Start by marking “Mafias Embrace (Lethal Beauty & Smoking Steel, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mafias Embrace (Lethal Beauty & Smoking Steel, #2)

Mafias Embrace

(Lethal Beauty & Smoking Steel #2)

Traitors.
Funerals.
Chaos.

Even Gangstas Cry

I got thrown into one hell of a shitstorm, putting a strain on my empathy and leaving those who are at my side in a path of mass destruction. My only aim is to find those who betrayed not only me, but my family. I will not rest or waver until they are brought down.

In the midst of my inner turmoil, an outsider tries to force t
Published October 10th 2021 by Nighthawk Publishings, LLC (first published October 12th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Mafias Embrace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mafias Embrace

Start your review of Mafias Embrace (Lethal Beauty & Smoking Steel, #2)
Nikitasbookreviews
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Okay so this was definitely one of my anticipated reads! Ever since i read Mafia’s kiss I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the second book!
I’m happy to say book 2 starts off right after where book 1 ended.
Life is definitely rough for Selene for a few weeks but she knows she has to pick it up and become a badass now because she’s now the mf Queen!

OMG Selene seriously has me cracking up in some parts of this book! She is sassy as hell 😂
Don’t even get me started on how hot some of these scenes ar
Charlotte
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Selene (FMC) has to deal with the aftermath of her adopted father Dominik's death in book 2 in this series. Taking over the running of his crime syndicate brings its own complications. Mainly no-one (apart from her guys) taking her seriously. Murder attempts and another gang dont make life easy on Selene thats for sure, Still at the heart of this book is the relationship she has with her guys which regarding with the position she holds and the jobs the guys all do is a caring, compassionate and ...more
Katherine Broussard
Dear lord Darcy!!! I thought the first book Mafias Kiss was going to be hard to top! But this is fucking fantastic!!! So much action😱 Selene is such a badass!!! She literally knows how to handle any situation that is thrown her way!!! And the dynamic between her and her men! Please for the love of everything holy give me more Vik and Joe!! Gah that was legit perfection! And what is up with Jamie!?! Boo needs to get his crap together. Godfrey you precious little assassin I just love you🖤 the clif ...more
Elijah Mikaelson
Raised the bar

I didn't expect anything less than amazing from Darcy, but she still managed to exceed my expectations, and threw us head first back into this world. Selene was the badass mafia queen I knew she could be, and the boys just kept growing and developing. But I swear the way Jamie's acting I'm gonna be annoyed if he's playing Selene. Also that ending killed me, and I need the next book like yesterday.
Debleena
Feb 22, 2022 rated it liked it
The character development tanked

The fmc turned from sassy, strong heroine to a whiny petulant horny little girl. Don't get me wrong, I love her strength and resilience to survive not only one abusive foster home to other but her way to adapt to changes and make a life for herself. The girl's pride and unapologetic stance towards her job makes me respect her but the elements which made me adore her in book 1 were simply missing in this book. I mean her adopted father's empire is in shambles and y
Ashley Bullock
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A-mafia-mazing

After Dom dies, Selene and the guys are overtaken with grief but she has to pull herself out of it to take over as boss. Now she is at war with a sexist drug overlord and we see the much darker parts of her. I love the guy characters, except for Jamie, he’s secretive, gone for days, and what he does at the end makes me very much dislike him, I hope he gets kicked out of the Harem. It would take a lot to redeem him and I am not sure if it’s worth it. After that cliffhanger I want t
Karissa Kirk
Jan 21, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank goodness that cliffhanger wasn’t as bad as it could have been! Selene’s story picked up in Mafias Embrace and there was a lot more action and....a lot more action if you catch my drift. I still find myself wanting to know more about her guys especially Godfrey. And Jaime...I’m still mad the guy disappeared for 2 weeks and didn’t call/text or see her. Selene didn’t question it or get angry for it which I find crazy. Especially seeing how he was at the end of this book. I know I would’ve bee ...more
Laura C. Thomas
Okay

Pros: The guys are pretty awesome. The sex scenes are amazing.

Cons: So In the first book I really liked Selene but in this books she’s moving too far into TSTL for me. For someone taking over a mafia family she seems to have all the ruthlessness and none of the brains. I wondered how the head of their mafia could be gunned down on a super important night in his own home, but with how incompetent every guard they employ seems to be I am no longer shocked.

I do want to see how the story wraps u
Joy Whiteside
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a freaking amazing read that from the moment that I started reading it, I could not put it down. It moves along nicely, keeping you reading. You will fall in love with these characters and no matter what happens you want to be there for them. The story grabs you and keeps you turning pages till the end and then you are wanting more. This book needs to be on your TBR list, no doubt about it.
Melinda clinger
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Counting down until 3

Selene is a bad B!tch and watching her character develop more and grow her relation ships with the guys was perfect! I love the way Selene deals with situations head on and direct, I’m not sure if I’m team Jaime but I’m team Sasha! This is entertaining start to finish, such a great ride!
Corrinne
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap did all that just happen sh@t it just gets better and better, what more could happen ??... then it does !! Love Selene she is an awesome boss babe, the guys what can I say?? Damn !! Loving this series can’t wait for the next book ! Cause the cliffhanger it ended up, damn , I didn’t want to put this book down but you know life and kids gets in the way sometimes , hehehe
Katharine Lancaster
Light & Dark: Two Sides of the Same Coin

