Start by marking “Mixed Blessings” as Want to Read:
Mixed Blessings

Mixed Blessings

After the wedding of Diana Goode and Andrew Douglas, Diana teases that they will make a baby on their honeymoon. But long afterward, she is still not pregnant. As Diana and Andrew wait out each month only to be bitterly disappointed, they are forced to question just how much they are willing to go through to have a baby.

Charlie Winwood dreams of a house filled with childre
Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Published May 30th 2006 by Dell (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Mixed Blessings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mixed Blessings

Start your review of Mixed Blessings
Suzanne
In usual DS fashion, I enjoyed an easy read, three intertwining stories of couples and their different experience of infertility. Nothing at all challenging, but still lots of moments when I felt close to the characters, and cared about what happened to them.
Marla
Feb 04, 2009 rated it liked it
Three couples living charmed lives in California marry on the same day. The couples are diffrent ages and backgrounds but all face the decision about having children. This will test their ties as partners and friends. They go through stormy times, tears, withdrawal, and bitterness. Their lives, goals and their feelings about family are on the line before coming to a happy ending. Many twists and surprises. I did not like this book as much as others she has written.
ABookishRainbowSanctuary Nat
I have been a fan of the movie for years and years. I love all the Danielle Steel movies to be honest which makes is so strange that I haven’t read the books! Now after reading the book, I can say that I loved both versions. Of course, the movie has a time limit so I can always understand why books a something different to the book. But I loved the movie that much already, that when I read the book and loved the whole story even more because there were bits in there that didn’t happen in the mov ...more
Cheryl
May 02, 2012 rated it liked it
I actually skipped parts of this book. There were actually three stories involved and I was not reading Pilar and Brad's part. Lol. I did enjoy the every-now-and-then twisty moments in the novel though. And Danielle Steel really proves to be an author who can produce such heart-warming stories. It's a lovely tale that lets you believe that blessings are everywhere if we just stop and try to take a look at them. ...more
Julie Hoffpauir
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book seriously depressed me...Three different couples, three different types of lifestyles and ages, three different ways to feel about the couples..

I felt a lot of rage toward Diana and how she treated Andy when all he was trying to do was help. I cried for poor Charlie because of that witch Barb he married. I felt so heartbroken for Pilar and Brad because of her decided so late in her life to have a child and then the heartbreak after...but I enjoyed the story a lot.
Robin
Jun 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I Love this story...I've read this book many times. It reminds me of my own infertility troubles and those of others. Reading it this time, I was touched by Charlies story of growing up in an orphanage and finally aging out and not being adopted because of his asthma. I've often thought of adoption and maybe one day that is a road we will travel. ...more
Narmadharayaru
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Nice book, Danielle expressed the feeling of of the couple who are longing for the baby and the happiness when it arrives. She captured each moments of the couples around this title. It never looks like story..its all collection of real incidents in most of the life
Debbie
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was so depressing. I don’t have children, so I have to wonder if women who have experienced infertility issues and experienced miscarriages find it depressing, or do they find it comforting to know that there are other options and possibly miracles. I’m also curious if the happy endings that two of them experienced are likely, or are they purely fiction to create a happy ending. I disliked Diana and felt sorry for Andy. I most identified with Pilar because I decided early on that I did ...more
Jenn Mull
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
This seems like a pretty standard story—characters are introduced, disaster strikes, but in the end [mostly] everything turns out okay. It was a combination of three separate stories of couples dealing with the decision, and ability, to have kids. Overall, the story was interesting; it was an easy read. I was mildly surprised that the stories never collided, but of course, that's not really an issue.

As for Danielle's writing—awful, repetitive, simple, and uneducated. My biggest problem was her e
X
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Every since I was a teenager in the mid 90s I used to write down the date of finishing a book, add location and time [in secs]. I guess I was paving the way for my goodreads account to be so accurate.

One of those books is this one.

I marked it for few months as to read, since I forgot part of the plot, but then decided against doing that, since the topic is not interesting to me at this time.

Danielle Steel was my top favorite author growing up, and Palamino is still one of my all time favs.
Ashley O'Donnell
Feb 04, 2021 rated it it was ok
This book was given to me, so I read it. I have read many Danielle Steel books, most which I have enjoyed! This one, well, the topic of pregnancy, especially going to extremes to become pregnant, just isn’t for me. There were three stories going on in this book and the only one I even halfway liked was that of Charlie. Blah. Next.
Mary
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this novel as I do all Danielle Steel novels!!!

I love all of Danielle's novels. She really knows how to weave a story. It as sad and a happy ending too. I will read all of Danielle's novels.
Connlou Ross
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
(c)1992 The main theme of the book was family, marriage, infidelity, love and understanding. Characters from lawyers, actress, judge and housewives. A very touching book when it broached on topics such as problems having a child.
Ann
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: danielle-steel
This is one of my most favorite novels by this author. On a beautiful Southern California day, three couples get married.
What will they do, concerning starting or adding to their family? Available from the national Library service. The lifetime movie for this book was pretty good.
LAVA
Dec 30, 2020 rated it did not like it
Iolanda
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I read this years ago, probably my favourite of hers, it kicked me in the feels a lot.
Lorelle
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again Danielle Steele writes a book that I could not put down.

Three families, three total different circumstances, one amazing outcome.
☆☆Heather
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!
Sylvia
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!! great story!! love this author's books!! ...more
Joya Morales
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good book
Sana Merchant
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
I couldn’t complete. It was like reading a ‘how to conceive’ book.
Kari Dianne Masengale
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My all time fave I have read 100s of times
Crystal Medley
Not her best. I had to push to finish
Tina Barr
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
One of my favorite books that Danielle Steel wrote going to read it again
Cíntia

• Every Breath You Take: A True Story of Obsession, Revenge, and Murder
  • Cleanskin Cowgirls
  • He Sees You When You're Sleeping
See top shelves…
Danielle Steel has been hailed as one of the world’s bestselling authors, with almost a billion copies of her novels sold. Her many international bestsellers include All That Glitters, Royal, Daddy’s Girls, The Wedding Dress, The Numbers Game, Moral Compass, Spy, and other highly acclaimed novels. She is also the author of His Bright Light, the story of her son Nick Traina’s life and death; A Gift ...more