Start by marking “Motion to Dismiss (Kali O'Brien, #3)” as Want to Read:
Motion to Dismiss (Kali O'Brien, #3)

Motion to Dismiss (Kali O'Brien #3)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  151 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Jonnie Jacobs joins the elite ranks of Nancy Taylor Rosenberg and Lisa Scottoline with her Kali O'Brien Mysteries. Shadow of Doubt, which first introduced attorney Kali O'Brien, was hailed by John Lescroart as "crisp and stylish". Kali's return in Evidence of Guilt was called "slick, fast-paced, and cleverly plotted", by Booklist. Now, in "Motion To Dismiss", which Kirkus ...more
Published April 1st 2000 by Kensington (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Motion to Dismiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Motion to Dismiss

One-Click
Audiobook

Narration - Eleanor Walker-Jenkins - Pretty Good!
I just read another review that said the narration was monotone and I have to disagree and agree. I thought she had a wide range of character voices and when she was reading dialogue she brought the characters to life. Her storytelling/narration was a little more monotone-ish, but she has a pleasant voice and I found her overall very enjoyable to listen to.

The story was terrific! I had a hard time pulling the earbuds out of my ears to do
Dlora
Jul 07, 2016 rated it liked it
This legal thriller reminded me of the old Perry Mason stories with the smart lawyer brilliantly controlling the courtroom scenes and a wily detective out finding ammunition for the defense, except that the lawyer in this modern story is a woman, Kali O'Brien, and rather than a sympathetic, delicate woman needing Perry Mason's help, Kali is defending the less-than-likeable powerhouse husband of her best friend (who happens to be the needy woman, pregnant, threatening miscarriage, and delaying ch ...more
Petra
Having recently enjoyed "The Only Suspect" by Jonnie Jacobs, I was pleased to receive "Motion to Dismiss" in an exchange for a review.
Not having read the first two books in this series, I was slightly worried whether I'd be lost, but the book worked well as a stand-alone.
It is a solid legal thriller / mystery. Defense attorney Kali O'Brien is defending her best friend's husband who is accused of rape. Torn between wanting to support her friend and niggling doubts about the husband's innocence, K
Christine Raymond
Jan 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Kat
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Marie
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy the fast paced, straight forward way this author writes. Sometimes I just crave a quick easy read that keeps me interested and this plot certainly did that. I have become a fan of the protagonist, Kali O'Brien,in this story, and look forward to reading more books containing this character.
Robin Halvorson
Aug 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Very good story line. I thought I had figured out who done it early on I was wrong. The actual villain came as a shock to me. The narrator did a very good job, the author wrote a good story and now I have to go back and get the first two books in the series. That is the highest accolade that I can give a book, that I want to complete the series.
Helen Rector
Who killed Hal?

Nice easy read. Characters likable but not super interesting. Lots of loose ends, so the reader is denied knowing how peripheral but key characters came off. Did the journalist get his story? Did Xavier get a bit of fame? And yes it seemed unprofessional for Kali to take the case.
Suzan
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this book in 2003 and loved it. I am a fan of the Kali O'Brien series. So when I was gifted the audio version I was very happy. The understanding was I would give an honest review.
I have to say that I still loved the book but got a different experience. I loved the job the narrator did.
Lena Creasy
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Kept you guessing till the end. Very well written. Hard to put down. I enjoy reading this author's books each book is a stand alone story but has the continuing theme of Kali's life.
Lili
Jun 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller, kindle, law
This my first read of a Jonnie Jacobs book and this is the 3rd in the series featuring Kali O'Brien. It is an enjoyable legal mystery, thriller that has an interesting plot and believable characters. Will look forward to reading more in this series.
Ellen Moore
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a good book. I like legal thrillers, and this one had a client who looked very guilty and who did all the wrong things to assist his attorneys. It reminded me of Lisa Scottolini's work.
Lanelle Duke
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
meh. I wanted to like it a lot because it's a series and that would mean more books for me to read. However, after reading this first one, I don't feel the need to read another.
LaSonya "I'm All Booked Up" Woodom
Enjoyable read. Figured out who the killer was about 3/4 of the way through the book but it was still good.
Dawn Bonnefond
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this whole series.
Courtney Morgan
  • Little Sister
  • Blackout
  • Dark and Deadly
  • Now You Die
  • The Echo of Violence (Sweet Justice, #3)
  • Perfectly Ridiculous (Universally Misunderstood, #3)
  • Share No Secrets
  • Cut to the Quick (Nan Vining Mysteries, #2)

Kali O'Brien (7 books)
  • Shadow of Doubt (Kali O'Brien, #1)
  • Evidence of Guilt (Kali O'Brien, #2)
  • Witness for the Defense (Kali O'Brien, #4)
  • Cold Justice (Kali O'Brien, #5)
  • Intent to Harm (Kali O'Brien, #6)
  • The Next Victim (Kali O'Brien, #7)