Start by marking “Jesus liebt mich” as Want to Read:
Jesus liebt mich

Jesus liebt mich

„Jesus liebt mich“: Das ist die Überzeugung von Marie. Nicht, dass die nicht mehr ganz so junge Frau besonders religiös wäre -- im Gegenteil. Aber als sie wieder einmal völlig am Ende bei ihrem Vater und seiner blutjungen russischen Geliebten Swetlana unterschlüpft, weil sie gerade ihrem Fast-Ehemann vor dem Traualtar den Laufpass gegeben hat, taucht als Deus ex machina ...more
Published by Kindler (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Jesus liebt mich, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jesus liebt mich

Start your review of Jesus liebt mich
Exina
Apocalypse Next Tuesday by David Safier is a light and fun novel with a nice balance between

• faith,
• the eternal fight between Good and Evil,
• the significance of free will,
• difficult situations and decisions,
• lighthearted humor,
• and a delicate romance.

Marie is about to marry her fiancé, Sven, but she realizes that although she loves him, it is not enough for a lifetime. Marie leaves him at the altar, and moves back to her parents’ house, where she meets Jeshua who works there as a
Anna-Lisa
Nov 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anna-Lisa by: lovelylilain@yahoo.de
Shelves: others
Awesome book!

It was funny and touching...How about Doom's Day is close and Jesus is back on earth and you fall in love with him?

Yeah that's the story and it really, really touched me and made me laugh and cry.

I really enjoyed this book, definitly one of the best books I ever read!
BrokenTune
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Review first published on BookLikes: http://brokentune.booklikes.com/post/...-

Sometimes, just sometimes, I need a book that offers pure escapism - without pretending to be anything other than a diversion. Not very deep or challenging or novel - just plain cozy and preferably funny.

David Safier's books are just that - simple fun. So, even though I have little patience for romance novels or religious fiction it was hard not to like the story of thirty-five year old Marie who is jilting her fiance
Maria Carmo
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone.
I just LOVE this Author! He has found a perfect voice, so full oh humour that it heals the Soul, and yet tender and soothing... Hoping to find more of his books!

Maria Carmo,

Lisbon 4 March 2015.
Ivo
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
really funny! addictive and maybe a bit weak at the very end but meanwhile was priceless
Roxana
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In spite of the title and the cover of the book, this is not a book about religion... Or maybe it is in some way. In fact, this is a romantic comedy novel. A romantic book about a woman that falls in love for the wrong man... And the wrong man seems crazy enough to believe he is Jesus... At first, Marie thinks he is as crazy as a cow but what if he is really the Saviour coming back to earth for The Final Judgement, yes, the biblical Final Judgment...
Spect crazy situations, expect anything but a
Candice
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fundamentally flawed and theologically knotty but charming all the same. Bridget Jones meets The Shack. I’m still an unrepentant atheist, though.
Patriciacabrinha
3,5*
A light summer read for the holidays. Was actually expecting a bit more from this book, after it being highly recommended by a friend.
安娜
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
At the beginning it was really funny. I felt it declined as it progressed.
Zarina
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted to my blog:

Admittedly I wasn't aware of this novel before I was kindly contacted by the publisher with the question if I would like a copy for review, but when I hit the line in the above blurb that described Satan as a dead-ringer for George Clooney I was sold. So as soon as the now hotly anticipated novel made its way into my hands, I started reading it and I didn't stop until I was finished. Partly because it was short, but
Cristobo De
Mar 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: crap
The good part is easy to explain: I had a couple of laughs now and then. It is the rest of the book that fails in every possible sense.

The book is some sort of "Twighlight" meets "Bridget Jones" meets the Book of Revelations. It seems an unlikely combination and certainly the outcome is a disaster. I am not going to make a detailed review because it is just not worth the pain, but I would like to comment the following:
*SPOILERS*
Take a boy and a girl. The girl is thirty, chubby, not too
Tim Annan
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Satan is George Clooney. The Angel Gabriel is an old priest. Jesus is a Carpenter (That's not really new). And Death is.....

This is a genuinely funny book! The humour in the book is witty and hilarious, something I wasn't expecting from a German! (I know, stereotypical statement. I apologise)

You don't really see books about Romance and Love, with all the awkwardness that comes with it, combined with the idea that the world is going to end, the horsemen will ride across the earth and the people
Saoirse Milotte

Marie's life is not going as she planned. Now in her mid-thirties and working a dead-end job in the small German town of Malente, she finds herself back living with her dad after leaving the only man who will probably ever want to marry her at the altar. On top of that her mum has hooked up with the local Reverend and her dad has fallen in love with a 25-year old internet bride from Belarus.

