Start by marking “Pretty Secrets (Pretty Little Dead Girl, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pretty Secrets (Pretty Little Dead Girl, #1)

Pretty Secrets

(Pretty Little Dead Girl #1)

Pledging the most powerful secret society in the world was always going to be difficult. Their Trials are legendary. Dangerous. Testing candidates in ways no one imagines.

But what I don’t count on is being grouped together with three men who might hinder my real purpose.

The tatted, reckless “black sheep” would rather ruin me than build me up.

The royal bad boy’s stalker-lik
Kindle Edition
Published February 11th 2022

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Secrets

Start your review of Pretty Secrets (Pretty Little Dead Girl, #1)
Annasbook nook
Feb 11, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Talk about intense!! and that bloody cliffhanger gahhhhhh.
Eden starts at Carnegie University. A prestigious place to learn.
Here she ends up in the running to be one of the legendary Knights, all the while hunting for her twin sister's killer.
She has to join alliances with three other people who will help her on her road to becoming a knight.
A gripping plot with shocking scenes. Many spicy scenes will leave you drooling.
Now I need book 2 asap.
Note triggers.
If you like Dark Society-themed roman
Cheria
Whaaaaat 😱 that cliffy tho

I have so many questions - my mind is spinning 😵😆😅 initial thoughts while I figure out a coherent review

This story hooked me throughout. Love love love having the Multi-POV. I am loving the secrets and mystery. I'm totally digging these characters and can't wait to see what's next for them 👀
Heather
While reading this I'm completely torn between loving Eden, Oliver, Alaric and Leo's story and wanting more of Delilah and Keegan (& maybe Tim).

I want to be all in with this story but I'm feeling like there's too much leftover from Hush, Hush.

Aside from those feelings, I love the beginning of the Pretty Little Dead Girl series and I also love everything I've read by E.M. Moore. I can't wait for this ride to continue!!
Feb 26, 2022 rated it liked it
So this book had good writing and you like all the characters, but I’m just not getting why Eden is on a mission to find out about her dead sister Delilah, has her boxes from her dorm room and takes WEEKS to go through them, I mean, wasn’t that the point of her being with the Knights? To get her sisters info and get some dirt on them? I personally think she did a crappy job at trying to dig deeper. Not a bad book but not great either because of that, I expected her to find more about her dead si ...more
Basak
Feb 14, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I floved Pretty Secrets by E.M. Moore as expected❤️ I truly dreaded the ending, kept checking how many pages left and stressed over saying goodbye even for the time being. It had everything I wished for in a book;

💋reverse harem
💋3 insanely hot, cocky and different men (one
happens to be a prince 😉)
💋a healthy dose of voyeurism (hawt🌶🌶🌶)
💋secret society and trials
💋secrets and betrayals
💋strong heroine who knows what she wants and
likes in her personal life
💋plot full of suspense

My opinion; definit
Mandy’s Book Reviews
Feb 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this authors writing! This was a amazing beginning to this thrilling suspenseful story it’s full of twists and turns a murder mystery, secret societies excellent chemistry this story had it all! AND THAT ENDING!!! Brutal cliffhanger I can’t wait for the next book!
Cheryl Sedman
Feb 17, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Head exploding, freaking awesome read

Omg that cliffhanger ending has blown my head to pieces!!!!!

This book starts out from the pov of Leo, which gives you just a hint of what's to come. Then we meet Edie who is at her sisters funeral. This is when she decides she's going to find out who killed her sister.
We get to meet Prince Oliver when she gets to her sisters college and from here things just take flight. As they both get invited to join the Knights, this is when all the mind bending twists c
Robin Powers
Feb 07, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Robin Powers for The Smut-Brarians Blog

This freaking story has me in its grip and I can’t escape Eden and the guys. My emotions are seriously running wild. After I read the prequel, I wasn’t quite sure what really happened. I didn’t want to believe the cruelty and consequences. But with the secrets and insane trials in this book...the Knights are a demented and evil organization. Who can you trust? Keegan...the fiancé? Alaric the knight assigned for her “safety”? Leo the bad boy who’
FS Meurinne
Feb 21, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rh, reviews, college, arc, 2022
You need to read this if you like RH, if you like secret societies, love mystery, secrets, betrayals, royals, and suspense. This series started with an amazing bang, so word reading, there is a lot going on, one cliffhanger that is killing me, and well we get Eden's story which is full of everything you ever wanted to read. These Knights are going to be the death of me in the best way. Mind-blowing 5 stars!

