy romantic series about an out-of-work librarian who is turned into a vampire.
With her best friend Zeb’s Titanic-themed wedding looming ahead, new vampire Jane Jameson struggles to develop her budding relationship with her enigmatic sire, Gabriel. It seems unfair that she’s expected to master unde
Mass Market Paperback, 376 pages
Published August 25th 2009 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men

Jilly
"We're in love."

"Oh, yuck. I mean, I'm happy for you."

This is why I can relate to Jane. She is one sarcastic vamp. I appreciate sarcasm in all its forms. I love dry humor, self-depreciating humor, grammar humor, snarky humor, and most especially humor that not everyone gets.

Yes, I said Grammar Humor!! It's an underappreciated art.

Yes, this is funny to me. Feel free to unfriend me now.

Brilliant!

So, for those of you who are still reading, this book wasn't quite as funny as the first one, but it
Shannon
I have to give this one 2.75 stars because it just wasn't as good as the first book. There were some sexy and funny parts and even some that made me tear up, but the whole wedding business and the family dynamics kind of turned me off. Mama Ginger and Jane's whole family (except her Dad) could never again appear on the pages and I'd be happy. The scenes with them were frustrating and I wanted to slap a few of them on a number of occasions. Plus, the fact that the one storyline I actually wanted ...more
Kat
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-1
Molly Harper is just a hoot. I love Jane Jameson’s sass and quick-witted comebacks as she continues to snark her way through her first year as one of the undead. Things have progressed somewhat—on some fronts. Her best friend Zeb is getting married to a werewolf, which is awesome except for the fact that his mother and her mother hate the idea and keep trying to hook him up with Jane. Then there’s the fact that Gabriel, Jane’s on again, off again love interest, who she’d kind of like to be on al ...more
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Audio Book Review

Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men, the second book in Molly Harper's Jane Jameson series, is another fun, witty, quirky romp through Half Moon Hollow.

The Story:

With Zeb and Jolene's wedding day quickly approaching and more and more obstacles being thrown in their path to wedded bliss, Jane seems to have become their couples counselor - much to her chagrin. But with Gabe and Jane's relationship feeling no small amount of strain, can Jane help her best friend make it to the altar wh
Catherine
Karla

4 Stars! Another fun ride with the sassy, snarky Jane Jameson and the quirky residents of Half Moon Hollow!

This one focuses on Zeb, Jane's best friend and his fiancee, Jolene, who just happens to be a werewolf! Loads of zany antics leading up to their wedding and Jane is in the midst of it all. I love Molly Harper's dry sense of humor, her crazy stories, and the amazing Amanda Ronconi brings it all to life! Definitely worth reading, but if you have the opportunity to listen to it, even better!
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
2.5

Basically the book's brownie points are NOT baked by being exciting and layered, but by 'cute episodes' in the life of Jane.

Humorous and almost boring ~ this one needed life sucked into it. Seriously, by page 90 the only things that had happened were uncertainties about a wedding her best friends are having, mild suspicions about her boyfriend, and a few debates with her mother. 90 pages that does not a plot make.

To make it worse, the story continues to 376 pages, with little else happening.
Wanda
I would actually rate book two of the Jane Jameson series as a 3.5 star, rather than four star, if I had the choice. I didn’t enjoy it quite as much as book 1. Still a very enjoyable read and came very close to being as much fun as the first book.

I have to laugh at Jane’s mother and grandmother who both seem to believe that marriage and children are the only worthwhile things in a woman’s life. I’ve had to put up with a fair bit of that attitude myself and I love that Jane’s not taking it sittin
Ian
Apr 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: b-favorites
Clever dialogue and a lively sense of humor make this book seriously good fun. Vampires, werewolves, ghosts and a geriatric ghoul all find a home in Half Moon Hollow, and they aren't even the scariest residents in town.
alicat ♡➹♡
This second book revolves around Jane's best friend Zeb's wedding to Jolene, a werewolf. More hilarity ensues. Zeb's mother cannot get over the fact he is not marrying Jane and takes every opportunity to mention this. Jane's rude grandmother/local black widow is engaged to a creepy man who might just be her perfect match.

