Start by marking “Blutmale (Rizzoli & Isles, #6)” as Want to Read:
Blutmale (Rizzoli & Isles, #6)

Blutmale

(Rizzoli & Isles #6)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  33,363 ratings  ·  1,642 reviews
„Peccavi – ich habe gesündigt!“

Eine junge Frau wird verstümmelt aufgefunden – ihre Leiche wurde offensichtlich für ein satanisches Ritual missbraucht. Die weihnachtliche Stimmung endet jäh, als Detective Jane Rizzoli zum Fundort einer weiblichen Leiche gerufen wird. Bei der Autopsie entdeckt Gerichtsmedizinerin Maura Isles, dass die abgetrennte Hand einer ander
Published December 8th 2008 by Blanvalet Taschenbuch Verlag (first published September 12th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Blutmale, please sign up.
Sarah Hi
Hi
You will find them more enjoyable if you can follow them in order. The books themselves can stand alone and each story is a different case. However, (without giving anything away), the characters are unraveled as their personalities and pasts are revealed and each book develops the characters relationships. Reading them in order will make much more sense and give you more depth and understanding to certain behaviours. Hold on if you can, it will be worth it!(less)
Helene Robinet They are connectiing. i think that if you read it now, you won't get the idea that you miss something. However, i you begin with the surgeon and then…moreThey are connectiing. i think that if you read it now, you won't get the idea that you miss something. However, i you begin with the surgeon and then go on, you will enjoy the Mefisto Club better. Then you will have some more informations about Maura Isles en Jane Rizzoli, about Father Brophy (otherwise you won't see exactly what Maura and Daniel are about), Vince Korsack and so on. It is not really necessary to know about it to have a good time, but my advies to you would be to read all the books from the beginning, for the characters evolve, as well as their relations.
Enjoy.(less)

·  33,363 ratings  ·  1,642 reviews

Sheila
Mar 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is probably my least favorite of Rizzoli and Isles series. I suppose it is all the demon possession parts of the story. I prefer regular old fashioned sociopaths.
Jonetta
Homicide detective Jane Rizzoli and medical examiner Maura Isles are called to the scene of the brutal murder of a young woman. Strange symbols and a cryptic message are clues that lead them to an even stranger group of people who are members of the Mephisto Foundation, a group of scholars who believe in and study the history of evil. Even more disturbing is the discovery that Dr. Joyce O’Donnell is a member and evidence suggests the killer is somehow connected to her.

This was a creepy story th
Paige  Bookdragon
Ever since Maura Isles got the spotlight in this series, I've been complaining how pathetic she is when it comes to her love life. Seriously, she keeps on trying to fall in love to every attractive guy who looks at her. How come a logical and level-headed medical examiner can make such stupid moves is beyond me.

description

Anyway, The Memphisto Club is the sixth book in the Rizzoli and Isles series. We got some stabbings here, some bullets flying between the good and the evil, a weird club and a ton of medica
Jim
"You can study a face all you want, but you never really know what lies beneath the mask.”

The sixth book in the Rizzoli & Isles series. I have enjoyed reading the books in this series but this is probably my least favorite. It was still an enjoyable read but it was too Dan Brownish. Too much demons / the devil, the bible, secret societies, etc. I understand how Jane Rizzoli felt in this story.

It is Christmas Eve and both Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles draw the short straws when they are
Jean
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Peccavi. “I have sinned.” This Latin word, along with three upside down crosses, is found on the wall of a lurid murder scene on Christmas Eve. The Mephisto Club, Tess Gerritsen’s sixth book in her much-liked Rizzoli & Isles series, features more graphic murder scenes than several of her previous novels. Mephisto takes its name from the legend of Dr. Faustus. Mephistopheles was the evil spirit that appeared to Faustus after he drew secret symbols. The result: Faustus sold his soul to the devil.

Both Detective
Erin
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tv-series, march-2019
The Mephisto Club is book #6 in the Rizzoli & Isles series and in my opinion its the weakest. I think book 6 was a little too inspired by Dan Brown and his books.

The Mephisto Club is about demons, Satan, secret societies, and lost books of the Bible and it was just less fun then the other books in the series.

I still love this series and I won't let one disappointing book effect my opinion of the rest of the series.
Jennifer Wardrip
It amazes me that Tess Gerritsen is able to write such awesome thrillers, time after time. And yet she does, proving that she is, quite simply, at the top of her game--and at the top of the psychological thriller/mystery genre!

Many others have outlined the plot of THE MEPHISTO CLUB, so let me just say a few things: this is a great storyline, original, and handled deftly. The action-adventure is non-stop throughout the book, and although you know, basically from the beginning of the story, who t
Fred
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, re-read
Tess Gerritsen Fans Group Link

A nice read with Rizzoli & Isles, Christmas Eve is spoiled in Boston. A Latin word "Peccavi" & crosses (written upside down) are left in blood on bodies. The Latin word means "I Have Sinned". Upside down crosses are against "Chtistanity".
Severed body parts from one murder are swap with another part at the next murder. A symbol is left on Maura's door causing her fear.

