Start by marking “Gabriel's Angel” as Want to Read:

Gabriel's Angel

Pregnant, alone, and on the run to protect her unborn child, Laura Malone finds herself stranded with Gabriel Bradley, with whom she forms a bond after he provides her with shelter and friendship through the storm.
Published September 27th 2005 by Silhouette (first published August 1989)

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Gabriel’s Angel is by Nora Roberts. Nora has been a favorite author of mine for years although I haven’t read one of her books in a long time. This is one of her older books so I wasn’t sure if I would love it as much as I do her newer work. But I shouldn’t have worried. No matter when she wrote it, it still has the Nora Robert’s magic. I do want to clarify one thing, though. With the title and the cover, I thought this was a holiday book. But it definitely isn’t. The story begins with an April ...more
Anna
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
That was years ago and was very cute read.
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult, romance
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
3.5 Stars!!

Review to come......
Joy Gerbode
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. While I doubt it has spectacular literary value, it is one of the most delightful stories I've read in quite a while. Springing from a premise that parallels one of my own former "fantasies", this story developed characters, and watched as love transformed tragedy into triumph. Such an endearing book to begin my month of reading "Christmas fluff".
April Wood
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holiday-reads
"I believe the time in the mountains helped Gabe get back his art. And I believe you and the baby helped him get back his heart..."

Laura is pregnant and on the run from her deceased husband's family, when she is found stranded on the side of a snowy Colorado road. A moody artist named Gabriel stops to lend her a helping hand, and offers her shelter at his house. What Gabriel wasn't expecting, was for Laura to rescue him in return...

Gabriel's Angel is a classic Holiday romance by the legendary N
Samyann
Audible.com audiobook. On the short side at just over six hours of listening, Gabriel’s Angel is narrated by Todd Haberkorn. Pacing, tempo fine. Haberkorn does a credible job with male and female voices alike, a particularly good effort voicing seniors.

On a dark mountain road in near blizzard conditions, a very pregnant woman has a spin-out accident. She nearly collides with a ruggedly handsome artist/painter. Her car disabled, the two main characters spend a platonic few weeks stranded in his
Lyndi W.
Aug 31, 2012 rated it did not like it
I cannot for the life of me think of why Gabriel fell in love with Laura. She's a meek, insecure, door mat that has no redeeming quality except her beauty, which she herself says is all she has. She finally got a back bone for a full two minutes and then quickly lost it again.

I imagine their HEA is full of Gabriel trying to convince her to stop apologizing for breathing. Dear god, Laura is a horrible character. Not like... a horrible person or a villain or anything, she just has nothing to recom
Cindy
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this sweet little story. The cover is a bit misleading - it is not a Christmas story which is what I had thought it was. This is the story of two wary, damaged people finding a way to bring love and comfort to each other. Game and Laura meet by accident on a snowy road in Colorado. Her car is too damaged to move and the storm makes it impossible to get out. Oh, and by the way, Laura is about 8 months pregnant. Closed in the cabin, they get to know each other and in a slightly unrealistic ...more
Lauri Saplad
Good story! A little improbable & definitely not your typical romance. Laura is running away from her manipulative former in-laws and she has a special set of problems. She's very pregnant & stuck in a blizzard in the Colorado Rockies. Enter artist Gabriel. He rescues & cares for the reluctant damsel in distress. Could this be love? But wait! She's pregnant with someone else's child. What could possibly happen?
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
The love story of Gabriel and Laura. Laura is on the run for her Dead husband's family. Gabriel is an artist who slunk away to Colorado to deal with his grief. They meet on a mountain road during a snowstorm. She almost hit him and wrecker her car. I love this story.
Lainy122
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
When you write as many books as Nora Roberts you're bound to have a dud or two - and a holiday title written in the 1980's is a pretty good candidate.

Readable but not memorable.

Not sure why it made BookRiot's Holiday Romance recommendations.

Belinda
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: roman
4,25 stars - English hardcover - I have dyslexia - Thanks Simone for the read. 🦋🌹🌷🍀
Camille
Nov 23, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2008, bookclub
I'd give this about a 1.5 if I could. I didn't actively HATE it, I just actively disliked it. It was a bookclub book, and although I'd never pick it up on my own, I really did try to keep an open mind. I've never read any Nora Roberts before, so I didn't know what to expect. Well, scratch that. I did expect that someone who seems to crank out books as fast as she does would at least know a little bit about the fundamentals of writing. In that expectation, I was sorely disappointed. The incomplet ...more
Panichaya
I know I gave it a 5 star before, but after my english has improved and I re-read it for the second time, I found that there are things I don't like about this book. Don't misunderstand, I still love it overall, but just not as much as I used to.

Maybe because it was one of Nora Roberts earlier works. Maybe because I'm under a paranormal spell of the Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter and Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian. But I found something lacking in Gabriel's Angel. The rel
Brook
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Never having read Nora Roberts, I assumed (wrongly) that she was a mystery writer. I picked up this book randomly during a library book sale and once I found it was a romance, decided to read it anyway. I was pleased to discover that Ms Roberts is a good writer, with enough creativity to help me think 'yeah, this would be a real person's response' and I enjoyed that she tackled a tough subject: the emotional and physical violence within a marriage. I do wish writers would write books though, tha ...more
Michelle Greaves
Jun 14, 2016 rated it liked it
If you enjoy love stories that face reality situations, if you celebrate a woman’s freedom, and if you embrace family acceptance on all fronts you will love this book. Thank you Nora Roberts for the perfect combination of life and storytelling.

If you are interested in reading the complete review and other reviews from my 2016 Goodreads Book Challenge go to http://sensoryperceptionsbc.blogspot..... Also please check out Sensory Perception Book Club’s latest reading.

