Start by marking “All in One Hour” as Want to Read:
All in One Hour

All in One Hour

In a rhythmic pattern similar to “The House That Jack Built,” a mouse leads a wild chase through a town as the minutes tick by. From 6 o’clock a.m. to 7 o’clock a.m., various animals, a dogcatcher, a robber, and a policeman join the chase. Just before the hour is up, a slippery encounter with a pile of banana peels sends everyone home. Illustrated with action-packed, cut-p ...more
Published February 1st 2009 by Two Lions (first published September 2003)

To ask other readers questions about All in One Hour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All in One Hour

Start your review of All in One Hour
Pam
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Circular book that begins and ends with a mouse. The story starts at 6am with a cat noticing a mouse on the bed. The chase begins.
Crummel takes us through the activities of the next hour as the chase picks up others - dog, dog catcher, robber, police officer - and ends with a collision with the grocer.
By 7am everyone is back where they belong and the book ends with a hint that it could all begin again.
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i think this is my fave, for me personally this is the one book that really does justice on the kindle version, the others are a bit more difficult to read ... due to the smaller text on the kindle version, i am thinking in a real hand held book it would be totally different??! i just wanna jump on into this world. those eyelashes, the cat ... what fun. i think i would call it scrapbooking ... had that look? layers ... very cool.
Gmc
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And the mouse started it all.

I loved this book, fast, funny an easy read that kids will enjoy. A great bed time read. Get it for a youngster you know.
Viviane Elbee
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Fun, fast rhyming read with building repetition. The mouse starts it all, and is chased by a cat, dog, animal control, a robber, a police officer & a grocer...

The illustrations (from paper cut-outs) are neat.
Ashley Dement
Oct 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The illustrations in All in One hour are unlike any pictures that I have seen in another book. The characters and settings are all made out of various cut out shapes that are placed together in order to form the objects. This adds tremendous texture to the book and makes the images seem real. All of the characters are constructed in a way that shows a lot of emotion that really ties into the story. The space and patterns of the pictures fill the pages leaving no negative space. The text tends to ...more
Lynn
This book is meant to give a sense of time but I'm not sure if it is successful. At 6am, a cat wakes and sees a mouse and chaos ensues. The cat and mouse run outside and there are quite a few incidents that occur in one hour. I wasn't very impressed with the story and it did not amuse me as I thought it should and that it probably wouldn't amuse young children. The rhymes and words are awkward and not engaging. The illustrations are beautiful and an asset to the book. I wish that the writing was ...more
Claudia Naranjo
This is a fun book to read and kids will love it. It reminds me of "if you give a mouse a...." series, it is a great book to teach sequence. Dorothy Donohue are amazing. She uses different kind of paper, cut them and put them together to make the pictures. They are awesome!
The book is about a series of events that happens in a hour. All started when a cat sees a mouse and he started to chance it.
Amanda
Jul 21, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-s-books
I thought my 3 1/2 yr old would like this since he loves clocks/time, but it's not really that great for that purpose. The illustrations are cool though- cut paper characters in a fun chase. Better for the younger set.
Emily Goodin
I loved this book so much! It has a great story about a ton of events that happen in an hour. Kids would really love the rhying and the pictues are really interesting! I would definitley use this as a read aloud and as a segway into a math lesson. Awesome book!
Paula
In this cumulative rhyming story, a cat runs after a mouse in the middle of the night, giving rise to a more complicated chase.
Luana
Mar 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: math, time
This book is ideal for Kindergarten to 2nd grade. It can be used to teach to students that there are 60 minutes in an hour. What can you do in an hour?
Jen
Lisa
Dec 19, 2008
Adrielle
Jun 07, 2012

• Superman: An Origin Story (DC Super Heroes Origins)
  • The Amazing Spider-Man: An Origin Story (Marvel Origins)
  • Can I Play Too? (Elephant & Piggie, #12)
  • Sarah's Long Ride
  • Rembrandt and the Boy Who Drew Dogs: A Story about Rembrandt Van Rijn
  • Just Add Glitter
  • Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book
  • Arthur Lost in the Museum (Step into Reading)
  • What Happens Next