Just as she is resigning herself to remaining in her childhood room for the rest of her days the calm,
Megan (bookstorebinge)
Lucia Abreu
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Such a great read! I love Safier's books, they are fun and easy to read, they play with our references and pre-conceived ideas, and the plot is always cenetered around some unbelievable situation, such as this. The bridget-jones-character Marie is not the typical heroine, and everyone seems to notice that, up until Jesus (Joshua) himself finds her a really interesting company. This leads to a fun and heart-breaking adventure and many discoveries about love in general. Contrary to what it may ...more
Joana Silva
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, humor
For those who read Bad Karma from the same author and liked it, it won’t be new that you will laugh from the first page to the last. In this new book, Jesus Loves Me, Safier has the same comic and sometimes surreal style of the previous book. This time we meet a woman that doesn’t know very well what she wants, and that keeps falling in love for the wrong men. In the middle of her crazy adventures, she meets a man who says he’s Jesus himself, and that takes her to even more crazy situations, ...more
Sara
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
David Safier has written a wonderful novel. I especially loved the comic strips throughout the book and how they complimented the story. The novel engaged me from the beginning, the writing style flowing easily and a nice pace to events. No slow build ups here!

Funny, cute and ironic, are the three words I'd use to describe this novel. It brought a smile to my face whilst reading. The characters were very realistic as well, with genuine faults and insecurities that were played out throughout the
Katharina
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, german
I really liked this book.
It made me think about Jesus as the human that he was. And it helped me to better understand what he gave up for us. Not only did he die for us, but he also accepted that he couldn't fall in love, because his love is meant for everybody. I loved how human David Safier depicted Jesus.

What I didn't like is that some details were incosequential. Like, why didn't Jesus know what a phone was? That implies that he's not watching over us and doesn't know what's happening on
Chris Wermeskerch
Enough factoids about fundamentalist Christianity and knowledge of Gnostic texts and superfluous legends with some mix of details from Jesus Christ Superstar to seem edgy; the plot falls flat and predictable when the author deviates little from the biblical text except to be provocative. Ultimately, the gimmick wears off quickly and the plot leaves something to be desired. I never really cared about any of the characters and his female character read like someone straight out of Twilight. Really ...more
Nickie Cochran
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit, german
Loved this book, especially the random funny things that happened to the characters... I couldn't put it down!!!

Imagine, Jesus is coming back to earth after 2000 years and wants to save the world. He meets Maria, who falls in love with him. Once she finally believes that Joshua is really Jesus and not some crazy lunatic, she has to make a decision to interfere with God's plan or let Joshua be Jesus.

A lighthearted and fun novel full of surprising twists and turns - definitely one to keep on the
Paula Pattison
Jul 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
This was OK, not more not less. I read it all the way through but I didn't really connect with the characters and didn't really care enough about them but it killed a few pleasant hours. I do wonder if my English kindle version missed some bits since other reviewers mentioned events that I didn't read about.
Gill
Mar 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny, a little silly, great cheer me up read. It made me laugh, had a few surprises and I liked the way it ended. Great read for when you want something a little lighter but with enough substance not to feel like you've read it all before.

this book came to me free through Good Reads first reads.
Sven
Jan 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Well it was a present i got for christmas, from my little cousin, so i don't want to complain about it...
It was a nice read, smooth, funny, somewhat original and it's a fast read.
Exactly right if you got about 4hours in between where you have nothing else to do, maybe riding a train like i did or during a flight^^
isabel jeruzal
Jun 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
i would like to recommend a book that i recently read
Jesus Liebt mich from David Safier

it was funny and easy to read, especially for me as foreigner who doesn't like to read 'heavy written book' in German.
Paola
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
This story is not about religion, but about love. And it's not only about romantic love, but about all kinds of love. Besides, you're going to have a good laugh on every page. It doesn't matter what you believe in, you'll love Jesus too.
La_mariane
I'm not going to rate this book because I didn't finish it. It's not particularly bad, but I don't feel engaged with the plot or the main character. I laughed once or twice while reading the 100 first pages, but it's not enough to make me finish this novel.
Emilie
Apr 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. It was fun and light and the character of Jesus made me happy (because this is likely the way the historical Jesus would behave). I wasn't too into the slutshaming Marie subjected her stepmother to, but otherwise 'Apocalypse Next Tuesday' was a nice read.
Cvet Trifonova
Feb 11, 2016 rated it liked it
It's funny and easy to read, but if you are looking for a deep story, this one is not the right choise for you :)
Poli
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comedy
Not as funny as the karma stuff, still there are situations here which made me smile.

• Hummeldumm
  • Vollidiot
  • Für jede Lösung ein Problem
  • Morir no es lo que más duele
  • Resturlaub. Das Zweitbuch
  • Der Koch
  • Dampfnudelblues (Franz Eberhofer, #2)
  • Die Wanderhure (Die Wanderhure, #1)
  • Winterkartoffelknödel (Franz Eberhofer, #1)
  • Die Kastellanin (Die Wanderhure, #2)
  • Lo mejor de ir es volver
  • Millionär
  • Das Vermächtnis der Wanderhure (Die Wanderhure, #3)
  • Iphigenie auf Tauris
  • Andorra
  • Todesreigen (Maarten S. Sneijder, #4)
  • Der Pfau
  • Los niños de la estrella amarilla
David Safier is a German writer and novelist. He wrote the television series Berlin, Berlin for which he was awarded the Adolf Grimme Award in 2003. Berlin, Berlin also won an International Emmy Award for best comedy in 2004. He has written four novels, Mieses Karma and Jesus liebt mich, which together sold two million copies, Plötzlich Shakespeare and Happy Family.
“El tiempo que pierdes con tus miedos, no lo recuperas nunca” 23 likes