Under the starry night, the hospital signs gleam like a beacon, lighting a path for those in need, and yet, there is a darkness about the building — the idea of death lingering in the corners of each wing, waiting to capture the souls of those too weak to survive.
Melissa
Oct 17, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

This is a fun and fresh take on the mafia genre. Selene is a very cool heroine. She is tough but still feminine. Fierce but uncertain. It was refreshing to have a fmc like her and to have a modern take on organized crime. I enjoy the old school sexist mafia sometimes but this is so much more fun. Plenty of suspense, twists and lots of steam. Good series.
Daisy Sauceda
Nov 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
So here is book two in the lethal beauty and smoking steel series. Be prepared for a lot of action, whether it be steamy or just fighting. Well we do see Selene struggle in this book. She has to figure out how balance her position. She needs to learn that she is no longer an escort and she has many lives that she is responsible for. Yes she has the guys to help her but she still has not figured that out. She is compassionate but at the same time she is tough. Then she is also trying to figure ou ...more
Nicole Hale
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Okay so this one starts out right where book 1 ended!!
And let me tell you Selene and her men do not disappoint!! Lots of action and steamy scenes. I can’t tell you how much I am in love with these characters!! I can’t wait for book 3
Galina Sulaiman
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mafia's embrace

This was another action packed cliffhanger gasping inducing book. Deaths, torture , attempted take over, talk about baptism by fire!Now on to the next book because I need to know what happens next!
Kelly
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mafia, menage
Better than the 2nd group
Amanda Rossetti
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Damn plot thickens and some fine boys!

OMG A CLIFFHANGER!?!? Good lines, keeps you going for sure, read this book in a few hours...can’t wait to finish and see what happens next
Jen
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was fantastic!
Rachel Joi Maples
Selene picks up right where she was in book 1 ... still fabulously amazing (even with the cliffhanger; again)!
Sherry Justus
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Omg!!

I really really liked this one. The FMC is blossoming into a complete bad!*&$. I loved all the guys except Jamie is sketchy..he’s been sketchy. I can’t wait until book 3
Danielle Murrell
Wtf! This is to much! I’m craving answers
megan
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my mafia

Selena and her men throw me in a rollercoaster of emotions. The action packed, sexy story grabs you and makes you hold on for dear life because nothing is certain in the mafia lifestyle especially when you are the queen.
Lindsey Davis
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let's just say Darcy not this book out of the park! The story just keeps getting better and better and Selene is such a badass you can't help but love her. And don't get me started on her guys they're all addictive in their own way! This book sets off where we end in book 1 perfectly and then goes forward with out a hitch. Selene and her guys take a little while to get over the slump there in due to Dominic's death. After that going forward Selene shows us what a badass she is by stepping right ...more
Marie Reads
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taylor
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been so excited to read this next book ever since I finished Mafias Kiss. It did not disappoint, but I still need more! I loved being back in this world with these characters. There was plenty of action in and out of the sheets! The book picks up right where the first ends and we get to see as Selene steps into her new role and all the excitement that comes with it. There were times where I wanted to scream and throw my kindle, but it was oh so very good! If you haven't started this serie ...more
BookishBlondeNerd
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second book

Selene is dealing with her grief and having to deal with being a woman in charge. Not everyone is happy about this but she lets them know what she thinks... With her gun. She shows no mercy in getting the job done. The relationship progress and see some mm love with 2 of the guys. We get more with Jamie but things may not be as they appear.... Pretty big cliffhanger with some hope for the next book.
JAMIE WHITE
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Are you ready for this?

This is the second book in the series! So read the first book or you will be lost as hell. Embrace picks right up after kiss. And thank goodness for that because the cliff hanger from MAFIAS KISS was a doozy. I will not spoil this book for you in anyway because its that good. You need to read this series if you like a little dark, a little twisted, and a whole lot of steam.
Jaima Ann
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the dynamics between Selene and her guys. Plus Joe and Vic...mmm!
Selene was such a badass in this book. She had a few tough weeks there, but found her stride and the guys had her back every time she needed it.
I loved this book so much, but Jaime is acting shady as fuck! I’d definitely be wary of Godfrey if I were him. I’ll definitely have my eyes on him while reading the next book.
That ending hurt my heart so freaking much! I NEED the next book so badly! 😭

• The Secrets We Keep (Maven of Mayhem, #1)
  • Three Tricks (Hidden Empire #2)
  • The Sacrifices We Make (Maven of Mayhem, #2)
  • Enemy (The Aces, #3)
  • Adversary (The Aces, #2)
  • Killer Lies (The Chaos Crew, #2)
  • Forever Royal (The Knights of Echoes Cove, #4)
  • Dual Nature (Omega Assassin, #1)
  • Two Tricks (Hidden Empire #1)
  • A Lovely Confession (Debt of Passion Duet, #2)
  • Killer Heart (The Chaos Crew, #3)
  • Caged Royal (The Knights of Echoes Cove, #3)
  • Killer Beauty (The Chaos Crew, #1)
  • Magical Academy for Delinquents (Pinnacle, #1)
  • Tormented Royal (The Knights of Echoes Cove, #1)
  • The Scars We Bare (Maven of Mayhem #3)
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #1)
  • Lost Royal (The Knights of Echoes Cove, #2)

Lethal Beauty & Smoking Steel (3 books)
  • Mafias Kiss (Lethal Beauty & Smoking Steel, #1)
  • Mafias Revenge (Lethal Beauty & Smoking Steel, #3)

News & Interviews

Welcome back, once again, to the perennial tradition of summer reading. Thanks to display-technology advances in e-book readers, you can...