Start by marking “Once Upon a Valentine's” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Valentine's

Once Upon a Valentine's

(American Dads #3)

Planning the Erie Elementary Valentine's dance is as close as Carly Lewis intends to come to romance. In fact, the once-burned single mom has vowed to stay far away from the flame. Until her shed literally goes up in smoke. And once she meets irresistible Lieutenant Charles Jefferson, that isn't all that's catching fire....

Chuck never thought he'd find a woman willing to
Published February 10th 2009 by Harlequin American Romance (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Valentine's, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon a Valentine's

Start your review of Once Upon a Valentine's
Harlequin Historical
Full of love and laughter.

Carly Lewis has lots of titles, mom, ex-wife, student, friend, PTA social committe planner, and one she gives herself, accidental arsonist. She didn't mean to set her neighbors shed on fire and she tried to explain this to the judge but he didn't want to listen. Instead she now has to add community service to her long list of things to do. She is to work with Lt. Charles Jefferson and go to schools talking about fire safety. Why did it have to be with the officer who
Love
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful Romance

This is an unexpected journey to love with two people understanding that loving someone and being independent does mean you can't have it all if you truly want enough to work for it.
Diane Bailey
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and Fun

Would probably read more of her stories even though there was a little steam. It was very clear that the characters were having sex but there were no graphically descriptive sex scenes
Beth
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3rd in a series holiday romance. I had read the 2nd of the series at Christmas time, and followed up with this one for Valentine's day. As with the previous book, I liked almost everything about the book. I liked the characters, and that there were kids in the story. I liked Carly and her seeking to become independent. This book, like the last, was a technically clean romance, but as in the other book, these otherwise responsible people decided to take it to the bedroom for a no-strings fling. I ...more
Christina Astorga
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a nice, sweet read. Enjoyable
Pam Jackson-gorsline
Colors

This is a fun story with many twists and turns that keeps you reading. The characters were well developed and interesting.
Nancy
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this sappy series.
Bernie
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once Upon a Valentine's review

Once Upon a Valentine's is the third sweet romance in the P. T. A. Moms series written by author Holly Jacobs.
Mary E
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

I enjoyed this. There was some humor, not the stupid unbelievable but the realistic truly funny humor. I recommend this book.
Janga
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the first two in the series better, but this one was a quick, cute read.
Frances Tobin
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Giving love a chance

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The characters and the plot were warm and endearing. I read it in one night as it really held my interest.
JoAnne
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Carly caught her husband on the couch that she searched for months to find when she was redecorating his office with his secretary. She was crushed. They divorced but she got the couch in the settlement. She had him bring it into the backyard and then she set it on fire. It was her way of trying to get rid of the bitter feelings. But she overdid it and set her shed on fire which led to her neighbor's shed being burned too. She paid her neighbor for the damage but she was still in trouble. She ...more
Nicole
Sep 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2009
Okay, everything I said about the other two books in this series and more. I love Holly's books! I couldn't stop reading them and so wish that this series wasn't finished. Maybe if I'm lucky she'll write some more with some of the other secondary characters in there. :-) In any case these books are not only on my keeper shelf, they are on the reread shelf. :-) I loved all three.
Shelley
Feb 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sheila
Shelves: chicklitromance
Last in the trilogy. Now this one was awesome, much like the first. Great characters, great building of romance, some really funny scenes. I read most of it straight through in the bath and finished it shortly after because I wanted to see how they got to the inevitable resolution. Good stuff.
Miccilina Piraino
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Ending to the Trilogy

This story was charming, full of fun and humor, packed with favorite characters from the previous stories and a really great wrap-up for the trilogy. I loved the characters of Chuck and Carly, her children and her close friends.
Sharon Helfrich
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Final one in the series by this Erie author. I really enjoy Jacobs' writing, she develops characters well and includes characters from previous books as important characters.
Amy Wright
Feb 22, 2018
Offauna
Jul 05, 2012
Emma Steingraber
rated it did not like it
May 15, 2015
Feb 16, 2018
Elena Hannason
Oct 08, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Just Breathe (The Protectors #2)
  • Hometown Girl After All (Hometown #2)
  • Guarding His Best Friend's Sister (Deuces Wild, #2)
  • Hometown Girl Forever (Hometown #3)
  • Stryder (The Billionaire Cowboys of Clearwater County #1)
  • Ghost of Summer
  • Yours, With Love (Finding Love, #5)
  • Craving Heat (Steele Ridge: The Kingstons, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Secret Marriage (The Limitless Clean Billionaire Romance Series #1)
  • Dreaming of You (Magnolia Valley, #1)
  • Right Under My Nose
  • Pit Stop: Baby! (Crescent Cove, #4)
  • Forgotten Angel (Northstar Angels, #4)
  • Falling For You (Sapphire Bay, #1)
  • November Homecoming: A Yearly, Texas Romance (The Yearly, Texas Romance Series Book 1)
  • As You Turn Away (The Walker Boys #1)
  • Colton (Kentucky Green, #1)
  • Caroline Explains: A sweet & sassy romance! (Poet, Oregon Book 2)
Holly Jacobs leads a life full of romance and adventure. From skydiving to jet-setting around Europe, from snorkeling in coral reefs to writing while wearing beautiful silk peignoir sets and popping chocolate bonbons, Holly Jacobs leads a life that is the epitome of romance...

Well, my fictional life sounds more interesting, but not better than my real life. Really, I'm the happily married mother

American Dads (5 books)
  • Just One Thing
  • Once Upon a Thanksgiving
  • Once Upon A Christmas (American Dads, #2)
  • Julia Weihnachten 2012: Weihnachtsengel sucht Märchenprinz / Ich wünsch mir einen Kuss von dir / Fest der Liebe, Fest des Glücks (Julia Weihnachten, #25) (Trading Places, #1) (PTA Moms, #2) (The Hunt for Cinderella, #6)