Start by marking “Just Keep Buying: Proven ways to save money and build your wealth” as Want to Read:
Just Keep Buying: Proven ways to save money and build your wealth

Just Keep Buying: Proven ways to save money and build your wealth

Everyone faces big questions when it comes to money: questions about saving, investing, and whether you’re getting it right with your finances.

Unfortunately, many of the answers provided by the financial industry have been based on belief and conjecture rather than data and evidence—until now.

In Just Keep Buying, hugely popular finance blogger Nick Maggiulli crunches the n
Kindle Edition
Published April 12th 2022

To ask other readers questions about Just Keep Buying, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Keep Buying

Start your review of Just Keep Buying: Proven ways to save money and build your wealth
Madhur Ahuja
Apr 21, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: money
Very US centric. Not useful if you are not residing in US.
Chris Boutté
Apr 16, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As someone who only started investing and becoming financially conscious in the last year, this is definitely one of the better books that I’ve read. First off, Nick Maggiulli is a fantastic writer, and his style makes this book easy to comprehend while keeping you engaged. What I appreciated about this book was that it provides so much information without getting too far into the weeds on specific topics about saving and investing. Nick gives a realistic and practical approach to saving and inv ...more
BOOKSTHATSTAY
Have you ever thought how wonderful it would be if we could JUST KEEP BUYING??😍😍😍

Well, that is exactly what this book suggests! But how? So this book begins with a note from the author @nickmaggiulli in which he has explained the best possible ways in which this book can be used.

This book has been crafted in a manner that allows the reader to jump around to the chapter that best fits their current position in their wealth-building journey. There is no need to read the chapters in the given order
Patrick Sherriff
Good stuff. My proper review is here: https://patricksherriff.com/2022/04/2... ...more
Bill Van Cleve
Apr 24, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Knew most of this from his blogs but still a concise summary of mostly logical advice based on historical data
Katherine
May 09, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal-finance
This is an interesting read, with the author's blog being a pretty good primer on the writing and content you can expect. The most useful chapters are on trying to put some bounds on an acceptable level of lifestyle creep, as well as the data analysis behind why "just keep buying [index fund investments]" is the right strategy overall. It's pretty math/modeling heavy overall.

I'm still noodling on some of the more "counter to current popular personal finance advice" points, like not maxing out y
Steve Brock
Apr 18, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As Stevo’s Novel Ideas, I am a long-time book reviewer, member of the media, an Influencer, and a content provider. I received this book as a free review copy from either the publisher, a publicist, or the author, and have not been compensated for reviewing or recommending it.

This book was Stevo's Business Book of the Week for the week of 4/17, as selected by Stevo's Book Reviews on the Internet and Stevo's Novel Ideas. In "Just Keep Buying," hugely popular finance blogger Nick Maggiulli crunche
Brad Bevers
Apr 20, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great follow up to one of my favorite books last year, The Psychology of Money. This author uses a similar format to help convey some really simple principles that could have an oversized impact on your life, especially your finances. I loved some of the advice and thinking in this book, and I bet you will find at least one or two gems that will make it well worth the time you put into it. Some of my favorite chapters include how to eliminate spending guilt, how much you will need to r ...more
Mark Hillick
Easy read but could’ve been a lot shorter.

I bought this book because I have read the author’s blog for a few years (for free) and have found it very informative and useful. As a result, I wanted to give back to the author.

The book is ok but could’ve been a lot shorter, probably a small series of blog posts. It rehashes known research (e.g. buy and hold, and just keep buying) with two things worth noting:

- it’s full of data, pulled apart, analysed and presented in a very clear manner
- the author
Minh
May 02, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The concepts in this book aren't new, but it's always good to re-learn great lessons over time and have them validated with recent data. Just Keep Buying covers essential issues regarding personal finance and investment, from rent vs buying a house, focusing on income instead of expense control to dollar-cost-averaging vs buying the dip, traditional IRA vs Roth IRA, individual stocks vs ETFs, REITS vs stocks vs bonds etc...

One new idea I learned is the 2x rule. The rule is about investing in inc
Kati Higginbotham
May 10, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not a book I would usually read, as I would not consider myself to be a personal finance guru. Well written, and wonderfully documented, this is a great book for people new to personal finance. A lot of the charts were over my head, but I understand the basic concepts.
I will temper this recommendation with this: I have a masters degree in social science, so I’m probably not the average person, but if you have an advanced degree in a different field that Finance, this book is very access
Dave Colby
Apr 26, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for both the first time investor and the experienced professional. Maggiulli lays out many straight forward and logical investing concepts, backs them up with real data, and packages everything into very easy to read chapters (the summary chapter at the end was my favorite).

