Start by marking “Fired Up” as Want to Read:
Fired Up

Fired Up

(The Bayside Heroes)

Through smoke and fire, she’s all I see.

Nothing gives me a bigger rush than when I’m responding to an emergency call.
As a firefighter EMT, my mission has always been clear.
Until I arrive at the scene of an accident and a dark-haired vixen, quite literally, trips into my life.
I quickly learn there’s more to the gorgeous photographer than meets the eye.

Meadow Matthews isn’t
Published December 20th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Fired Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fired Up

Start your review of Fired Up
The Romantic Rush Blog
Dec 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Fresh starts, a single parent, a sexy fireman, and so much swoon- the perfect combination for a sweet, feel good romance and yet another stellar addition to this fantastic Bayside Hero series.

KK treats us to the story of delicious Asher- the mysterious and seemingly distracted fireman we met in the prior stories. He's not looking for anything serious- just wants to focus on his career- until beautiful Meadow moves back home with her precious three year old son Tate. She too is hesitant to dive
Kandi Steiner
This was hands down my most addicting read of 2021. I was sucked in from the start and found myself devouring page after page. Allen’s writing style is smooth like honey, sweet and tantalizing, and I couldn’t get enough. Fired Up is sexy, charming, and downright delectable. Not just a must-read, but a must-read-again!
Harloe Rae
Nov 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
TOP FAVORITE READ OF 2021!

KK Allen’s heartfelt and poetic prose always strikes me in the feels, but Fired Up adds several extra layers of spice. HOT DAMN!

Asher Moore is a swoony hero you’ll easily fall for. The fact he’s a fireman/EMT only heightens his appeal. He’s kind, dedicated, charming, and just the right amount of jaded/broken/distrusting that the perfect woman will just swoop in.

Enter Meadow Matthews. I love me a single mom trope and this one is an emotional masterpiece. She works so ha
Villains Do It Better
3.75 Stars

Spoiler alert

Entertaining enough and really cute. I love how charming the hero is, and I love single mom books so those were definite pluses. The only thing I wasn't really a fan of was the ex-wife drama.

Typical cliche drama where the ex comes back claiming to be preggo with the heros baby🙄 if I would have known this before, I probably wouldn't have even read this book tbh. Thankfully it didn't cause too much drama and it didn't last long as the baby wasn't his thankfully, but knowing
Tia Louise
Nov 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Asher Moore has STOLEN MY HEART!!! Ahh... he's cocky but sweet, playful but serious when he needs to be, and HOT AS FIRE! He's the perfect book boyfriend. And Meadow is just my favorite kind of book bestie. She's a strong single mom who has clear goals and knows what she wants, and she is not afraid to get it. And these two **GET IT** many times and it is HOT! I love the beautiful story, love the smokin hot spice! Don't miss this FIERY book. I promise, you'll be so happy you did... ...more
Carvanz
Asher was the type of wounded hero that I love. He was fighting his attraction to Meadow but watching him fail at it was wonderful. Dang, he was as hot as a five alarm fire when he began seducing Meadow.

Canning Vale firefighter happy to be Mr January in calendar for charity | Community News

Meadow had her own issues to contend with but when she yielded, she absolutely glowed! While I loved her, I have to admit that Tate stole the show as well as my heart and that of Asher as well. He was adorable and I couldn’t help but smile with every scene he was in.

This doesn’t have any moment
Kandi Steiner
Meghan Quinn
Grab it now! 👉 smarturl.it/firedupbook⁣⁣

*𝘍𝘙𝘌𝘌 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘦 𝘜𝘯𝘭𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥⁣⁣

⁣⁣

𝘜𝘚𝘈 𝘛𝘖𝘋𝘈𝘠 Bestselling Author K.K. Allen delivers a standalone single-parent medical romance, her steamiest and swooniest novel yet!⁣⁣

⁣⁣

Nov 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: K.K. Allen, Romance
4 Yes, You Fired Me Up Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
Yup, this was a winner and continued the success of this inter-connected series about people who work together and are friends. We have been seeing them interact and each book focuses on a different couple and how they happen to be together. For me, this really works and all of them are written by favorite authors, too.