Heather
Dec 02, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday
So I thought this was supposed to be a holiday read? Oh well, it was a sweet story nonetheless. It started out strong, so much mystery, suspense, and passion, but then it fizzled out pretty weakly. Overall it was a quick, easy read with a sweet sentiment.
Jessica B
Aug 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Nora Roberts can always produce a good read for me. This was one of her older stories and her writing style has certainly changed over the years. This was a great book and a wonderful love story.
Margaret Devaux
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Easy read. I actually skimmed a lot. Happy ending as usual! If you don't read it, that's okay too.
Lauren
3 Stars

Seeking solitude and solace in an isolated Colorado cabin, Gabriel Bradley is annoyed when a very beautiful and very pregnant Laura Malone literally crashes into his peace and quiet. On the run and in fear for her unborn child, Laura finds herself stranded with Gabe in a blizzard. As they grow closer, Gabe and Laura must overcome their individual fears if they are to have a future together.

A stereotypical late 80s contemporary romance with an alpha hero and a submissive her
S.J. Tyson
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Do not be fooled by the cover or title...this is NOT a holiday book. The only connection to a holiday is that it takes place initially during the winter in snowy conditions. The story has NOTHING to do with the holidays. There is one mention of Christmas in a preface written by the Editors of Silhouette Books (the publishers), referring to "...a classic love story about a man who finds hope and love in the arms of a woman who holds Christmas in her heart all year round." The one sentence mention ...more
Loraine
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: challenges-2018
SECULAR**

This is my first book by Nora Roberts and will be my last. It was recommended several years ago as a good Christmas read. NOT!!! The premise of the story had possibilities but just didn't pan out for me, and it is not a Christmas story. The heroine was rather insipid from start til almost the end constantly apologizing that the only thing going for her was her beauty. Laura Malone pregnant and alone ends up in an accident in rural Colorado and is rescued by a wealthy, reclusive artist,
Cato Anne
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a hallmark movie type book.

There is an event that brings the two main characters together, they fall in love through that event, happiness ensues, the happiness is threatened, and the couple conquer all.

Overall, I really really enjoyed it! Often when I read books similar to hallmark movies I can get annoyed because they are too fluffy and the characters don’t have depth. This book is different. Laura is somewhat meek but women often are who have suffered severe trauma and abuse (so the
Badass Bloggettes
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I have a project to read books that I purchased some time ago and haven't read yet. There are a lot! This weekend my choice, a shorter novel by Nora Roberts titled Gabriel's Angel. I liked it.

Gabriel's Angel is a study of two people hurting because of a loss and a need to hide. Gabriel Bradley is a successful painter, in pain because of a death. The death is so heavy on his heart that he can't find inspiration to paint. He escapes to a cabin in the Colorado mountains about an hour from
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola

I have so many books on my shelf and Kindle that I purchased over the years and haven't read. I'm now on a quest to read at least one a week.

Gabriel's Angel is an oldie but a goodie, as they used to say on top forty radio from Nora Roberts.

I like the story and the characters. Parts are dated as the book is from the eighties but it doesn't matter to me. I enjoyed the journey very much. It is interesting to me to see how much her writing as changed over the years. I believe if she wrote
Doris
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, cozies
Although the story itself is improbable, based as it is on the arrogance and greed of certain Boston Brahmins, it still is an interesting and compelling read. It started slow, with a man tied into his own needs, then picked up pace when he - nearly literally - ran into a woman in desperate straits.

The story bounced back and forth - sometimes without warning - between viewpoints, which was disconcerting but it worked.

The main story line was well told, although I would have liked a more firm end
Sharath
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult, romance, audiobook
This is the first Nora Roberts book of mine..

The storyyyy... Well... I feel the pregnancy of Laura and romance associated with Gabe doesn't mesh somehow..

During some moments, I actually wondered whether its soo easy or so tireless effort to raise a baby.. Then I realized it's actually too far from reality...

My intention was to get into Nora Roberts fantasy works but thought Gabrial Angel is short and easy to get into her writing..

I didn't actually like this book but I'll try more of the author'
Joan
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Artist Gabriel Bradley retreats to a small cabin in Colorado, hoping the solitude will help him find his will to paint again. When a damsel-in-distress invades his quiet retreat, what will he do?

Well-drawn characters and a thought-provoking plot create a mesmerizing tale of discovering your own strength, fighting for your family, and finding true love. Readers are likely to find this one difficult to set aside before the final resolution.
Mojca
She almost crashes into him on a snowy road, he offers her temporary shelter in his cabin, discovers she’s pregnant, and on the run. To protect her, he decides to marry her, delivers the baby, and slays her dragons.

Sheesh. Far from Nora Roberts’s best work. Slow and as annoying as the heroine, with a bland hero, an unbelievable (in this day, but maybe it worked when it was written) premise and even more unbelievable romance and insta-love.
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. abused heroine who flees from her abusive husband [s] 13 216 Nov 12, 2016 04:17PM
Goodreads Librari...: Need books combined 3 16 Nov 23, 2012 11:31AM

• The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • We'll Be Home for Christmas (Holloway, #3)
  • The Wedding-Night Affair - Selingkuh Di Malam Pengantin
  • Mistletoe and Molly
  • Zanna's Gift: A Life in Christmases
  • The Lost
  • The First Gift of Christmas
  • The Snow Bride
  • The Christmas Secret (Christmas Hope, #5)
  • Silver Bells
  • On Strike for Christmas
  • Russell's Christmas Magic
  • The End of the Rainbow
  • Simply Sensual (Simply, #3)
  • Silent Night in Dry Creek
  • The Prayer Chest: A Novel About Receiving All of Life's Riches
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • Merry and Bright