Start by marking “Always Watching (The Rayne Tour, #1)” as Want to Read:
Always Watching (The Rayne Tour, #1)

Always Watching (The Rayne Tour #1)

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  772 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
This daughter of a rock star has it all until murder crashes her world.
The exciting and suspenseful Rayne Tour series features sixteen-year-old Shaley OConnor, on tour with her mothers popular band. Shaley lives in a whirlwind of backstage secrets, hotels, and limos. With beauty and fame of her own, Shaley wants for nothing except the one thing she cant have.
During a co
Published May 10th 2009 by Zondervan (first published April 21st 2009)

Laura Kreitzer
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who are dense.
For whatever reason, my review on audible was cut off, and there is no way to edit it. So here's the full rant, because I feel like readers should be fully warned about the cringe-worthy writing in this laughable excuse of a novel (that's actually the size of a novella, really). I don't know what these other high-praise reviewers read, but it couldn't possibly be the same thing I did. I mean really, I feel ashamed of mankind, actually embarrassed that people think this is good writing. Just show ...more
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“This daughter of a rock star has it all—until murder crashes her world.
The exciting and suspenseful Rayne Tour series features sixteen-year-old Shaley O’Connor, on tour with her mother’s popular band. Shaley lives in a whirlwind of backstage secrets, hotels, and limos. With beauty and fame of her own, Shaley wants for nothing … except the one thing she can’t have. During a concert, sixteen-year-old Shaley O’Connor stumbles upon the body of a friend backstage.
Is Tom Hutchens’ d
Rebecca
Jul 09, 2009 rated it it was ok
SPOILERS I was thrilled to win this book on goodreads, firstreads and looked forward to reading it. Unfortunately, this book fell short on my expectations. I didn't realize that it was a YA/Christian read, which really didn't matter. The Christian angle was just there, almost if it was put in as an after thought. The story lacked substance and there was little to no character development. The ending was just bizarre, I had to re-read the beginning to remind myself who the killer was...he was su ...more
Natalie
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
YA thrillers are my jam, so I was excited to pick this one up. It’s about a girl named Shayley who is the daughter of a famous singer. In the middle of her mother’s concert tour, someone is murdered.

I thought the murder mystery was well done with plenty of red herrings. I didn’t suspect the perpetrator at all so that made reading much more exciting.

Overall I enjoyed this one and I am excited for book 2 - that was quite the cliffhanger!
Shae Petersen
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it
(view spoiler)
Chris Curtis
Aug 15, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christian
I got this book free after reading about it on the nook blog. It was described as a modern Nancy Drew where teenage Shaley investigates the death of a friend. However Shaley isn't even close to being a teen detective. She spends time thinking about events that happen to her and information the police tell her but doesn't really do any sleuthing. This book is more of a teen thriller than a mystery. The story ends abruptly and continues in the second book. The murderer is revealed but the details ...more
Alaina
It started out really good but it then when got slow but then picked back up. I recommend it. My full review is at http://bookreviewsandwallpapers.blogs...
Jerry
Mar 04, 2016 rated it liked it
A good story, and decently written...but a lot of wasted space.
Jacquelyn Skahill
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Sophomoric at best. Kept thinking of junior high school students writing their hearts out with trite similes yet great intentions.
Amy
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
The story was ok. The editing issues sometimes made a sentence weird. I'm not sure how there can be another book. Not a big enough cliff hanger to make me want to read the next book.
What's The Name o...: Teen Book From POV of daughter of a female rockstar [s] 3 36 Oct 23, 2012 09:06PM
Live Like a Rockstar Contest 1 17 May 29, 2009 08:29AM
  • Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #2)
  • My Beautiful Disaster (The Pathway Collection, #2)
  • Katy's New World (Katy Lambright Series, #1)
  • Mixed Bags (Carter House Girls, #1)
  • Lucy Doesn't Wear Pink (Lucy #1)
  • Chosen Ones (Aedyn Chronicles #1)
  • A Flower Blooms on Charlotte Street
  • Dead Reckoning
  • Lie Down in Green Pastures (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #3)
  • The Malacca Conspiracy
  • Hour of the Hunter (Walker Family, #1)
  • A Nail Through the Heart
  • Purple Knot (Shades of Hope, #1)
  • The Incumbent (Madison Glenn #1)
  • Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help
  • Northfield
  • Scent (Sensations, #1)
Brandilyn Collins is a best-selling novelist known for her trademark Seatbelt Suspense®--fast-paced, character-driven suspense with myriad twists and an interwoven thread of faith.

Brandilyn is also known for her distinctive book on fiction-writing techniques, Getting Into Character: Seven Secrets a Novelist Can Learn From Actors (John Wiley & Sons). She is a sought-after teacher and speaker a
More about Brandilyn Collins...

The Rayne Tour (3 books)
  • Last Breath (The Rayne Tour, #2)
  • Final Touch (The Rayne Tour, #3)