Start by marking “Forsaking All Others (Darkly Ever After #1)” as Want to Read:
Forsaking All Others (Darkly Ever After #1)

Forsaking All Others (Darkly Ever After #1)

Once upon a time there was an innocent girl…and a ruthless crime lord sworn to protect her.

Helina has spent most of her life alone, hidden away from the world for her own protection, with her stepbrother Gregori her only company. A man who consumes her every thought, filling her with dark, forbidden desires. When he comes to her with promises of forever, she’s ready to
Kindle Edition
Published January 28th 2022

To ask other readers questions about Forsaking All Others, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forsaking All Others

Start your review of Forsaking All Others (Darkly Ever After #1)
Brittany (Brit.tea.reads)
Jan 20, 2022 rated it really liked it
Forsaking all Others by Alexa Jordan is a Hansel and Gretel-inspired retelling! Book lovers, this one did not disappoint. The book contains sensitive subject matter; please check trigger warnings.

"To the world, our love is forbidden, but that doesn't make it any less true. "

Helina's mother passed away when she was 11 years old, leaving her to be raised by her father and brother. Her father is an evil man and tries to do horrible things to Helina, but her brother Gregori will not allow it. Sofia
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I had high expectations for this book. From the deliciously dark plot to the morally bankrupt, over-the-top characters, Forsaken All Others exemplifies all the characteristics one would expect from a dark romance. I was fully engaged in the outcome of both the plot and the characters from the very beginning. This book smashed my expectations and reaffirmed my love of this genre.

Helina and Gregori have a complicated history. The contrast in their personalities is somewhat paradoxical. This is par
Little monster
Jan 27, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This book did not disappoint at all!!! I read it in one night!

Helina's mother passes away when she is 11 years old, leaving her to be raised by her father and step brother. Her father is evil and tries to do unspeakable things to Helina, but her step brother Gregori will stop at nothing to protect her from their father.

Gregori takes Helina away to a secret cottage in the woods far away from their evil father! She is kept from the outside world and only ever has interaction with the housekeeper
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Addictive and captivating from the start. Helina and Gregori’s story is one that you can easily get sucked into and lost in from the start.

I loved Gregori. He is protective and an alpha male. He will do anything to make sure Helina is safe and that she remains safe. He goes to great lengths to ensure that it happens. Helina may be sheltered but she knows what she wants and I liked the fact that she wasn’t a weak character. The connection between Gregori and Helina is unique, but they have such
Sua
Jan 24, 2022 rated it really liked it
Helina lives most her life being protected by her stepbrother from being kidnapped. As Helina blooms into a young lady, Gregori makes it his mission to make her his and not just as a protector anymore. I totally fell for Gregori as he would go over the top to care and protect Helina at all cost from darkness that surrounds them.

Marnie
Jan 28, 2022 rated it it was amazing
His promise to protect her at all costs!

Wow, Alexa Jordan’s first outing with FORSAKING ALL OTHERS was an amazing surprise to have got my hands onto. It had all the ingredients that made for a dark romance that I very much enjoyed.

I believe that our hero, Gregori was such a gorgeous man. Yep, he was deadly, vicious and ruthless. He had to be to have survive the life that he’d been dragged into at the age of 10, but, and this is the big but for me, he was honourable, and followed the rules of eng
"You've been a beacon of light leading me out of the darkness."

Gregori Mafia Prince to the Bravta and Helina is little Dove us his non blood related sister. HOWEVER that is a secret and the reason why it is a secret because, of his monster dad Nikola and dead wife Sofia...no spoilers. This one secret can ruin Nikola so it best to keep that in his back pocket. Do you not Gregori has more up his sleeve

