Start by marking “Heaven and Earth (Three Sisters Island, #2)” as Want to Read:
Heaven and Earth (Three Sisters Island, #2)

Heaven and Earth

(Three Sisters Island #2)

Ripley Todd just wants to live a quiet, peaceful kind of life. Her job as a sheriff's deputy keeps her busy and happy, and she has no trouble finding men when she wants them - which, lately, isn't all that often. She's perfectly content, except for one thing: she has special powers that both frighten and confuse her, and though she tries hard to hide them, she can't get th ...more
Published February 1st 2002 by Judy Piatkus (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven and Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven and Earth

Maria Clara
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dentro de la trilogía, y a falta de leer el último libro, solo puedo decir MARAVILLOSO. En este segundo volumen tenemos de todo: amor, magia, locura, posesiones, ira, miedo...
Cyndi
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
This is my favorite in the Three Sisters Trilogy. Probably because the characters are terrific! Ripley is a deputy on the island. She is out spoken, tough and not happy with her magical powers. She truly hates the witchy stuff, but she knows she has to work with the rest of the coven to save the island.
So with all this hate of witchcraft she tries to avoid the new man in town. He is investigating the magic of the island.
He is a handsome professor who is thrilled with the witches. I have a so
Alba Turunen
4 Estrellitas bien merecidas y entretenidas. Éste segundo libro se asemeja bastante al primero en lo esencial, como la historia, la magia, quizás en éste hemos tenido algo más de magia y de los poderes que envuelven a las Tres Hermanas. Pero sin duda lo que más destaco de ésta novela son sus fuertes personajes, me han encantado los protagonistas.

En el primer libro tuvimos a la dulce Nell y al simpático policía Zach. En éste tenemos la historia de Ripley, la hermana de Zach y también policía adju
Erika
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
When you're out of town visiting your mom and you get stung by something and your leg blows up so you have to go to the ER and then you're allergic to the meds they give you you're pretty desperate for books. When your mom brings this home you don't want to hurt her feelings because it is, after all, better than no books. But not much better.
Ira
3.75 stars.

I wanted to give this 3 stars because I was so annoyed with the heroine and wanted to slap her couple of times! Luckily I love the sweet and nerdy hero, he save the story for me.

Also, in book #3 I found out why this heroine behaving like she was, and I can understand her more. But why we got the answer in the next book instead of in her book here? Sigh..
jenjn79
Apr 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Another great book by Roberts. Overall, I enjoy the theme and plot of this series. But my favorite thing about this book in particular is the character of Mac - absentminded professor with a side of hunk. He's just so adorable the way he's always forgetting things and getting sidetracked. And him hooking up with Ripley was an interesting combination.

The book had an interesting storyline that fit well with the first book in the series. They complement each other well. If there was one thing I cou
Cristina Leitón
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Leería todos y cada uno de los libros de esta historia si en vez de 3 fuesen 50. De verdad. No sé si es la atmósfera, la isla que tan clara tengo en mi cabeza, la magia o los personajes, pero estoy en un estado de enamoramiento absoluto con esta trilogía. No quiero que se acabe. Fin.

Si lo mejor del primer libro, Baile en el aire, fue Nell, lo mejor de esta segunda parte, para mí, ha sido Mac. El científico de lo paranormal, torpe y encantador, inteligente y sincero, que llega a Tres Hermanas arr
Mary
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
I want to really give it more than two stars but I can't. It is not the story that brings it down but the main character. Ripley is annoying, childish, egotistical, constantly jumps to conclusions, crude and really not likable. If you don't agree then I would suggest reading her actions when she played Mac in the gym after she thought, but didn't bother to ask, he had been snuggling up with Mia. That insults both Mac and Mia especially since no matter how bad Ripley has treated Mia, Mia has neve ...more
Marta Marlau
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muy bonita la historia de Ripley. Me ha gustado saber más de la magia y el origen de la isla. Mac es muy buen personaje, con sus despistes y su mente abierta. Todo un descubrimiento.
Sin duda seguiré leyendo esta trilogía. Nora Roberts llegó para quedarse.