Book Enticer
Blog |BookBub | Amazon |Audible |Instagram |Twitter |Facebook |TikTok |YouTube |Pin
Melissa
Feb 09, 2022 rated it it was amazing
What do a British Royal, a rich bad boy and a college economics professor all have in common? Trust me, you’re going to want to read this book to find out! Pretty Secrets is the first book in EM Moore’s Pretty Little Dead Girl series, however I strongly recommend you first read the prequel, Hush Hush. You certainly don’t have to but it will only enhance your reading experience.

Angsty college new adult meets murder mystery, Pretty Secrets is a thrilling, captivating read that I could not put dow
abbey willcox
Feb 09, 2022 rated it it was amazing
The detail to the storyline in this book is so good, you know from the start it's going to be a whirlwind of secrets, deceit and a whole load of fuckery! Eden isn't just upset over her sisters death, she is seething. Her one and only thought is revenge. We get to follow Eden on her path to revenge, she bumps into her old friend Oliver who worships the ground she walks on. The only problem is? He got friend zoned a while back... then there is the hot professor, is there more than meets the eye wi ...more
Charlotte
Feb 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I seriously want to drop kick my kindle after reading that ending!! What the bloody hell was that? Im just annoyed by underhand people and how jaw droppingly good it was

Just a heads up id advise you to read the prequel Hush, Hush because a lot of what happens in this book is tied into that one. Mainly because Eden is in Carnegie College to uncover all the mystery surrounding her twin sister Delilah's death. This book is chock full of secrets (all the main characters have them), lies and a secret
Kat
Feb 15, 2022 rated it it was amazing
What an epic start to the series!

After reading the prequel Hush, Hush I knew that Pretty Secrets was going to be one of those stories that grips you and doesn’t let go, even at the end. I wasn’t wrong. This book far exceeded my expectations, and as a big E.M.Moore fan I can easily say I think this might be her best series yet!
I love the way that all of the characters slowly wormed their way into my heart. Initially I was sad that the characters were different to who I thought they would be, but
Lorrie
I wanted to like this a little more than I did. It was okay, but unfortunately, I didn’t really connect with any of the characters, nor did I feel like I really got to know them. I gave it 3 stars though because the storyline is interesting. The cliffie hooked me enough that I want to know what happens next, so I will definitely be reading the next book. Fingers crossed that I enjoy it more than this one!
Amanda Quarles
Shelves: 2022
Pretty Secrets

When I finished Hush, Hush I really didn't comprehend Delilah's demise 🤦‍♀️. Like I really had hope for her and Keegan. That shit went over my head for sure. Now here we have Pretty Secrets with Eden her sister. Who's goal is to figure out what happened between Delilah and the Knights. Here I am again with another crazy cliff hanger. I swear Eden better not meet the same fate as Delilah. Excellent new series.
StephWanderingPages
Feb 14, 2022 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars for me on this one.

I love a dark romance college RH so was super excited to get into this book. I managed to smash through it in a day as E.M Moore has a nice writing style and it's easy to get through her book.

The overall plot line of this one is interesting. We are thrown into a secret society of the wealthy that is dark and twisted with mysteries at every corner as our MC investigates the death of her older sister; a former pledge to the same secret society.

