Start by marking “Killer Beauty (The Chaos Crew, #1)” as Want to Read:
Killer Beauty (The Chaos Crew, #1)

Killer Beauty

(The Chaos Crew #1)

I'm the girl you'll never see coming.

Blink and you're dead, another target checked off my list.

But one night everything in my carefully ordered existence falls apart. A bloodbath and a car crash later, I find myself in the grasp of four gorgeous, intimidating men.

Are my captors cops like they claim or something far more sinister? They sure know how to bend the law. And see
Published November 6th 2021

Start your review of Killer Beauty (The Chaos Crew, #1)
One chapter more
Ok, I have more questions about this book than I had before starting it. I also have issues, so many of them. But it’s ok, it’s just a book, right?

Wrong.

I’m frustrated, I’m questioning myself and every single character of this story. A fecking Garlic Milkshake. And I have to wait more than a month to learn the truth? I know I should blame myself for trusting TikTok yet again.

I love Dess but even with her training she’s pretty naive, I hate Garrison, touching Blaze freaks me out, Julius gives me
Paula  Phillips
Nov 19, 2021 rated it liked it
After reading and enjoying Crooked Princess also by this duo, I discovered to give the first book in their new series a go. I enjoyed this one, as well as the author, has their tough guys who surprise those close to them as in this book we have Talon who knits, and then the female is always underestimated but she is driven by revenge and kicks butt even though they don't have faith in her. In Killer Beauty, Decima was raised as an assassin and was told never to leave her room without permission. ...more
Debbie Eyre
Nov 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a great first book! A gripping and exciting read in which we meet Dess (Decima) a kick ass trained assassin when things don’t go quite according to plan as she ends up in the company of four totally hot guys! It’s a slow burn romance filled with tons of action and vengeance , secrets and intrigue,chemistry and a whole lotta steam!
LolaLovesRH
Nov 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Verdict on this new series by Eva Chase and Harlow king, I’m obsessed and I need more!!! The story is interesting and the characters for the most part are likable.

There were a few moments where I felt like Decima made some questionable mistakes that I feel like a professional assassin would not make. An example would be her using a computer without completely knowing how to clear the we browser history, or thinking about how someone may be able to see it.

However, it’s only just a few t
Lena Wassel
Nov 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Dess is a trained assassin. She believes she’s been killing people trying to harm her household. The household is massacred and she escapes. Vowing vengeance she, unbeknownst to her, falls right into the hands of the murderers. All is not what it seems - good and bad are blurred lines.

Dess is a badass - she’s funny, strong (literally), and very resourceful. She is a little naive because she’s never truly existed in the real world. I really liked her character.

Her guys are a bit more complicate
Pixie.reads
Nov 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Killer beauty is a Reverse Harem enemies to lovers , hitman/captive romance and is the first book in the Chaos Crew series.

Dessert is our FMC and she's a total badass and was trained to kill by the Household from a very young age. And when they are massacred in their home Dess vows to get revenge and kill anyone that was involved.

Julius, Talon, Blaze, and Garrison are the Chaos Crew, and they decide to hold Dess captive in order to find out who she is and what she was doing near the scene of the
Steiner
Nov 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Hooked at the first lines!!! Decima hask been trained since she was a little girl to unalive people. We start her journey by her seeing her entire household destroyed. She leave and set off for revenge. She quickly meets the 4 future love interests, Julius, Talon, Garrison and Blaze. What I like was the difference in age range we can see in the harem, Julius and talon are depicted close to late 30 and the other two are in their twenties.
I really loved Decima and all her interactions with guys.
Sh
BookmarkedbyKat
Dec 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reverse-harems
This is a slow burn start to the series but I ain’t mad about it.

I loved the authors other series, Crooked Paradise, so knew I’d have to read The Chaos Crew series!

Decima is our main female and she was raised as a weapon. She’s strong and skilled and a master manipulator. There are a lot of lies being told from all sides and soo many questions we need answers too. I feel like we haven’t gotten much of any answers and just left with more questions, so I’m hoping we get some in book 2!

I find it a
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This is book one of a series and is mostly introducing us to the characters of the Chaos Crew and the deadly but beautiful, Decima. There is a lot of action and not a lot of answers to my billion questions in this book. I was so frustrated… I have theories, but as usual, I am rubbish at working out plot lines and who I’m able to trust. The story is well written and keeps the intrigue flowing and the heart-pounding right to the last word.

Decima is deadly, literally! She has been trained her whole
Sue Harbers
Nov 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love how completely different this storyline is from other books that I've read. There's so many questions that I still have and the story is so engaging that I'm definitely completely invested in Dess' journey. Dess is a very interesting FMC. Due to her upbringing, she really is a blank slate. She has no idea who she is and she's been trained to obey and kind of have no personality at all, almost machine like. Despite that she wants nothing more then to find her freedom and figure out who she ...more
Tanya Courtney
Nov 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it

I absolutely loved this book it had plenty of mystery and story to go with the relationship and romance side.

