Start by marking “Otomen, Tome 3” as Want to Read:
Otomen, Tome 3

Otomen, Tome 3 (Otomen #3)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  1,359 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Asuka, l’otomen, sous la demande de Ryô, accepte de travailler à mi-temps dans une crèche. Mais pour ne pas avoir une mauvaise influence sur les enfants, il va devoir redoubler d’efforts pour se montrer viril et masculin devant eux. Jûta, de son côté, commence à s’inquiéter de l’absence d’évolution dans la relation de ses deux amis...
Published January 14th 2009 by Delcourt (first published September 19th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Otomen, Tome 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Otomen, Tome 3

Sesana
I'm still enjoying Otomen. It's so fluffy and silly, but I can't help myself. I think it's because I like Asuka so much. When Ryo is actually allowed to do something, she can be pretty interesting, but the manga is so much more about Asuka that she's really on the outskirts.
Jo
Oct 17, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh Otomen, I know you're not technically *good* but you're such bad candy. My fondness for you will keep me buying even though I know it's just 45 reading minutes of pure fluff and silliness. Bless your perfectly starched and frilly apron strings.
Rachel A.
So this is the third book of the series Otomen by Aya Kanno. I enjoyed reading it more than the other ones, mainly because of the characters in this story. There are spoilers in this review so please at least have read the first book before reading this or if you aren't planning on reading the series.

So as a quick overview: Asuka is a cool, stoic guy who is hiding something. He, in fact is an Otomen! This means that he is a very girl guy, who loves knitting and sewing and baking and cooking! How
Alex
Jan 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Some more secrets have come out and revealing their true colours! Not much progress on the romantic front which is good. I can see all the TV series' actors as I read which is also fun,
Mercedes McLean-Wheeler
Plot progression is on the slow side, but I can almost forgive it because the author inserts a number of meta-jokes about the romance developing painfully slowly. I liked that we got a chapter where we got to know Juta better.
Anna Ryan-Punch
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-2017
This series is the fluffiest piece of fluffy candy and I'm enjoying every minute of it.
Sara
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So cute! I love the part at the end. Poor Asuka doesn't have to feel totally alone anymore.
Poly Purple
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, manga
Me encanta que Tachibana sea tan preocupado por esta pareja, pero al mismo tiempo me divierte mucho ver como a pesar de todos sus esfuerzos por que ellos avancen como pareja termina siempre metido en el medio.

Es bueno ver que hay otro Otomen en la historia, probablemente era algo necesario para que avanzara un poco y las situaciones no se volvieran tan monótonas, además de dar un pequeño giro y una nueva perspectiva de los Otomen.

Esta vez mi internet esta yendo un poco más rápido así que se me e
Marsha
Asuka is thrown into a children’s nursery where once again he gets to show his nurturing nature along with his tough-guy machismo. He also goes to an amusement park, urged on by the ever-present Juta, in order to spur his lagging romance with Ryo. As usual, nothing goes quite as planned.

However, this volume shifts attention in the middle from Asuka’s nowhere relationship with Ryo to the supposed fifth wheel in their triumvirate: the sassy, flirtatious Juta. There is an air of mystery about Juta
Charlotte
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Spoilers*

I find Otomen to be a heartwarming read. We're introduced to Hajime Tonomine, Asuka's kendo rival, who in fact happens to be more similar to him than what he appears! Tonomine and Asuka dress as samurai (who look kinda like power rangers) to entertain the kids at a beauty event and then they help transform a girl in a makeover because Nikko sensei is running late. Asuka alters the outfit to look more interesting and Hajime is like a stylist doing her hair and makeup. It was hilarious w
Georgina Howlett
I loved this volume. Everything was just so perfect and a really like the character development going on - we're really starting to learn stuff now about the three main characters. I loved all of the new people we're meeting, too; there have been some truly interesting introductions. I liked Asuka's kendo rival, especially - though he claimed that Asuka was his enemy, the two of them actually have quite a lot in common and it's great to see.

The only part which confused me in the volume was the p
Susan
I still can't figure out why Asuka is so head over heels for Ryo. Obviously there's supposed to be something there, because a whole nation is swooning over the manga based on their "romance", but I just don't see the connection. I think you could replace Ryo with almost any other girl and the story would stay the same. They don't know much about each other; Ryo doesn't seem to be too interested in learning more and Asuka is too reserved or shy or whatever to even ask her out without a lot of pro ...more
Sophia F
Minor spoilers...
Strangely enough, I really want to read "Love Chick," just because of seeing these tiny sections of the storyline.
Asuka helps Ryo with daycare and learns he doesn't need to be the cliche father figure. Then he finally gets the courage to ask Ryo out, (but that still doesn't seem to have changed anything), and makes a truce with another effeminate kendo captain, and finally we follow the beloved Juta in his mysterious ways.
I have to admit, Juta Tachibana is my favorite character
Amber Binion
I liked it. Volume 3 is the first volume that I've read (I need to check out 1 and 2).

