Start by marking “Dead Drop (The Guild, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dead Drop (The Guild, #2)

Dead Drop

(The Guild #2)

dead drop

noun

a method of espionage tradecraft used to pass items or information between two individuals using a secret location.

All I’ve ever known is the Guild. They clothed me, fed me, raised me. They trained me. And in return I became their perfect weapon, their loyal soldier, their deadly asset. For as long as I can remember, the Guild has been my life. But now, it’s
Kindle Edition
Published March 28th 2022 (first published March 22nd 2022)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Drop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Drop

Start your review of Dead Drop (The Guild, #2)
The Romantic Rush Blog
Feb 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing
A tour de force of dynamic character writing juxtaposed with adrenaline-packed action. I have been completely captured by gritty and emotively complex Guild world. It's bold, it's edgy, it's creatively inspired, and its smashingly entertaining. I AM OBSESED with these characters and their tangled dynamic- Dead Drop is truly intoxicating from start to finish!

Per usual, I don’t want to spoil anything. And please don’t try to spoil yourself. The relationship dynamics are exactly as they should be-
Miftahul
Mar 27, 2022 rated it really liked it

This book! Ugh i have been thinking what Leon and Kai would do when they finally meet cuz those two guys are over the top possesive of their girl and i love it! and Tate made me wait a lot for their meeting! But the wait was worth a while cuz i love Danny’s moments with each one of them. She is such a badass and takes no bullshit. 😭😭Kai was my fav in the last book but now i cant decide and i can only hope that Leon and Kai gets along with each other. The ending tho! But i am not surprised by the
Lyla
Apr 03, 2022 rated it liked it
Wow. The first book was so good that I should have known that the second one would never live up to my expectations.

A whole lot of nothing happened in this book. Like, there were so many words, and yet all of the interesting stuff was just shoved into the last few chapters. There is truly no plot for the first 90% of the book other than the annoying love triangle and speaking of:

The majority of the book is just Kai and Leon fighting. And at first, I was fully understanding Danny’s mindset, like
Kristie (read_between.the_wines)
4.25 stars!!

I really enjoyed this. In pure Tate fashion this book did not disappoint. Once I started reading it, I remembered why I loved Danny so much. She's strong, fearless, powerful, badass and honestly one of the most unique FMCs I have ever read.

Luckily this book picks up IMMEDIATELY where book 1 ends. Leon, Leon, Leon. I will say book one was Kai's book. I was solely team Kai. Until this book. LEON is an obsessive, crazy man whose only goal now in life is to protect Danny. He is if you w
Brooklyn
Mar 20, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Full review coming tomorrow but holy shit that was amazing! The spice was top tier and the plot twists never stopped. Tate always pulls something crazy at the end of every book but I really didn’t see that one coming, it was completely unlike anything else she’s ever wrote!
Erin
Mar 28, 2022 rated it it was amazing
As always, Tate James leaves me absolutely REELING with her ending. I don't know that I'll ever get used to her cliffhangers, but they're both perfect and stressful. She just knows how to write characters that I consistently grow attached to, and then she proceeds to rip my heart out of my chest at every opportunity.

This series might be her most action packed yet, and Dead Drop kept me at the edge of my metaphorical seat (I definitely read this in bed wrapped in a blanket burrito) from beginnin
Maddy
Mar 28, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I most definitely blew through this book. I’ve said it before but there’s just something about Tate’s writing. You could convince me to read her shopping list. I bet she’d find a way to make it spicy too. 😂

We can start there, this book is deliciously spicy, there’s one scene that will probably live in my head rent free for the foreseeable future.

I’m loving our girl Danny and her journey as a character. She’s been under the thumb of the Guild for so long and with everything that’s happened, she
sophia
4.5! tate never ceases to shake me to my core
Lynnzie (lynnziebooks)
Mar 29, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Surprise, surprise, I read another Tate James book in one day. This series is becoming my favorite. I love this group, and their mess and banter and how feral they can be.

Danny is top tier as far as characters go, I love her and would love to be her friend (but also not because I so wouldn’t survive, I’m not built for their lives). I love how badass she is and witty, she’s either pulling a gun on someone or being incredibly sassy, and I’m here for it.

Leon and Kai action, yes please. These two a
Ash - awellreadwolf91
Mar 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing
First of all thank you Tate and PeachyKeenas for the arc!!! Spoiler free review.

Freaking Tate James...you'd think I'd learn to not binge read her books...I SHOULD know better. I did not do that obviously and I regret nothing 😂So wow...just wow...I cannot say much without giving something away. All I will say is does anyone know the name of a good therapist because I love Leon and I am pretty sure that is not a normal or healthy reaction to him 😂 Doesn't matter though because I adored him in book
caffe.and.books (Aimee)
Mar 30, 2022 rated it it was amazing
You won’t be at all surprised when I say this book was PURE GOLD!!!