A Mephisto Club member, Dr. Joyce O'Donnell (psychiatrist), appears but no
Michelle♥
I really didn't like this one all that much. I was actually able to put it down and walk away from it.

I was not thrilled with the character development in this one, there was really only two surprising things...(view spoiler)

The overall plot wasn't that
Siobhan
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Mephisto Club is the sixth Rizzoli and Isles book, and if I’m being honest it is probably my least favourite thus far. It was still an enjoyable read, but I didn’t love it in the way I loved the five prior books. I’m unsure if this is because it has been so long since I read Vanish or whether it was the story itself but I’m hoping I’ll enjoy The Keepsake a lot more.

The one thing I can clearly attribute to my lowered enjoyment is the attention paid to the private life of Isles. Ev
Elizabeth
Nov 18, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Peccavi

The Latin word is scrawled in blood at the scene of a young woman's brutal murder: "I HAVE SINNED". It's a chilling Christmas greeting for Boston medical examiner Maura Isles and Detective Jane Rizzoli, who swiftly link the victim to controversial celebrity psychiatrist Joyce O'Donnell - Maura's professional nemesis and member of a secret society called "The Mephisto Club."

On tony Beacon Hill, the club's acolytes devote themselves to the analysis of evil: Can it be
Jaksen
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loving these books, very much enjoyed this one.

(I have skipped #5, though, as it involves a crime in a hospital setting with a hostage situation, etc. I don't like those kinds of stories; I find them tedious with everyone kind of holding static in place.)

Anyhow, Jane Rizzoli, homicide detective with a new baby and husband, and Dr. Maura Isles, forensic pathologist, (hope I got that right!) get involved with some rather morbid murders involving demons, the devil, mysteriou
Paul Finch
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WARNING FOR SLIGHT SPOILERS

As usual, on/off partners in crime-fighting, Detective Jane Rizzoli and medical examiner, Doctor Maura Isles, are having difficulties in their personal lives.

At the start of The Mephisto Club, Isles’s yearning for handsome Catholic priest, Father Daniel Brophy, remains unrequited, but as he is equally attracted to her, how long that status will last is anyone’s guess. Meanwhile Jane Rizzoli, an experienced homicide investigator with the Boston PD, has a ha
Kellie
This is a series that has almost become a diamond in the rough. I remember, the first book did not really strike me as great, but it was good enough for me to want to read the second one. Ever since, this series has really caught my attention. The setting has been mostly Boston, but this book travels to upstate New York. The Binghamton area, Lourdes Hospital, Norwich and even Syracuse are mentioned. Jane and Maura are tracking an evil force. With the unwanted assistance of the Mephisto Club, the ...more
CD {Boulder Blvd}
This one didn't work for me. The guilty party was identified early and then we go through a history lesson on the myth of demons. The Mephisto Club itself was a group of creepy people. Although I did like a certain character getting in too deep (I won't spoil). I didn't like Maura having the affair with the Priest and wished their relationship hadn't progressed that far. The ending set up at a remote location seemed too much like a plot device versus something that would happen.

Altho
Wendy Darling
I hate it when this series focuses on Maura's boring love life. How a smart woman can make nothing but stupid choices where her romantic relationships are concerned is beyond me.
Gary
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superbly crafted

this book reads like a horror novel but is a mystery nonetheless. The author does a nice job developing the characters and it is clear that this tendency began earlier in the series. I started with this book and it worked as a stand alone, but there are references to previous books in the series that loyal readers no doubt recognize.
The story begins with a murder on Christmas Eve that appears to be a satanic ritual. A group of amateur sleuths with a lot of money and less
Sydney Gibson
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I still am loving these books! However, this one was a little on the eh side for me. I enjoyed the story, but was a bit lost when the talk about mythology and religion came into play. I felt at times that took over the story when there needed to be more focus on the killer and the investigation.

I know my reviews are vague, but I don't like throwing out too many details that will ruin a reader's decision to read any book. So I apologize for that!!

I'm excited to start the next rizzoli and isles
Kelly  R
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Similar to the Da Vinci Code in terms of symbol/demon hunters, disappointing ending.
Jane
I don't know what happened but this is my least favourite Rizzoli & Isles so far. Maura seemed stuck in her own head for having fallen in love with a priest and worrying whether anything's going to happen or what is going to happen. Ugh, get a grip woman! For a 41-year-old woman she seems a bit too much like a teenager at times.

The crime part of the story reminded me quite a bit of one of the Robert Langdon stories because there was a lot of talk about God, christianity and its s
Lynsey A
Another Rizzoli and Isles book draws to a close for me. A great story with quite a bit of excitement.

I still feel sorry for Maura. She's heading down a road that is going to leave her with nothing but heartbreak. She deserves happiness.

