Start by marking “The Friendship Pact (Sunrise Cove, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Friendship Pact (Sunrise Cove, #2)

The Friendship Pact

(Sunrise Cove #2)

New York Times bestselling author Jill Shalvis returns to Sunrise Cove with a powerful, moving story about a young woman on a quest to find the truth about her father who learns the meaning of true love along the way.

Alone in the world, Tae Holmes and her mother April pretty much raised each other, but as Tae starts asking questions about the father she's never met, April,
Published June 14th 2022 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about The Friendship Pact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Friendship Pact

Start your review of The Friendship Pact (Sunrise Cove, #2)
Kate Marchand
Thanks so much to Avon and HarperCollins Publishers for this ARC for an honest review. 📚 🥰
This book is released this month just in time for Great Summer Reads 2022 and is excellent from Page 1, First Paragraph:
“For the better part of her childhood, all Tae Holmes had wanted was to be an adult, only as it turned out, adulting was overrated. Take tonight, for example. She’d planned everything down to the very last little detail, and things had still gone FUBAR.”
Who doesn’t immediately identify wi
Amy
Jun 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This will be a surprise to probably nobody, but Jill Shalvis has a new book out next week and I freaking loved it! This is the second book in a series but you don’t have to read them in order as really the only thing they have in common is the setting of Lake Tahoe 😍 You have a second chance romance between Tae and Riggs and then Tae’s mom, April is also a huge part of the story as well. April got pregnant with Tae when she was a teenager and their relationship dynamic was so interesting, oftent ...more
Heather~ Nature.books.and.coffee
This is the second book in the Sunrise Cove series. I did not read the first, but had no issues feeling lost or not understanding what was going on. This was an enjoyable romance book with great characters, and character development.

Tae, who was raised by her teen mom April. She wants to know about her real father, but April is keeping it tight lipped. When Tae gets a new job working for company that deals with athletes with disabilities and wounded warriors. There, she reconnects with Riggs Co
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free review copy of The Friendship Pact. This has in no way influenced my voluntary review which is honest and unbiased.*

The Friendship Pact was such a wonderful romance, with the prickly Tae and the stoic Riggs in the main roles. The other important characters were also very well fleshed out, and it was great to get to know them all.

Full review to come.
Bree Hill
I was so happy to return to Sunrise Cove. Jill Shalvis has created a lane of her own when it comes to small town/romcom/women’s fic and I love that.
I don’t know what I want to rate this book quite yet. It had all the makings of a quintessential Jill Shalvis but I finally experienced what I’ve yet to experience with her…it was a bit of a slog at times to finish. I went into the book thinking definite five stars and it had those moments where I felt that’s what it was going to be but there was som
Jewlsbookblog
Mar 12, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, arc, 2022
While I liked the multitude of characters and the varied relationships-sibling, parent, friends, old loves, etc.- I loved the interactions between Jake and Riggs best! Unfortunately, April and Tae’s uber codependent relationship drove me a little bonkers. Now Tae and Riggs’s somewhat rocky relationship took the cake on challenging! These two took stubborn to a new level and while they checked a lot of boxes for me, their personal baggage also had me reading in spurts to avoid becoming overly fru ...more
Wendy W.
Jun 04, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Friendship Pact by Jill Shalvis is her second book in her popular Sunrise Cove series, set in Lake Tahoe, California, but this can easily be read as a stand-alone book. I enjoyed this emotional, second-chance romance.

Tae Holmes and her mother April have relied on each other for Tae’s entire life. April was only fifteen years old when she gave birth to Tae, and they practically raised each other. Tae is an event coordinator in Tahoe and lives right next door to her mother, April, she’s recen
☕️Kimberly
Jun 01, 2022 rated it really liked it
The story is set in Lake Tahoe, California, where we meet Tae Holmes and her mother April. April raised Tae alone and the two are close. In fact, they bought a duplex together and are now neighbors. Tae is an event planner and works from home. She is determined to support both herself and her mother, so money has been tight. When we meet her, she is handling her first event for an adventure company for athletes with disabilities and wounded warriors.

An awkward encounter involving her most recent
Brandy
Jun 02, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two words: Unicorn! Onesie! That’s it, that’s the review.

Ok, no, I have more to say. Like how much I love Tae, who is fierce in her love for her mom and determined to make her life better than it was. She is so good, so giving, so strong, and I love that she is someone who can see beyond the pain and heartache that life has given her.

Riggs….I just want to hug him. And shove him when he’s being hard headed. But mostly hug him. He is so lost and hurt and damaged, but also so giving and loving.

I
Lisa
Apr 12, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own."

