Start by marking “Daisy's Back in Town (Lovett, Texas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Daisy's Back in Town (Lovett, Texas, #1)

Daisy's Back in Town (Lovett, Texas #1)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  6,779 Ratings  ·  284 Reviews
When Daisy Monroe walked out of Lovett, Texas fifteen years ago, she thought she'd left troublemaker Jackson Lamott Parrish behind her. But some things you can't just leave in the past. Now she's back and she needs to clear the air by confessing to Jackson the reason she left him all those years ago. But Jackson doesnt want to know. When she walked out on him, he vowed he' ...more
Published 2004 by Little Black Dress

To ask other readers questions about Daisy's Back in Town, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daisy's Back in Town

Tammy
Reed Raab
Sep 18, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
AliciaJ
Oh my god, the heroine in this book has to be one of the most selfish creatures I've ever seen. She comes back after fifteen years, with a BIG surprise for the hero, and he's just supposed to forgive and forget?! Wow. I think Rachel missed the mark on this one.
Alba M.
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary Romance

Rachel Gibson is one of my favorite go-to, sure thing authors for when I need a fun, steamy contemporary romance with quirky characters, sexy, masculine, alpha heroes, and the perfect balance of lighthearted, fluffy feel-good entertainment, humor, and emotional angst.

This is one of her mid-career works, and although not my favorite RG romance, it’s still an entertaining tale with a piquant Texas twang. And I’m looking forward to returning to Lovett, Texas with Crazy
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

Usually I can tell pretty quickly if I am going to like a character or not.. and I dived into the story thinking Jackson is the one that was in the wrong.. gosh was I wrong...

There were three best friends growing up.. Jackson, Daisy Lee, and Steven.. let's forward a few years and Daisy Lee and Jackson are an item, in love like every young couple with its ups and downs...
Then Jackson's parents are killed in a drink driving accident, at the same time Daisy finds out she is pregnant.. So this stup
Iris Blobel
Dec 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say this story surprised me – not at all that I didn’t see Rachel Gibson being able to write something like it, but because she was more known to me as a “chick lit” author! So lets take her out of this drawer and into the ... none at all, she’s obviously an author of many talents.

It was a book hard to put aside, but also hard to read while having a big lump in the throat.

The main plot is about Daisy, Jack and Steven who were very good friends growing up. And even though both boys (and
Holly
This is a hard novel to read at times. The secret baby plot is a lot harder to swallow here, because the baby in question isn't really a baby - he's 15. For me, it's easy to forgive and forget when the heroine doesn't tell the hero right away about a baby, but only if it's cleared up early on. It's a lot harder to justify after 15 years of silence.

I remember having an argument with a friend about Daisy's actions several years ago. She couldn't accept that Daisy had kept her son a secret for so
Ian
When Daisy left Lovett Texas 14 years ago it was with a broken heart after being dumped by her first love, Jackson. Now she is back in town, older and wiser and desperate to talk to Jackson. Jackson for his part wants nothing to do with the woman who married his best friend but Daisy is showing up everywhere and it's getting harder and harder to avoid her.

Daisy's Back in Town is a very cute by the numbers contemporary romance. Predictable but I loved it all the same.
Lynsey
Aug 13, 2010 rated it did not like it
Sophie ♥
He loves her.
Jackson Lamott Parrish thought he'd seen the back of Daisy when she ran off with his best friend years ago. He vowed then he'd never let another woman get close to him again, and he's been breaking hearts ever since.

He loves her not...
But Daisy has a secret, one she can confess only to Jackson. So why is he the one person staying well out of her way?

