Start by marking “The Donovan Legacy: Charmed & Enchanted (Donovans #3 & 4)” as Want to Read:
The Donovan Legacy: Charmed & Enchanted (Donovans #3 & 4)

The Donovan Legacy: Charmed & Enchanted

(The Donovan Legacy #3-4)

Charmed
Her legacy had been as much a curse as a blessing, so Anastasia Donovan had learned to keep it hidden. But when single dad Boone Sawyer swept into her heart, she longed to reveal everything despite her fear of the consequences. Then fate stepped in...

Enchanted
Lovely, guileless Rowan Murray was drawn to darkly enigmatic Liam Donovan with a power she'd never imagined
Mass Market Paperback, 490 pages
Published September 1st 2004 by Silhouette (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Donovan Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Donovan Legacy

Erin
Dec 03, 2009 rated it did not like it
YUCK! I picked this up for 60 cents at the local thrift store because I had never read anything by Nora Roberts before... Let me assure you, I will never read anything else by her either. This was such a terrible book. Correction, two books, because there are two equally terrible stories in it. All about wiccans or witches or whatever you want to call them and a shapeshifter in the second story who turns himself into a wolf and then watches the heroine undress. There was a really creepy scene wh ...more
katrina gabrielle
Sep 20, 2012 rated it did not like it
I don't usually read Nora Roberts novels, nor in her genre. However, I found this book and it looked striking at first, so I thought it might open me up to her. Instead it validated what I had originally thought.

I only was able to get through Charmed, and I thought it was awfully convenient. The characters didn't have a lot of layering and they always appeared in the "correct" places in order for an interaction to occur. I understand wanting the plot to move quickly, but the pace was far too fas
Andrea
Dec 13, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Charmed was magical and I enjoyed reading it, but Enchanted....
The girl was enchanted by a wolf, that's right, a wolf. Not a guy, but a wolf.
Not only does she let the wolf, a wild animal mind you, in her cabin, she takes a bath in front of it. Yes, she's naked in front of the wolf. And she seems to find nothing wrong with that. WE know the wolf is really the guy, but SHE doesn't know that.
What a creeper.
You have got to be pretty desperate to want the attention of a wolf.
I was completely freaked
Nathalie
Jul 29, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Once upon a time I loved Nora Roberts. I have read most of her 160+ books. THIS 2-book combo is one of the worst examples of her writing. Overwrought, full of cliches, bunch of nonsense (which isn't a crime in itself admitedly, especially in romance novels, but this takes the cake!) The 1st book is slightly better but the 2nd one reads like it was written by a 16 year-old. Yech. For MUCH BETTER Nora Roberts writing, try the Chesapeake Bay series. As far as I'm concerned, that's the gold standard ...more
Joyce F
Jun 24, 2009 rated it did not like it
That's it. I'm done with Nora Roberts. She has a cookie-cutter and she tells the same tale ... again and again and again. It works for her, I know. She's obviously making money hand-over-fist. But, I just can't read the same story again. Ever. Holy cow, even the ebbs and flows of her stories are the same. But, after 160 or so titles published, I s'pose they would all start to feel alike. Well, more power to her. This is, after all, America. Lucky thing for Ms. Roberts.
Key&Quill
I've read a lot of Nora Roberts over the years. I think she was the author of my first romance novel. You know what you get when you read a Nora Roberts book; no real surprises, same destination it's just the journey that varies. That can be said for this double edition of the Donovan Saga. This is really more of a guilty pleasure than any kind of "advanced reading". I read so much that romances really just fill the time and are entertaining. This book was just that: entertainment.

"Charmed" is t
Cyrisse
May 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
Charmed is Ana (Anastasia) Donovan's story. The youngest Donovan is an empath. Her gift is the ability to heal. She is able to determine the extent of the damage to a person by the laying on of hands and cure them from within using her gift. However, there is a toll to be paid. The healer must take the persons pain upon herself. This can be draining or even deadly, depending on the timing and the seriousness of the patient's ills. Because of her empathy, her feelings are extremely sensitive. Her ...more
Kim
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Two books in one...what a deal. I read these two books on vacation and they were perfect for this reason...a little fantasy, a little romance, and some interesting twists.
Krista
May 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ehhh, I'm not the biggest fan of fantasy - and the second story was reaaaaalllly pushing it.
Kathy
Feb 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Charmed - the story of the third cousin, Anastasia. Her magic is empathy - she can absorb the emotions & phsyical hurts of others and heal, and she has learned to accept its limitations, and she mostly she makes potions, lotions, etc infused with magic to help people. At 20 she had been in love, but when she told him of their truth, he cruelly ridiculed and dumped her. She bought her house and its gardens just above the coast, and grew her plants, flowers, herbs, spun her magic and was quite ...more
Mayanna
Jun 30, 2014 rated it liked it
This is the third and the fourth stories to the Donovan Legacy series, I was putting it off for awhile because the story-lines and the characters did not seem to grab me, as it did in the first two.

Charmed 4.-4.5 Stars
This story is about a woman named Anastasia Donovan, she is a cousin to Morgana and Sebastian who were the main characters in The Donovan Legacy: Captivated and Entranced therefore she is a hereditary witch, a woman who can feel other's emotions and a healer.

