Start by marking “7 Weeks to 100 Push-Ups: Strengthen and Sculpt Your Arms, Abs, Chest, Back and Glutes by Training to do 100 Consecutive Push-Ups” as Want to Read:

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  215 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
"As a symbol of health and wellness, nothing surpasses the simple push-up. It tests the whole body, engaging muscle groups in the arms, chest, abdomen, hips and legs." —The New York Times

If you're ready to massively increase your strength, follow the 7-week program in this book and you'll soon be able to complete 100 consecutive push-ups! You'll also transform your fitness
Published June 1st 2009 by Ulysses Press

To ask other readers questions about 7 Weeks to 100 Push-Ups, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 7 Weeks to 100 Push-Ups

intrepideddie
Jul 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book came about from the author's wildly popular website hundredpushups.com. (The full workout is there and totally free.) The book has a lot more information: some simple anatomy, stretching, warming up, alternate ways to do pushups, and various tidbits and trivia on pushups. Mostly irrelevant fluff, but I'm sure some find it interesting.

The full workout is in the book, as it is on the website -- just with a bit more explanation to go along with it.

I have done this workout, and it is fanta
Lonny Grout
Aug 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
I read this a while ago, and had not got a chance to write a review until now. This book is proof that any idiot can write a book, and any idiot often does. By the non-existant standards in this book one should be able to do 1000 push-ups by this author's vague description. Nothing like taking something the army has known for years and trying to make something off of that. You don't need a book, push-ups are free. Just start doing them. Can't do even one? Then do them on your knees until you can ...more
Margaret
Jun 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Checked this out of the library - thought it'd be cool to be able to do a bunch of push-ups. Turns out that if you can't even do 1 regular push-up, you need to start with the remedial 4 week plan where you start with wall push-ups, and progress through table, chair, then knee push-ups, before attempting any regular push-ups. Then, there is a 10 week program of regular push-ups for the beginner level. That actually makes it 14 weeks to do 100 push-ups if you're a total weakling like me. I should ...more
Jeb
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
> do 5 to 6 sets of 12+ push-ups with one minute rest 3 times per week
> occasionally spread your hands out different distances from one another to emphasize different parts of the body
> occasionally elevate your legs different degrees to emphasize different parts of your body

Now you don't have to go buy this book.
Jeremy
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good book to motivate yourself into starting a healthy workout routine.
Brent
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
The title of this book pretty much sums up the content. It is a program designed to train a person to do one hundred consecutive push-ups. Although the title’s time frame of “seven weeks” is somewhat arbitrary and will vary depending upon the readers starting fitness level.

The book begins by providing a history of the push-up and a summary of its health benefits. Speirs also spells out areas where the push up will not be the most productive exercise for certain goals, such as bicep development o
Jamalüdin
Aug 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good book,

I'm having crash at week 5, where set increases and total reps is more that 100,

anyway, I'm determined to finish this course.. And I dont consider myself finish reading it until I finish this programe

You will really notice your strength increases,
muscle at your chest, and noticeably triceps getting bigger,

Recommended for all level, and perfectly suitable for beginners
Melly Mel
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Get book if you want to challenge yourself and keep track of where you are and where you want to go. I found that this was something that not only taught me new things and helped me achieve them but also held me accountable for completing the 7 weeks. I will be looking into other books like this from this author to help get me back in shape. Great job Mr. Speirs, coming from a beginner you did an amazing job.
Natasha
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I borrowed this from the local library. This book is one of those rare occasions where I will grant it shelf space in my little house and want it for my own. My mom and youngest brother joined me in following the schedule of push-ups, making steady progress before the book had to be returned. Can't wait to get my own copy! To accomplish 100 push-ups had retreated to the realm of dreams. This book is making this goal a reality.
Alan
Nov 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fitness
It is really pretty simple, just three days a week of set and rest, with two,of five sets being "builders" with more reps. There is a jump from five to,seven sets at one point, and that is harder. The key is doing it. Another author does similar books on pull ups, sit ups, and other exercises. Yes, you could figure this out or get the idea out of an article in Men's Health, but will you?
Beth Lind
Jun 03, 2012 rated it liked it
We'll see how this goes. I start the program tomorrow. I did the "test" earlier today and I'm in the Intermediate One group -- and I'm happy to not be in the Beginner Group (though Intermediate isn't much better). My score on the "test" said that I was average. :) I guess my goal is to become above average.
LadyS
Apr 13, 2016 rated it liked it
From what I read, the program is easy to follow...on paper. The author gives a easy-to-follow push up program. What I liked about this book is that it got straight to the point. Even though I detest push ups, I did a push up challenge before and I was pleased with my results. I plan to start the program and maybe Ill come back and update this review in the next month and a half.
Josh
Sep 07, 2010 rated it liked it
I'm getting a hell of a lot stronger from this program, although I'm not positive I'll be able to do 100 straight push ups in one week. But I feel a lot stronger, and I look super sexy, so 3 stars is good. Maybe I'll change it to 4 if it works.
Barry K Brown
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm excited

I'm excited to start using this information. The workouts seem simple but challenging. I plan to supplement this workout with some weight training to further develop the traps and delts.
Serge Pierro
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
An excellent book for building upper body strength by means of a program of Push Ups. I have seen a large increase in my strength, by following the initial program, and have now moved onto the next advanced section. Lots of good information and a program that was well researched.
Khalid Hashim
Nov 14, 2015 rated it liked it
I followed the program in this book, and maybe I did something wrong, but I didn't reach the claimed 100 consecutive push ups. I did obtain a more powerful and aesthetic chest, so the pros outweigh the cons.
Pradeep Badatiya
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read three of books were super.
Sivakumar Anandan
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great Book, schedules are well defined and motivation quotients are very high.
got to keep up the plan in action !
Adrienne
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, fitness
Short read but inspired me to keep working on my pushups. Slow and steady.
Dominus
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No commmments

No comments. I deny having any interest for this product, nor any product of its kind. Please stop bothering us.
Rohit Raut
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Let's see where this goes in 7 weeks.
Margot
Aug 01, 2011 rated it liked it
7 Weeks to 100 Push-Ups was a very quick, easy read. The training regime seems very well planned and laid out. And, from the section full of testimonials, it sounds like it really works.
Tim Pham
Feb 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice book to read and easy to implement. It is unique to repopularize a trend that has been there for ages
Jenny (Jenny's Book Bag)  Baker
3.5 stars. It's worth buying.
Claire
JJ Pohlman
rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • 7 Weeks to 50 Pull-Ups: Strengthen and Sculpt Your Arms, Shoulders, Back, and ABS by Training to Do 50 Consecutive Pull-Ups
  • The Full Tilt Poker Strategy Guide: Tournament Edition
  • Scrawny to Brawny: The Complete Guide to Building Muscle the Natural Way
  • Hockey For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
  • Poker: The Real Deal
  • You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible Of Bodyweight Exercises For Men And Women
  • Zen and the Art of Poker: Timeless Secrets to Transform Your Game
  • Golf My Way
  • The Men's Health Big Book of Exercises: Four Weeks to a Leaner, Stronger, More Muscular YOU!
  • 101 Ways to Transform Your Life
  • Knots, Splices and Rope Work
  • The New Rules of Lifting: Six Basic Moves for Maximum Muscle
  • Evolution: The Cutting Edge Guide to Breaking Down Mental Walls and Building the Body You've Always Wanted
  • Warrior Cardio: The Revolutionary Metabolic Training System for Burning Fat, Building Muscle, and Getting Fit
  • The Complete Guide to Navy Seal Fitness