Dess is amazing and by the time the book ends she's well and truly had the rug pulled out from under her several times over. She strong on the inside and the outside. I loved the action scenes in this book.

The guys, I love them all already but am particularly intrigued by Garrison and his life prior to ending up with the crew and why he's the way he is.

So excited for bo
Heidi
Nov 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Action packed assassins
A unique story that starts right off with a violent mass murder. Dess is raised in an odd family unit trained as an assassin. This book is an ongoing series that sets the stage, introducing characters and giving us a taste of each of their backgrounds. The guys from the Chaos Crew are introduced showing the reader that there will be plenty of baggage tied to each of them. There is a slow burn attraction between Dess and the guys giving us much to look forward to in the nex
Beyond The Covers Blog
Nov 10, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: holly
Killer Beauty is a spy thriller.  The action sequences were well written and the plot was a good one.  However, it was very dragged out and took way too long to get to the point of the book and for character development and interactions.  Good premise but tough to see through to the end.
Hannah Wenna
Dec 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
whew

Could not put this down!! Intriguing, mysterious and just flat out amazing!! I really need to know everything… all of the things!!
Mandy
Oct 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
Dess is a girl that you'll never see coming until you are dead. But one night everything in her carefully ordered and controlled existence fell apart and after a bloodbath and a car crash, she finds herself being held by four gorgeous but intimidating men. Should she believe them that they are cops or are they something far more sinister as they certainly know how to bend the law. Plus they are very skilful with a gun, knife or hand to hand combat which then makes her wonder what their hands wou ...more
Shawna Jimenez more.books.forever
This was an amazing start to a new series and I cannot wait to dive in deeper because I have a feeling we have barely scratched the surface.

Decima is a bada$$ trained killer, she can take care of herself and really doesn’t need anyone.
Julius , Blaze, Garrison , Talon these four really do hold all the cards. The tension and chemistry between Dess and the guys burns up the pages. I’m really looking forward to more of her interactions with each of them and how they all fix together because they ar
Courtney
Dec 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was definitely interested in this new series by this author duo past on other reads/listens I have of theirs and I was not disappointed. In this new series, we get to see how a serial killer crew handles finding their missed mark without even knowing it and both sides keeping their real selves secret from the other. It was definitely fun to see the cat and mouse game between them all, and elicited small smiles from me when they were missing the major clues/werent putting 2 and 2 together (its ...more
Tricia
Dec 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This review is written voluntarily after listening to the audio version of this book

I'll start my review by saying that this book was nothing like I was expecting. Firstly, it's an enemy to lovers story which only had one intimate scene. Secondly, Dess the female lead is an assassin but in some ways, she's so unaware of the real world that said once I started listening to this one I just couldn't stop.

The five main players in this story are the four guys who make up The Chaos Crew, a team of hir
Denise
Nov 11, 2021 added it
Shelves: romances
I can't wait to get more of this new series by Eva Chance and Harlow King. Decima has been raised in seclusion and trained as an assassin. Though she lives in a big mansion she has little contact with the other inhabitants. She mostly trains and goes on "missions" to "protect" her handlers. When one of the women who takes care of her shows up at her door bleeding to death, Decima is shocked to discover a house full of dead, mutilated bodies. She knows she has to get out of there before someone d ...more
Clare
Nov 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Killer Beauty was that good that I'm struggling to write this review without giving too much away...giving it 10/10 just doesn't cut it...so here goes...
This book was nothing like anything I've ever read before from this genre...it kept the intrigue going from start to finish , it keeps you second guessing so much,and the million and one questions you need answers for...the list is endless! The action in this book is instant, a massacre in a mansion where Decima has spent her life being trained
Joy  Avery
☆☆☆☆☆
Killer Beauty was one awesome start to a new series. This was my first read by either of these authors and they have made me a fan.
This enemies to lovers, hit man, captive reverse harem romance features Decima “Dess", Julius, Blaze, Garrison, and Talon. Dess is a professional killer who is bad to the bone. She worked for an organization of sorts called the “Household”. When the book begins, the Household is being wiped out in a blood bath. She wants revenge but in the aftermath, she is i
Deborah Peach
Nov 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Wow! What did I just read? And that cliffhanger? I really need to know, right now, what happens next. Eva Chance had me totally sucked into this book right from the first page. The characters were so well written and had such depth that they could have jumped off the pages. I know I wouldn't want to meet any of them in a dark alley. Be prepared for an experience like you wouldn't believe when you meet Dess and the Chaos Crew!