The introduction to all
Reyne Clark
Feb 14, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Pretty Secrets is choked full of all the delicious angst that I crave in a good read and Moore's books have become known for. Her characters tend to have a complexity I thoroughly enjoy, and Eden is no exception. She wants revenge for her sister's death and is willing to do nearly anything to achieve it. If you can't get enough of Why Choose Romance, plenty of toe curling steam, lots of plot twists and turns, and just enough dark to leave you wanting more, Pretty Secrets should be the next book ...more
Feb 16, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Holy hotness! This book is EVERYTHING!!! If you’re a fan of dark college, secret society, RH romances that involve a fierce heroine, her dedicated British best friend, the tattooed bad boy set out to ruin her and a taboo relationship with her Economics professor then Pretty Secrets, the first set book in E.M. Moore’s Pretty Little Dead Girl series, is for you! Filled with enough twists and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat, you better buckle up because Moore is about to take you on a de ...more
Bookish Shannon
Feb 12, 2022 rated it it was ok
TikTok led me to this book, but I didn't even manage to get to the spice that led me to read it.

DNF at 56%.

There was a few times where I nearly stopped reading Pretty Secrets but I persevered but unfortunately this is not the book for me. It's a shame because it had potential, and the spice was hot and I enjoyed those parts it wasn't well written.

I felt as if a switch flipped after a point in this book. The writing went from massively over detailed to "normal" which I found odd. The first few ch
Aplis
Apr 19, 2022 rated it really liked it
Has a little bit of Vengeance is Mine series by Ashley Gee feels..with the secret society, dead sister and weirdly held secrets. It's great to see E.M Moore write so out of her usual pattern of stories. It's a little bit more darker (not the generic dark romance stuff though) than her previous books. Can't wait to read the next book! ...more
Petrina
Feb 14, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This is the much anticipated series that follows the novella Hush, Hush. I'm a huge fan of secret society books and have been anxiously awaiting it's release. It. did. not. disappoint.

The story centers around Eden ("Edie"), who is Delilah's sister from Hush, Hush, and she's determined to find out the truth behind Delilah's death because she doesn't believe for one second it was just an "accident." As we know, she's absolutely right. She wants vengeance and I am here for it. Eden has tried to st
Alex Mullinix
4.75 Stars
3.5 Spice

Highly suggest reading the prequel Hush, Hush before diving into this bad boy. Unless, you want to try to solve the mystery along with Eden. Not that reading Hush, Hush will spoil Pretty Secrets, because there are PLENTY of secrets to go around. But if you want more of the story and some insight into the Knights of Acadia, read Hush, Hush.

I went into this and Hush, Hush almost completely blind, so I wasn’t sure what to expect with either book. Let’s say I was surprised. I LOV
Rachel
Feb 11, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I AM OBSESSED!

The story: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (I wish I could give it more than 5 stars)
The heat: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
*This review contains spoilers*

Ah! After the cliffhanger of Hush Hush, I was dying to know which of the sisters this book would be following! Though I guess the title of the series gives a hint to who our heroine is.

In a story fueled by secrets, the author gives us a shocking amount of information. I love her mastery of revealing the worlds secrets to the reader while keeping things from her characters, the
Mia Chang
Jul 04, 2022 rated it liked it
This was alright.

It was interesting enough to keep me turning the pages but the “dramatic ending” at the finale was rushed and underwhelming.

There were just a couple of things I couldn’t get behind. The FL is bland. Nothing new. Nothing fresh. She’s just your basic mock-up of a college “not-like-every-other-girl” revenger heroine.

The male leads were just as bad tbh. The Brit was a cute kicked puppy I switched between routing for and feeling sorry for at all times. Out of the rest of the RH this
bookaddict2021
Feb 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Pretty Secrets needs to come with its own hazard warning because the steam pouring off it is so hot its scalding. Between a gorgeous, Prince who's devoted to making her his, a sexy forbidden professor who can't keep his eyes of her and the tattooed black sheep of an infamous powerful family Eden finds it hard to keep her thoughts on her mission and off these enticing men she's forced to be around. And her hands. But the building sexual tension only promises a greater higher.