In Fire Up we have a couple that each was married before, one was widowed and the other had a sticky divorce.
They have fateful mee
1-Click Addict Support Group
Dec 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Made me smile…

I see this author’s name and I immediately click. Book blurb? Cover? Nope, don’t need it. That is how I ended up with this stand-alone in the Bayside Heroes series. I’ve added the others to the TBR but I had to dive into this one right away…

Meadow and Tate were an unbeatable combination. Asher, well he was the best. Charming, good looking, and such a good guy. And a FIREFIGHTER! Swoon… And his love for Meadow? Well, those were #lovegoals for sure. An unfortunate first meeting meant
Vera Blaz
Shelves: 2021, arc, wildfire-arc
Holy smokes (pun intended)! Where can I find a real life Asher Moore? His ex-wife didn't make him jaded to commitment. Thank goodness! While he and Meadow didn't get off on the right foot the first time they met, it is a good thing there's something called second chances. Their attraction and chemistry was sizzling hot! Those scenes were spicy hot! But the thing that really lit the fire was how Asher took to Meadow's son Tate. Sigh... Tate asking if Asher's intentions were honowwible? Oh my good ...more
Claire Annovazzi
Dec 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
After reading about Asher and Meadow in the previous book, I found out that their story was nothing like I expected. It was even better.

With a firefighter/EMT who modeled for a calendar, and a sexy photographer, I thought it would be more a workplace romance, model/photographer kind of story. Not at all. Because the characters were much more than their profession.

Sure, Asher was the cocky, confident, funny man I’d seen in book 1 and 2, but he was also a lonely man, just coming out of a painful m
Sammie Lynn
Nov 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Well, KK Allen has done it again. I absolutely loved this story. It felt so effortless and addicting. I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and world KK built for us. The story was original and light hearted.. and the characters... The characters were full of so much personality. I honestly couldn't help but flip page after page, devouring every word to get to the next. Here to hoping the other authors who are writing in this world can nail it as well as KK Allen did with Fired Up. ...more
BookAddict
Dec 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
There's nothing I love better than a second chance romance, whether it's a second chance with a lost love or two people getting a second chance to find a new love.

Asher Moore and Meadow Matthews have both loved and lost, and neither is looking for a relationship. Asher is plenty busy working as a fireman and getting his EMT certification. And Meadow has just moved back home to Tampa while getting her photography business going and raising her three-year-old son, Tate.

There is so much to love ab
Queen B
Dec 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing

Fired Up is the story of Asher and Meadow. They have a bit of the opposite of a meet-cute initially, during a massive car accident. After Asher apologizes, they just kind of get thrown together as he convinces her to photograph his charity firefighter calendar.

Asher was an amazing character. He makes his desire and attraction to Meadow known, but not in a bossy or pushy way. He was open about his feelings but very understanding and sweet. The sparks fly between him and Meadow and both j
Jenna
Dec 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Y’ALL! This is KK’s best steamy read yet.
🚑We meet Asher a Firefight paramedic, a tall, good looking, dare I say On fire? He is favorite Hero from Kk, I have ever read. He is witty and kind and so lovable. In more ways than you know. And oh so HOT!
I loved his story and his drive but most of all his heart 💕
🔥Then we meet Meadow, she is a tough single momma, who has been through the ringer but she still has a smile on her face. She is strong and beautiful, with the wit and brain to match.
👩‍👦Her so
K.K. Allen
Nov 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Four standalone novels,
Four bestselling authors,
One hot month of December.

Read Fired Up on December 20th!

PP's Bookshelf
Dec 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Fired Up by K.K.Allen brings the next sexy and emotional instalment of Bayside Heroes series. This medical romance series is proving to be one of the best series this year! Asher and Meadow are fire together but their love story was not easy as they were both dealing with their demons from past. Asher is epitome of swoony, gorgeous and alpha hero while Meadow will win your heart with her sweetness and fierceness.
Asher is the firefighter who also works as EMT with Bayside Regionals hospital. He
TLBC
My Review (ARC provided)
Five Stars!

Asher and Meadow had me from the beginning. They both are very likable characters that are devoted to their careers.

Meadow had just made the move back to Tampa to be close to her mom and get some extra help with her son Tate. Asher divorced and ready to move on can’t get his mind off the new girl. They fall into several coincidental meet-ups before they decide to take the next step.

Meadow
Andrea
Oh my God!
I love this story so much!
Both characters are ahhhhmazing, very down to earth, relatable, endearing ... simply fantastic!
I love Asher's easy going nature, his humor, his positive charisma and his upbeat manner even though he went through hell ...
I love Meadow, her devotion to her son Tate (the cutest little guy ever) and her dedication to her job and her photography projects. I love how she blossomed and let go when she gave herself permission to live a little after going through so mu
Julie
Dec 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2021, dec
Fired up is one of the books making up the Bayside Heroes Series. I have enjoyed all the books so far.
Asher is a firefighter/EMT and, during a call, crosses paths with Meadow, one of the drivers in a pile-up. After his less than a stellar first impression, then later at an attempted apology, they meet yet again!