I must say though, that the manga artist really needs to work on her expressions. It's like reading a festival of dead faces and barely visible emotions. The story and concept itself seems interesting, just the characters facial expressions seem severely deadpan. Asuka is adorable!
scarlettraces
i have a bit of a love-hate relationship with Otomen. i really like some bits and find other bits more than ordinarily irritating. (on consultation with people who unreservedly like it, turns out i tend to like the bits they aren't so keen on. so i'm clearly missing something.) about half of this volume was pretty good, which is a better ratio than some manga i've read.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This one was really good. The art is very well drawn and the food Asuka makes looks so good. I kept thinking, ask her out, confess your feelings. Reminds me of Kimi ni Todoke a little bit. Shyness part anyway. Still liking the series so far. What will happen next?
Coleen (bookismahmiddlename)
*5/5 starts!* ((Again. XD))
I just love this manga so much!'i love the characters, the story, EVERYTHING! :D
It was kinda predictable at some parts, but I think I don't have the strength to give this a lower rating. It's soo good. T.T
Rebecca Ann
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
:), love this series. It is repetitive, but never fails to make me laugh. I like how all the traits I find most impressive in men are the ones this character is ashamed of (cooking, creativity, childcare...).
Mariah
Aug 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Asuka would be a wonderful mother. It's a treat to see him watching all those kids and displaying his talents. tonomine, cosmetics extraordinaire with a grudge against Asuka considering him his enemy.
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca bulan Januari 2009.
Lydia Smedry
Oct 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh. My. Gosh. Did anyone else get what they were wearing at the end?!?!?! Probably not... It was a historical Japanese groups of swordsmen's uniform!!! AAIIEEE~! Shinsengumi made it in!
Cindy
Nov 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that this book is about a touching feeling about his childhood live that made him into a girl.
Meleofa
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So cute and sweet.
Sarah Evans
May 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is slowly growing on me.
Michael (Mai)
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is just so cute. I love Asuka and Ryo. We finally see a development in their relationship. This may be my favorite volume so far. I'm also digging the new character and effeminate rival.
Becky
Mar 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-manga
I freaking love this series...it's too darn cute!
Alyssa
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
super funny! love that they made a story for juta and an introduction of a new character! ryo and asuka though
rabbit-heart
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, 2014
Read Oct 4, 2012
Read Feb 16, 2014
ArdnAskelA
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, bibli-paris
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Qu'est-ce qu'il est mignon Asuka entouré de tous ces petits gamins! *ç*
Haha, et Juta qui sèche pour son manga à cause du couple qui n'est pas tout à fait XD
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 2  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)
  • Honey Hunt, Vol. 5
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 2
  • La Corda d'Oro, Volume 5
  • High School Debut, Vol. 06 (High School Debut, #6)
  • Cat Street, Vol. 3 (Cat Street #3)
  • Happy Café, Volume 14
  • Basara, Vol. 2
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 4
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Vol. 10
  • Butterflies, Flowers, Vol. 2 (Butterflies, Flowers, #2)
Aya Kanno (菅野 文; Kanno Aya) is a Japanese shōjo manga artist. She is the former assistant of mangaka Masashi Asaki of Psychometrer Eiji fame. Her debut was in the January 2001 issue of Hana to Yume with Soul Rescue. Thus far, her work has only been serialized in Hakusensha's shōjo manga anthologies: Hana to Yume, The Hana to Yume, Hana to Yume Plus, and now primarily in Bessatsu Hana to Yume, in w ...more
More about Aya Kanno...

Otomen (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Otomen, Vol. 1 (Otomen, #1)
  • Otomen, Vol. 2 (Otomen, #2)
  • Otomen, Vol. 4 (Otomen, #4)
  • Otomen, Vol. 5 (Otomen, #5)
  • Otomen, Vol. 6 (Otomen, #6)
  • Otomen, Vol. 7 (Otomen, #7)
  • Otomen, Vol. 8 (Otomen, #8)
  • Otomen, Vol. 9 (Otomen, #9)
  • Otomen, Vol. 10 (Otomen, #10)
  • Otomen, Vol. 11 (Otomen, #11)