Start by marking “Never Gymless” as Want to Read:
Never Gymless

Never Gymless

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  160 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Never Gymless is dedicated to home-based workouts that negate the need for a fully equipped gym. If you've ever wanted to exercise at home, this book will provide you with a lifetime of challenges.

Learn about bodyweight exercise for strength, endurance, and speed. Supplemental exercises with resistance bands are also included, as well as a simplified nutritional strategy
Published 2006 by Rosstraining

To ask other readers questions about Never Gymless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Gymless

Jake
I don’t remember exactly when I got turned on to Ross Enamait. I know that it was one of my fellow training partners at Sityodtong who first brought it up, and after tracking down his website and trying a couple of the free routines, I came to the conclusion that Ross probably has a pretty good idea of what he’s talking about.

I’ve been primarily playing with his Infinite Intensity routines for the last year or so, with great results, but with a new, much larger residence, and a wackier schedule,
Vhalros
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a book listing some simple as well as very advanced exercises that can be done with very little equipment (in most cases none). Exercises are included to develop the entire body, both with max strength, explosive strength, and endurance.

For the practiced athlete, this is a very good book, and will give some great ideas about how to get a great work out with little equipment. It would also be extremely useful for a coach who needs to train athletes in a minimal equipment situation.

For beg
Michael D.
Mar 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book that I've bought as an Xmas present for five or six friends and relatives.

Enamait goes against the grain in that he isn't involved with the typical circle-jerk guru squad who write testimonials for each other. He tends to stand on his own so doesn't get as much hype as he should. It's too bad as his material is solid and he actually trains real athletes.

This book is based mostly on bodyweight exercise. Most of the exercises are self-explanatory. Some involve basic equipment, but
Ryon
Jan 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: physical-fitness
Ross Enamait is someone who practices what he preaches. He doesn't advertise gimmicky methods to get ripped or to get that beach body. He's not selling $500 workout equipment made for $.50 in China. You won't see him on late-night TV.

What you will get is ass kicking no-nonsense conditioning drills to get your ass in shape, but only if you're willing to put in the hard work and hours of time it takes.
Tom Roberts
Nov 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Good book, but I prefer Infinite Intensity by a longshot. For strictly bodyweight stuff I like Sonnen's Gymnastic Body (see my review).
Cwn_annwn_13
Dec 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I've boxed on and off since 1990 and been an athlete in one way or another my whole life but adding many of Ross Enamaits fitness ideas to my routine have helped me take my conditioning to a whole new level. Ross has a background in boxing so the focus is getting yourself in shape for combat sports. If your active in boxing, mixed martial arts, Olympic or Greco-Roman style wrestling, kickboxing or any other combat sport Ross will help you take your conditioning to a whole new level. Whereas Infi ...more
Azn
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thought about doing calisthenics once and picked up this book together with other body weight exercises books. Never Gymless is good for what it is: in its core, it deals with the creativity of coming up with different body weight exercises, from simple push to one arm handstands. There are a lot of pictures for demonstration purposes so the book isn't a big read. It outlines the idea of calisthenic and the practical path of progression any athlete or a person who simply wants to get stronger ...more
Samildanach
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In my opinion Ross has the best training programs on the planet. There are a core group of fitness books and writers that deliver beyond all the marketing hype out there. They provide you with real world results, without the cheesy salesmanship.

Ross' books are at the top of the ladder, followed closely by Coach Rippetoes Starting Strength, and K Black's Tactical Barbell. These programs will deliver without a doubt, as long as you do them.

This is Ross's bodyweight training book. It's an effectiv
Oceans
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sport
This is a great book about home training and workout. It contains some hard core exercises. It is suitable for a professional athlete as well as amateur. Introduction with exercise and explanation and pictures from basics to advanced. I found myself returning and reading some things again and again. I found it very helpful for everybody who prefers training at home.
And I kid you not - there are intense and hard workouts.

I mean look at those six-packs :)

[image error]
Mladenius
Aug 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Pretty good workout routines and plans with little to no equipment which will save you money from gym membership, good training tips, even the nutrition section is pretty solid - and also very cheap (e-book is only like 12$)
Only downside is that author gives very little information about exercise description and progression, and how to do them with proper form which will be downside for total beginners
  • Building The Gymnastic Body: The Science of Gymnastics Strength Training
  • Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
  • Olympic Weightlifting: A Complete Guide For Athletes & Coaches
  • The Naked Warrior: Master the Secrets of the Super-Strong - Using Bodyweight Exercises Only
  • Practical Programming for Strength Training
  • Stretching
  • Never Let Go: A Philosophy of Lifting, Living and Learning
  • Science and Practice of Strength Training - 2nd Edition
  • Convict Conditioning 2: Advanced Prison Training Tactics for Muscle Gain, Fat Loss, and Bulletproof Joints
  • You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible Of Bodyweight Exercises For Men And Women
  • The Archive
  • Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar, and Survival
  • Karate-Do Kyohan: The Master Text
  • Art of Attention: Book One
  • Becoming a Supple Leopard: The Ultimate Guide to Resolving Pain, Preventing Injury, and Optimizing Athletic Performance
  • The Parkour and Freerunning Handbook