What I love about Nikola not only keeping his promise to Sofia to keep Helina safe but he learne
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 28, 2022 rated it it was amazing
So yeah, I never saw Forsaking All Others coming for real. It's a modern day telling of Hansel & Gretal with a darker mafia twist. It's the story of Helina, whose life definitely wasn't for the faint of heart, and Gregori, her brother. Her father is pure evil, and she wasn't safe until Gregori hid her away from said evil. It spans many years as she's growing up hidden away, and by the time she's a young adult, she is getting super close to Gregori. If you've read the description you know that he ...more
Dawnmarie Burke
Jan 29, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I could never have pictured a darker modern day twist on Hansel and Gretal until I read this book and was blown away. This book grabs your attention and holds it this story is riveting. Helina's father is evil incarnate and she wasn't safe until Gregori hid her away. Gregori is her stepbrother who she grows much closer to while she's hidden. Gregori took the promise that he made to Helina's mother before she passed away seriously he would do anything go to any extreme to protect Helina. Gregori ...more
Michelle
Shelves: 2022, 5-star-read, arc
Gregori and Helen's story is a modern day fairy tale with some interesting twists. They have a stepsibling love that started when they were young and he was determined to protect her from a dangerous and evil father by hiding her. But when protecting her turns to obsession things take an interesting turn. The storyline is unique and spans multiple years as the characters and their relationship grew. Forsaking All Others is book one and a great start to the Darkly Ever After series. I look forwar ...more
Tawni Steiger
Feb 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It’s dark, twisted, a forbidden romance but so good! Gregori is the son of a crime boss, destined to one day take over the family empire. Helina’s care is trusted to her step father, and Gregori has watched over her almost her entire life. But when Helina’s safety is put into jeopardy, Gregori will do whatever it takes to keep her sage. Even denying himself what he truly wants. I LOVE this book! So good and I cannot wait for more!
F
Jan 29, 2022 rated it really liked it
Steamy scenes, obsessive forbidden love, betrayal and revenge, all ingredients of this well written mafia.. The love between the step-siblings Gregori and Helina starts from childhood, when he wants to protect her from his father. For a long time he manages to keep Helina hidden from the world, but reality catches up with them and Gregori has to fight for his beloved.
An entertaining story, sometimes a bit sentimental and over the top, but very powerful, and a nice size to read.

I received a free
Tracy H
Jan 31, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Ugh,where do I start! Helina and Gregori are beautiful main characters. The story is great. Even secondary characters were amazing. This book is so good. Love, love loved it! What a first book for this author!

BookLover1990
Jan 31, 2022 rated it really liked it
This book was extremely deep and intriguing. The plot is interesting in that you knew somewhat the emotional arc would be painful.

Indie
Jan 28, 2022 rated it it was amazing
OMG !!! loved it !!! what a great first time author... love Gregori and Helina... this is their story... a fast paced slow burn action packed mafia drama... when Gregori first held Helina as a baby... it was love at first sight... he promised her mother to always protect and care for her... and he will never break that promise... and yes , it turns into obsession but, that's okay... he keeps her hidden for as long as he can...now, he must fight to keep her and protect her...
what a story....

I re
Heather Pingree
Jan 29, 2022 rated it really liked it
This is Alexa’s debut novel of a dark, modern day fairytale. Gregori is a mafia prince set on protecting Helina at any cost. Their chemistry is explosive after they give in to their desire for each other. I enjoyed this book and the characters were very interesting.
I would check trigger warnings before reading. I recommend this book to anyone who likes dark mafia romance that’s suspenseful, fast paced, and full of steamy times!
Beth Althouse
Jan 30, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Holy heck, Alexa Jordan just came out of nowhere with a new dark mafia twist on an old fairy tale. An old evil meets a new generation of mafia warrior. Gregori and Helena are not your "typical" lovers. The bond they have grows through the years till one night everything changes.
A bond that will not be broken no matter who or what happens.
5 stars!!
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
Gregory and Helina are forbidden and taboo but so hot together. We also meet Chelsey and Dimitri and Snow and I am intrigued and feel like I need more of them as well.

The story is dark and dangerous and at times I was gasping and unable to form words while other times I was blushing and panting like a fool. What a great introduction and debut novel by Alexa Jordan and can't wait what she does next.
E.
Linda
Jan 29, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Oh Yes! I cannot wait to see what this new author pens next!

Dark, captivating, mafia romance!

I thought in a one-sitting read, the author brought her characters to life! Both Helina and Gregori had me under their spell!

I didn't want their story to end! I think you'll feel the same way!

Age-gap too my friends! I don't know if I could have asked for more!
Vilma
Jan 22, 2022 rated it really liked it
Definitely not for the faint of heart. This is a mafia romance full of violence, kidnapping, murder, talk of pedophiles and high drama. Trigger warnings for anyone with aversions to any of the above.

But, there is a true romance, there is a happy ending. This is an age-gap, forbidden romance, until you realize it’s not technically forbidden.

