Start by marking “The 13th Hour: Chaos” as Want to Read:
The 13th Hour: Chaos

The 13th Hour: Chaos

A Mesmerizing Thriller Told in Reverse

Richard Doetsch returns with a stand-alone sequel to his international bestseller, The 13th Hour, published in twenty-two countries.

On a warm Fourth of July in the quiet town of Byram Hills, Nick Quinn watches as his wife and daughter die in an unprecedented terrorist attack.

Amid the disaster, Nick is approached by a dying friend w
Published May 3rd 2022 by Permuted Press

To ask other readers questions about The 13th Hour, please sign up.
Richard Doetsch Not at all! Very different, new direction, really cool twists, the same husband and wife. I can't really say much without spoiling things, though I ca…moreNot at all! Very different, new direction, really cool twists, the same husband and wife. I can't really say much without spoiling things, though I can assure you, if you enjoyed the first one, this one ramps things up while keeping it extremely heartfelt and edge of your seat. The idea was originally conceived as four stories, each completely different, though with same intensity, heart, and backwards storytelling concept. The scale and situations have grown while each story stands on its own so it doesn't matter which book you read first. Hope all is well with you and yours! Thanks for asking!(less)

Start your review of The 13th Hour: Chaos
"Avonna
Sep 15, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Check out all my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

THE 13th HOUR: CHAOS (The Nick Quinn Thriller Book #2) by Richard Doetsch is an exciting and fast-paced time travel thriller featuring Nick Quinn. This story is the second in the series but can easily be read as a standalone thriller.

Nick Quinn is celebrating with his family and friends at the town’s Fourth of July party when one of his best friends appears telling Nick to take his backpack and pocket watch as he dies from a gunshot w
Sherrie Howey
Jul 10, 2022 rated it really liked it
Set on July 4th in a suburb of Westchester County, a fundraising event is scheduled for a senator. A horrific event is about to occur affecting huge crowds. The book is told in reverse order and starts on Chapter 12. The protagonist, Nick Quinn holds a secret pocket watch which allows him to alter time.
This makes for a series of exciting twists and turns throughout the book. Hang on to your hat as this is an action packed thriller!
Jennifer Furru
Jun 02, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding sequel to 13th hour

A nail biter, action packed from start to finish. 13th hour was a great book. 13th Hour: Chaos was unbelievably awesome. Highly recommend. It is a book that was well worth the wait.
Mary
Jun 02, 2022 rated it it was amazing
The original 13th hour was one of the best books I ever read. I was not quite sure that the sequel could be as good, much less better. Well, it was and surpassed the original. Well done, Mr. Doetsch! Thank you and Bravo!!! Looking forward to the next one, please!?!
Debbie Rozier
Sep 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This was a book where every chapter kept me on the edge of my seat. It is a time travel political thriller in which Nick Quinn, the main character, thanks to a special pocket watch, goes back in time each hour on the hour for 12 hours to try to keep his wife and daughter alive, his town from being destroyed, and a group of political officials from being assassinated.

The chapters work backward and every chapter adds another layer to the plot. I loved this one because each chapter almost felt like
Evelyn
Apr 26, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller, time-travel
There’s a big 4th of July celebration going on in the small town of Byram Hills, and Nick Quinn’s wife Julia is in charge of a fundraising reception for Senator Chase that evening. But when a terrorist attack blows up the town’s huge dam, Nick watches thousands being killed, including his own wife and daughter.

Several years earlier, Nick had the chance to save his wife’s life using a strange pocket watch that turned back time, giving him a chance to right wrongs, one hour at a time, but only fo
Katherina Martin
Mar 08, 2022 rated it liked it
Very thrilling and full of excitement, the author counts the book down in a backwards fashion. It took lots of concentration at times to really follow the story. Because I had to work my brain so hard I gave it 3 stars although I think it will be higher rated by most people. I admire the mind of the author! Thank you to NetGalley, the author and the publisher for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Mary
Jun 02, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just amazing!

The original 13th Hour is one of the best books I’ve ever read. I didn’t know if the sequel could live up to it. It did and is more outstanding than the first. I am in awe of how great these books are! I’m ready for the next one Mr. Doetsch! Thank you!!! Bravo!

Brian H
Jun 19, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun and enjoyable story

A fun and enjoyable story. Richard Doetsch weaves together a clever plot, numerous twists and turns, and interesting characters and scenes.
Kathleen Kelly
Sep 29, 2022 rated it it was amazing
13 Hour: Chaos by Richard Doetsch is the 2nd Nick Quinn thriller. Wow, what a plot. At first, it was hard to follow and the story started at the end and ended up with the beginning. A plot to assassinate the President of the US, other Presidents, and other important people from around the world a peacekeeping mission if you will between the countries.

