Start by marking “A Case for Romance” as Want to Read:

(Friends & Lovers #3)

Ayanna Walker's life was her job and raising her two nephews. She barely had time to remember she even had a passionate side...and didn't expect that workaholic attorney Johnny Phillips would unleash it. But when Johnny's kiss curled her toes, she knew they would enjoy a summer fling neither would forget.

As soon as he met sweet, shapely Ayanna at his sister's wedding, John
Published January 1st 2009 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about A Case for Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Case for Romance

Connie
Sweet, sizzling and lots of fun! Ayanna is a generous and caring woman who gave up her dreams to raise her nephews after her sister is killed. Johnny is a world traveling, casual-dating kind of guy, but when he falls for Ayanna, he falls hard. However, Ayanna is all about protecting her heart and her "boys". Will Johnny (and his crazy sisters) be able to convince Ayanna to take from life what she so richly deserves? I love the part when she put Johnny's ex-hook-up in her place. Hilarious!!!
Sally
Jul 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: aacpl-books, ebooks
I picked this up because it's been ages since I've actually read a contemporary romance and I wanted to remind myself what they were like, so this is probably an unfair review judging a single book for the character of its genre. (Melanie Schuster pls don't read).

That said it wasn't bad! The heroine was bland, the hero was improbably great in every way imaginable, the romance went from zero to eighty in two pages and then stopped building entirely until it suddenly zoomed to 200% in the last cha
D.lee
Jan 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Johnny has never had a real relationship with a woman, but he wants one with Ayanna. Ayanna is a single mother of two teenage boys and can't believe that Johnny is interested in more than an affair. They embark upon a steamy romance. Johnny knows Ayanna is the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with. His feelings get hurt when he thinks that Ayanna is only interested in him for sex. Johnny leaves to lick his wounds, but a crisis brings them back together again. I love this story as alway ...more
Karen
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: melanie-schuster
This was an awesome read with an awesome storyline. The "Playa"...Johnny Phillips had to turn in his cards when single mother, Ayanna Walker, his sister Billie's best friend wooed him over. I love how she was able to overcome some serious self-esteem problem in order to be able to experience and share in a love that she deserved. This is a must read...I thoroughly enjoyed this love story and Ms. Schuster never disappoints her readers.
Kendra Griffin
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A CASE FOR ROMANCE

A CASE FOR ROMANCE

ANNYA AND JOHNNY'S STORY WAS WHAT I WOULD CALL STORYBOOK ROMANCE BECAUSE ANNYA REMINDS US THAT EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T THINK YOUR WORTHY OF LOVE. IT FINDS IT'S WAY TO YOU. JOHNNY IS THE TYPE OF MAN ANY WOMAN WOULD BE LUCKY TO HAVE AS A LIFE PARTNER.
Deborah C. Fidderman
A Case for Romance

I loved the story of Ayanna and Johnny. Melanie Schuster is a terrific writer. I recommend this book to everyone who loves romance novels.
Annette Jenkins
Oct 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
say what you mean and mean what you say. Great read!
Shanae
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this novella. I'm looking forward to reading more of Schuster's work. I recommend this one.
Carolyn McCrorey
Apr 21, 2009
Taniaya Tillmon
Oct 01, 2018
Laeia
rated it did not like it
Jan 01, 2017
Mar 31, 2018
Cyndi
Feb 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Very Private Duty (Blackstones of Virginia, #2)
  • Campaign for Seduction (Secrets and Lies, #3)
  • Sinful Chocolate
  • Imagine Us (Mayne Attraction #2)
  • To Love A Stallion
  • Nobody But You (Grayson Friends, #2)
  • The Second Time Around

Friends & Lovers (8 books)
  • Working Man
  • Model Perfect Passion
  • Chemistry of Desire
  • Poetry Man
  • Way to Her Heart
  • Let Me Hold You
  • Love Takes All (Passion's Gamble)