Decima, or Dess for short, isn't what you would expect. The only life s
Kyla
Dec 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Gritty, bloody chaos, and I enjoyed every second of it! I read these ladies series Crooked Princess and really enjoyed it, so I knew I needed to pick this up and I wasn’t disappointed. It’s gritty, raw, bloody, filled with violence and complete psychos. The BEST kind of psychos if you’re into the whole kidnap, violent thing. Dess the FMC is a complete bad***, she’s been training her whole life to be an assassin and she’s d@*m good at it, but when it comes to leaving behind the only life she’s ev ...more
Karina
Jan 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Booktok brought me here, and I resisted for a long time because I truly do judge a book by its cover and I just cannot stand covers with weird stereotypical romance models on them.

But what a mistake! This (spy? secret agent? hitman?) is not my typical romance genre, but it quickly sucked me in and keep me interested from start to finish. The FMC is a badass, and all four of the men are unique and pretty well developed, which can be an issue with the first book in an RH series.

Fair warning: the
Apple Pie
Jan 02, 2022 rated it really liked it
The first book in the Chaos Crew Series started off with nothing less than a bang! Readers were introduced to the badass assassin Decima and the four mysterious "cops". Since the beginning, the story was tangled with lies that had readers anticipating the next move.

Writing (4 STARS): The writing wasn't the best but it was easy to read and didn't have pages upon pages of endless and useless descriptions, so 4 stars for writing!

Plot (4 STARS): I found the first book majorly developed and advance
Rebecca Carsley
Nov 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Killer Beauty was Fantastic!!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Review

This is a story about a woman named Dess, who has trained her whole life to be an assassin. Locked away and hidden from the world in a mansion where ‘The Household’ lived she was only allowed out for missions. Until one night a dying member and friend allowed her her freedom only to witness a horrifying scene upon exiting her wing of the house. Fleeing the mansion and on the run she’s finds herself in a car accident and saved or more technically kidn
Sara
Nov 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A great start to a new series. Anyone who loved Crooked Paradise, the previous series from this duo, is definitely going to want to pick this one up too. Different story and situation, but I got some definitely pleasant Mercy like vibes. Dess is no shrinking violet either.

Lies and half truth swirl as Dess and the Chaos crew try to determine if they can be allies or must be enemies. The more time they spend together, the lines start to blur.

I loved how skilled Dess is, but also how sheltered. T
Booklovingmummy
Oct 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
There’s SO much going on in this books it’s unreal!!

Between the complexed characters and the secrets surrounding their backstory and what on earth is going on in the present along with the tension, passion and excitement this book had me on my toes and engrossed from the first page!

I’m looking forward to finding out what on Earth has been going on for these characters and out their actions have suddenly put them all in each others path.

I enjoyed how this story spent time developing the plot a
Kassie
Nov 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great start to a series! Decima is such a badass and quick thinker. She’s been trained to easily adapt to situations and blend into her surroundings. The guys are the same though and they both end up lying to get what they needed from each other.
Everything that ended up happening and being uncovered led to so many more questions. There is so much mystery surrounding Decima and I’m eager to find out more about how she came to be in the household. Each of the guys is so different
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: intriguing
This is the first in a new series and what a great beginning this is. Decima / Dess is strong and resourceful and is a trained assassin, but when her carefully constructed life falls apart after a bloodbath and a car crash, she finds herself at the mercy of four sexy men who claim they are police officers, but are they or is something more sinister going on? Dess does not know whom to trust and who not to, but she has revenge in mind, and she needs to escape. This is a well written story which i ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Killer Candy (Lapland Underground, #1)
  • Save Me (WITSEC, #2)
  • F*ckboy Psychos (Scarlett Force, #1)
  • Wicked Trials (Boys of Briar Hall, #2)
  • Kill Song (Cardinal Sins, #1)
  • Bond of Destiny (Demonica #20)
  • Scream For Us (Holiday Masked Men, #1)
  • Claimed by the Monster in My Closet (Monster World Book 1)
  • Love Unexpected
  • My Best Friend's Sister
  • Safe Word (Queen of Hearts #2)
  • Seduction (The Deadly Seven, #2)
  • Obsession (The Deadly Seven, #1)
  • Thieves' Honor (The Gentlemen #2)
  • Amos: A Novella
  • Moon Touched (Zodiac Wolves #1)
  • Home for a Cowboy Christmas
  • The Stalking Dead (Gang of Ghouls, #1)

The Chaos Crew (3 books)
  • Killer Lies (The Chaos Crew, #2)
  • Killer Heart (The Chaos Crew, #3)

News & Interviews

For dedicated horror fans, every season is Halloween season. October is a fine month, it just doesn’t come around often enough.   Most scholars...