Start by marking “Vergebung (Millennium, #3)” as Want to Read:
Vergebung (Millennium, #3)

Vergebung

(Millennium #3)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  604,929 ratings  ·  28,288 reviews
Die Ermittlerin Lisbeth Salander steht unter Mordverdacht. Ihr Partner Mikael Blomkvist schwört, ihre Unschuld zu beweisen. Er weiß, dass es um Salanders Leben geht. Als seine Ermittlungen die schwedische Regierung in ihren Grundfesten zu erschüttern drohen, setzt er alles auf eine Karte. Nach „Verblendung“ und „Verdammnis“ der grandiose Höhepunkt der Trilogie um das Ermittlerduo Blomkvist und Sal„“„“ ...more
Published June 2009 by Heyne (first published May 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Vergebung, please sign up.
Andrew I just don't get it. People will slog through 498 pages of something like "Twilight," but complain about 60 more pages in "Hornet's Nest?" What's…moreI just don't get it. People will slog through 498 pages of something like "Twilight," but complain about 60 more pages in "Hornet's Nest?" What's happened to us? Why are we so intimidated by "big books?" (less)
Isabel For me the third book was the worst. It has too many unnecessary details, that bored me to death. It had good bits too, but it doesn't make up for the…moreFor me the third book was the worst. It has too many unnecessary details, that bored me to death. It had good bits too, but it doesn't make up for the unbearable pages throughout the whole book. The story may be good(ish)..but I can't stand the writer style.

The second is slightly better, but same problem, too much information that doesn't lead to anything. eg, the boxing combat with Paolo was endless..

In the first part , although the style is similar , the story is a lot more interesting, so it's easier to ignore the tiring parts....

And if you found the second book too long, this third one is the never ending story. :)(less)

·  604,929 ratings  ·  28,288 reviews

Start your review of Vergebung (Millennium, #3)
unknown
These books really shouldn't work. Stieg Larsson is a very weird writer. He likes to tell us absolutely everything someone is doing. If Stieg wrote the story of my morning, it would go like this:

"Joel woke up around 7:45 a.m. and looked at the clock. He decided he didn't need to get up yet and hit the snooze button. When the alarm sounded again, he dragged himself out of bed and used the toilet. He brushed his teeth and then dressed in a blue striped shirt, black tie and flat front d
Grace Tjan
What I learned from this book (in no particular order):

1. You can use duct tapes to close up serious wounds; they keep the blood in and the germs out.

2. You can be shot in the head and STILL have photographic memory, though annoyingly, you will forget the solution to that pesky Fermat's Theorem that you have just discovered.

3. Congenital analgesia is a useful condition to have for mafia henchmen and Bond villains.

4. Muscular, one meter eighty-four tall Latina policewomen who can out-wrestle a man are HOT.

5. Middle-aged, out of shape Swedis
Jayson
(A-) 82% | Very Good
Notes: A predictable outcome with no real surprises along the way, but characters are well drawn and the pace never slows.
Shayantani
Nov 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dear Steig Larsson,

I absolutely hate you! But,I think I love you too. While every author has some characteristic quality, yours seem to be aggravate your readers. Ever since I picked up the 1st book of this Millennium saga, I have regretted my decision countless times. You have forced me to bang my head on the wall, pull my hair, throw your books at the end of the room, and then pick it up again and read it like a mad woman, totally forgetting the outside world. So many contradictory
Jeffrey Keeten
”Salander was afraid of no-one and nothing. She realized that she lacked the necessary imagination--and that was evidence enough that there was something wrong with her brain.”

photo HornetsNest_zps080f1150.jpg
Noomi Rapace plays Lisbeth Salander in the excellent Swedish trilogy. She takes the bad girl goth look farther than even Joan Jett.

Even if Lisbeth Salander had been raised in a “normal” environment of a white picket f
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Another short review due to glitches on GR!

Lisbeth is recovering in the hospital but she has to go to court because she is being charged with the murder of her rapist. Who cares if she did in my opinion.

Mikael and the gang are also trying to get things pinned on Lisbeth's evil father and such as well.

Lisbeth goes to trial to prove she's innocent in this matter. She's just too cool.

Fin
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“If love is liking someone an awful lot, then I suppose I'm in love with several people.”

This book is utterly outstanding. The whole trilogy is. Just totally, absolutely wrecking and mindblowing.

It's two years ago that I read The Girl Who Played with Fire, probably four since The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I wanted to read book 3 right after book 2, but I went abroad for a year and didn't find the time to read it. When I returned I shied away from the sheer size of this book: 850 pages. Whene
Lyn
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After finishing The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, the last of the Millennium Trilogy by the late Stieg Larsson, I have a great desire to order a tray of sandwiches and coffee, fire up my 13 inch MacBook Pro, and order some Ikea furniture online.

