Start by marking “Pirates' Treasure! (Magic Tree House 4)” as Want to Read:
Pirates' Treasure! (Magic Tree House 4)

Pirates' Treasure! (Magic Tree House #4)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  12,800 Ratings  ·  471 Reviews
Eight-year-old Jack and his little sister, Annie, are playing in the woods during their summer holiday, when they find a mysterious tree house full of books. But these are no ordinary books . . . And this is no ordinary tree house . . .

Jack and Annie are in a treasure trove full of trouble!

Stuck on a desert island, captured by the evil Captain Bones and his gang and a huge
Published January 3rd 2008 by Red Fox (first published February 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Pirates' Treasure!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pirates' Treasure!

Chelsea Humphrey
We decided it was time for another adventure! We 🖤 Pirates! This was such a fun adventure and we are curious as to where the next book will take us now that the mysterious M has been revealed. (McKenna was disappointed that M didn't stand for her name 😂)
Daddy's Place for the thoughts of his Princess,  Gabriella of the School and House and Friends
This is a book about a pirate who want’s treasure. In the book the pirate looked into Jack’s book bag to look for gold and there was nothing in it. So the pirate took Jack and Annie because he thought they were hiding gold from him. What I liked about this book is when the two kids, Annie and Jack, try to escape from the bad guy’s ship. They saved themselves instead of being rescued.

I thought the librarian at the end of the book was cool and looked very pretty, like princess. She has a special
Blake
“Pirates Past Noon,” was the fourth book in the Magic Treehouse series. It was a chapter book written by Mary Pope Osborne. It starts off like all of the other books when Jack and Annie went out to the Frog Creek woods and got into the treehouse. Since it was raining out, Annie grabbed the book with the beach and wished they could go there. When they got there, they are captured by pirates and held hostage until they showed the pirates where the treasure was. The pirates thought Jack knew where ...more
Rick Silva
All of a sudden it's all Magic Treehouse all the time in our household. The Kiddo came home with two more Magic Treehouse books from his school library. This series has definitely caught his attention, which is great.

Kiddo is six, and in first grade. I've been reading these books out loud to him. He borrows the ones that interest him from the library, so we have not been reading the series in order.

This book is the fourth in the series, and it represents an ending point for the initial ongoing
Sarah Sammis
During the ROOB competition I read through a bunch of the earliest Magic Tree House books. In Pirates Past Noon Jack and Annie go back in time to learn how to be pirates and to discover the identity of the mysterious M.

The earliest books are very short compared the newest ones. They are also short on plot. The gist here is that the siblings are still trying to learn who owns the tree house and how it works the way it does. In the middle of all of this are pirates who are out to get treasure.

If t
Eliza
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cartea aceasta este despre doi fraţi pe nume Jack şi Annie, care descoperă lumea piraţilor datorită unei cărţi şi a unei căsuţe în copac. Copiii ajunşi în lumea piraţilor descoperă multe primejdii şi bine înţeles piraţi şi un papagal vorbăreţ.
Jenn
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When attempting to try to stop reading for the night Jack said, "If you stop here, I'm going to have a problem!" So, I guess this deserves four stars:)
Angieleigh
I'm not a huge fan of pirates, so I didn't really care for this one, but my nephew giggled his way through it.

In fact, we usually just read a few chapters a night, but he demanded that I read this one all the way through in one sitting!

The pirate captain was a mean, gross, and just someone that you wanted to dump in the ocean. The two crewmen mentioned were named Stinky and Pinky and were dumb as rocks. I really wish that Jack had been able to find out what was actually in Kidd's treasure ches
Alan 김 승 주
Good book. I thought the coolest part was when Jack and Annie realized that the island had the shape of the whale.
Leigha's Little Library
Child/teen me: 4
Adult me: 3

*For the first book in a "child/teen/middlegrade/nostalgic" book, I am going with the rating younger me would have gone with, then if I read on in the series, I will rate the books what adult me believes it should be rated. If the book is a stand alone, I will go with whatever rating I feel most comfortable giving the book. Please note, I do not really think books should have an age limit. People should read what they want to regardless of the intended age group, exce
Norberto Leyva
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Magic Tree House Pirates Past Noon”

Jack and Annie go back in time to the time when pirates were abundant. A parrot was above the tree house watching them. When Jack and Annie leave the tree house, Jack forgets his backpack and has to return for it. When he runs back for it, he is captured by three pirates; the captain and two mates. Annie tries to help, but ends up getting captured. They accused Jack and Annie of stealing their treasure. The mates go to the tree house to investigate and only se
Simon
Oct 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Pirates! I had my own pirate ship and castle toys and the soldiers of the castle fought the pirates and some of them always ended up in the dudgeon.

This book was the first one where I was actually aware of a real bad guy in the books. There is a riddle in this story and I was so happy when I figured it out. And since this was a book with the topic of Pirates, there was of course buried treasure, and of course it was found, but before our heroes could open the book, they had to escape a
Brandon Loehrke
"Pirates Past Noon" starts off like all of the other books do. Jack and Annie go to the magic treehouse to start a new adventure. Annie chose a pirate book because she saw a beach and wanted to go there. Right away when they get to the beach they get taken by pirates. The only way for the pirates to let Jack and Annie go is if they help them find Captain Kidd's buried treasure. The children learn from reading the treasure map that the treasure is buried under a rock. Polly, the parrot, helps Jac ...more
Adam Krause
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Pirates Past Noon” was a fun book. Jack and Annie are on another magical adventure. They venture into the past and become pirates, only the crew isn’t too fond of them. The two have to find the identity of the mysterious M to ensure their safety. The crew is growing restless and is urging to make the two walk the plank. Will they find the mysterious M?

