Start by marking “Summer Lovin' (Costas Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Summer Lovin' (Costas Sisters, #2)

Summer Lovin' (Costas Sisters #2)

3.71  ·  Rating Details ·  2,168 Ratings  ·  160 Reviews
Zoe Costas is a security specialist and a Costas through and through. Her eccentric, rather dubious family runs an Atlantic City spa that's just this side of legit. So Zoe isn't inclined to trust handsome, charming Ryan Baldwin when he shows up claiming to be related to Sam, the girl the Costas family is about to adopt. But Ryan is Sam's uncle and one of the famously rich ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by HQN (first published July 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Summer Lovin', please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Lovin'

Amy
Apr 17, 2015 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: needs-an-editor
Have you ever read a book so poorly written you just want to break through years of reserve and upbringing and swear like a sailor? I didn’t throw Summer Lovin’ by Carly Phillips across the room…but I came close. I didn’t finish the first book in this series, Under the Boardwalk because the insta-lust overwhelmed any half-way interesting plot point 10 pages in. Summer Lovin’ kept me interested long enough that I figured I should just finish…a decision I regret.
Summer Lovin’ tells the story of Z
Barb
Mar 22, 2013 Barb rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Zoe's a security specialist and a Costas through and through. Her eccentric, rather dubious family runs an Atlantic City spa that's just this side of legit. So Zoe isn't inclined to trust handsome, charming Ryan Baldwin when he shows up claiming to be related to Sam, the girl the Costas family is about to adopt. But Ryan is Sam's uncle and one of the famously rich and snooty Boston Baldwins.
Ryan's search for his sister Faith has led him to news of her death, and to a niece he's never met. But so
Elena
Oct 19, 2012 Elena rated it it was ok
Meh - it was ok, but definitely nothing to write home about! As far as romances go - it was neither interesteing enough nor steamy enough. As far as characters go - they were not fully developped and annoying most of the time. As far as the mystery went - what mystery!?

Zoe had zero reasons to be afraid of commitment and zero valid explanations for it, so her "running away" and excuses of "i'm not cut out for this" just seemed neurotic... It was extremely annoying to see her running away from a
Andrea Guy
Oct 15, 2009 Andrea Guy rated it it was amazing
I love a good chicklit and Carly Phillips always delivers a good one. This one is the tale of a crazy Greek Jersey family and a conservative Boston family that share a common bond; a 14 year old girl named Samantha.

The heroine, Zoe is one of the Costas clan and the hero is Ryan is Sam's new found uncle from the Boston Baldwins, a family that owns a big department store in the city.

Ryan has come in search of Sam, who is his runaway sister's only child, and one who has been suffled through foster
Char (1RadReader59)
Apr 08, 2012 Char (1RadReader59) rated it it was amazing
I loved this continuation of the of the Costas family antics. Carly as such a way of making them so endearing to us the readers. This book was about the other twin Zoe & man claiming to be Sam's uncle (Sam is her soon to be new adoptive sister the man claiming to be the uncle is named Ryan Baldwin. Zoe's not looking or even ready for a relationship but the chemistry is hot upon meeting Ryan for the first time. There are not as many antics as the first book nut enough to keep you interested.
Nina
Jan 07, 2014 Nina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good love story

I would definitely recommend this book! kept me interested the whole time and made me tear up a little in the end
Kahea
***3.5 ‘Costas Family’ Stars***

As much as I know that Zoe and Ryan are the focus of the book, the Costas family as a whole were who ultimately kept me turning the pages. Think My Big Fat Greek Wedding but a tinsy bit less chaotic. That sense of unconditional and unequivocal love mixed with their antics and need to meddle in people’s lives because they only want to see them happy jumped off the page and had me smiling the entire time.

Even though the Costa family took front and center for me, I
Whispers From
Jul 04, 2017 Whispers From rated it it was amazing
A hilarious, addicting story. It'll have a laughing and crying. There is a little mystery and a little sex in it. I adore Ms. Phillips and her stories are the best. They make you feel like you're experiencing everything the character is.
Zoe is former Secret Service, Greek, and her family is a little zany. Her family is in the middle of adopting a 14 year old girl. Everything goes haywire when her uncle shows up.
Ryan is a lawyer and from a very rich family. He has been searching for his sister wh
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
Summer Lovin' was a fun, sarcastic, and a sexy read. I really enjoyed this book. If you looking for a summer romance book to read, this is it! Summer Lovin' is book two in the Costas sisters series, but can be read as a standalone. The Costas family had me laughing hysterically. They had me also feeling a bit overwhelmed just like Ryan did when he accidentally dropped in on the family.

