Start by marking “Never Gymless” as Want to Read:
Never Gymless

Never Gymless

Never Gymless is dedicated to home-based workouts that negate the need for a fully equipped gym. If you've ever wanted to exercise at home, this book will provide you with a lifetime of challenges.

Learn about bodyweight exercise for strength, endurance, and speed. Supplemental exercises with resistance bands are also included, as well as a simplified nutritional strategy
Published 2006 by Rosstraining

To ask other readers questions about Never Gymless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Gymless

Start your review of Never Gymless
Vhalros
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a book listing some simple as well as very advanced exercises that can be done with very little equipment (in most cases none). Exercises are included to develop the entire body, both with max strength, explosive strength, and endurance.

For the practiced athlete, this is a very good book, and will give some great ideas about how to get a great work out with little equipment. It would also be extremely useful for a coach who needs to train athletes in a minimal equipment situation.

For beg
Jake
I don’t remember exactly when I got turned on to Ross Enamait. I know that it was one of my fellow training partners at Sityodtong who first brought it up, and after tracking down his website and trying a couple of the free routines, I came to the conclusion that Ross probably has a pretty good idea of what he’s talking about.

I’ve been primarily playing with his Infinite Intensity routines for the last year or so, with great results, but with a new, much larger residence, and a wackier schedule,
Michael D.
Mar 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book that I've bought as an Xmas present for five or six friends and relatives.

Enamait goes against the grain in that he isn't involved with the typical circle-jerk guru squad who write testimonials for each other. He tends to stand on his own so doesn't get as much hype as he should. It's too bad as his material is solid and he actually trains real athletes.

This book is based mostly on bodyweight exercise. Most of the exercises are self-explanatory. Some involve basic equipment, but
Tom Roberts
Nov 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Good book, but I prefer Infinite Intensity by a longshot. For strictly bodyweight stuff I like Sonnen's Gymnastic Body (see my review).
Ryon
Jan 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: physical-fitness
Ross Enamait is someone who practices what he preaches. He doesn't advertise gimmicky methods to get ripped or to get that beach body. He's not selling $500 workout equipment made for $.50 in China. You won't see him on late-night TV.

What you will get is ass kicking no-nonsense conditioning drills to get your ass in shape, but only if you're willing to put in the hard work and hours of time it takes.
Sohini
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short and informative read on the basics of home workouts. Ross gives a succinct overview of the most commonly used exercises, training plans, circuit training methods he has used and talks straight to the point. It's an easy, digestible, and comprehensive book for anyone who has been into fitness or has just started out in their journey.
Christos Andreev
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
great book! I train with free weights and this book provide me with a new perspctive on lifting.
Caleb Mah
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Practical and applicable advice for athletes of all levels.
Cwn_annwn_13
Dec 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I've boxed on and off since 1990 and been an athlete in one way or another my whole life but adding many of Ross Enamaits fitness ideas to my routine have helped me take my conditioning to a whole new level. Ross has a background in boxing so the focus is getting yourself in shape for combat sports. If your active in boxing, mixed martial arts, Olympic or Greco-Roman style wrestling, kickboxing or any other combat sport Ross will help you take your conditioning to a whole new level. Whereas Infi ...more
Azn
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thought about doing calisthenics once and picked up this book together with other body weight exercises books. Never Gymless is good for what it is: in its core, it deals with the creativity of coming up with different body weight exercises, from simple push to one arm handstands. There are a lot of pictures for demonstration purposes so the book isn't a big read. It outlines the idea of calisthenic and the practical path of progression any athlete or a person who simply wants to get stronger ...more
Samildanach
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In my opinion Ross has the best training programs on the planet. There are a core group of fitness books and writers that deliver beyond all the marketing hype out there. They provide you with real world results, without the cheesy salesmanship.

Ross' books are at the top of the ladder, followed closely by Coach Rippetoes Starting Strength, and K Black's Tactical Barbell. These programs will deliver without a doubt, as long as you do them.

This is Ross's bodyweight training book. It's an effectiv
Oceans
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sport
This is a great book about home training and workout. It contains some hard core exercises. It is suitable for a professional athlete as well as amateur. Introduction with exercise and explanation and pictures from basics to advanced. I found myself returning and reading some things again and again. I found it very helpful for everybody who prefers training at home.
And I kid you not - there are intense and hard workouts.

I mean look at those six-packs :)

[image error]
Mladenius
Aug 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Pretty good workout routines and plans with little to no equipment which will save you money from gym membership, good training tips, even the nutrition section is pretty solid - and also very cheap (e-book is only like 12$)
Only downside is that author gives very little information about exercise description and progression, and how to do them with proper form which will be downside for total beginners
Patrick
Apr 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fitness enthusiasts
This book focuses on bodyweight training. The title is self-revealing: the book shows the reader how to achieve fitness without the need to go to a gym. You can achieve truly amazing feats with your body alone. It encompasses many different aspects of human fitness, such as strength training, conditioning training and more. It also has a section about proper nutrition. All in all it's a very good guide to working out!
Doc Octagon
Dec 12, 2014 rated it liked it
An excellent book, but Infinite Intensity is far superior. If you're specifically in the market for body weight training this is a much more effective program than Convict Conditioning or some of the other popular BW books.
Jonathan Clingenpeel
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book
Mikel
Jan 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
If you want to get in shape. This book tells how to do it. No gimmicks. No sales pitch.
Andrew
Dec 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Fairly decent book on how to achieve results with only equipment found at home. Unfortunately most of the information can now be found entirely for free on the author's blog.
Brian Glass
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great reference of body-weight (mostly) exercises and different ways to train your body.
Ace
Jul 16, 2014 rated it liked it
A great resource for tough exercise routines, but his nutrition section is one giant pseudo-scientific rant that belongs in a conspiracy theorist forum.
Diógenes Fernandes
Fathy Sroor
Feb 23, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Kettlebell - Simple & Sinister
  • Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
  • What Doesn't Kill Us: How Freezing Water, Extreme Altitude and Environmental Conditioning will Renew our Lost Evolutionary Strength
  • Convict Conditioning: How to Bust Free of All Weakness Using the Lost Secrets of Supreme Survival Strength
  • Becoming a Supple Leopard: The Ultimate Guide to Resolving Pain, Preventing Injury, and Optimizing Athletic Performance
  • Intervention, Course Corrections for the Athlete and Trainer
  • Tao of Jeet Kune Do
  • Tactical Barbell II: Conditioning
  • Can You Go?: Assessments and Program Design for the Active Athlete and Everybody Else
  • Convict Conditioning 2: Advanced Prison Training Tactics for Muscle Gain, Fat Loss, and Bulletproof Joints
  • The Naked Warrior: Master the Secrets of the Super-Strong - Using Bodyweight Exercises Only
  • Bodyweight Strength Training Anatomy
  • Easy Strength: How to Get a Lot Stronger Than Your Competition-And Dominate in Your Sport
  • Tactical Barbell Presents: Ageless Athlete
  • Super Joints: Russian Longevity Secrets for Pain-Free Movement, Maximum Mobility & Flexible Strength
  • Raising The Bar: The Definitive Guide to Pull-Up bar Calisthenics