Start by marking “Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues #4)” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues #4)

Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues #4)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  40,534 Ratings  ·  879 Reviews
Betrayed by their cousins, abandoned by their uncle, and with only the slimmest hint to guide them, fourteen-year old Amy Cahill and her younger brother, Dan, rush off to Egypt on the hunt for 39 Clues that lead to a source of unimaginable power. But when they arrive, Amy and Dan get something completely unexpected - a message from their dead grandmother, Grace. Did Grace ...more
Published June 2nd 2009 by Scholastic (first published 2009)

Feb 09, 2012 rated it liked it
The story is still adventurous and imaginative, but now it is totally predictable. I’m really interested in Irina’s character, and I hope we’ll meet Ian and Natalie again.

He stood in front of three vitrines lined up in a row. Each held an identical statue of the lion-headed goddess Sakhet. The statues were only about eight inches high and appeared to be made of solid gold. Only their eyes were different. One glittered with green stones, one with red, one with blue.
"Sakhet. The most powerful go
rachel • typed truths
Beyond the Grave is easily the best, and definitely my favourite book of this series - so far. It was action-packed and fast-paced, and the usual unrealistic drama was lessened compared with the last few books. While I still cannot believe that an eleven- and fourteen-year-old could pull off any of this - nor be actually allowed to, at least legally - this book made it easy to ignore that. Maybe its just my soft spot for Egyptian history or... *shrugs*?

Anyway, I liked getting to delve into the
Jun 04, 2009 rated it liked it
Jude Watson did a fine job of letting us in on a few more Cahill secrets, but some additional mysteries remain. Amy and Dan have found the next clue and have had a near-run-in with the dreaded Madrigals, who have smashed up the Ekat stronghold in Cairo. Allastair Oh has returned from the dead (once again), the Kabras have been led astray to Lake Tash, and Jonah Wizard and his dad are on the way to Morocco after following a false lead. Hot on their trail is bad girl ex-KGB spy Irina, and we have ...more
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My favorite in the entire 39 Clues series so far. I love the educational adventure that these books bring for kids. I'm quite fascinated with Egypt's history, and since Amy and Dan Cahill find themselves in Egypt for this volume, I was happy to be reading this book. Although it doesn't come from from a Christian perspective exactly, this particular book infused something Christian-related into the plot---VERY, very good, Jude Watson!

Now, there may have been a comment or two that I didn't quite
Feb 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
The chase continues as 14 year-old Amy Cahill and her 11 year-old brother Dan rush off to Cairo, Egypt in search of the next clue. You can feel the heat and smell the exotic spices as we catch up with the duo at the Khan market. Two new characters are introduced in this book, Theo, an Indiana Jones-type Egyptologist and Hilary, who is the childhood best friend of Grace, Amy and Dan’s dead grandmother. Instantly likable, they play an important part in the story.

Amy and Dan learn a little about Gr
Jeremy Juarez
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amy and Dan continue their look for the next clue,but find some trouble along the way.They were tailed by Irina Spasky,but escape to a store with an Egyptian goddess statue,the Sakhet. They go to the hotel Excelsior and find the Ekaterina stronghold.They find three Sakhets and get trapped by Bae Oh,who is the hotel's owner. When they escape they head for an Egyptian temple and get trapped by Irina and Theo.After Amy and Dan had escaped,they are trapped by Jonah Wizard,who leaves them on a desert ...more
Anastasia Antonova
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Неплохо, но мне чего-то не хватало на протяжении книги. Главный минус - много сердечных страданий Эми по Яну. Ту мач. Египет прописан отлично, я даже прониклась духом пустыни и дна Нила. Да, его самого, куда их только не заносит во время поисков ключей. Кстати, в этой части много размышлений и переживаний персонажей. Это хорошо, так как раз уже здесь со всем разобрались, то в следующих частях все буде куда более бодрее и приправлено тонной экшена. Между прочем, здесь его так же хватает, причем д ...more
Ahmad Sharabiani
Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues #4), Jude Watson
عنوان: آن سوی گور - کتاب چهارم از 39 سرنخ؛ نویسنده: جودی واتسن (واتسون)؛ مترجم: دلارام کارخیران؛ تهران، ویدا، چاپ دوم 1392، در 183 ص، شابک: 9786002910486؛
Lucy Ghost
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: in-english, on-pdf
English review at bottom!

