Start by marking “Summer on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #6)” as Want to Read:
Summer on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #6)

Summer on Blossom Street

(Blossom Street #6)

Knitting and life are both about beginnings and endings. That's why it makes sense for Lydia Goetz to offer a class called Knit to Quit. It's for people who want to quit something - or someone - and start over.
Published April 28th 2009 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about Summer on Blossom Street, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Summer on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #6)
Lorraine Montgomery
This is only the second book I've ever read by Debbie Macomber.   Summer on Blossom Street is part of a series and seems to come in about the middle.  It tells the stories of several people who work on Blossom Street near Lydia Goetz' wool store, A Good Yarn and people they know, meet, and love.  Lydia runs the store with the help of her sister Margaret and together they're hosting a special night class called Knit to Quit for people have something or someone they need to relegate to the past ...more
Samantha
I listened to this one on audio. Great story but I don't think I could ever listen to another book read by Delilah. She got so many of the inflections wrong that I actually thought everyone in the book was a whiny jerk. I did cry at the end, but I am sucker for happy happy endings.
Loralee
Aug 12, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Lydia, Margaret, and the other Blossom Street friends are back in the fifth book in this series. Lydia and her husband have finally decided to adopt a baby. As they wait for that phone call, their social worker calls and asks if they can take in a 12 year old girl who needs emergency foster care. "It will only be for two nights--I promise." Lydia and Brad wonder what they have got themselves into.

Alix and her husband, Jordan are eager to start a family. But, there is a hitch. She started smoking
Mary
May 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Lydia Goetz owns a knitting shop on Blossom Street and decides to start a new knitting class. This one is geared towards people who want to "quit something or someone." Three people sign up: Phoebe, "Hutch", and Alix. Ann Marie Roche turns up again and has some drama turn up surrounding her adopted daughter Ellen. Lydia and Brad have decided to try adoption and end up fostering a child.
This is a book series but you don’t have to start at the first book to understand what’s going on. Debbie Macom
Lynne
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I borrow e-books from the library so I don't always get them in order. Having read another of Debbie Macomber's books, I had a spoiler for this one.

Even though I don't knit, Debbie Macomber has turned into a favorite author. I like the way she develops her characters and her relationships. I like the way she includes religion without getting preachy.

For me, the highlight of this book was the growth of Casey, who ended up as Lydia's foster child, and connected with "Alix with an 'I'" through thei
Amy
Oct 27, 2013 added it
Glad for so many happy endings that wrapped up some loose ends too.
Cathy Daniel
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful and heart warming book! I do have to say phoebe annoyed me so much. She was a ninny ! But I loved the book and cried at the supremely happy ending!
Lisa
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was my first Debbie Macomber book and I found it to be pretty blah. The characters were not very well defined. They all spoke and acted as if they were over 50 and yet many of them were supposed to be in their 20's or even children. There were very few physical descriptions given so it was difficult to visualize what the characters were supposed to look like.

Also, a lot of the plot seems to happen "off camera." For example, (view spoiler)
Laurajean
May 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this book on audio cd on my daily hourly commute in my car over the last week and a half and really enjoyed it. Initially, I wasn't sure that I would, because the radio personality, Delilah, narrates the story, but she does a good job.

I am a *very* fast reader, and Debbie Macomber's books can be *very* quick reads. I've read them all in an evening or so. I wasn't sure how listening to one over 8 cds would work out, but it was great.

Terrific story, terrific book! Macomber fans will
Anna Kramer
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Summer on Blossom Street continues to allow the readers to feel as though they know the characters like old friends.

I love the characters in the book as much as I would if they were real. They are so genuine and believable. I became so involved with the book that I couldn't put it down. I want to go to Blossom Street in Seattle! I can't wait to read the next book and continue my fr
Amber
Sep 19, 2008 rated it liked it
This is a really light read but the characters are pleasant and the story kept my interest. I have read all the books in this series I hope to read more.

1. The Shop on Blossom Street
7. Hannah's List
Faith
May 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
The book did not disappoint. It was great to get back to familiar characters and meet a few new ones. I'm glad that Ms. Macomber has continued with this series because I have really enjoyed it. I hope now we find out where everything goes from here very soon.
Darlene
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zeitgen-ssisch
Blossom Street ist great. Lots of fun reading.
Debbie
Sep 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
As the owner of A Good Yarn, Lydia Goetz knows most of the people that live or work on Blossom Street. It is not surpising that the interest was there for another knitting class. Knit to Quit was just what Phoebe Rylander was looking for, anything that would help her get over the horrible way her ex-fiance has betrayed her trust ... again. As for Alix Turner, she and her husband, Jordan, wanted to start a family, but after all the stress of getting married, Alix had started smoking again. Then t ...more
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Jan 14, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Recommended to Mollie *scoutrmom* by: Rivka
Shelves: read-in-2011
An enjoyable read for fans of the series, otherwise skip it.