Zoe has this first time ever connection towards Ryan. She has been great being alone and independent. She is ev
Sandi Ramirez
Jul 02, 2017 Sandi Ramirez rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Summer Lovin' Carly Phillips writes with such a great description. She describes the Costas family as the Adams family and some of the "jobs" they had done in the past. The birthday party for Samantha was described in such detail that I felt like I was actually there at the party with Spanky myself.
The attraction of Ryan and Zoe is evident from the very first time our author allows us to meet them and runs through this book. We get to know Zoe Costas's amazing and very quirky fa
Shannon Ferguson
Jul 09, 2017 Shannon Ferguson rated it really liked it
This was a really good read! Full of twists and turns, and while I suspected some of it, there were parts that shocked me also.

I loved Zoe and Ryan together. She brought out a fun side of him, and just seemed to bring light to his dull stiff world.

Zoe's family are... well, freaking awesome lol. Imagine every eccentric personality, and you've got her family. They had me laughing at their antics, and loving how close they were.

This is definitely a must read!!
Lesley
Jul 02, 2017 Lesley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
What an awesome story from Carly Phillips! Ryan Baldwin has finally found his runaway sister's child, but she's about to be adopted by Zoe's family. Ryan and Zoe work on finding happiness given the uncertainty of Sam's future living arrangements.

This story is heartfelt and poignant. It does standalone, but I would love to go back and read Ari's story now. I read this in less than a day because I could not put it down.

Thanks to the author for a review copy.
Katy Battisti
Jul 08, 2017 Katy Battisti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summer lovin' was a great read! I really enjoyed this one. This one is one of my favorites from Carly Phillips. I loved the characters and how different their lives are. A lawyer who loves Rules and an ex-fed that is a free spirit with a crazy family. The storyline was great, well-developed and written. The plot had some twists that kept you reading. Opposites do attract!
Elaina
Jul 03, 2017 Elaina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was great as a standalone but has me wanting to read the first in this series. I loved the quirkiness and caring of the Costas. The storyline was great and the characters were interesting. The bit of mystery and the chemistry between Ryan and Zoe kept me turning the page.

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Jenny
Jun 24, 2017 Jenny rated it really liked it
Registered on Bookcrossing - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/7...

Another fun book by Carly Phillips. I love her characters, they are so fun to read about.
Eileen
Jul 16, 2012 Eileen rated it it was amazing
Summer Lovin by Carly Phillips is the second book in the Costas Sisters series. Zoe Costas lives with her very eccentric loving Greek family in New Jersey. At one time, Zoe worked for the Secret Service, but quickly tired of all the rules and regulations of the government; so she is now starting her own business. Samantha, Zoe's foster sister, lives with the Costas and as they are about to celebrate Sam's first year with the Costas family and her adoption of Samantha, Ryan Baldwin arrives.

Ryan,
Heather
Dec 29, 2010 Heather rated it it was amazing
Carly Phillips is one of my go-to authors and in this second book in the Costas Sisters series, she doesn't disappoint.

Zoe Costas is an ex-Fed who is part of a very eccentric Greek family living in New Jersey and she's starting a new business. She's ready for a new direction. Zoe's family is also fostering a young girl named Samantha and the family has gotten together to celebrate the milestone that she has been with the family for a year and they are also celebrating the fact that soon enough s
Samantha
Dec 19, 2007 Samantha rated it really liked it
After reading other reviews, I expected to be disappointed with this book after really enjoying Under the Boardwalk. I'm not going to write a plot summary but it does continue the family sagas of the Costas family started in Under the Boarwalk. I just enjoyed that this is a quick read. No it's not Carly Phillips' best book, but it still is enjoyable. I already loved a lot of the characters and feel this is why a lot of other reviewers didn't like it because it builds on what was already establis ...more
Nia Imani
Apr 02, 2009 Nia Imani rated it did not like it
From the description, I picked up this book looking forward to romance and perhaps even a murder mystery.

As far as the romance went, I felt like the characters kind of rushed into a physical relationship. Then, because it did that, I felt like there wasn't much to look forward to because, well, we knew they were going to get together, but watching Zoe get over her hang-ups just wasn't very interesting, in my opinion.

Then, there really wasn't much of a mystery. I won't spoil the story, but I jus
Lissy Peace
OK, so what's with the title? Being from the Midwest I love to read fun books about the warm summer. Who named this book? I think someone got it mixed up with another title. This title has nothing to do with summer, driving around in a convertible, and especially the hot, romantic flings that happen in the summer. This book was actually very sad and depressing. It was about the horrible foster care system that currently exists in the US. How one little girl could get shuffled around the foster c ...more
Ashlyn
Aug 14, 2014 Ashlyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned
Loved this book! It was hard to get into at first, but it was a fun read and opens your mind up.
Harlequin Romance Novel.

Sam is a girl whose mother got killed, but why and who killed her?

Sam's uncle finds the girl and goes to her foster home; where he lies about who he is so he can observe what the girl lives in. Next, he ends up following in love with Zoe. Sam finally gets to meet Ryan's family, but how will they respond to his family?