Jack and Annie are the main characters on the journey. This trip is a big mystery to find the identity of the mysterious M. Jack shows good leade
Karen
10/14/09 Read today with Annabelle. Yesterday she perused ALL the pictures. She was really excited about it. At one point I asked her what she thought would happen next and she said, "Mom, I already know! JUST KEEP READING!" Maybe she knew because she'd seen the pictures. Maybe she didn't know! But she enjoyed this book as well. When I explained to her that the black flag with skull and cross bones represented a pirate ship, she already knew that! (Where does she learn these things I wonder?!!) ...more
Jeremy Muse
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kim
This book was a very quick read. This was not my favourite book from the series so far, but it was very interesting. I had no interest about the pirates at all.

Capn' Bones was a very arrogant character towards Jack, Annie and his other pirate mates.
The part where Jack and Annie were trying to escaped the bady guys ship made me so intrigued with the story. They showed how courageous and sneaky they can be in escaping a situation that can potentially prolong for a long time. I am glad that they w
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
★★★★★Pirates Past Noon by Mary Pope Osborne
We love the Magic Tree House Series. They are easy, read chapter books. My daughter really likes when I read these to her, because I put so much enthusiasm in them.
(view spoiler)
Samantha
Feb 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Samantha by: Alexandria
Ok. So I totally have this thing for pirates, where I just will read pretty much anything pirate related. Pirates are cool and when you toss Magic Tree House into the mix, you just get lots and lots of fun and adventure. Not to mention new friends and experiences! The Magic Tree House Series is so wonderful that I'm slightly upset I started it so late. I'm only on book 4, but I'm super excited to read book 5 and I already love the series. Each book is a delicious morsel that allows young ones to ...more
Kiefer Hwasta
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Magic Tree house series book. Jack and Annie find an open book in the treehouse and Annie wishes to go there without looking at the cover to find out what the book is about. They don't find out the book is about pirates until it is too late.
I learned about how pirates act, where pirates are, and how much prates want gold. I like how Jack and Annie eventually escape from the pirates, by outsmarting them. I also liked how they stumbled across a pirates treasure. Jack and Annie also meet t
Sydney
For the first time ever Alex made a request for a specific kind of book when we went to the library. His kindergarten teacher read them a Magic Treehouse book, and he wanted to get one for us to read at home. Couldn't exactly deny a request like that! This was a cute story... I loved the relationship between Annie and Jack as brother and sister. It's easy enough that before long my 5 year old will be able to read this on his own without much help. We look forward to reading others in this series ...more
Diane
Apr 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-ya, gift
Re-read as German audio play.

We are still enjoying these stories. There is just enough intrigue to keep things interesting, but it's not too complicated, so it's perfect for my 5 year old. You also find out who the "mysterious M person" is in this book! I like that the author doesn't shy away from using more complicated/advanced vocabulary. Occasionally, I'll ask my son if he knows what such-and-such means. If he says no, I'll tell him. Most of the vocabulary you can figure out through the cont
Alxandra
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another book that I read to learn Spanish as an adult.

This book is at my comprehensible reading level which made it an absolute delight. I was able to learn several new words through context as there is ample repetition.

The plot was simple with a couple of twist and turns which kept it from being boring, but I doubt that I would enjoy this book much if it was much below my comprehensible reading level.

I may read a few more of this series, but the plot simplicity makes me hesitant.
Julesmarie

My least favorite of the series so far. The pirate captain was too one-dimensionally evil and the "clue" on the treasure map was too ridiculously simplistic for me to give this 3 stars.

It was fun, though, to get to meet the M person. And to learn the purpose of the treehouse and why jack and Annie are able to use it. Although why she would choose a treehouse of all things to use as her time machine is never addressed...
Brendan Thelen
I think that it was a good book because it talked about how these kids are in the tree house on a rainy day and find a book of a picture of a beach and they go there. They see a large pirate ship and the pirates chase them and want to know where the treasure is. This is an adventure book.
C1
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is good. The part where the pirate was not nice was not good. Pirates are not nice, but I can fight him & get his sword away from him

If I fought a pirate, I would pretend I was dead and they would go away & I would sneak up on him and steal his hook. I would.
Angela
I read this to my Brooks Elementary kindergarten class today. Oh the joy in their faces as we were reading. :)
Erin
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Seth and I have been enjoying reading the Magic Tree House books together. They are great! I'd highly recommend them for young readers. They're like a Dr. Who series for kids :)
Dee/ bookworm
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great children's chapter book!
Heidi
My 6 year son, Daniel, says, "I wish that I could give it 15 stars! It was really exciting! It's the best one so far!"
Goodreads Librari...: Fix book cover image of book's Chinese edition 3 22 Nov 05, 2013 10:35AM
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)
  • The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries, #7)
  • Junie B., First Grader: Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! (P.S. So Does May.) (Junie B. Jones, #25)
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2)
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House (1 - 10 of 56 books)
  • Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1)
  • The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2)
  • Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3)
  • Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)
  • Afternoon on the Amazon (Magic Tree House, #6)
  • Sunset of the Sabertooth (Magic Tree House, #7)
  • Midnight On The Moon (Magic Tree House, #8)
  • Dolphins at Daybreak (Magic Tree House, #9)
  • Ghost Town at Sundown (Magic Tree House, #10)
  • Lions at Lunchtime (Magic Tree House, #11)
“ago, pirates raided Spanish treasure” 3 likes