Start by marking “Lone Star Ice Fire” as Want to Read:
Lone Star Ice  Fire

Lone Star Ice Fire

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Electric blues guitarist Sonny Blaine was the hottest player in Texas, a cool-cat bad boy who seemed to have it all. His kid brother, Walker, shy and plain, wasn’t someone you’d look at twice—until he, too, took up blues guitar. The two driven brothers face off in their music and their women with all their souls, bringing the music of Texas to life.
Published June 1st 2004 by Coral Press (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Lone Star Ice Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lone Star Ice Fire

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Lone Star Ice Fire
Laura Jean
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quite an interesting book. I learned a lot about the Austin music scene from the mid 1960s through the 1980s.

The sibling rivalry was very well written. I also really enjoyed how the characters' actions were tied very clearly to their emotions and thoughts. I appreciated that the author gave us that understanding.

I also really liked how the author took two female characters, both who had been sexually assaulted as young girls, and how each character took that trauma and had it affect her in com
Michael Zimmer
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This novel about the Austin music scene was written quite a few years ago, but I only recently stumbled across it in a local book store. While I don’t know a lot about the music world, it’s obvious that Brady does. That seemingly intimate knowledge of the blues/rock and roll landscape is what makes “Lone Star Ice and Fire” so compelling. A well-written story with solid, fully-developed characters and a spit-fire pace. I highly recommend this book.
Paul
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding book. Don't know when I obtained this book but I was blown away by how good it was. If you like blues music as we'll as a good story read this book ...more
Karl Kemp