Start by marking “Certain Jeopardy (Sgt. Major Eric Moyer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Certain Jeopardy (Sgt. Major Eric Moyer, #1)

Certain Jeopardy (Sgt. Major Eric Moyer #1)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  226 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Six American men live behind a protective façade, their real work hidden from neighbors and friends. Different in countless ways, they are intimately the same in one: at any moment their lives can be altered with a phone call, and their actions may change the world.

They are Special Ops. And one team’s mission is about to hit certain jeopardy status when the discovery of an
Published May 1st 2009 by B Books

To ask other readers questions about Certain Jeopardy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Certain Jeopardy

Jerry
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a ride! Full of action and intensity, this one will grip you!

The only problem I had was: How can you have jeopardy without Alex Trebek?

(Kidding, people...)
Tracey Cramer-Kelly
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military
I have great respect for Struecker, who has written a nail-biting suspense about a Spec Ops (Army Ranger) team that also grapples with the issue of faith.

There are a lot of characters in this book, and the point of view bounced around a lot. Add in the team members’ nicknames, and it got hard to follow at times. The early parts bogged down a bit, felt a little slow with all the characters getting a tidbit.

Sruecker tried to follow family events happening at home (a rebellious teenage son, a troub
Joyce McKune
Mar 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like the back and forth from the guys who are sent on an operation to gather intel on a suspected Al-Qaeda gathering and their families back home who have no idea where they are and when they'll be back. For these guys, it's like having two families. When on a mission, they are ready and willing to lay down their life for each other. Won't leave even a dying man behind. But when something happens at home they have to trust God and the other wives to fill their boots until they can get b ...more
Susan
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Certain Jeopardy

Such an amazing story and series. Intense. The characters are quite memorable and I'm looking forward to more in the series.
Victor Gentile
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Captain Jeff Struecker and Alton Gansky in their new book, “Certain Jeopardy” Book One in the Special Ops series published by B&H Publishing Group gives us another mission with Sergeant Eric Moyer and his Special Ops team.

From the back cover: Your safety rests in the hands of six men…

…they are Special Ops and their mission has just been upgraded from difficult to impossible. A detect-and-observe mission revealed the unexpected-and the terrifying. The discovery has forced a change in the miss
Lisa Johnson
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Title: Certain Jeopardy
Author: Jeff Struecker & Alton Gansky
Pages: 381
Year: 2009
Publisher: B & H
Adrenaline pumping, heart thumping action and danger await the male characters entering a country to observe and identify a possible threat to the U.S. A special operations unit goes from a level of observation to nonstop battles, attempting to stay one step ahead of certain death where they are on their own to carry out orders. The wives at home are experiencing nightmares about their husband
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
The story follows the lives of six special ops operatives and their immediate family. They live a kind of dual lives because they can never reveal what they really do. Their lives take an interesting turn with a simple phone call as three pairs of special ops soldiers move to a new assignment separately, yet together. As the lives of these six men change with the dire situations, so do the lives of their partners back home.

The character portrayal has been done to perfection as each character hav
Jane
Apr 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable book. The story was well-told and the characters were believable.

It is the story of a Special Ops team on a mission to Venezuela. As the story moved to its conclusion the fast-paced action kept me reading. I enjoyed the way the authors wove the lives of the families back home in throughout the story.

I don't usually enjoy Christian fiction, because so often the belief seems to drive the story. In this book the story was told, and the Christian belief was a part of it, but i
Becky
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When Iran and Venezuela put their heads together, the results are not good for the United States. Throw in the kidnapping of a nuclear physicist's family, and things go from bad to worse. Eric Moyer's Army Ranger team is sent in to recon the situation. These six men represent the highest of Army ideals . . . but tragedy on the home front and a secret kept by a member of the team threaten to unravel even the best laid plans. Before long, things are spiraling toward certain jeopardy.

Certain Jeopar
Debbie
Mar 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book is a military thriller. The story was written in short, quick chapters from rotating point of views--and there were a fairly large number of point of view characters. At the beginning, I sometimes got confused as to how everyone was related to each other, but that didn't last long.

The prose felt a little unrefined, but that fit the character of the story.

The book was fast-paced. The author clearly explained the equipment and jargon used in the story without bogging down the pace with
Charles
Mar 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
I was a little hesitant about this book after reading other reviews and noting the religious overtones that were called out. After reading it however, I can say that the religious aspects were well presented and fit nicely into the story line. [return]The book starts off quickly and keeps going. Jeff Struecker and Alton Gansky do a wonderful job of developing the characters in the story.The inclusion of the character's families make them feel real. [return]While the characters are well developed ...more
Marian Baay
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In Certain Jeopardy we meet a Spec Ops team of six men. Although I had some trouble getting to know the names and nicknames of the men and to whom they were in a relationship--I really think it was a great read!
When I had the relationships all figured out, I enjoyed to have a look in the family lifes of special ops.