Meadow is returning to Tampa after some time in California. Being a single mom, establishing a new business, and moving, she has no room on her plate for romance. There is chemistry, but
Jaime Reynolds
Dec 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This series is surely heating up with Fired Up being a perfect addition. Tate stole my heart with Asher being a close second. Asher and meadow sizzle and have this undeniable chemistry. Once you start their story you will not want to put it down. Beautiful story with everything you want and love from the romance to the drama. The will they or won’t they make this a page turner. Pick this up to find out if they get their happily ever after. You will not be disappointed.
Michelle
Dec 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one! Meadow and Asher are both deserving of a second chance at love and they find each other at just the right time! Asher is both easy going and persistent - just the right combination to woo Meadow.

What you thought might be just a sexy hook up story becomes so much more!! These two were such a perfect fit together, both in and out of the bedroom.

Meadow’s little guy, Tate, just seals the deal for Asher and he breaks down all the carefully erected walls that Meadow puts up.
Beyond The Covers Blog
Shelves: tonya
Meadow and Asher's story is definitely one to get you Fired Up. This page turner has everything from heat to humor.
There are no dull moments in this serendipitous story, with many surprises, twists, and turns.
K.K. Turner has done an amazing job with this book.
As someone who works in Healthcare, it's very refreshing to read a book that has factual medical terminology. I can't wait to read more about the Bayside Heroes.
Rhonda Ziglar
Dec 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5 ASHER AND MEADOW STARS!! Wow, this series has been phenomenal....well I do love all of these authors. Asher and Meadow will heat your kindles up with their sexiness. I absolutely loved Tate too, he was so cute and fun. You must read this book and series.
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Asher and Meadow are the Reading OBSESSION you need in your life! I was entranced from their first meeting and their explosive chemistry hooked me and didn’t let go! I couldn’t read this story fast enough!

I have to say though; Tate was a show stopper!! That adorable little boy really took this story to the next level and just reading the interactions between Asher and Tate had me melting! This is one of KK’s hottest books EVER!

In all honesty what I loved about this story was how real the chara
Erin
Nov 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2021
I absolutely love everything that KK Allen writes and this book is no different. I love that this book is part of a series with books from other authors, but can also be read as a standalone. Meadow and Asher’s relationship was so fun to watch build from the ground up and how it all came about. And of course I love the medical and fire side of the book 😍. Can’t wait for everyone to get ahold of this book.
Caroline F
Absolutely adored this story!

"The man is charming, and that makes him dangerous, but I'd be lying to myself if I didn't admit wanting to know more about him."

Asher Moore is to die for! Recently divorced following a rough marriage to his high-school sweetheart, he's wary about putting himself out there again. However, from the moment that Meadow Matthews literally falls into his arms, his interest is piqued. When coincidence has them in the same place at the same time repeatedly, he knows that th
Kaya
RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Kindles everywhere are going to need Asher and his team's assistance because Fired Up is sure to set them ablaze.

But let's introduce you to Asher and Meadow first.

Meadow is trying to get her footing after a big move into Tampa. A big highway pile-up that involved her car has her crossing paths with Asher, who makes a wrong assumption about Meadow. Fate gives him an opportunity to apologize, but while Meadow accepts it, she runs off. It turns out that these two are opposi
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon

Meadow and Asher's first meeting did not leave a good impression with Meadow. He was incredibly rude and presumptuous in a way most men would never get a chance to redeem. But true to Meadow's big heart, she forgave him when he sincerely apologized. However, getting her to agree to his professional proposal is a different story. And when Asher realizes (very quickly) that he wants more than a photo session with her and her scene-stealing, adorable and precocious son, will she give in?

• Screwed Up
  • Tangled Up
  • Washed Up
  • What Love Looks Like
  • Ignite (Cloverleigh Farms, #6)
  • Put Me in Detention
  • Resolution (Mason Family, #5)
  • Juniper Hill (The Edens, #2)
  • Doctor Mistake
  • Wildcat (Wildcat Hockey #1)
  • Ruthless Player (Westfall U #2)
  • There's Always Someday
  • The Plight Before Christmas
  • Tall, Dark, and Bossy
  • The One Night
  • Protecting You (Chikalu Falls #3)
  • The Pact (Winslow Brothers, #2)
K.K. Allen is the USA TODAY Bestselling and award-winning contemporary romance author of sweet, sexy, and inspiring stories that evoke emotion at every turn.

K.K.'s debut romance novel, Up in the Treehouse, was named the Best New Adult Book of the Year by RT Book Reviews, an honor beyond belief. And she continues to take reader’s emotions on an epic ride every single time with real, layered, comin

The Bayside Heroes (4 books)
  • Washed Up