Start by marking “Secret Seven On the Trail (The Secret Seven, Book 4)” as Want to Read:
Secret Seven On the Trail (The Secret Seven, Book 4)

Secret Seven On the Trail (The Secret Seven #4)

3.79  ·  Rating Details ·  2,960 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Something mysterious is going on at Tigger's Barn, and the Secret Seven are intrigued. Peter thinks it's all just gossip, but Jack isn't so sure when he overhears a strange conversation. Looks like the Seven are on the trail of another exciting adventure!
Published 1991 by Award (first published 1952)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Seven On the Trail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Seven On the Trail

Nikos Tsentemeidis
Τι ωραίες αναμνήσεις. Πόσο ωραία σειρά βιβλίων για ένα παιδί. Κάθε καλοκαίρι, ήταν τα βιβλία που μου κρατούσαν την καλύτερη συντροφιά.
Nandakishore Varma
More on the nostalgia trail... the very first Secret Seven book I read. I tried to start a similar club in our small suburban town in Kerala after reading this - but needless to say, failed miserably. :(
Sophie Hannah
I decided to reread an old childhood favourite. I love the Secret Seven. This isn't one of the best, but it's still pretty gripping, even for a 44-year-old!
David Sarkies
Jun 24, 2013 David Sarkies rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lover's of Enid Blyton & children
Recommended to David by: My Dad
Shelves: childrens
Susie starts her own group, with a not very original name
24 June 2013

I guess the reason that I like these Secret Seven books (as well as the other Enid Blyton books, and I have churned through quite a lot of them over the year and a half since I decided to read through them again) is that they are short and can pretty much be completed in a day (which also boosts the number of books that I have read for the year so, if I am lucky, I may be able to get to the one hundred and fifty mark, though m
(I only thought it was ok because of the lack of description. But yes, I know that it is a childrens book so don't pine at me)
It might be because this book series is aim for younger persons than me or just because I've been reading too many Agatha Christie novels. I wish to high heavens that I had read this when I was younger! I always wanted to read books like this but, my mum had her versions in the attic and I didn't even know they existed! Darn!
Well anyway, I thought overall that the plot wa
Tara Calaby
Reread.

This book exemplified just why I have always been a Famous Five and not a Secret Seven person. There are so many characters with no differences in personality that I have no idea which of the seven did what, and their actions go beyond the usual Blyton improbable into Just Plain Stupid.
Deb Sharp
I never get tired of reading The Secret Seven!
Atharva
The Secret Seven Book 4
*Secret Seven on the Trail*
Now, this story stands out particularly from the Secret Seven series. The plot begins with Susie (Who is getting bit by bit into the spotlight) as she forms her own 'Famous Five' Society and try to envy the Secret Seven by framing up a fake suspicious mystery to fool the Secret Seven that turns out to be true as a coincidence. The story is original and unique and has its ups and downs but to define it in a single word, I would say it was extreme
Zoe
May 04, 2017 Zoe rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
C'est pas trop excitant... mais on peut le lire dans un soir... alors c'est bien si tu as besoin des pages.
Benjamin
May 31, 2017 Benjamin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like tricks read this book. This book is about Jacks sister who tricks him into to going somewhere and jack and George get a message. The seven also sort something out but what?
Jax Holt
May 25, 2014 Jax Holt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2014-reads
This is the fourth installment in the Secret Seven series by Enid Blyton. This book is called Secret Seven on the Trial.

The Secret Seven are heading back to school after their summer vacation and Peter wants to end the Secret Seven meetings until the Christmas holidays. None of the members are up for that so Peter makes the decision clear, that they only have meetings if anything important comes up. Meanwhile, Susie, Jack's annoying sister wants to join the Secret Seven but she's not allowed so
Elaine Mullane
Mar 06, 2017 Elaine Mullane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Revisiting the books of my youth out of a feeling of nostalgia! I loved Enid Blyton when I was younger and can't wait to re-read these with my own children.
Rahmi Susiswanti
Seperti biasa petualangan Sapta Siaga cukup menarik untuk dibaca... Dimulai dari Peter, ketua Sapta Siaga, mengadakan rapat terakhir karena kegiatan sekolah akan dimulai. Teman teman Peter kurang setuju dengan pendapatnya, mereka berpendapat kalau terdapat peristiwa yang perlu diselidiki maka rapat harus diadakan.