As for the friendship between Maura and Jane I still want in the books what I see in the tv series. They are friends but it just doesn't feel like a deep friendship. I don't see a great deal of closeness, just judgement and anger at times. I don't kno
Karen Mcgillivray
Hair raisin. I was scared and spooked reading this.... Great.
Sheila Beaumont
Loved it! I'm reading these in series order, and this is my favorite so far.
Katie
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review, crime
I absolutely loved The Mephisto Club. This does not come as a surprise at all, as I really enjoy all of Gerritsen's books. This one contains some mystery- and thriller-tropes that I find very intriguing (e.g. satanism, occult symbols, an apparently psychopatic/socipathic killer) and combines them with a number of plot twists I did not necessarily see coming.
Since I did not read the Rizzoli and Isles series in order, this is in fact one of the last volumes I had yet to read. (view spoiler) ...more
Kales
Okay so the mystery on this one was weird and I wasn't as impressed with it. I do like how it paned out with the family drama and eventually tied together with the Italy story. But the best part of this book was the character development of Rizzoli and Isles.

Isles and the priest...I was literally driving down the road listening to the audiobook shouting down the road like someone had just cut me off. I was losing my mind at the drama and intensity of it all, I almost had to pull over
Iza
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, I'm not much into angels, demons, nephilims and the likes, especially in a non-urban fantasy, but I have to admit I read it in just a few hours.
It was cold outside, it was warm under the cover and I had a good cup of tea, but still, good pacing, intriguing plot and not too much Maura !
On to the next, I already borrowed it at the library...
Maan
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-atw-80
This is my first Rizzoli and Isles book. I like it so far. The secret club and demonology reminded me of my favorite Anne Rice series about The Mayfair Witches.
Fergie
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tess Gerritsen spins another magical web of mystery in her novel, The Mephisto Club. Here, the story is tied to The Book of Enoch, an ancient text written some two hundred years before Christ. Gerritsen uses Enoch as a foundation for her tale of intrigue to discuss the age-old question of evil. The reader doesn’t need to get bogged down with the historical details of The Book of Enoch to enjoy The Mephisto Club. To buy into the pre-biblical & biblical stories covered in this novel is not ask ...more
Alisha Marie
I think I should start out by mentioning that anything about demons or the Devil just scares the hell out of me. I'm not a particularly religious person, but was just traumatized by my viewing of The Exorcist when I was about twelve years old. So, yeah, I'm a wimp when it comes to that sort of stuff. However, I am inexplicably drawn towards the subject probably because I like to be scared sometimes (when it's daytime, of course). So, The Mephisto Club was right up my alley with Rizzoli and Isles ...more
Aneca
It seems I can't stay away from Rizzoli and Isles for too long so last week I grabbed book 6 - The Mephisto Club. As usual we start with a scene that will only make sense later and then we find Jane and Maura investigating a grotesque murder where the victim was decapitated. The manner in which the head is posed suggests a ritual of some kind and the severed hand found on the scene turns out not to belong to that body,

Then a cop is found murdered in the gardens of the owner of the my
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question M 5 6 Nov 01, 2018 07:32AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question E 4 6 Oct 31, 2018 11:50PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question G 4 5 Oct 31, 2018 11:38PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question H 4 6 Oct 31, 2018 11:34PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question K 4 3 Oct 31, 2018 11:24PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question L 3 4 Oct 26, 2018 03:27PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question J 3 5 Oct 26, 2018 03:24PM

• 206 Bones (Temperance Brennan, #12)
  • Abandoned (Smoky Barrett #4)
  • Dead Secret (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #3)
  • Exposed (Maggie O'Dell, #6)
  • De geur van regen (Paul Vegter #3)
  • The Bone Thief (Body Farm, #5)
  • Pandora's Daughter
  • Live to Tell (Detective D.D. Warren, #4)
  • Faithless (Grant County, #5)
  • The Stone Monkey (Lincoln Rhyme, #4)
  • Dead Run (Monkeewrench, #3)
Internationally bestselling author Tess Gerritsen took an unusual route to a writing career. A graduate of Stanford University, Tess went on to medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, where she was awarded her M.D.

While on maternity leave from her work as a physician, she began to write fiction. In 1987, her first novel was published. Call After Midnight, a roman

Rizzoli & Isles (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Surgeon (Rizzoli & Isles, #1)
  • The Apprentice (Rizzoli & Isles, #2)
  • The Sinner (Rizzoli & Isles, #3)
  • Body Double (Rizzoli & Isles, #4)
  • Vanish (Rizzoli & Isles, #5)
  • The Keepsake (Rizzoli & Isles, #7)
  • Ice Cold (Rizzoli & Isles, #8)
  • The Silent Girl (Rizzoli & Isles, #9)
  • Last to Die (Rizzoli & Isles, #10)
  • Die Again (Rizzoli & Isles, #11)
“I know there’s evil in the world, and there always has been. But you don’t need to believe in Satan or demons to explain it. Human beings are perfectly capable of evil all by themselves.” 305 likes
“You can study a face all you want, but you never really know what lies beneath the mask.” 5 likes