Again, some of the rude behavior towards Jane bordered on absurd. Yes, a lot was funny, but at times it felt a little too much and that took away a bit for me. Did I still like
Myhotstylist
Sep 01, 2010 rated it did not like it
OMG this book bored me to tears!!!
The first book was just OK, at least it had a mystery involved and some sort of character development. The first 200 pages of this book could have been omitted completely as this book dragged and dragged!! I skipped about 14 chapters just to skim the last chapter to get closure.

It seemed that 99% of this book is a clear reflection of the authors personal taste in music, books, and remants of her own failures in highschool. The main character's entire family ju
✨Susan✨
I ended up buying this second book of the Jane Jameson series on sale because I already had read the first and have the third in my TBR stack, so what the heck. I threw caution to the wind and am glad I did. I forgot how much I missed Molly Harper's sense of humor.

Poor Jane is still trying to figure out her new plot in life as a vampire, while her personal life has turned into a cyclone. She thinks that she may or may not be in love with her sire while at the same time her lifetime male friend i
Berit☀️✨
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have to admit I like Molly Harper's books better because she has an amazing narrator doing most of her books... This book was definitely more character driven, there really wasn't much to the plot, but you just loved all the characters so much so it didn't matter... Jane is awesome.... as well as Andrea and Zeb..... Not sure about Gabriel, he can be a little sketchy, but I guess he is a vampire... I think it is hilarious that it is a tradition in the werewolf culture to dress the maid of honor ...more
Saly
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked this less than the first one mainly because I found the heroine's family drama annoying and Zeb's too. Plus the h/H relationship annoyed me as they had zero communication and that is not the basis for a healthy long-term relationship. I am setting the series aside for now.
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
There is some action, some mystery, some romance and a lot of smart humor...nothing too over-the-top well, except for the humor which is laugh out loud at times. I laughed a lot, and even cried a little

Robyn
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Really funny, but the story line was a bit flat for me. Nonetheless, I'm sure I'll continue to read these.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Jessica B
Book two from the Jane Jameson trilogy. Another hoot! Jane never ceases to amaze me with the smart*** comments she makes. It is always a sign of a good book when it can get me to laugh out loud.

This was another light fun read something I need more often then not to help with a long day/week/year.

Jane has been selected as the Maid of Honour at her best friend Zeb's wedding. A werewolf wedding no doubt and she seems to be caught up in the middle of all the politics that come with one wolfy weddi
Becky
Liked this one less. I feel like Gabriel’s secrecy is dumb and I will probably not like his reasons behind it. Also, did he sleep with some of the heroine’s relatives? I felt like there were a few passing comments that hinted to that. I would definitely have a problem if that was the case.

Still a safe series but I’m worried book 3 will bring OW drama. We will see.
Kara
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Nice Girls Don’t Date Dead Men” is Book Two in a four-book series of Jane Jameson coming to terms with being a vampire. The books are not lesfic, but they feature very funny, snarky writing and dialogues with a terrific narrator.

The first book was really terrific! I listened to it during a 4,900 mile road trip with a straight girl friend who wouldn’t listen to lesfic with me - chicken! ;) …we both liked Jane Jameson’s adventures in vampiredom! After the trip, I decided to continue the series….a
Jess
Feb 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Just as funny as the first book, now I know that it wasn't just a fluke. In this book, Jane is in the bridal party for her best friend Zeb's Titanic themed wedding to Joelene a werewolf. She also has a new job at an occult bookstore and is trying to figure out what to do about her lack of money. There are the occasional fights with Gabriel and the makeup sessions that pass after that, and her interactions with her family as well. When Jane is with her family I find it so hilarious and also very ...more
Elle
May 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
What can I say about this book? The women are still the villains. Jane is still snippy. This book was a good addition to the series. I was reading it late the night before last and realized that it is set up similarly to sitcom in how the dialogue is written.... it was a creepy realization. But I transcended (I do not like most sitcoms) and read on.