She’s done it again….

Aside from saying just read the damn book these reviews are so hard 𝗕𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗨𝗦𝗘 I don’t want to ruin this brilliance for anyone.

This author continues to give use these all consuming characters and jaw dropping plots. The steam in this one make that dedication 𝗦𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠 from the rooftops 😉 Get ready for an action packed, suspense filled, steamy read with an all to famous 𝗪𝗧𝗙 𝗧𝗮𝘁𝗲 ending.

Come on June, I’m so ready
queen_of_the_books_18
Mar 30, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Does Tate James ever write a bad book? Because I’ve never read one. I don’t know what kind of crack she laces her books with but I fly through 400 pages so quickly and then cry to myself when I have to patiently wait for the next one!
Salmonella
Shelves: romances-i-loved

the ONLY love triangle that’s acceptable is in this book
Reva Dawn
Mar 23, 2022 rated it it was amazing
“If I ever catch another man laying his hands on you, I’ll kill them without question, are we clear?”

- Honey Trap 🪤 by Tate James

Wow

Tate always manages to out do her self every book.

I’m still realling from that ending. I will he back to update my review. When my brain has obsorbed it

Added :

You want alpha hole energy with a sassy lead who’s not going to take their shit? Look no further. This book has the spice and the attitude to keep you “trapped” under your cat all day!

#teamstanley
Megan LovabullBooks
Genre: Adult Organized Crime Romance
Overall Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️/5
Reading Rate: ⭐️⭐️⭐️/5 I didn’t get sucked in and devour this read like I usually do with Tate books, I think it might be my lack of connection with the characters
Steam: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5 this book was more smut heavy then plot unlike other books I have read in this world
Recommend if you like: Hades series

While this was still a good book I didn’t feel it held up to the rest of Tate’s work. don’t get me wrong it was action packed but it felt
Courtnee
Mar 24, 2022 rated it it was amazing
TATE MOTHER FUCKING JAMES HAS DONE IT AGAIN ❤️‍🔥

First of all, I was so incredibly lucky to win an ARC of Dead Drop after entering every comp possible, so thank you to the book gods for having my back and helping a sister out 😂

Let me tell you, THIS BOOK IS EVERYTHING!! ❤️‍🔥

From the very first chapter I was in an absolute chokehold and honestly felt I couldn’t read fast enough 😂 My mind was going a million miles an hour trying to keep up with everything that was happening so much so that I got no
Nikita Navalkar
Moral fiber? I don’t know her

I think it must take a certain level of brain damage to enjoy this type of book as much as I’m doing right now, but I’ve never claimed to be anything as mundane as sane. Things are dialed up to 11 in this installment as Danny is trying to unveil secrets, dodge betrayals, and keep herself alive. All while two fine af men vie for her attentions.

First of all, I have an apology to make. Leon, sorry I thought you were uninteresting at any point in this series. You my ma
Debbie Webb
Mar 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing

Before I start this review I just wanted to say thank you Tate and PeachyKeenas for providing me with an arc!

Damn. This book was crazy good! I should’ve known Tate James was going to hit me hard with the twists and turns in this book.

This book is action packed and oh so steamy! Danny is trying to figure out why a circle member wants her dead and well, obviously a lot more happens, but I won’t spoil anything… But for real though, this was such an addicting book and I am still in shock after fini
Aplis
May 02, 2022 rated it liked it
Well I just liked Danny more in the first book. This book literally made me think that Tate James wrote another Hades character. Sigh..let's be honest..MK, Hades, Danny, Kit etc. are basically the same character..just that Hades and Danny have more of a "I'm all the shit" personality.

The story didn't really progress a lot but at the same time a lot more shit happened here as opposed to book 1. It's annoying that this seemingly unemotional woman gets stuck between two guys only for her to finall
Vanessa Lorraine
Apr 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Tate James has me in a chokehold. I am absolutely obsessed with the MK/ Hades/ Guild universe she has created.

Dead Drop continues to live up to the series. This one did the perfect job with crossovers too. I loved having a little bit of Hades and MK back in the action and I really hope it continues in the series.

I am so excited for the third in the series. I will be impatiently waiting until June for its release. The plot twist at the end left me on the edge of my seat and I need the rest now!

La
Rose
Apr 11, 2022 rated it liked it
First half was decent enough albeit super OTT. Last half was soooo draggy, boring, and repetitive. I would have enjoyed this one more if it was edited down better. Felt like a lot of useless pages with the sole purpose to just get more pages in. At this point I don’t see myself continuing which is a bummer because I really liked book one in this series. The characters are lacking intimacy and depth and have turned into weird circus side show acts of the characters they were in book one.