Gregorio adores his younger sister, Helina and protects her with everything he has in him, even protecting her from their father, Nickolai, who has a dark, se
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Forsaking All Others by Alexa Jordan is the story of Gregori and Helina.
Helina's mother dies when she is about 11 years old. Which has left her with her step brother and father. But her 'father' Nickolai is not a nice person and he has evil plans for Helina. So Gregori ends up putting her in hiding where she only interacts with a house keeper and a friend Chelsey, whose a Tutor. This was a quick hot read.

Amanda Rodriguez
Jan 28, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Omg, Gregori and Helina’s story is a dark and twisted romance that will leave you breathless. What Gregori believes is forbidden proves to be his saving grace. 5 stars are not enough for this book and I highly recommend it to everyone!!!
Crystal
Jan 29, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much 🤩
Becky Jean
Jan 27, 2022 rated it it was amazing
If you want fantastic romance but with some added dark, grit, little twisted, Bratva violence, hottest sex ever and dirty talk galore, then Forsaking all Others by Alexa Jordan is it. I definitely need more from this talented author. Kudos!
Sarah Sargent
Jan 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Alexa Jordan bursts into the darker fairy tale that will leave you gasping for more. Gregori knew from the moment Helina was placed in his arms that he would love and protect her with his life. To see Helina grow up secluded and protected from the man who claims to be her father gives a great Hensel and Gretel vibe. When Helina is no longer seen as a child, the steam factor of this book is off the charts. We need more, there are more books planned for this world, and I cannot wait to read them a ...more
Linda
Jan 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Helina is Gregori's little stepsister or so she thought. When her mother dies, her father Nikoli, head of the mafia and who Helina thought was her father, tries to do horrible things to her and Gregori sweeps her away into hiding with Nikoli always searching for her. This story goes through years of Helina's and Gregori's love changing and Gregori trying to protect her. Can he keep her safe? I loved the other characters side story too. It was sexy, dark and hard to put down. It may have triggers ...more
Debra  (Dragon Nanny) Phiri
Jan 23, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Loved the action right from the beginning and the connection that Helina and Gregori!

Gregori is so very alpha and Helina seems so soft but she has backbone that may surprise you!

Our other characters are a truly love ‘em or hate em not really much in between!

I love how this story is very clearly what it is! Perfect!
Joy  Avery
Feb 02, 2022 rated it it was amazing
☆☆☆☆☆
Forsaking All Others just blew me away. Alexa Jordan knocked this Hansel and Gretel retelling out of the park. The other tropes involved were forbidden, age-gap, and stepbrother romance.
Once upon a time, there was a ruthless crime lord named Gregori who promised to protect an innocent girl named Helina. After losing her mother at a young age, her stepfather developed a sick and twisted obsession for her. Her only saving grace was her stepbrother, Gregori. In an effort to protect her from
Samantha
Feb 02, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author and am voluntarily leaving my review. Helina and Gregori have always had a special bond as step siblings. He is protective and will not let her be hurt further. Gregori hides her away and provides all she could need. When she comes of age there is no keeping them apart any longer. Helina will face whatever she needs to if it means she can be with him. He made promises and he now has the power to follow thru. He is going to defeat his father, change the organizat ...more

• Secret Agent's Weakness
  • My Lucky Charm
  • To Have and to Bind (Legends of Fate #1)
  • Temp
  • Just one Kiss : Midnight Kisses
  • All My Christmases (Holiday Belles)
  • Heiress
  • Rebel Tempts the Beast
  • Heir to Love
  • Destination: Paris: A May/December Student Teacher Romance (Destination Love Book 1)
  • Trojan Crown (Crown Brothers, #2)
  • Treasured
  • Hell Night: A Dark & Bloody Anthology
  • Whispers In The Dark
  • Sacked (The New York Nighthawks Book 1)
  • Risky Business (Wrecked Roommates, #4)
  • Cease to Beat the Same (Deadly Hearts Duet Book 1)
  • Ranger Danger
Alexa Jordan is a slightly twisted dark romance author who writes dirty talking, possessive, morally gray alpha men. She’s been published for years, but has finally given into her darker side.

Alexa is an avid reader who believes that love is love, being called a good girl is the best, and everything should be put off for a good book.

Connect with Alexa!