"What makes us extraordinary can sometimes makes us dangerous"

Los hermanitos Cahill lo han hecho de nuevo.
Han enfrentado los peligros y han encontrado su pista. Junto con revelaciones sobre su abuela y todo lo demás.
Honestamente, Beyond the Grave debería llamarse: Slumdog Millionaire in the Kane Chronicles.
Algunas cosas que me han gustado de este tomo:
- Dan. Nunca imaginé que vería a Dan molesto. Con su consabido sentido del humor, siempre está haciendo chistes y quejánd
Matthew Machado
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
The 39 clues: Beyond the grave is a book of adventure.4 people named Dan,Nellie, Amy,Grace arrived to Egypt and found a scroll or sign with challenge to solve the 39 clues and find Cleopatra's treasure.

My favorite character is Dan because he's funny and brave.My favorite scene is when the crowd pushed Amy's face to the glass, that's pretty funny.The scariest scene is when Dan and Amy were attacked by Nile crocodiles.

Something that i didn't like about the book when you start reading the book you
Jeevan Nigam
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was mainly that sometimes the reward is worth the risk. In this book and series the reward is nothing short of the chance of world domination, the reward making you the most powerful person in the world. This time in Egypt, Dan and Amy are still searching for more clues in the hunt for 39. They go through many dangers and as usual dodge death many times. But they still stay in the hunt, showing time and time again that they think the rewards of the hunt are worth the risks for them.
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I like the book 39 clues”Beyond the Grave” by Jude Watson, because there are a lot of intense situation that happen throughout the book. This is number four in the series.The last book leaves Dan and Amy trapped in a cave. This book continues from there. This book shows you how kids can figure things out by using what they have for resources. It also deals with American history.

Dan and Amy are still in the lead to win the race to be the most powerful family in the world. Someone is always fight
Oct 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm going to give a generic review of the series. Basically because I'm lazy and don't want to write 39 reviews. Okay, 11.

We finally read Book 1. And then because we liked it so well, the entire series. One son (age 12) has read them all, the second son (also age 12) is on Book 2. And son #3 (age 8) will be starting as soon as he finishes his current book.

I thought the premise of this book very interesting. I loved how they integrated history and geography along with problem-solving skills and c
Beaulah Pragg
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent book in this ever developing series. I love that reading this book as a young adult, I still get a lot of value and enjoyment out of it. The cover even looks sophisticated enough that I don't feel embarassed reading it at University (when technically I should be studying).

This part of the adventure takes place in Egypt, a place I thought would lend to a great deal of stereotype - Tutankhamen, the Pyramids, the Sphinx - you know the deal. Hence I was pleasantly surprised to find
Aug 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Book #4. But what clue are we on? Will there be 39 books? Have we only had four clues? It seems like we are probably on clue #11.

Okay, so I went on wikipedia and there will be ten books in the series.

These are pretty fun kid's books. Better than the Series of Unfortunate Events, not as good as Percy Jackson (which, in turn, is not as good as Artemis Fowl).

This series is a quick read. I like the clues and the hunt. I get tired of the getting lost from the au pair and the reality that a hunt li
Caleb A.
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was very suspenseful and full of mystery. Interested in reading the other books. I loved it! I'm a big fan of suspense and mystery, and this book does it right! The series is interesting and a good book about finding clues and betrayal.

The 4th installment in the series, betrayed by their cousins, left alone by their uncle, and no idea where they are, Amy and Dan Cahill are completely lost in Egypt with no one to help them guide through the endless crowd of tourists. With also the fact that th
Ker Malkin
TRUST NO ONE. Amy and Dan should have stuck to that all throughout even if it meant meeting their grandmother's best friend. But it paid off in the end anyways 'cause now, Irina Spasky, their ex-KGB cousin, set sail on the wrong destination. LOL. That goes for the Wizards and the Kabras as well. Still no updates from the Holts.

Thank you Jude Watson for that nice read. Despite a couple of cliches, it was still good. And I was really fascinated by the historical facts about Egypt.