If you are looking for a book that delves deep into asset allocation theory, this is not the book for you. But if you are looking for a thoughtful approach to manage both your own money and your emotions
Jake Preston
May 07, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A superb book that tops the list of my favorite personal finance books. Divided between the disciplines of saving and investing, Maggiulli provides accessible and data-driven advice for anyone looking to wisely plan and optimize their money. I was impressed by the holistic, comprehensive nature of the book - the author leaves no topic uncovered. A read I plan to revisit often and will recommend far and wide.
Pascal
Apr 16, 2022 rated it really liked it
just keep buying!

great read, a lot of guidance for beginners and mid level investors, arguments and recommendations well supported with facts and data!
would have been a good support talking about mutual funds pros and cons ! and also more guidance on investing in individual stocks as we keep hearing different advices !

I liked the confidence, objectivity and personal opinion!
Frank
May 03, 2022 rated it it was amazing
a must-read regarding personal investment

excellent book, explained lots of money related questions in my mind with strong data backup, I wish I could read it when I'm 20 years old. but guess it's never too late.
Mayank Jaiswal
It's a repitition of known concepts.

It explains the concepts already well established. It gives a data driven perspective to many things but no new revelation is there. A decent read.
Stephan
Listened to the Audiobook. US Centric, but the chapter about how to invest and how not was very insightful. Basically buy broad index7etfs, but them quickly, don't wait for dips, keep them and keep buying. ...more
Slappy
May 07, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent book for a novice investor. Like The Wealthy Barber, it is a money book for young people(primarily) who don't think they'd read a money book. Those are the only two books that come to mind that you could gift to pretty one anyone & they would read and learn from them ...more
Rob
May 12, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Relatively comprehensive but nothing in here that is new information or coming from a completely different angle than many other light investing book. I.e Tony Robbins’s book about investing.

As other reviews have said, quite US focussed but still lots of applicable advice.
Casan Scott
Apr 24, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Just Keep Buying” was an excellent book. Nick has a unique ability to support his advice with data, while also not boring you. Wonderful job of writing and analysis. And an even better job of making himself feel relatable.
Ellie June
May 18, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maggiulli persuaded me to buy bonds for the first time. If that doesn’t work out, I’ll lower my rating in a few years.
Ravi
Apr 30, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Just Keep Buying by Nick Maggiulli”

One of the excellent books on personal finance for someone like me who is new to investing. It offers you practical advice with wonderful analysis backed with data and research studies.
Joshua Robert
Apr 15, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great personal finance book! Nick simplifies many challenging financial topics into an easy to read book with actionable takeaways. Definitely recommend!
Christopher Berthold
Just a great book. 40 year old me is super happy I found it and wishes 20 year old me would of read it.
Nick
Apr 25, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid advice, presented simply.
Nicolò Musmeci
May 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simple data-driven rules for long-term investing. It's very accessible and contains plenty of examples. ...more
Abhilash Bhat
Good read but if you are a reader of his blogs, then you probably know most of the stuff written in this book.
Ferry
Apr 24, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Personal Investing Improvement

A good read backed with data on how to maximize decision making in personal finance. A must read for anyone.
Suresh Sharma
Many financial lessons are explained so well. Few points are too simple but overall good read to learn more about savings and investments. Refreshing to see that author also highlight the importance of enjoying life and not stressing yourself too much about saving and investment.
Dana
May 17, 2022

• Why Does The Stock Market Go Up?: Everything You Should Have Been Taught About Investing In School, But Weren't
  • The Power Law: Inside Silicon Valley's Venture Capital Machine
  • Die with Zero: Getting All You Can from Your Money and Your Life
  • Richer, Wiser, Happier: How the World's Greatest Investors Win in Markets and Life
  • The Bond King: How One Man Made a Market, Built an Empire, and Lost it All
  • The Changing World Order: Why Nations Succeed and Fail
  • The Psychology of Money
  • How to Live: 27 conflicting answers and one weird conclusion
  • The Founders: The Story of Paypal and the Entrepreneurs Who Shaped Silicon Valley
  • The Education of a Value Investor: My Transformative Quest for Wealth, Wisdom, and Enlightenment
  • Gorky Park (Arkady Renko, #1)
  • The Pathless Path: Imagining a New Story For Work and Life
  • Designing Your Life: Build a Life that Works for You
  • Peaces
  • The Little Book That Builds Wealth: The Knockout Formula for Finding Great Investments
  • A Crack in Creation: Gene Editing and the Unthinkable Power to Control Evolution
  • Richer, Wiser, Happier: How the World’s Greatest Investors Win in Markets and Life
  • The Challenger Customer: Selling to the Hidden Influencer Who Can Multiply Your Results
See top shelves…

News & Interviews

“To build wealth it didn’t matter when you bought U.S. stocks, just that you bought them and kept buying them. It didn’t matter if valuations were high or low. It didn’t matter if you were in a bull market or a bear market. All that mattered was that you kept buying.” 0 likes
“Those who know, do. Those that understand, teach.” 0 likes