I was not at all exc
Heather
Aug 28, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
charmed was definitely better than enchanted.
however,there were some things i didn't like about this.i hated how boone and his daughter constantly went over to her house,even when she had people over,like at christmas.way to intrude!
now let's talk about Enchanted. goodness,where do i start?
okay,lets start with the main character.(the girl) she's one of nora roberts winning characters.yes im being sarcastic.
she was SO annoying, what with the constantly talking out loud to herself and just general
Donna
Feb 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
Two books in one. Great deal.
Charmed is a story about the witch Anastasia who is an empath, a healer, and a herbologist. She has been rejected by the doctor she loved and has decided to live alone until Boone Sawyer and his daughter Jessie move in next door. He writes famous fairy tales that incorporates things she lives with daily but he is a pragmatic person and thinks they don't belong in the real world. The Donovan family saga is delightful if you enjoy tales of psychics and witches.
Enchan
Alex Perez
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Donovan Legacy:Charmed and Enchanted is a wonderful novel written by Nora Roberts.This novel is one of my favorites.Nora Roberts conveys love in such a powerful way.This novel consist of two stories linked to each other, both connect and you get to catch up with one another in the stories.The charmed book of the novel is about a witch, who falls in love with her new neighbor Boone.They catch themselves tangled in a love web, she doesn't tell Boone that she's a witch, their love grows strong ...more
Gail (myJunegirls)
Apr 13, 2009 rated it it was ok
Jennifer Hill
Dec 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013-books
The first book, Charmed, was an easy read. Nothing great, just sort of a fluffy read. I didn't really fall in love with any of the characters, or care for the story all that much. Enchanted hard...I had to force myself to finish it for the sake of saying I finished the book. It was boring and I found both main characters lacking. Liam was just kind of a jerk and I hated how he kept referencing stuff he knew was going to happen in the future. He just really was not likable at all!

I think this is
Rochelle
May 20, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
I give Charmed (Donovans #3) three stars....basically because I'm sick of NR regurgitating plot lines and characters. In this book it had a similar resolution as ending as Captivated, Book #1! It's not a bad book at all, it just seems like a cop-out for Roberts
Rumpusparable
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Rumpusparable by: no one, random purchase
I tend to like Nora Robert's stuff. They're usually fun and amusing.

These two stories make me cringe over and over and over. The whole witch/supernatural thing has it's nice angle, but the way it's carried out is really standard-hokey-bad. The spell language and stuff is just painful to read.

Maybe it's because I'm familiar with forms of witchcraft, magick, etc beliefs and practices in real life people... But yeah, as said this was repeatedly cringe-worthy.

I'm not finishing either of the stories.
Brenda Knight
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved both of these paranormal romances. The characters are terrific. So well written. I like the fact that the story takes place among regular people, that half of each couple is mere mortal. I really enjoyed that the second story included many of the characters from the first story. (I can see why the two stories would be published together.)
Two great stories by a great author. I highly recommend this book.
Amy
Feb 27, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a good/ok book if you are in the mood for fluff. It's cute/interesting enough to keep me going but I'm a little put off by the "bad guy" and "innocent girl" routine. Charmed is the first Nora Roberts book I have read and I am in the middle of Enchanted. She's seems to have a formula she uses for the stories. It's tolerable for two but if they all go on like this I can't take it.
Kathryn
Jun 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
I love Nora Roberts! I read all of her books.
Juliana Knight
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These two stories were the first time I'd read anything from Nora Roberts Donovan Family series, but both stories were fantastic. Like always, Nora Roberts does a great job of making the characters come alive and have distinct personalities. She uses a variety of male and female characters, but I always like them and enjoy following their life and seeing how everything works out. Roberts also has an incredible skill when it comes to interweaving magic into her stories. She makes it simply part o ...more
A Lee
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These two stories are my favorite of all the Nora Roberts books I've read. They have magic and romance, deep pain but then it turns into Astouding HEA. I will always love these stories and hope that Nora will write a spin off one day.
Melissa
I had already read Charmed so the only one of the 2 stories I read out of this book was Enchanted and I liked it. I thought the characters really made the stories, Rowan was a delight to read about.
Tammy Downing
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two delightful tales full of magic and love. I hope to read the rest of the series.
Veronica Lindsey
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed these paranormal romances.
Sherri
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like the way all the cousins met in the end
Carol Andrews
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Usual Nora Roberts fare, but with a shape shifting witch this time.
Ray
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
This is a great Donovan family set of stories. Makes magic all the more magical.
Jody
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
a favorite story of hers
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Nora Roberts
  • Everlong (Daughters of Askara #1)
  • Merely Magic (Magic, #1)
  • Poison Sleep (Marla Mason, #2)
  • Three in Death (In Death, #7.5, 12.5, 22.5)
  • Shifting Plains (Shifting Plains #1)
  • Orchard Valley Grooms: Valerie\Stephanie
  • Something Wicked (Living in Eden, #2)
  • Absolutely, Positively
  • The Mistress (Great Chicago Fire Trilogy, #2)
  • Ties That Bind (includes: Bound Hearts, #1)
  • Denting the Bosch: A Novel of Marriage, Friendship, and Expensive Household Appliances
  • The Presence

The Donovan Legacy (4 books)
  • Captivated (The Donovan Legacy, #1)
  • Entranced (The Donovan Legacy, #2)
  • Charmed (The Donovan Legacy, #3)
  • Enchanted (The Donovan Legacy, #4)