Larsson’s crisp, journalistic, almost report-like prose is endearing rather than tedious and just as after finishing the first two, I greatly lament his passing for the selfish reason of not being able to look forward to more of his work.

This summe
Kemper
Lisbeth Salander, we hardly knew ye.

It seems like a particularly cruel joke that Steig Larsson died shortly after getting a deal to publish his Millennium Trilogy. Would he have continued on with these tales of Salander and journalist Mikeal Blomkvist if he would have lived? Unless the rumors are true about Larsson’s long-time girlfriend having a laptop with a fourth book saved on it stuck in a safety deposit box somewhere as she fights with his family over the cash cow this series h
Georg
Oct 30, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english, crime
It seems to be unfair to rate the two first Millenium-novels by five stars and then give only three stars for the last one. On the other hand it is not fair to write two brilliant books and then publish a 600 pages long epilogue without much of a new story, either.

600 pages look like a long story, but if you skip the 300 cups of coffees Micke and his friends make, stir and drink, if you skip the complete index of the Stockholm city-map and if you skip the subplot of Erika and her sta
David
Dec 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the Millennium trilogy. I hate that I've now read every novel written by Steig Larsson.
Ellen
Jun 13, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
Edited to include link to Nora Ephron's very funny piece ("The Girl Who Fixed the Umlaut") from The New Yorker:

D E P R E S S I O N…

You’re probably depressed when, in the space of 3 or 4 weeks, you leave the house only when absolutely necessary, and read about 30 books – 90% of which are crap, including 15 books by Harlan Coben, a grade Z mystery writer. Even worse, you read Coben’s entire Myron Bolitar series/>
Will Byrnes
Jun 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third (completed) novel of what Stieg had hoped would be a ten-volume opus. At the end of the last book, Lisbeth Salander had been shot by her evil and well-toasted natural father, a former Soviet spy who had been granted immunity in Sweden in return for handing over information. We pick up the story here as she arrives at an ER with several wounds, including a bullet wound to the head, with the bullets still inside.

Don’t even try reading this if you have not read volumes 1 and 2. T
Ken
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Millennium trilogy are an exceptional set of books.
It’s such a shame that Larsson wasn’t able to see the impact his characters made, but what a legacy to leave behind.

Just like I mentioned in my previous reviews for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played with Fire it was ironically the fourth book to get an adaptation to be the tipping point for me to finally pick this series up, but I’m glad that I had given a 10 year space between watching the Noomi Rapace movies a
James
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book Review
4+ of 5 stars to The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, the third book in the trilogy written by Stieg Larsson shortly before he died. The series has been picked up by another author who's published book 4 and set to release number 5 later this year. This is my second favorite of the series, as nothing can compare to the first one, as it focused on family history and genealogy. Lisbeth is so tragic. And you want her to get revenge. And what happens to her over the course of a lifetime, let alone th
Ahmad Sharabiani
Luftslottet som sprängdes = The girl who kicked the hornet's nest (millennium, #3), Stieg Larsson
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (original title in Swedish: Luftslottet som sprängdes, literally, the air castle that was blown up) is the third novel in the best-selling Millennium series by Swedish writer Stieg Larsson. It was published in Swedish in 2007; in English, in the UK, in October 2009; and in the US and Canada on 25 May 2010.
The first three novels in the series, The Girl with
Manny
I didn't like the second volume of the trilogy as much as the first, so I was initially wary about this book. But after the first few chapters, I was reassured. Despite some obviously implausible elements (even in Sweden, would you really keep two people who had tried to kill each other on the same corridor at a hospital?) it is extremely gripping and well-written.

Having now finished the book, I can confirm that, although it's not quite as good as the first one, it is indeed a fine e
Matt
Feb 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
The final instalment of the Millennium series picks up where Book 2 ends, as the main characters are in some real trouble. While some may say this is the 'best of the lot', I venture to say that Books 1 and 3 are in a tight race for this honour. It does tie up some important loose ends, but it does leave some really wide open questions from getting their deserved answers.

We get a legal sense of the Swedish system in the third book (I will be vague for those who read reviews of the en
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
Ok, I went from wanting to hug Lisbeth in previous book to high fiving her in this one. Blomkvist did ok too. Ok, he did more than ok, he can have his cookie. Can they have more interaction already? And now that that chapter of her life is over, what's next?

I should probably binge the swedish movies again before reading the next book, Hollywood versions were a drag and a new one from what I hear just plain sucks.