Overall:
Bec
Dead Drop is a fabulous action-packed steamy ride from start to finish! Danger lurks behind every corner as Danny tries to figure out why a circle member wants her dead. We get some cameos from previous books and a reminder that we all need more Nadia’s Cakes! Stanley is our favorite plant and there are things I can't spoil for you all but lots of feels. The Tate signature cliffy will leave you in shock and wanting more! I can’t wait till the next book, I needs it. ...more
Lorrie
I'm Team Leon right now. Not too thrilled with Kai in this book, which surprised me. I thought there was a tad bit too much sex and I was craving more storyline. I wasn't expecting that ending at all though. ...more
Mysti (firebreathing.book.queen)
Thank you to Tate James for my e-arc in exchange for an honest review.

Okay if you’ve read Honey Trap we pick back up right where we were left…in a tail spin. This story is full of spicy content probably more than any other book by Tate to date and I was so here for it! So reader be warned if all different kink and more than like 2-3 scenes is to much for you….lol this book may not be for you. Me I love the smut and kink so I was in heaven.

The book kept me on the edge of my seat with all the secr
Miranda W
March Reading & Review
🌶🌶🌶🌶🌶
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Guild #2
Dead Drop
Authour: @tatejamesauthor

"Oh yeah. I was coming for her… No way in hell was I walking away from a woman who was clearly my soul mate. We were fucking fated"

“I hate the way you smile when you think about him, Siren. It makes me want to burn the whole fucking world down just to wipe him off the face of it. That smile is mine, and mine alone. It’s about fucking time you understood what that means.”

"My addiction for jealous, possessive men was
Kimbers_library
Jun 29, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Dead Drop (The Guild Book #2)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
🌶🌶🌶

dead drop
noun

I am a Shadow Grove wh0re to say the least, so The Guild Series is slowly becoming a new favorite! We have yet another bad@ss heroine, like Hades in comparison, yet she's also just...her own unapologetic self who has a shell that's liable to crack at any moment. Danny has been a Guild Mercenary since age 8, and that's pretty muc
Amanda Anderson (Beauty.and.the.bookies)
I must have dreamed that I wrote a review for this amazing book and didnt and now I am pooping myself (or wait is that just an Amber Heard thing?) I LOVED DANNY IN THIS BOOK! I mean I loved her in the first one but this book solidified my thinking that she is my FAVORITE Tate James heroine. I love when authors write strong baddy females but there is just something about Danny that calls to me and tells me she is a real person even though I know she isnt..God I have never been more aroused when w ...more
Jennifer G
Mar 27, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Everyone's favorite silver-haired temptress, her doting sociopaths, and of course, Stanley have returned for more murder and mayhem. The days of a mercenary are always numbered but Danny never expected the Guild to take out the contract to end her. After all, she's been nothing but a loyal, highly effective asset since she was a child which might be the exact reason they feel she needs to be eliminated. Sharpshooters, car bombs, and a little knife play all surround the dead drop.

I adore these c
Gabrielle Delacourt
Mar 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing
It’s official. Tate James has put crack into her books. Crack, sugar, coffee, magic all things addicting, it’s in here.
Before I go on my rant review, I want to thank Tate and Peachy Keen for giving me an ARC of this book. I’m sooo happy and I can’t wait for more.

Okay let’s get into it. This book is pure sex. If the dedication doesn’t tell you anything, that should. It’s so damn hot and sexy and I was smiling, blushing, and cackling all throughout.
If you are not familiar with Tate James, the G
Shani
Mar 24, 2022 rated it it was amazing
You ever have a book leave you out of breath because it feels like an action movie? Dead Drop will do that.

The story picks up exactly where Honey Trap left us hanging and the twists and turns in the story keep on coming. Dead Drop is set in the Shadow Grove world, alongside Tate James' Madison Kate and Hades series. While it is not necessary to read those to know what's going on in the Guild series, it's fun to meet some of the characters from the previous series.

Danny is still struggling to f

• Forget-Me-Not Bombshell
  • Vile Bastards (Scarlett Force, #3)
  • The Lawyer (The Dalton Brothers, # 1)
  • Society of Psychos (Dead Men Walking #2)
  • Forced Bonds (The Bonds That Tie, #4)
  • Sweet Girl
  • The Cleanup (The Cleanup, #1)
  • Omega Found (The Omega War, #1)
  • All the Wrong Things (Rights and Wrongs, #2)
  • The Right Thing to Do (Rights and Wrongs, #1)
  • Ride or Die (Rejects Paradise #4)
  • Little Green Vines
  • Maniacs (Depraved Sinners, #4)
  • Triple Threat (Deception Duet, #1)
  • The Dancer and The Masks (Their Obsession, #1)
  • Death Wish (Deception Duet, #2)
  • Deity (Boys of Winter #4)
  • Mine (Blood Ties, #1)
See top shelves…

The Guild (3 books)
  • Honey Trap (The Guild, #1)
  • Kill Order (The Guild, #3)