The Friendship Pact is a feel good read. It makes you feel what they are feeling and growing through. So far I enjoyed most of Jill Shavis books. 4 star read 🌟🌟🌟🌟

Thanks Netgalley for a arc copy of this book for a honest review

Happy Reading Lisa 📚
Peggy
Apr 03, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A heartwarming story that centers on family, friendship and forgiveness. I enjoyed the characters and the relationship between Tae and her Mom.
Secrets have been kept and when they come to light ....well, I recommend you read this one.
Ami

At one point, I may have to stop my inner doubt about Jill Shalvis' writing as she moves to the "less traditional romance" to more of Women Fiction in my opinion (you know, less heat, more secondary/tertiary characters highlight as well). Because The Friendship Pact, the second book set in Sunrise Cove, totally grips my heart, makes it hurt (in a good way), and manages to make me shed tears (not tears of sadness, believe me). I get weepy easily if the moment is so touching, and that mom
LianaReads blog
Jun 16, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: june-22
Blog tour

I love the author’s stories. They always make me smile and knowing that I’ll be finishing with a heart full of love and emotions, I’m always up for whatever she will publish next.

The friendship pact is the second instalment in her Sunrise Cove series and can be read as a standalone with no issues. I will always recommend reading the first book as some characters are making appearances and being a new series, gives you an insight into this new wor
Tanja ~ KT Book Reviews
Perfectly written and a wonderful addition to any summer beach bag! The Friendship Pact by Jill Shalvis is filled with everything I love about romance. This is truly one of my favorite reads of 2022. It has everything I want in a book. Emotional upheaval, overcoming trauma, learning to trust your instincts, and discovering that we’re not infallible. Love is for all of us, no matter who you are or the mistakes you've made.

~Tanja

*Thank you to @WillianMorrow @AvonBooks @HarperCollins @JillShalvis #
Yodamom
Riggs and Tae are the best kind of couple for tis reader, they have a hard earned relationship. Both have issues, big ones that they struggle with, this is not an easy intsa love story. Tae raised by a single teen mother, who handed down some of her own issues. Riggs who come from an abusive background of a different nature is alway on the run. They are very likable, very layered characters as are the rest of the cast.
I really enjoyed this book. I connected with the characters. We had some simil
♥Rachel♥
Review to come.
Claire
May 25, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Admit it... I'm growing on you." Stars!

The Friendship Pact is a cracking addition to the Sunrise Cove series. I loved Tae and Riggs, both people with their own demons, that they essentially use as a shield to protect them from emotional entanglements in their adult lives.

"Keep your eyes and hear open..."

Problem is both of them see something in the other that makes them want to lower those shields to see what could come of actually letting someone in on a deeper level. Someone who for both
Kate Olson
(free review copy) I’ll definitely keep reading the series and I love Shalvis, but this one just didn’t do it for me.
Jenn
Mar 08, 2022 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, own
Shalvis continues her Sunrise Cove series with The Friendship Pact. It's summer in Tahoe and Tae, working as an event planner, and her mom April, working as a receptionist for an adventure business for wounded vets and at-risk youth are working on a day of fun for the company. But Tae meets someone who puts doubt in her mind about the story she's been told about her father. Now she's trying to find the truth while also confronting someone from her past.

Uuuuggggg. Y'all this wasn't good. It took
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 4.5 stars

I am sure it’s no surprise to see me awarding lots of stars to a Jill Shalvis book, as her books never fail to win me over. After my success with The Family You Make, I was excited to return to Sunrise Cove, and obviously, I was not disappointed.

Second chance romances are my catnip, and per usual, I found myself deeply invested in Riggs and Tae marching off into the sunset together. They had formed a bond as teens, but had not seen each other in many years. The sparks instantly
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 19, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: missy
I love an enemies-to-lovers romance but Kae and Riggs are perfect for each other, even though they’re both afraid to admit it. And neither thinks they want anything longer than the few months before Riggs leaves for DC. But man, are they so very wrong—and it’s so fun watching as they try to figure it all out.

Throw in a bit of family drama along with the romance and The Friendship Pact is a perfect summer beach read. ~ Missy, 4 stars
Carolyn
Jun 20, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shalvis-jill
It's okay. I am, obviously, in the minority but it didn't hit me like her books usually do. ...more
Elizabeth
Mar 28, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
The Friendship Pact has a case of “blurb doesn’t exactly match the real book” and I must say that in this case, I am glad.

Ms Shalvis does an excellent job of weaving a world around Tae, Riggs, and April that was enjoyable and had me rooting for these characters throughout the book.