Ryan came from a very conservative family,Zoe and Sam were n
Jen
Mar 23, 2013 Jen rated it it was ok
First off let me start by saying that Carly Phillips is one of my favorite romance authors, in saying that I was very disappointed with this series. Worst series I read in a long while. This book was slightly better than the first book. Although I gave Under the Boardwalk one star, I read the second book because when I start a series I feel like I have to finish it. All I can say is the best reading in this series involved Spank the monkey and Ima the pig!
Jessica
Mar 01, 2008 Jessica rated it really liked it
Good romantic story and interesting story line that showed the life of fostering and attempting adoption of a teenager.
I will definitly look for more of this author's books.

[regarding the possible sell/swap of this book, the copy is good condition library withdrawl. I know there are some sort of legal issues with the selling of ex-library books, so I guess if someone would just be interested in a swap. Perhaps for another ex-library book.]
Anna
Feb 08, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing
Super schönes Buch! :)
Der erste Teil mit Ari war schon toll aber die Geschichte zwischen Zoe und Ryan gefiel mir nch tausendmal besser. So stell ich mir einen schönen und mit einem happy end versehenen Liebesroman vor! (nicht immer hat Carly Phillips einen Epilog am Schluss und diesen habe ich umso mehr geliebt, denn es ist was besonderes)
Eine klare Empfehlung für die Costas-Reihe von Carly Phillips! ;)
Rdpoll
Sep 14, 2012 Rdpoll rated it did not like it
Waste. Of. Time.....
Suzanne Radcliffe
Summer Lovin' is about Zoe and Ryan. Zoe is a Costas and makes no apologies for who she is. So when the new social worker shows up at the birthday party the Costas are throwing for Samantha "Sam", the 14 year old the family is trying to adopt, she surprises herself with her instant attraction to him. At thirty, she figured she was just not going to ever "settle down" and find love.

Ryan is the new social worker, but is really Sam's uncle. A miscommunication when he showed up at the party had him
Michele
Jul 05, 2017 Michele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Summer Lovin was an enjoyable read that had me laughing out loud at the antics of the Costas family. They are a family that loves unconditionally. This is the second book of the series that was originally released in 2005. The first book in the series is Under The Boardwalk. Both books can be read as standalones.

Zoe Costas is a security specialist and ex FBI Agent. She is back with her family and trying to start a new business. Her parents are in the middle of adopting Samantha, a teen who has b
Becky Claxon
Jul 12, 2017 Becky Claxon rated it it was amazing
Zoe Costas is a security specialist an ex government agent. She comes from a large loving Greek family and has a twin names Ari. Her parents are in the process of adopting a 14 year old girl named Samantha or Sam as they call her. She has had a troubled past and been in a few unloving foster homes. They are having a birthday party when Ryan Baldwin comes in the back yard. The family has no idea that Sam has any relatives. Ryan is her uncle and has been looking for his sister for years and found ...more
Jennie Fortna
Jul 10, 2017 Jennie Fortna rated it really liked it
ARC for honest review with no compensation 4.3 stars

Summer Lovin is the 2nd book in the Costas Sisters series and Carly Phillips has written another good book! I will be getting the other Costas Sisters stories to read.

This book is about Zoe, an ex-Fed, Special Services and is starting her own security business and part of an old Greek family. Her family is fostering a 14 year old girl named Samantha and after having her for a year the family decides to adopt her….but in comes Ryan Baldwin…

Ryan
Shelley
I love Carly Phillips, I would highly recommend her as a talented author. This rerelease with a beautiful new cover is a standalone HEA with no cheating. I think it was originally 2nd in a duet. The beginning of the book feels a bit like getting thrown into the deep side of the pool. There's a lot going on, references to previous stories and couples that you have not read. It settles after a couple chapters.

Zoe is former Secret Service and now starting her own security business with two partners
  • Solitary Man
  • Hot & Bothered (Marine, #3)
  • Santa, Baby
  • First Kiss (Bridesmaid Chronicles, #2)
  • Invitations To Seduction (3-in-1)
  • Texas Heat (Harlequin Blaze, #491)
  • This Must Be Love (Summer Lovin', #1)
  • Once Smitten, Twice Shy (Wedding Veil Wishes, #2)
  • Sweet Spot (Bakery Sisters, #2)
  • Catch of the Day (Misty Harbor, #1)
  • When Bruce Met Cyn... (Visitation, North Carolina, #3)
  • Feet First (Bellagio, #1)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips N.Y. Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips has written over 40 sexy contemporary romance novels that today's readers identify with and enjoy. After a successful 15 year career with various New York publishing houses, Carly is making the leap to Indie author, with the goal of giving her readers more books at a faster pac ...more
More about Carly Phillips...

Costas Sisters (2 books)
  • Under the Boardwalk (Costas Sisters #1)

“Frankly, accepting the family's unique qualities has done wonders to help my own sanity.” 1 likes