Próximamente reseña en https://rincondemarlau.blogspot.com
Amy
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoying this series. Another great installment!
Cathy
Ripley wasn't my favourite, but I'd still been looking forward to her book. Unfortunately, instead of my growing to like her through her own book it turned out to have an opposite effect. She's the type of character that I have trouble warming up to and by the end I almost disliked her.

I did love the early banter between her and Mac, more of that always, please. Though his name made me snicker, because Mac Booke...really? I was charmed by Mac and his nerdy forgetfulness and absentmindedness, but
Jacob Proffitt
Dec 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
A decent follow up from the first. Like most trilogies, reading the first tells you what you need to know about whether you'll like the rest (and you're way better off starting with the first, so, you know, read it first). This one is Riley's story and I really liked her guy, Mac. Roberts does studly geek guy very well and Mac was all kinds of highly-focused nerd. I'm less enamored of Riley, but I knew that going in as I don't really like the rash tough chick driven by a deep-seated fear and vul ...more
CatBookMom
Ripley Todd and Mac Booke. She is SO abrasive, so abrupt, so given to jumping to conclusions. He is the ultimate absent-minded professor; how would anyone leave their keys in the medicine cabinet??? But the little romance between them carries this story along from the first book, and points to the third. Nora Roberts used to write such good paranormal-lite romantic trilogies; wish she had more of those to come.
Asounani
Lo ciento pero con este libro no hubo forma de que hiciera Click con los personajes. Y la trama no me gusto para nada, sentí que la principal llegaba momentos en los que era muy molesta. Realmente no disfrute este libro
Brendagarza
Después de que Nora Roberts nos relatara en la primera entrega de esta trilogía, la historia de la Isla de las tres hermanas y comenzará haciéndolo con Nell, ahora en esta continuación no se trata únicamente de contarnos la historia de Ripley, sino también de cómo se va cerrando el círculo en torno al destino que se tiene que cumplir, 300 años han esperado para cerrar ese círculo y es ahora como vamos comprendiendo un poco mejor de que va la cosa.

Este no es solo un libro de romance, lo hay, por
Mac
He vuelto a leer un libro al azar de una trilogía y, como siempre, me quedo con este. Con este, en que los personajes principales son ideales: ella, fuerte, capaz, aguerrida, esconde en su interior un miedo profundo, el terror a lo que realmente es y no pudo escoger, el miedo a lo que puede hacer y no saber elegir cuando llegue el momento. Él, en cambio, es un buenazo despistado, cuyos momentos "sexy" no me pegaban nada de nada, por cierto. La historia se desarrolla en la típica isla de romance, ...more
JuD
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1book-1coin
Dejé este libro estancado por temas personales hace un tiempo y por fin he podido retomarlo y terminarlo.
La historia de Ripley me ha gustado mucho, me he reído con sus encuentros con Mac, su forma distinta de ver las cosas y por como, poco a poco, Ripley acepta quien es realmente.
Mac es un personaje que me ha gustado mucho, es un tanto peculiar y al principio parece totalmente contradictorio con Ripley pero luego combinan a la perfección.
Carolina (Everything.books_)
¡Me encantó! y debo decir que hasta me gustó un poco más que el primero (que lo amé también 😂). Sin dudas necesito el 3ro. YAAAAA para conocer qué pasará con Mia.
y sí, me enamoré de Mac a más no poder.
Nora y sus personajes tan 😍😍😍😍
Sara Dalengren
Trevlig uppföljare till En förtrollad ö. Gillade den manlige huvudkaraktären. Nördig och smart ❤
Colleen
4 Stars