Over and out
Thom Dunn

Mr. Larsson, wherever you are, thank you for your magnificent story telling which, like your life, ended too abruptly and much too soon.
May 31, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, whodunnit, kindle
Sarah Null woke up at 8:00. She showered, dressed, and went into the kitchen. She made some coffee and sandwiches, then she went into the living room and sat in the armchair. She opened up her Sony Vaio laptop and checked her email. There were several emails from Meghan Fang and a few from the girls in her book club. The rest were mainly junk: email coupons and the like. It wasn't until after reading her email that she logged into Goodreads.com. She took a sip of her coffee and began to write he ...more
Fabian {Councillor}
Goodbye, Stieg Larsson. I have only gotten to know your books more than eleven years after your untimely death, but they will continue to have a thought-provoking impact on me and my reading experiences.

The "Millennium" series is one of the most famous Scandinavian thriller books, but only attained its status after the author's early death. While dealing with the disentanglement of a complex mystery, it can also be described as three novels full of social criticism, full of character
Meredith Holley
I find this entire series very unenjoyable, but I appreciated what I felt were academic analyses of consent and power in the first two books. Because this third installment failed to present any academic point, there was really nothing for me here. The attempt was clearly to say something about how, traditionally, women have actually fought in wars, not stayed on the sidelines fainting and tending to wounds like, I don't know, some people expect, but really the story was more about how cool wome ...more
Jojo
In comparison to the first two books in the Millennium series, this one was pretty weak. I feel like I didn't get a full serving of Lisbeth in this one, and quite honestly, I'm still hungry.

Unfortunately, Lisbeth Salander spends the majority of her time in this book in a hospital bed, recovering from being shot in the head. I mean, fair enough, but that meant we miss out on all the extreme and exciting stunts she pulls. Lisbeth Salander is such a fearlessly awesome character, and I l
Barry Cunningham
The third and final volume in the series, more like part two of The Girl Who Played with Fire, but I am not complaining these books are brilliant, fabulous story line with wonderful and colourful characters. Lisbeth Salander is a marvellous invention by the author, a very unlikely heroine, but credible all the same. I found this series totally gripping and almost unpredictable. I recommend these books to anyone who likes a good read, but especially those that like crime thrillers.
Abram
My Rating: 4.2/5
RTC
Bionic Jean
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is the final part in Stieg Larsson's hugely popular "Millennium" series, and it pulls all the threads together from the trilogy. This is surprising, because apparently Larsson planned the series as having ten installments, but due to his sudden death, only three were completed and published. There is also another incomplete part, but it is difficult to know what the author intended to do next.

The main character in the saga is Lisbeth Salander, a woma
Gary
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great series
The Writer
Dec 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the Millenium trilogy, and - thankfully - the last, because my hands were starting to feel a bit shaky after supporting these five centimeter thick book whenever I went around in a quest to find the most comfortable spot in the apartment without being bugged by my too enthusiastic budgies.

Sadly, I couldn't say the same praise toward this one as I did to the previous two books. To begin with, I'd say this book is a must read, well if you want to know the endi
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
4.5 stars, 5 stars for the trilogy as a whole

And once again, as soon as I've finished a series I want to go back and reread it to see what I missed. Probably won't happen for a good number of years at this point, but I'm so glad I had the option of the audiobook for all of these. Larsson's writing definitely took some getting used to. All three of these books fit together to form one brilliant story and I can really appreciate his commitment to it, to all of the different characters,

• The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2)
  • The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon, #3)
  • Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4)
  • Gone Girl
  • The Girl on the Train
  • Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1)
  • Lips of a Mastodon
  • Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
  • Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
  • Deception Point
  • The Silence of the Lambs  (Hannibal Lecter, #2)
  • Sharp Objects
  • Digital Fortress
  • Millenium, tomo 2: La chica que soñaba con una cerilla y un bidón de gasolina
  • The Pelican Brief
  • Dark Places
  • La Fille Qui Revait d'un Bidon d'Essence et d'une Allumette - Millenium 2
  • The Snowman (Harry Hole, #7)
Stieg Larsson (born as Karl Stig-Erland Larsson) was a Swedish journalist and writer who passed away in 2004.

As a journalist and editor of the magazine Expo , Larsson was active in documenting and exposing Swedish extreme right and racist organisations. When he died at the age of 50, Larsson left three unpublished thrillers and unfinished manuscripts for more. The first three books ( The Girl With the Dr(

Millennium (6 books)
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1)
  • The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2)
  • The Girl in the Spider's Web (Millennium, #4)
  • The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye (Millennium, #5)
  • The Girl Who Lived Twice (Millennium, #6)
“Nobody can avoid falling in love. They might want to deny it, but friendship is probably the most common form of love.” 455 likes
“I'm not going to apologize for the way I've led my life.” 193 likes