In this story, Jane is less "new vampire" and more "recent vampire" which means that she is less surprised about the changes in herself, and a little
Darcy
Oct 01, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009, ghosts, vampires, uf
I liked this book better than the first one. But by the end I was sooooo tired of hearing about the wedding and all the ways it was going to be trashy!!

Jane seems to be adjusting to her new life well. There are issues with Gabriel, like where the heck he has been going. I am hoping that we learn about that next book.

The whole wedding thing had the feeling of the Hatfields and McCoys. Although it was funny to see all the ways both sides could scorn the other. What happened to Zeb was fairly predi
Jenn
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, I didn't care for this one nearly as much as Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs. I love a good antagonist, but this novel was packed full of horrid, grating characters. If it wasn't Zeb's uber-meddling mother on the page, it was Jane's god-awful family. I worry that the author is actually related to manipulation masters like those in this series.
The most entertaining part of this novel was Mr. Wainwright. I'm still wondering why I'm supposed to like Gabriel. Dick was underused and missed (th
Cheyenne Meadows
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was great too!! So funny and there were some parts that get emotional but very engaging. Loved the wedding planning. Mother in laws that's all I need to say.
Cassandra
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! I bought this audiobook because I liked the narrator and Molly Harper’s humor in her books. I got the first 5 books so far.

This is the 2nd book in the series, and it is packed with just as much humor and sarcasm as the first. It is definitely a book for adults. Amanda is still the narrator which I love because I like when it is an awesome narrator for it not to change.

Jane is still t
Thenia
Another series I'd started quite a few years ago but hadn't continued for some reason.

As expected, I didn't remember all that much from the previous book, but one thing I did remember was that Jane's family annoyed me to no end. Unfortunately that continues to be the case, and I wondered a number of times why on earth she put up with some of them!

The mystery of why (view spoiler)
Sana Zameer
3.5 Stars

This was not as much fun as the first book. The whole book was dedicated to family drama and Jolene and Zeb's nuptials. Really disappointing! Well, anything that has Titanic theme is bound to sink. Jane's family and Mama Ginger really got on my nerves, I wanted to beat some sense into them. Jane's snark was the only thing that saved this book. Not enough Dick and Gabriel! I can read a whole book with just Jane and Dick's banter in it even if it doesn't have any plot. I hope the next one
Lisarenee
Mar 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"How were you turned?
"Its's not a story I tell most people," I said...
"Why not?"
"If there was a very special episode of 'I Love Lucy', where Lucy was turned into a vampire, she'd probably use my story. Let's just say I didn't have any choice. It was either death or this."

The events that led to Jane being turned would never be included among her more finer moments but rather would probably be listed at the top of her most embarrassing moments. It's not the type of tale you fondly recall and tel
Amber
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall, the story in this one is up-to-par with the previous book. There are some unanswered questions that begin in this book, but I'm assuming will be answered in book three.
  • The Undead In My Bed (Dark Ones #10.5; Half-Moon Hollow #2.5; Midnight Liaisons #1.5)
  • Just One Bite (Dead End Dating #4)
  • Tall, Dark & Fangsome (Immortality Bites, #5)
  • Cross Your Heart (Broken Heart #7)
  • Dead Sexy (Garnet Lacey, #2)
  • Real Vampires Hate Their Thighs (Glory St. Clair, #5)
My mother remembers an 8-year-old me setting up my “writing office” in our living room by putting her old manual typewriter on the couch next to a toy phone. And I (very slowly) pecked out the story of my third-grade class taking a trip around the world and losing a kid in each city.

I had a dark sense of humor, even then.

In high school, when other girls my age were writing poems about dying unicor

Jane Jameson (4 books)
  • Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1)
  • Nice Girls Don't Live Forever (Jane Jameson, #3)
  • Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4)
“Fortunately, among werewolf women, the word "bitch" is not offensive. I was having a lot of fun with that.
"Hey there, bitches!" I called as I came through the door. "What are my favorite bitches up to today?”
167 likes
“I have ways of making extra money when I need it", he said, slightly offended. "When Gilbert needed money for graduate school, I sold a kidney on the black market for tuition."

We can grow those back?" I asked.

It wasn't my kidney.”