Eden is now atte
Anna
Feb 13, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This is why E.M. is one of my favorite authors. I don't know if I want to hug her or hit her. Hug her b/c of this brilliant story she brought us or hit her b/c she left us like that AGAIN!!!! Like what the actual fuck? These damn endings!

Ok so Pretty Secrets in the first book in the Pretty Little Dead girls series but there was a prequel, Hush Hush. I highly suggest you read Hush, Hush. If you haven't you should probably stop reading this b/c I'm about to spoil it for you. Last chance. Ok here w
Locklyn
Shelves: february-2022
Okay Eden is awesome. But the lies and intrigue in this story had me on the edge of my seat. What happened to Dee exactly? Why did it? Why did her fiancé finally have a change of heart?

Eden is trying to figure this all out. And it all comes down to the Knights of Arcadia. Eden just knows they have something to do with what happened to Dee. But is it as simple as her being the first female pledge and the patriarchy couldn't allow Dee to make it to Knight status? Or is it something more sinister?
✨✨ Claire✨✨
Niki
Feb 15, 2022 rated it it was amazing
As I sat down to write this review, I realized I’m going to need to try VERY hard NOT to spoil things. There are, as the title already says, a lot of secrets these characters are hiding and I’m fairly certain we only get a small portion of them in this book. Though this is the first book in this series, there is a prequel: Hush, Hush. I highly recommend reading that first! There is a lot of backstory there that will fit together with this book and Eden’s actions will make a lot more sense.

Eden i
Sam
Feb 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Erin has built on the brilliant prequel Hush Hush and delivered an absolute knock out first book in this undeniably exciting and addictive series.

Eden is the black sheep of the Elite Astor family but following the events that happened in Hush Hush, she is out for nothing less then revenge and retribution. She is fierce, feisty and not afraid to take on the Knights to get to the truth, the question is what is she willing to pay to find out?

As part of her quest for the truth Eden joins the Knights
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Rebels & Rejects (Black Creek, #1)
  • Murder & Mayhem (Black Creek, #2)
  • The Seduction of Pretty Lies (The Boys of Clermont Bay, #5)
  • Hate You Forever (Hate, #1)
  • The Gravity of Us (Elements, #4)
  • Small Town Big Rumors: The Tequila Rose Duet
  • Twisted Queen (Five Families, #2)
  • Make Me Beg (Rich Demons of Darkwood, #2)
  • Beast of Bishop's Landing
  • Best Wishes Box Set One: Extended Editions of Books 1-3 (War of Power Series 1: Best Wishes Series)
  • Feral (Shadow Bred #3)
  • Everything Will Be Alright (Charlotte Reynolds, #2)
  • First Chorus (Cardinal Sins #2)
  • Unraveling: Thread Reader Universe (Tales of Port Lapton Book 2)
  • The Trouble With Love (Forbidden Love, #1)
  • The Trouble With Us (Forbidden Love, #2)
  • Timber (Hades, #4)
  • Trained for Death (Legion of Vidar #2)
See top shelves…
E. M. Moore is a USA Today Bestselling author of Contemporary and Paranormal Romance. She's drawn to write within the teen and college-aged years where her characters get knocked on their asses, torn inside out, and put back together again by their first loves. Whether it's in a fantastical setting where human guards protect the creatures of the night or a realistic high school backdrop where soci ...more

Pretty Little Dead Girl (3 books)
  • Lovely Deceit (Pretty Little Dead Girl #2)
  • Broken Truths (Pretty Little Dead Girl #3)

News & Interviews

The college campus has been a popular setting for books since the days of ancient Greece. In fact, Aristotle once wrote a dark academic...
“I need to be my family’s sentinel; our show of strength. Because someone here, watching me place this midnight flower on this beautiful white casket, murdered my sister.” 1 likes
“My sister died on Devil’s Night. And on Halloween, I vowed vengeance.” 0 likes