Susi, adik Jack, mengajak 4 orang temannya untuk membentuk Panca Petualangan, bersaing dengan Sapta Siaga. Susi sengaja menjebak Jack dan Sapta Siaga dengan mengarang cerita kalau di p
Raja99
Nov 13, 2007 Raja99 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mcpl
This is another solid, fun, fast-paced Secret Seven book. It has a bit more inter-child rivalry than I've seen in other SS books, and the characterization of the villains seems a little off (they're very talkative and divulge quite a bit of information without suspecting the children).

Jack's annoying sister Susie starts up a rival society (the "Famous Five" named after those famous books by Enid Blyton ;-) and claims that they are in the middle of an exciting adventure. Jack eavesdrops on them a
Durdles
Oct 31, 2010 Durdles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
For slightly younger children perhaps than the Famous Five or Mystery of the... series; 7-9 year-olds rather than 8-12 I'd say. This one I remember as my favourite. Again, maybe because it was the first Secret Seven story I read. The Seven are irritated by Jack's clever but annoying sister Suzie's organisation of a rival society and determine to trick them by making up a mystery for Suzie's gang to investigate. While trying to execute this malicious scheme the Seven are, inadvertently, given a m ...more
Nonethousand Oberrhein
Young detectives for grown-up mysteries
Meet Peter and his sister Janet, Jack, Barbara, George, Pam and Colin. A group of child detectives that will get tangled in all sorts of adventures that will make them juggle school attendance, homework, and the ineffable desire to solve the mysteries they stumble upon. Juvenile sense of wonder, the principal ingredient in Enid Blyton works, is a guarantee of a good moment for readers of all ages.
Here, something mysterious is going on at Tigger's Barn, and
Tom Seward
Mar 21, 2010 Tom Seward rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enid-blyton
Enid Blyton is an amazing childrens author, bestselling in the
world. Although almost undiscovered by Americans.

This series (The Secret Seven) Features 7 children who form a
backyard club. They love to have meetings with Secret
Passwords, etc. Soon, they begin to fall into mysteries. This
series is for the younger reader than the other series Enid
Blyton wrote for children. 8-10 years old maybe.
Great reading. introduce your children to Enid Blyton today!
Jake Collins
This is a pretty good railway-based mystery and the guys actually make a decent attempt to go about solving it this time, rather than relying on coincidences to find the answers. It is good to see Jack with his characteristics back too.
Sweekruti
Apr 18, 2013 Sweekruti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The very first secret seven book I had read and it is a typical Enid Blyton mystery and it is fun and easy to read perfect for pre teen age and mostly fun .The big group of seven children and not to forget the ever saviour dog ,this group of children go about solving mysteries in their own way.
Imy Bennett
Oct 06, 2015 Imy Bennett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING!!!
Is something mysterious happening at Tigger's Barn? Peter thinks it's a hoax. The Jack overhears an extraordinary conversation which leads the Seven on a trail of adventure!
Victoria Robinson
Feb 25, 2014 Victoria Robinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Secret 7 aren't my fav but the kids love them! This was one of the better books in the series
Laura Chan
Jan 24, 2011 Laura Chan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great!
Indah Threez Lestari
51 - 2015

#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 23 Agustus 2011.
============

892nd - 2011
Paddy O'callaghan

Absoluely every book in this series is awesome
Miss Kodok
Good for kids.
Akshatha
Feb 23, 2014 Akshatha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a
Jessica J.
Jul 24, 2011 Jessica J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
crecí leyendo sus libros y me sirvieron bien
Joy
Nov 18, 2010 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Creepy and Cool Book!
Doron Yam
read it with my son. It was nice as it was when I was a kid.
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Marches On (The Naughtiest Girl, #10)
  • Di Gua Kelelawar (Lima Sekawan)
  • Sky Blue Frame (Hardy Boys, #89)
  • The Mystery of the Talking Skull (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #11)
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

The Secret Seven (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #1)
  • The Secret Seven Adventure (The Secret Seven, #2)
  • Well Done, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #3)
  • Go Ahead Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #5)
  • Good Work, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #6)
  • Secret Seven Win Through (The Secret Seven, #7)
  • Three Cheers, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #8)
  • Secret Seven Mystery (The Secret Seven, #9)
  • Puzzle for the Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #10)
  • Secret Seven Fireworks (The Secret Seven, #11)