Nick Quinn becomes the holder of an ancient watch, there are two and the other one is in the hands of an unsavory individual, intent on harm. This
Shelly
Sep 21, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Clear your schedule for a day or two because you are not going to want to tear yourself away from this book until the very end!

I have watched movies/tv shows that use the reverse time travel theme, but this is the first for a book and I am absolutely in awe of how flawless Doestch pulled this off. I didn't read the first book, but this one blew me out of the water. I was literally biting my nails because of the constant growth of thrill with each page turn.

Nick is a well-built, in-depth charact
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Sep 20, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2022
MY THOUGHTS -
Sometimes books are meant to be read carefully and intently, paying attention to every little detail of the puzzle. And that’s what this book was for me. I wanted to read every single word so that I didn’t miss anything.

I have read some really brilliant books, but this one takes the cake. I honestly don’t know how an author can write such a complex storyline… He must’ve had a lot of index cards!

Going back in time hour by hour, first 5:00, then back to 4:00, then 3:00. Each time you
Joan
Sep 10, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This must have been a hard book to plot. I wondered sometimes if it all worked. An example is when the dam tragedy is being watched on TV and Dreyfus walks in. But it is the earlier dam tragedy and not the later one. (967-973/5628) By the time I tried to figure it out, I had lost the flow of the plot. Another example is when one character had the watch and used it several times but now did not have it. We are told he only knows the present, not the future hours he experienced when he had the wat ...more
Danielle Urban
Sep 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing
The 13th Hour: Chaos by Richard Doetsch is is the next exciting installment to the first book, The 13th Hour. I found this book quite interesting. Think of the Time Traveler's Wife and Back to the Future and you get The 13th Hour: Chaos. There are always consequences for time travelers. In this case, the hero, lost his wife and daughter only to relive the agony over again. But there are twists and turns to this secret watch of traveling in time. One man's grief is felt through the pages. It is h ...more
Hannah Sutherland
Sep 13, 2022 rated it really liked it
This book was so different compared to any other book that I’ve read before. It is a thriller that is told essentially in reverse and if we go back in time, can we change our actions or the events that might happen. Overall, I thought the storyline was good and kept my interest throughout the entire book. I didn’t care for some of the characters throughout the book and it was difficult at times to connect to them. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a fast paced thriller ...more
Cheryl
Sep 09, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I did not realize that this is book two of the Nick Quinn thrillers. Yet, I had no issues jumping right into this book. Mr. Doetsch sures knows how to up the ante with the reading experience. I mean while reading this book, it was like a major motion picture movie playing into my head! I could not stop reading. Literally read this book in one day, it was that good. The 13th Hour: Chaos took me on a roller coaster filled with tons of action, intrigue, twists and turns with engaging characters.

Wh
Daniel Lewis
Jul 04, 2022 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2022, 2022-july
I avoid spoilers like crazy. I hate summarizing a book beyond maybe the very opening to leave the enjoyment of the book to the reader instead of ruining it. However today I am going to break my own rule. I have no choice because I can not discuss the serious flaws in this story without some spoilers. I will use the spoiler tag to hide the text unless you want to see it though.

I should start with for the most part its a compelling exciting thriller. The author had a great concept and the first b
Ryan Hillis
Great story.
Erica
Jul 24, 2022 rated it liked it
Time travel books always make my head ache. One jump through time is confusing enough, but multiple jumps.... It got rather confusing. Despite that, I enjoyed trying to piece it all together.
Holly Nguyen
Joe
Jul 22, 2022

• Intergalactic Exterminators, Inc
  • Ashton Hall
  • They Come at Knight (Nena Knight Book 2)
  • Always Her Love (The Steeles at Silver Island, #4)
  • Cora's Kitchen
  • The Almost Lovebirds (Jasmine Falls Love Stories Book 1)
  • Once Forbidden, Twice Shy
  • California Sister
  • Fallout
  • Life's Journey our Greatest Test: A Contemporary Christian Novel
  • The Soldier's Daughter: The BRAND NEW gripping historical novel from AnneMarie Brear for 2022
  • Cinder Bella ('Tis the Season Book 3)
  • Always Noel ('Tis the Season Book 4)
  • Hardland
  • Stay Over (Kincaid Brothers, #1)
  • Please Join Us
  • Plant-Based Himalaya: Vegan Recipes from Nepal
  • The Dead Won't Tell
A Mesmerizing Thriller Told in Reverse
(Yep, you start at the last chapter and go backwards)

“At long last, Richard Doetsch returns to the clock-spinning world of THE 13TH HOUR. Its ingenious sequel, THE 13TH HOUR: CHAOS, is a jigsaw puzzle in book form—but that’s not a