These books may
Lady Knight
Jun 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: egypt
This was a great installment in the series! It definitely redeemed itself after the less-than-stellar book 3. Once again a new author, a different writing style, and one that I really enjoyed. It was a bit different take on Amy and Dan, with more humour in the mix, but one that I thought worked very well. I also have to praise Jude Watson for her stepping outside the box and telling us some of the past of Irina, Allistair, Bae, and Grace. She delves deep into their motivations and past. Eygpt ce ...more
Jun 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
This book is the best of the series, so far. It follows the further adventures of Dan and Amy as they travel across Egypt with their au pair, Nellie, in search of more clues to solve the mysterious puzzle and learn the truth of their heritage and power. I enjoyed the fact that the characters were more fully developed in this story, and didn't seem just like caricatures. The characters are beginning to show a bit of personality and conflicted feelings. The dialogue is also well done. I even learn ...more
Duffy Pratt
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens, mystery
Another mediocre installment. Dan and Amy don't seem to be developing at all, while the side characters like Irina and Johah Wizard become more shallow every time they appear. The big mystery here is not the clues, but whether there will ever be any kind of explanation of the Cahill clan. I've given up on the hope that any of this will make sense. There is still a wee bit of fun to be had, but at this point its being overwhelmed by the sheer ridiculousness of it all.
A great book! Action, adventure, danger, romance (only a little), betrayal, friendship and love. All of the facts that were missing from book 3 are here in book 4. Maybe a tiny bit too heavy on that; I liked it, but I wonder what the kids will think. I love this series and can't wait for book 5 in August.
Josh Theriault
May 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who like Mystery
Rating: 3/5 Stars

Book 4 of The 39 Clues Series

This book was okay, not the best of the ones I've read so far. I like the mystery of the clues and where they will be headed next, also I like the suspense of when they are getting chased or are in danger.

I would recommend this book to people who like Mystery.
Feb 26, 2010 rated it liked it
In this book they are in Egypt. I got kind of confused wile reading this book, but at the end I got all caught up. A few major scenes in this book are when, Amy and Dan are trapped and when they find out that they are being bugged. Overall this was an extremely good book that lots of people will love.
Apr 28, 2009 added it
These stories are really interesting, and I cannot wait to read this one. Every book ends in a cliffhanger, and the last book was the defeniton of cliffhanger!! I am waiting to read this book, and I can't wait to do so!!!
Michael Perrino
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is very interesting but sad at the same time and just wants you to keep reading the book. This book may sometimes be frustrating because of the betrayals that have been going on between Dan and Amy and Alistar Oh.
Jan 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book in the series just really exciting to read. It was great having the children hear from their grandmother and have her help them in a way. Look forward to reading more.
Florian Kirschenbauer
Sep 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
I'm learning a lot about Egypt in this book because it takes place in Egypt. this is helpful because that's what we are studying in school right now.
Garrett Lammey
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
good book
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was very good because of the action, thrills, and cliff hangers. I coulden't put down the book it was so interesting. I would dedicate this book to kids 12 and under.
Lady Flo
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Whenever I think the story is mess-up, it turns out to be exciting and gorgeous.
This book looks awesome 8 40 Dec 05, 2012 05:43PM
  • The Black Circle (The 39 Clues, #5)
  • The Sword Thief (The 39 Clues, #3)
  • One False Note (The 39 Clues, #2)
  • Storm Warning (The 39 Clues, #9)
  • Into the Gauntlet (The 39 Clues, #10)
  • Vespers Rising (The 39 Clues, #11)
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • Hunted (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #3)
  • Shatterproof (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #4)
  • The 39 Clues: Agent Handbook

The 39 Clues (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Maze of Bones  (The 39 Clues, #1)
  • One False Note (The 39 Clues, #2)
  • The Sword Thief (The 39 Clues, #3)
  • The Black Circle (The 39 Clues, #5)
  • In Too Deep (The 39 Clues, #6)
  • The Viper's Nest (39 Clues, #7)
  • The Emperor's Code (The 39 Clues, #8)
  • Storm Warning (The 39 Clues, #9)
  • Into the Gauntlet (The 39 Clues, #10)
  • Vespers Rising (The 39 Clues, #11)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Fractured
  • Never Smile at Strangers
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Where Eagles Dare
  • Alone
    $17.99 $2.99
  • Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes, #2)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Idaho
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Dead Letters
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Phantom (Alexander Hawke, #7)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Moving Day
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Man-Eater: The Life and Legend of an American Cannibal
  • Smoke
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unrivaled (Beautiful Idols #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Secrets of Southern Girls: A Novel
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Blindsighted
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Reamde
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Dorchester Terrace (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #27)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Flower Net (Red Princess, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Grave Tender
  • Before I Go to Sleep
    $8.24 $2.99
  • When You Reach Me
    $7.99 $1.99
“Never regret trusting someone. It proves you have a heart. But if he turns out to be a lying worm ... I'm not going to waste my time crying. Because I am way too fabulous for that.” 179 likes
“How do you say yoo-hoo in Arabic?"
"I believe that yoo-hoo could be part of a universal language," Dan said. "Like ow. Or- you're stepping on my foot."
"That's universal?"
"No, you're stepping on my foot. Ow."
Amy moved.”