He loves her?
An absolute roller-coaster of a romance, this is an addictive novel about what happens when you fall in love... with the b
Wanderlust
Aug 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cover & Title - 4/5
Favorite lines - “Mom," Nathan called to her. Daisy pulled her gaze from the tent and the fleeting glimpse of Jack's bare back, the smooth planes and indent of his spine, the sliver of the white elastic just above the blue waistband of his jeans..."Hmm?" "What's a faaar ant?" he asked just above a whisper. "Fire." She chuckled and shook her head. "Fire ant. They have a nasty bite that burns." Nathan smiled. "Well, why didn't he just say fire?" "He thinks he did.”
Favorite
Prettypetunia
Feb 02, 2011 rated it did not like it
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
This is the only Rachel Gibson book that I hadn't re-read and after listening to a few of her books over the last few weeks, I kept thinking about this book and wondering why I hadn't re-read it. Then I did and remembered exactly why. You guys know how much I hate kids and books and this has a kid in the story. So please keep in mind, that while this bothered me, it might not bother most normal readers that aren't bothered by kids in books at all. I don't regret re-reading this book and at the e ...more
LaFleurBleue
Jun 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Nicely done; but I have one major problem with the fact that the heroine, in love with the hero (view spoiler) marries his best friend, and obviously did not find it difficult to adapt to the change in male. I honestly understood why the hero took so long to get it over with, because I do not believe I would have been able of that in his shoes.
Froggie
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: year-2016
Secret baby plot is just not my thing. Ms Gibson saved it from being disastrous but I still can't say I liked it. She did the emotions very well though.

Michelle [Helen Geek]
12/30/2014 -- Re-read

If I adjusted ratings on re-reads, I think I'd bump this up a bit to maybe 4.5 Stars. I really liked the story and the relationship between the sisters. Saying this, I thought Daisy an asshole for keeping her secret as long as she did and again, the ending a bit rushed.

Overall Rating = 4.5 Stars
Book Cover / Book Blurb / Book Title = 3 / 4 / 5 = 4 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 4 Stars
Character / Secondary Character Development = 4 / 4 = 4 Stars
“Did I like” Hero / Heroine = 5 / 3 = 4
Nurhayat Turna
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Papatya Falı - Rachel Gibson || Kitap Yorumu

Rachel Gibson klasiğidir bana göre, geçmişte yaşadığı yeri terk edip ileride geri dönüş olması. Bu kitapta da vardı. Daisy'nin gidişi de dönüşü kadar olaylı olmuştu. Jack, unutamadığı aşkının kasabaya döndüğünü duyduğu zaman -ki karşısına çıkan hemen hemen herkes Daisy'nin geldiğini söylüyorsu- içinde, en derine gömdüğü öfkesiyle bir kez daha yüzleşmek zorunda. Daisy -inadına yapar gibi- gittiği her yerde karşısına çıkıyor ve ısrarla konuşmaları gereke
Alice
Aug 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wendy
Aug 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. I found myself wishing that I wasn't getting closer to the end. Now I'm depressed because it is done and I want more. I LOVE Rachel Gibson's way of creating characters that you want to know and be friends with. They are so real to me.

Daisy Monroe has come back to her home town after fifteen years to tell the man she once loved that she had his baby all those years ago, and married his best friend to give the baby and name and life that he may have not been able to give
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Mar 03, 2010 rated it did not like it
Samantha
May 03, 2012 marked it as dnf
Once Daisy told Jack that the timing was wrong for her to tell him that she was marrying his best friend (the same damn week he buried his parents) I knew she was on my shit list. She didn't even come off remorseful at all. Unless someone tells me the chick starts begging and hard, I'm not continuing this. She is spending too much time thinking of Steven and no time begging Jack. Not going good for me!
Nikki
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have only read a few books by Rachel Gibson and have yet to find one I didn't like! I loved this story and the side story with Daisy's sister 'Crazy Lily'!
VaultOfBooks
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
By Rachel Gibson. Grade B
Rachel Gibson, as previous reviews may also have indicated, follows a clichéd storyline with slight variations that features two independent adults who get into a relationship purely because of sex, but ‘accidentally’ fall in love. However, they continue to live in denial till a major conflict drives them apart only to bring them together forever once the problem is solved. Her books are funny but predictable. Nevertheless, they are highly addictive for some romance junk
Romée Wanders
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dit boek is echt de shit.

