Start by marking “Hall of Mirrors: Tales of Horror and The Grotesque.” as Want to Read:
Hall of Mirrors: Tales of Horror and The Grotesque.

Hall of Mirrors: Tales of Horror and The Grotesque.

From award-winning author, Mike Bennett, comes Hall of Mirrors: Tales of Horror and the Grotesque. Here you will find stories of Hell and damnation, ghosts, madness, murder, vampires, bizarre hair restoration disasters, and ... pigeons, among other things.
Hall of Mirrors is a collection of modern gothic tales with a nail of dark humour hammered through its heart; horrible
Audio
Published (first published March 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hall of Mirrors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hall of Mirrors

Jonathan Brown
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
There were a few genuinely interesting stories, such as the first one, but the others relied more upon scares and grossness to be of any value. Beware of copious amounts of harsh language. Actually just skip altogether.
Brad McGlothlin
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mike did it again with these brilliant short stories
Summer
Salvation - 3/5
The Grave - 3/5 (explicit)
Trolls - 3/5
The Green Man - 3/5
Wet Velvet - 1/5 (explicit)
A Lovely Pair of Browns - 2/5
Hair and Skin - 4/5 (absolutely gross)
Dessert - 1/5
Poacher's Cottage - 3/5
The Exterminators - 3/5
The Haslet Technique - 3/5
Night Crossing - 2/5

I wasn't overly impressed with the collection, but it was mildly entertaining to listen to.

Kimberley
Mar 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: podiobook
Mike is an absolutely fantastic author and story teller. I have all his work in podcast form and truthfully can't pick a favourite. His work is very addictive and the way he brings the charactors to life is nothing short of amazing.
Randolph
Dec 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not for the squeamish. For adults only. Hair and Skin is one of the most repulsive stories I have ever read. The podcast is even more grisly. That said, it is great fun and my favorite story in the book. The other two are top notch as well.
Joseph Carson
Aug 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Mike Bennett's stories. Mike's stories have bizarre twists and dark humor. One of my favorite authors.
Carol
Dec 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully grisly romp through the darker side of human existence. Mike Bennett's talent for writing is equalled by his performance in reading these tales.
Latasha
Nov 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
mike is a great storyteller. but the problem I had with these short stories were the characters. I know they weren't suppose to be likable but wow! they were really awful.
Amy
Apr 16, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
This is not that scary so far, just kind of gross stuff. He writes well, and describes things well. I enjoy more supernatural plots.
Mark
May 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Flew through these 3 short stories from Mike Bennett. Hair and Skin I loved when originally podcast - the voices came across in the writing but that might just be my memory of Mike's narration!
Savina
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, crime
One or two of the tales made me laugh. Most of the others were well written. Mike Bennett's definatly got the voice to do horror audio.
Mark

May 14, 2014
Scott
Dec 22, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Mike Bennett is the four-time Parsec Award winning author of Underwood and Flinch, Blood and Smoke, Hall of Mirrors, and One Among the Sleepless. He lives in Wexford, Ireland. Mike likes immersing himself in all kinds of horror and thriller stories. He also likes traditional pubs, cooking, and ventriloquism - as long as the doll's eyes don't start following him around the room.

Amazon p