Start by marking “The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder” as Want to Read:
The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder

The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder

A playfully practical guide that’s a refreshing twist on the revered Farmer’s Almanac, The Awe-Manac provides daily forecasts and directives to help readers make life more creative, amusing, gratifying, and extraordinary—every day of the year! Through 365 days, readers are encouraged to think more brilliantly, laugh more often, make art or write creatively, and simply add ...more
Published December 9th 2008 by Running Press Adult (first published December 8th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Awe-manac, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Awe-manac

Kathryn
Aug 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality, 2010
Each day a page has a Daily Soul Vitamin, Toast of the Day, Awe-servances, Aha-phrodisiacs, Dose of Mirth and Journal Juju and other wonder quips, thoughts of fun.

I LOVE IT! A new page every day....

The Soul Vitamin today is Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt.

Isn't that great?
Rebecca Johnson
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful art that is colorful and sweet with a different dose everyday. Full of surprises, you will have to read ahead and start over like I did. I found this book thoughtful, creative, and inspirational. I would recommend it to anyone who likes to incorporate a bit of non-denominational spirituality and creativity into their day.
Mar 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book - beautiful illustrations. Absolutely a must have! It instantly brightens your day, just by looking through it, let alone actually doing what is within it.

One of my very favorite things about it is that at the start of each day, you get to name that day.

Just a wonderful pick-me-up!! :)
Caitlin
Sep 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this Happy, sweet and charming book. A little kiss of happiness each day. Encourages you to break out of your norm and live a little. Great quotes sprinkle the pages- I think it is a wonderful book for just thinking outside the box- very good creative ideas, helped with a bit of writers block.
Robin
Jun 19, 2009 is currently reading it
This book is great for writers and lovers of quirkiness and quotes and silly named days.
Kirstin Tesner
Mar 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I'm loving this one. I will be using it everyday this year (at least that's the current plan). It makes you really think about everyday and why each day is special.
Maribeth
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
such juicy fun for creatives and those who think they aren't creative!
Margaret
Aug 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is Awesome. It is a big, beautiful. colorful book filled with inspiration. It is a book that can be read all year long. The book has so many wonderful quotes!
Kirsten
Sep 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It's a fantastic way to start your day. The writing prompts are engaging, the daily tidbits are interesting and often educational, and it just helps bring some fun into your world.
Oct 17, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a really interesting book. It's offers two things:
1. Daily (or as often as you want) guided journaling or creativity
2. A guide to help you change your outlook on life.

If you want to add the joy of childlike awe, discovery, and wonder to your life, you need this book. It will help you let go of cynicism and open yourself up.

It's a fun read. And if you embrace the ideas in the book, you will be happier.
S
Sep 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
I'm planning on using this books as it's intended: doing one page a day for the next year. I haven't read any of the pages except for the ones in the introduction, and the one for this month and this day (I started today). Unusual for me, since I would normally skim through this whole book in one sitting....but I really want to try this as a way to help me journal so I'm 'saving' the surprises for each day.
Sherry
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is such a fun book. Every page is a delight, filled with wonderful illustrations, daily soul vitamins, awe-servances, a toast of the day, journal juju, aha-phrodisiacs, and a dose of mirth. It inspires creativity, celebrates moments of wonder, delight and amusement, and develops habits of happiness. I borrowed this from the library but I think I will have to order one from Amazon. I love to open it at random and read a page or two.
Becky Schulman
Jan 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is one that I read over and over. It reminds me on a daily basis to look for the little things in life that can bring joy, contentment, excitement. It also gives me ideas of things to share with friends and family.
Callista
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
A great idea in theory; I like day-to-day inspiration type books. But, I didn't like the "clip-art" quality of the art throughout the pages. Also, I felt over loaded... there was too many things in this book I didn't particularly care for.
Jane
May 26, 2013 added it
It's a cute little book, one I might buy for certain friends.
Mary Sue Wysocki
A short dose of thoughts and quotes. Great for thinking and doing when you need just a bite and not a whole brain or mouthful!
Annie
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun daily book. Quotes, inspiration, funny thoughts. I enjoyed this book.
Addicted to Books
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I got this book from the library. It was such a fun experience that I ordered my own copy from amazon.

Highly reommended for anyone doing creative work or gettig in touch with their inner child!
Marie
Jan 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book had a lot of great information and ideas... but it just wasn't for me.
Asrina Maharani
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesomely beautiful book, lift your spirit and creativity each day of the year. Always by my bedside. I love the colorful illustration and the fun induced creativity.
Reading it a page everyday.....
Siobhán Mc Laughlin
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, inventive, quirky, wonder-full. This book was a great addition to the year! Thoroughly enjoyed my daily readings.
Marianne Mullen
Jul 26, 2016 rated it liked it
It's been a while since I read this book but I remember it being very creative and crazy!
Relyn
Jan 01, 2010 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody!!
Recommended to Relyn by: spotted on my random blog wanderings
With a great title like this, I thought sure I'd love it. BLECH!! Not worth the paper it was printed on. Better to make toilet paper with it.
لِـينُ
Dec 28, 2011
  • The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women
  • Creative Is a Verb: If You're Alive, You're Creative
  • Living Out Loud: Activities to Fuel a Creative Life
  • Juicy Pens, Thirsty Paper: Gifting the World with Your Words and Stories, and Creating the Time and Energy to Actually Do It
  • 52 Projects: Random Acts of Everyday Creativity (Perigee Book)
  • Journal Bliss: Creative Prompts to Unleash Your Inner Eccentric
  • Taking Flight: Inspiration and Techniques to Give Your Creative Spirit Wings
  • Creating a Life Worth Living
  • Foolsgold: Making Something from Nothing and Freeing Your Creative Process
  • The Red Book: A Deliciously Unorthodox Approach to Igniting Your Divine Spark
  • Art Journals and Creative Healing: Restoring the Spirit Through Self-Expression
  • Messy Thrilling Life: The Art of Figuring Out How to Live
  • Creative Time and Space: Making Room for Making Art
  • Artist Trading Card Workshop: Create. Collect. Swap.
  • Life's Companion: Journal Writing as a Spiritual Practice
  • How to Make a Journal of Your Life
  • The Write-Brain Workbook
  • Kaleidoscope: Ideas & Projects to Spark Your Creativity
“Here's to the moments when you realize the simple things are wonderful and enough.” 4 likes