Heaven and Earth is definitely my favorite of this series. The push and pull between Ripley and Mac was so much fun. Ripley is the tenacious deputy sheriff on Three Sisters Island who is determined to ignore her magical ability. Mac is the adorable genius scientist determined to unlock Ripley's heart. I loved that the romance did not follow the typical damsel in distress / dominant hero troupe. Not that Mac was wimpy or anything; he just used his brain power first and foremost. And really
Evelina
Som vanligt lättläst och bra underhållning av Roberts. Gillar verkligen de karaktärer som man för följa, även om jag inte är jätteförtjust i magin som dyker upp i denna bok. Länk till recensionen: http://ewelinasbokblogg.blogspot.se/2...
Elisa
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Ripley haar verhaal en personage liggen mij gewoon totaal niet. Benieuwd naar Mia haar verhaal. Zij lijkt mij het meest interessant van de 3 zusters.
J. W. Garrett
“Earth’s crammed with heaven… But only he who sees, takes off his shoes.” –Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Aurora Leigh

Rating: Mature Audience: sexual content, violence, language, triggers for descriptions of domestic violence.

This second book in Roberts ‘Three Sisters Island’ trilogy features Deputy Sheriff Ripley Todd as she fights against her chaotic paranormal gift, her anger at being forced to resurrect and use her powers, and her struggles with finding her happy-ever-after. It is well worth th
Zel Polev
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sanne
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Het is al een paar maand geleden dat ik het andere deel ‘dansen op lucht’ had gelezen. Hierdoor wist ik niet meer precies wat er allemaal was gebeurd. Dit was geen probleem doordat het een op zichzelf staand boek is. Wel kwamen veel herinneringen uit het andere boek terug.

Waar het in het vorige boek om Nell draaide, draait het nu om Ripley. Door het vorige boek ken je haar al een beetje maar nu leer je haar echt kennen. Er ontstaat een beter beeld van wie ze is en waarom ze zo doet. Mac is in mi
Readsandeats
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was good to be back on 3 sisters island, to catch up with the characters again.
Mac was a great foil for Ripley. It was nice to see Ripley accept who she was and for her to trust not only herself but those around her.

I would recommend this book and the whole series.
Stef
Romance, suspense, action-packed, witches, humor, MF.

I really enjoyed reading and just loved this Three Sisters Island Trilogy. :-) Would recommend this series and a few others as I starting on the Nora Roberts journey. :-)

Book 2== Ripley and Mac fight each other's affections as they try not to fall for each other. Mac is doing research into Mia and finds more about his family history as well. Great ending start book 3 tomorrow.
María
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me ha gustado mucho, pero esque Ripley muchas veces me sacaba de quicio, menos mal que Mac es un amor (lo quiero en mi vida) y me hacía suspirar muchas veces. Tengo muchas ganas de ver cómo acaba la trilogía y de por fin tener a Mia como protagonista.
Lisa
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I didn’t like this book as much as the first one. I found Ripley’s constant anger annoying and Mac too much of a cliche while their story wasn’t as engaging as Nell’s. I loved the first book so I hope the third one will be better!
Amanda
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5

I ended up really enjoying this installment of the Three Sisters Island Trilogy, but not as much as I enjoyed the first book. It was nice to get back in this world with the characters I grew to love in the first story, and I liked focusing on Ripley. I'm looking forward to reading the final book to see how everything wraps up!
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
  • Taken by Sin (Demon Hunters, #4)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Visions in Death (In Death, #19)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, #3)
  • Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters, #5)

Three Sisters Island (3 books)
  • Dance Upon the Air (Three Sisters Island, #1)
  • Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island, #3)
“Evil cannot and will not be vanquished by evil. Dark will only swallow dark and deepen. The good and the light are the keenest weapons.” 47 likes
“I know what it is to be pushed in a direction you don't want to go, or one you're not ready for. People say they know what's best for you. Maybe sometimes it's true. But it doesn't matter if they keep pushing until they take your choices away.” 17 likes