Een paar dagen geleden schreef ik nog dat alle Rachel Gibson mannen piece-of-shits zijn. Jackson is dit niet. Jackson is geen piece-of-shit. Jack hield legit van Daisy en ze heeft hem verlaten voor zijn beste vriend en is er vandoor gegaan met zijn kind (voor 15 jaar). Jack heeft legit redenen om haar even niet zo aardig te vinden. LEGIT.
Mogelijk komt dat omdat dit één van de eerdere boeken van Rachel Gibson is, waarbij ze nog niet zo vast zat in het patroon dat in elk v
Cindi
Jan 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
I picked this book specifically for Valentine's Day reading because I wanted a cute, maybe silly, easy read. Many of Rachel Gibson's books are just that for me; I love her contemporaries. But Daisy is not silly or easy tp read about. She is, however, extremely cute. Jack, her high school beau, acknowledges that she's still cheerleader-cute but he has spent the past 15 years hating her for getting married to his best friend, Stephen (nevermind that the day before he'd told her "he needed some spa ...more
Rebecca
Jun 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
This book was so trashy. And just went around and around in circles of lameness. And too much pointless graphic sex. Though I did picture the Dude as Sawyer, which is always hot in my book, as it was a southern, Texas book. Girl and Dude and other Dude were friends in high school. Girl and Dude hook up, but for some reason, which lamely explained, she ends up marrying the other Dude because apparently she thinks he'll make a better father to her baby that she ends up having, but the real father ...more
Teresa
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
After re-visiting some other books by Rachel Gibson, I was reminded by how much I adore her writing. She manages to pack both hilarity and emotional in most of her books, and this one did not disappointment. I loved that Daisy honest-to-goodness messed up. There were no misunderstandings that caused 15 years of pain. She truly, and royally messed up. And this book was about not letting bitterness swallow you whole and learning to forgive. It's a hard thing when you are justified in your anger to ...more
Just - The romance reader
Sep 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: at-library
Love, love, loved it! Rachel Gibson knows how to try some steamy stories. Having read first Simply Irresistable and now Daisy's Back In Town I'm convinced of that. I managed to read this one in a whopping 24 hours. I just couldn't help myself!

I loved Daisy. She's full of innocence and mischief all at once. She's been through a lot in the fifteen years since she's left town, and now she's returned on a mission, she plans to fill Jackson Parrish in on just what she's been up to. Things don't go qu
Mareli
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
oooookay. I love Rachel Gibson so she gained a 1/2 because she's her ;)

The story was a classic. Boy loves a girl, the have sex, she gets pregnant, they are young and so on.

Daisy Lee did all those things. But she married her sweetheart's friend (his best friend) and they got away. She's back after 15 years and she has to tell him about his son yet. So, I thought "15 years?????" it seems a very long time to wait for something so important.

At the beginning Jack is angry and he doesn't want to speak
  • The Kept Woman
  • Baby, Don't Go
  • What I Did for Love (Wynette, Texas #4)
  • Secrets of a Perfect Night
  • Dark Roots and Cowboy Boots
  • Simply Sexy
  • First Comes Love (Hot Water, California #1)
  • The Bachelor (Chandler Brothers, #1)
  • Under Her Skin (Lone Star Sisters, #1)
  • You Don't Know Jack (Sexy in NYC, #2)
Rachel was born in Boise, Idaho, USA. Her father worked for a telephone company, and her mother was a housewife. Idaho has the largest population of Basques outside of the Basque lands of Spain. She grew up with kids with last names like Uberuaga, Berriochoa, and Egisquiza, but years later she discovered the rest of the country didn't really know much about the Basque culture or history.

Rachel's
More about Rachel Gibson...

Lovett, Texas (4 books)
  • Crazy on You (Lovett, Texas, #2)
  • Rescue Me (Lovett, Texas, #3)
  • I Do! (Lovett, Texas, #4)

“Mom," Nathan called to her.

"What's a faaar ant?" he asked just above a whisper.

Nathan smiled. "Well, why didn't he just say fire?"

"He thinks he did.”
18 likes
“I know about safe sex," Nathan said, interrupting Jack's thoughts.

Jack swallowed. "That's good." He smiled at his son, vastly relieved that there would be no hard questions about his own sex life.

"What I want to know is..." Nathan stole a quick look back at the tent. "Where is the clitoris exactly?"

Jack's smile fell and he opened his mouth. No words came out so he closed it.

Nathan had no problem forming his words, though. "And what the heck is a G-spot?”
14 likes