The book is believably written. It's always great to read a book by an author who knows where he's talking about. Jeff Strueker has been there and done that.

I highly recommend this b
Stacy
Oct 28, 2011 added it
One I purchased on my Kindle for Tim to read. But he never seems to want to read, so I finally broke down and read it. Good book, took a bit to set up, but once it got going, it was really good. We'd heard Captain Struecker speak at our church, so we knew a lot about him. He has a couple of other books, one of which I've bought, and plan to read. Modern day soldiers in situations in the war against terrorism, with a Christian background and viewpoint. Good stuff.
Kathy
Mar 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was a good book about military men working undercover in another country to protect the USA. It was not as well-written as many books I read, but it was suspenseful and all does not turn out perfect, just like the real world. One thing I didn't like was that the author had names for his characters, but also nicknames. It was very confusing at times, because he went back and forth on the same page, using the name or the nickname. It was an interruption in the reading.
Shannon
Jan 16, 2010 rated it it was ok
Read aloud to me. I guess you could say it's just not my style though I've enjoyed a few others of the same genre. Some of these scenes are too descriptive for me. It's a riveting plot. There's character development. I would have preferred that some of the sub-conflicts were not quite what they were. I really liked a different one by this author though, The Road to Unafraid. This book has a different co-author. Perhaps his influence is the part I don't like.
Becky
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Yet another excellent story with breathtaking suspense. The characters are so engaging, I felt like I knew them. I appreciate how the authors portrayed military soldiers as humans with extraordinary skills yet the same life struggles as civilians. I also like the example of the Christian character balancing his faith with the mission - so true to life!
Brian
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I got this book for Christmas and I'm glad I did. It was a great book, great story. Action packed while still having a Christian theme to it. The only problem I had with it (just me) was the number of characters in it to keep straight. But once I got them straightened out it was terrific. Highly recommended.
Shelley
Jul 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really like this author. He writes great stories with no language or immorality, and he makes the characters real. It is obvious he puts some of himself and others into his characters. You really can start to understand why career military and special ops solders feel compelled to do what they do. I hope he continues to write more books.
Kale Snyder
Sep 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Over all this was a good read. It started really slow with a lot of background. The real story doesn't start until almost half way through the book but once it get going it's a wild and nail biting ride to the end.
Brad Lewis
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of the TV show 'The Unit.' This book is a lot like the show with the addition one soldier's witness as a Christian to his fellow soldiers while they go through struggles related to their work and their families.
Rachel
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced and full of realistic details. I love the characters and the plot.
Deborah Boutwell
Aug 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Military, fiction, faith, action
Quick read, my heart was racing with the action.
Douglas Richey
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding !

Exciting, well written, fast paced. Could not put it down. Look forward to more books by this author. Highly recommended.
Charity
Oct 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book was great!! I have read many of Alton Gansky's books and this was one of the best. I enjoy military stuff and this was good. Definitely a keeper:)!
Skydanzer
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kept my attention from start to needing. Very much enjoyed reading this. Highly recommend.
Ken Durham
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
A nice series based on special ops group. It kept me interested from page 1 of book 1 to the last page of book 3.
Jeff
Mar 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Definitely not ground breaking, but an enjoyable military thriller.

Thankful for no foul language and a mostly realistic portrayal of military operations.
Terry Bunch
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fun, exciting, never stop moving story with lots of moving parts. Some elements of the story line wrapped up a bit too quick though.
Brett
May 04, 2009 rated it liked it
Suspense
Jonathan
Jul 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
well done, Jeff & Al. honored to work with you both.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Betrayal (Precinct 11, #2)
  • Danger Close
  • Black Sea Affair
  • Gone to Ground
  • Forsaken (Taylor Pasbury, #1)
  • Shade
  • Critical Pursuit (Critical Pursuit, #1)
  • Nightshade (Discarded Heroes, #1)
  • A Ship Possessed (J.D. Stanton #1)
  • Fear No Evil
  • Lady Anne's Quest (Prairie Dreams, #2)
  • Elementary, My Dear Watkins (Smart Chick Mysteries #3)
  • The Next Target
  • Proof (Bloodline Trilogy, #1)
  • Sworn to Protect (Call of Duty, #2)
  • Directed Verdict
  • Enemies Among Us

Chaplain (Major) Jeff Struecker was born in Fort Dodge, Iowa. He entered the Army as an enlisted soldier in September 1987 and remained on active duty until April 2000 when he was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the US Army Reserve as a Chaplain Candidate. He confessed Christ as Savior as a teenager and was called to the ministry while serving with the 75th Ranger Regiment in Ft. Benning, G
More about Jeff Struecker...

Sgt. Major Eric Moyer (4 books)
  • Blaze of Glory (Sgt. Major Eric Moyer, #2)
  • Fallen Angel (Sgt. Major Eric Moyer, #3)
  • Hide and Seek (Sgt. Major Eric Moyer, #4)