In the Friendship Pact, we get a glimpse of different types of love and dedication and just how those things can influence our lives - both in positive ways and negative when they might be absent.

As always, Ms Shalvi
Kait Nolan
Prickly, distrustful shero? Check.
Hardened, former military hero? Check.
A past connection that's still alive and saves them both? Double check.
OMG I loved this so much. Sunrise Cove is really a return to everything I love about a Jill Shalvis book. Can't wait for the next installment.
Susan
Good book about two people who have put up walls around their hearts to keep them safe. For Tae, it's been her and her mom against the world her entire life. April was only fifteen when she had Tae, so they sometimes seem more like sisters than mother and daughter. Life has been challenging, but things are finally looking up. April has a good job as a receptionist with Adrenaline HQ, which provides activities/adventures for disabled kids and adults and wounded warriors. Tae has her own event pla ...more
Randi (randi_reads)
I can always count on this author to write a feel-good romance. She never fails me. Her books are definitely comfort reads for me. I enjoyed this second book in the Sunrise Cove series.

While this is a series, it's only a series based on location--Lake Tahoe. It can be read as a standalone without any difficulties. Besides being a second chance romance for Tae and Riggs, it is also a story of Tae finding her father and her relationship with her mother.

Tae has always wondered about her father. He
LeighAnne (that.bookmom)
I recently read The Family You Make (Book 1 in the Sunrise Cove series) and loved it, so I was so excited for the opportunity to read and early copy of The Friendship Pact (Book 2)! This book is part of a series, but can definitely be read as a standalone.

The Friendship Pact is a heartwarming story about... Yep, you guess it ~ Friendship! But it's also about family, forgiveness and second chances.

"Family isn’t whose blood you carry, it’s who you love."

Shalvis definitely knows how to write a go
Jan Sikes
May 30, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Friendship Pact is a story about family, friendship, and forgiveness. The characters in this story are deeply flawed and fighting to rise above their limitations, both physical and mental.

I enjoyed many of the tertiary characters, but the story focuses mainly on Tae Holmes and Riggs Copeland, as well as Tae's relationship with her mother, April, and Riggs' relationship with his brother, Jake. Mistakes were made when April discovered she was pregnant after a one-night stand at a party. Lies w
Taryn
Jun 18, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Tae Holmes grew up with her single mother April but always felt like the adult. The two have always been close and even live next door to one another. Tae might have much right now but she is giving it her all and can't believe it when she lands a contract for an adventure company. The business is much needed and she hopes it will be a jumping off point for more business. The first big event she throws doesn't exactly go as planned but didn't turn out as badly as she thought it would. Things def ...more
Shannon
4.5*

One of my favorite Jill Shalvis' novels!

Second chance romance is my second favorite trope- throw in some childhood friends, and I am all in! And while Tae and Riggs really only had a one night stand back in the day, I loved seeing them reconnect and explore the feelings that had been simmering for so long.

The Friendship Pact was a sweet, swoony, emotional read. It was all about family and the choices we make, and the consequences of those choices.
I love how Ms. Shalvis interwove multiple sto
"The Friendship Pact" by Jill Shalvis Review. 1 2 May 27, 2022 05:10PM

• The Honeymoon Cottage
  • The Boardwalk Bookshop
  • When It Falls Apart (The D'Angelos, #1)
  • Then Came Love (The Bradens & Montgomerys / Pleasant Hill - Oak Falls 9; The Bradens #25; Love in Bloom #65)
  • Unforgiven (Deep Ops #5)
  • A Ruin of Roses (Deliciously Dark Fairytales, #1)
  • Groomed to Perfection (Meet Me at the Altar, #5)
  • Beach House Summer
  • Summer at the Cape
  • Out of the Clear Blue Sky
  • Discord (Bound to the Fae, #1)
  • The Inn on Mirror Lake (Highland Falls #4)
  • Anubis (Gods of the Duat #3; The Gods Universe #10)
  • The Coven's Captive: A Demonic Holiday Tale
  • The Best of Me (Blessings, Georgia, #13)
  • Mister McHottie (Girl Band #1)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Chef's Kiss
See top shelves…
Multiple New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jill Shalvis lives in a small town in the Sierras full of quirky characters. Any resemblance to the quirky characters in her books is … mostly coincidental. Look for Jill’s bestselling, award-winning heartwarming and full of humor novels wherever books are sold and visit her website for a complete book list and blog detailing her city-girl- ...more

Sunrise Cove (3 books)
  • The Family You Make (Sunrise Cove, #1)
  • The Backup Plan (Sunrise Cove, #3)