This book was merely OK. There is too much carried forward from the earlier books to make this a good stand-alone, but those who follow the series should enjoy it. There are appearances from most of the earlier characters, and some of them have major changes occurring in their lives. It's a bit like a soap opera.

Personally, I found this episode more preachy than the earlier books in the series, with more references to church attendance
Laurel-Rain
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another chapter in the Blossom Street series, with "Summer On Blossom Street," brings another knitting class and a new group of characters to A Good Yarn, the shop owned by Lydia Goetz. Some new and old characters join the story, as Lydia introduces a new class called Knit to Quit.

Each of the women (and one man) join the class to help them with a kind of addiction, varying from smoking to getting over an old love.
New romance slips unexpectedly into the worlds of these characters, even as disappo
Kathryn
Aug 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Becca
Jan 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
"Summer on Blossom Street" by Debbie Macomber was a must read for me. I love Debbie Macomber and the Blossom Street series is 1 of my 2 favorite series by her. The book revolves around a few key characters. Lydia Goetz owns a yarn shops and always offers fun classes. She is married to a man named Brad and her sister Margaret also works at the yarn shop. Phoebe Rylander was new this book and had just broken up with her fiancee. Bryan "Hutch" Hutchinson is also a new character. He and his family o ...more
Anne Hawn Smith
Nov 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Lydia Goetz, owner of "A Good Yarn" knitting shop decides to start a novel new knitting group. "Knit to Quit." It doesn't matter what you are quitting, just let knitting get you through it. She doesn't have to wait long for willing customers and new knitters. First there's Phoebe Rylander who wants to end her relationship with a man and Alix Turner who has to quit smoking when she and her husband want to have a baby. Then there's Bryan Hutchinson whose doctor recommends he take up knitting as a ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Phoebe Rylander just ended her engagement to Clark Snowden because he was caught cheating yet again. Phoebe works as physical therapist and needs an activity to occupy her time seeing a sign "Knit to Quit" class in A Good Yarn Shop is the answer to her problem. Alix Turner knows that she needs to quit smoking in order to get pregnant. Alix signs up for "Knit to Quit" class she signs up. Bryan "Hutch" Hutchinson needs to reduce his stress so he signs up for "Knit to Quit" class. This eclectic gro ...more
Kalyn
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Macomber's books help a reader escape to a nice, simple, and ideal world. I am not a knitter or crafty person. The Blossom Street series centers around a knit shop but it is the characters and the struggles in their lives that draw a reader in. I think I know why Macomber's books are popular is because they are like a TV sitcom episode. You have a problem and it is solved by the end, but it a sweet way. The books in this series get better after the first one. I didn't like the first one but I ha ...more
♡Ann  Matalines♡
...the perfect metaphor-together, yet individual-for our marriage.

I always liked Lydia and the whole gang. It fells like Debbie Macomber has lived a thousand lives. She captures different emotions like a reader lives with them.

Though it was a cliffhanger I wouldn't like to end it some other way.
Monique Pearson
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wish I had waited and read Twenty-one Wishes AFTER this. The Goodreads reading order is incorrect. HOWEVER I LOVED Phoebe and Hutch as well as Casey came to be with Lydia and Brad. Margaret's response to the young girl really surprised me. Clark was a deviant jerk and I was really happy about his story ended.
Pam Piper
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I’m really enjoying reading this Author. I need to see what books comes next. I didn’t realize there were so many in a sequence! Lucked out this was the one after the last one I read :)
fireside reads
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and by far i LOVE this book. I laughed & cried through happiness & trials. Debbie is one of my favorite authors. ...more
Heather
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing Blossom Street book! 💖💖 I love how all these characters seem like family instead of friends 💖💖
Patricia
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Again, I am loving the Blossom Street series, but this one was the best!
Bookworman
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series just gets better and better. Definitely in my future re-reading list.
Janie701
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Nice story with interesting characters but it end was soooo predictable!
rimbluebooks (Rim)
Wow. And to think I was gonna unhaul this before reading it. Luckily I didn't..

This book packed so much things but the main focus was human relationships (mothers -- daughters/ sons).

Where's I enjoyed following all the stories I still think that things wrapped up quite nicely all the time; that or I'm just a pessimist.

The author would mention important events but we don't get to see them play on the page we're constantly told that things "went well" nevertheless I still enjoyed reading.
There
what happend to Anne Marie Roche??? 1 29 Sep 10, 2013 11:03AM

• Wind Chime Point (Ocean Breeze, #2)
  • Midnight Promises (The Sweet Magnolias, #8)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York Time ...more

Blossom Street (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1)
  • A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2)
  • Susannah's Garden (Blossom Street, #3)
  • Back on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #4)
  • Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)
  • Hannah's List (Blossom Street, #7)
  • A Turn in the Road (Blossom Street, #8)
  • Starting Now (Blossom Street, #9)
  • Blossom Street Brides (Blossom Street #10)
  • Blossom Street Collection Volume 1: The Shop on Blossom Street\A Good Yarn\Susannah's Garden\Back on Blossom Street